Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Some Numbers
Sep 28, 2006

"LET'S GET DOWN TO WORK!!"
I kind of want to build Naya Feather, but I don't want to spend WCs on checklands that are rotating in a couple of months.

I suppose the deck is too fast for Temples?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Some Numbers
Sep 28, 2006

Framboise posted:

I've seen people play Mental Magic before and that looked really interesting. I was only a couple months into learning to play back then though so I wonder if I'd be any good at it now.

It's super fun if both players have a nigh encyclopedic knowledge of cards.

Some Numbers
Sep 28, 2006

Wow, that situation is completely BS.

SalTheBard posted:

Wow I'm not even super familiar with those cards (I had to look them up to see what they did) but goddamn even I know that you can't just arbitrarily change targets of a spell like that. That would be like casting deathtouch on a creature with protection from black, then being like "Oops" and then selecting a different target.

This is completely different, because that's an illegal target. This was a completely legal line of play that didn't do what the player wanted. Judges are not there to make sure you don't screw up.

Some Numbers
Sep 28, 2006

That's a better post than this situation deserves.

Some Numbers
Sep 28, 2006

Orange Fluffy Sheep posted:

Late but I get mad when new commanders are too safe, why does egg lady have only 3 toughness and takes 2 mana to make an egg?

Should've been 4 so she survives Lightning Bolt and 1 mana so it's less drat work.

Does anyone run Lightning Bolt in EDH?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Some Numbers
Sep 28, 2006

quote:

Note that Rampaging Ferocidon will be unbanned in traditional best-of-three Standard on MTG Arena (as of September 4), but will remain banned in best-of-one play. This is due to differences in the metagames between those play modes, with aggressive red strategies already performing well in best-of-one.

This is hilarious. :allears: