Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Marx Headroom
May 10, 2007

AT LAST! A show with nonono commercials!
Fallen Rib

SHY NUDIST GRRL posted:

Don't see malice where it could easily be ignorance.
Also conservatives loving up is the American political narrative right now.

Yeahhhh I don't think the NY freakin T can really claim "ignorance" when you can routinely turn to page 2 for news on countries you've never even heard of

It's not like this was Oops All Berries where did all the conservative seats go??? UK confused :iiam:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Marx Headroom
May 10, 2007

Fallen Rib

:bisonyes:

Marx Headroom
May 10, 2007

Fallen Rib

Elevator Screamer posted:

He is, but he's a crap party leader. He's a very principled politician and sticks to his ethical views, but he can't work the political system with any level of competence. I feel unclean for saying it, but a Blair-style Labour labour who was capable of making backroom deals, playing the game, and wooing the media would have annihilated the Tories over this whole fiasco. Just look how much they've self-imploded without any serious opposition.

let me introduce you to my good friend the escalator

Marx Headroom
May 10, 2007

Fallen Rib

Squizzle posted:

the true brexit is to brexit oneself from worldly concerns

that is the brexit which truly and fully means brexit

Marx Headroom
May 10, 2007

Fallen Rib

Shear Modulus posted:

theyre going to steal the mace, didnt you pay attention

not if Sherlock Holmes can stop them

Marx Headroom
May 10, 2007

Fallen Rib
just looted one of these from the Tower of London (hard mode)

Marx Headroom
May 10, 2007

Fallen Rib

twoday posted:

EVERY MORNING I WAKE UP AND OPEN PALM SLAM A BILL INTO THE HOUSE OF COMMONS. ITS BREXIT AND RIGHT THEN AND THERE I START COUNTING THE VOTES ALONGSIDE WITH THE RIGHT HONOURABLE SPEAKER, JOHN BERCOW. I DO ALL THE NEGOTIATIONS AND I DO THEM HARD. MAKIN WHOOSHING SOUNDS WHEN I FLY TO BERLIN OR SLAM DOWN SOME REMAINER BASTARDS OR EVEN WHEN I LOSE THE VOTE. NOT MANY CAN SAY THEIR BILL LOST BY THE LARGEST MARGIN IN THE MODERN ERA. I CAN. I SAY IT AND I SAY IT OUTLOUD EVERYDAY TO PEOPLE IN MY CABINET AND ALL THEY DO IS PROVE PEOPLE IN GOVERNMENT CAN STILL BE IMMATURE JERKS. AND IVE LEARNED ALL THE TRICKS OF CHANGING A BILL'S FONT AND SPACING AND I'VE LEARNED HOW TO GET PAST THE MOLD LAYER ON JAM AND I CALL MY ESTEEMED COLLEAGUES IN EUROPE WHO ARE ASKING FOR REASSURANCES AND I SHOUT EM ALL AS I ASK FOR ANOTHER EXTENSION. 2 MONTHS INCLUDING DEBATE EVERY TIME. THEN I LOSE MY VOICE

Marx Headroom
May 10, 2007

Fallen Rib

narrator voice: boris had not thought this through properly

Marx Headroom
May 10, 2007

Fallen Rib
:bisonyes:

Super-rich prepare to leave UK 'within minutes' if Labour wins election

quote:

Lawyers and accountants for the UK’s richest families said they had been deluged with calls from millionaire and billionaire clients asking for help and advice on moving countries, shifting their fortunes offshore and making early gifts to their children to avoid the Labour leader’s threat to tax all inheritances above £125,000.

quote:

Corbyn’s plans for workers’ rights, with ideas floated including a four-day working week and giving employees 10% of the shares of big firms, are also of concern to the wealthy.

Marx Headroom
May 10, 2007

Fallen Rib
edit mobile app borked

Marx Headroom
May 10, 2007

Fallen Rib
Job market for "bloggers who make graphs trying to figure out how to make privatized healthcare work" about to get real

Marx Headroom
May 10, 2007

Fallen Rib

Good Soldier Svejk posted:

I guess the brits hate immigrants more than they like having functioning organs

UK up there in alcohol consumption worldwide

Their organs are super hosed now

Marx Headroom
May 10, 2007

Fallen Rib

IWW Online Branch posted:

So Corbyn's out as leader, right? There's no way the Blairites won't have the knives out for him after this.

The Blairites have had their knives out for jam man every waking minute of the day

They got knives taped to their eyelids for that guy

Marx Headroom
May 10, 2007

Fallen Rib

Ursine Catastrophe posted:

the election was all down to the interference of russian vodka companies

even the Russians have uhc lol

Marx Headroom
May 10, 2007

Fallen Rib

Pomp posted:

losing your NHS should be a civil war worthy issue tbh, you are in for a nightmare you cannot fathom

For real that Roy Batty line "Quite an experience to live in fear"? Very same

Marx Headroom
May 10, 2007

Fallen Rib

Oh man we are definitely reelecting trump

I remember waking up to the Brexit phone notification and suddenly feeling a sick dread because I knew that if Britain did something stupid we would absolutely do something stupider

Marx Headroom
May 10, 2007

Fallen Rib

Sedisp posted:

But the Democrats response to that has been to shout about going to far left as a more progressive wing of the party tries to take the reigns.

My dude, they scream about going too far left every day. Worrying about and engaging with their lovely response is about the least productive use of your energy.

Marx Headroom
May 10, 2007

Fallen Rib

Sedisp posted:

My point is do not count on liberals to tow the line and vote for President Bernie. Ensuring that the working class comes out in droves is literally the only thing that prevents Bloomberg third party dumbshittery.

This is the lesson I'm taking away from all this

"Many liberals would rather have conservatives than leftists" you hear this all the time but rarely does it happen in real life with such clarity

Marx Headroom
May 10, 2007

Fallen Rib

BIG FLUFFY DOG posted:

https://twitter.com/thwphipps/status/617371513277259776

Throwback to a simpler times where we didn't yet realize we were in hellworld

:megadeath:

Marx Headroom
May 10, 2007

Fallen Rib

Yinlock posted:

hating the eu for being a neoliberal cesspit is fine and good

hating the eu because immigrants is bad

many sides

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Marx Headroom
May 10, 2007

Fallen Rib

Cerv posted:

thank gently caress that’s finally over. we’re free to nationalise the trains now or something like that?

Are they not already better? I was under the impression the effects of Brexit would be immediate.