Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Zeroisanumber
Oct 23, 2010

Nap Ghost

pathetic little tramp posted:

What I don't get, you have 331 seats, a simple majority. You're in good shape. Why get greedy and call a GE? I mean, I know let's really gently caress up Labour, but is there any benefit to having a bigger majority?

Needed a bigger majority to get hardcore crazy and start really pushing radical policy.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Zeroisanumber
Oct 23, 2010

Nap Ghost

Cao Ni Ma posted:

Its beyond hilarious that a few weeks ago the media was calling May a political genius for calling the snap elections

Seemed like a good idea at the time.

Speaking of, how is it that May isn't already ousted? Is she going to hang on through this mess?

Zeroisanumber
Oct 23, 2010

Nap Ghost

pathetic little tramp posted:

So is May's bungled election going to actually re-ignite the Troubles?

Adams isn't going to start digging up the semtex over it, but he certainly isn't happy about the DUP being part of any governing coalition. I'd read it as a shot across the bow more than anything.

Zeroisanumber
Oct 23, 2010

Nap Ghost

Yes, curse the luck.

Zeroisanumber
Oct 23, 2010

Nap Ghost

Donkwich posted:

nigel thornberry is the only good nigel

Nigel Tufnel :colbert:

Zeroisanumber
Oct 23, 2010

Nap Ghost

Zikan posted:

https://twitter.com/mhairihunter/status/877099859941224448

this government is literally remaking the thick of it in real time

I was under the impression that Brexit would actually save the UK scads of money and that hardened English negotiators would roll right over their flabby Brussels counterparts. How could reality be so far off from Brexiteer propaganda???

Zeroisanumber
Oct 23, 2010

Nap Ghost

Nonsense posted:

He quit acting, he was on broadway almost exclusively for a while.

Really? I never thought of him as a song and dance man.

Zeroisanumber
Oct 23, 2010

Nap Ghost
Snuff Box was better anyway.

Zeroisanumber
Oct 23, 2010

Nap Ghost

Squizzle posted:

its tricky just because handling of the dead and condition of corpses is unaccountably important for some religious people/groups

like ok make it opt out but you gotta do due diligence to make sure every fuckin person is told about the opt out in any terms they need to understand it and withdraw their consent

i guess including a question every year or 2 at dr appts ("oi guv you wanna stop a needy baby from getting yr fookin liver or arse from ye dead killed corpse, fook??") and as part of hospital admissions poo poo, maybe in a few other times???????

or just put a withdraw consent checkbox on yr natl id card or something

idk you wanna balance access for people who think it alters their loved ones eternal disposition, w not giving too much cause to think about it to people who would just randomly refuse for no fuckin reason if you asked them enough times

I think most places just do it when you get your ID renewed.

Zeroisanumber
Oct 23, 2010

Nap Ghost

So what does that mean? Does the EU just kick them out and refuse to negotiate a trade deal until they pay a big divorce bill and agree to a bunch of other stipulations?

Zeroisanumber
Oct 23, 2010

Nap Ghost

nopantsjack posted:

we make good cheese, stilton can't be beat... genuinely struggling to come up with anything else we do

Geordie Shore sex videos.

And I only infrequently want to guillotine your royals, which actually speaks very well of them.

Zeroisanumber
Oct 23, 2010

Nap Ghost

Whorelord posted:

if I was gay I'd totally gently caress a way older guy tbf

If I were gay I'd gently caress Steven Fry.

You get me drunk enough I could probably get half into it now. :parrot:

Zeroisanumber
Oct 23, 2010

Nap Ghost

Frijolero posted:

https://twitter.com/jeremycorbyn/status/915645208141881344

Corbyn's mum punched loving Nazis and you should too.

THE ETERNAL BOY!!!

K, look. I'm gonna steal that boy. Gonna steal Corbyn and bring him to the States now.

Zeroisanumber
Oct 23, 2010

Nap Ghost

babypolis posted:

i didnt know she was a communist and shes a national icon here

thought i guess that kinda explains why i didnt know

She literally hosed Leon Trotsky and people don't know that she's a communist?

That's some high-test historical whitewashing.

Zeroisanumber
Oct 23, 2010

Nap Ghost

JFairfax posted:

her face is looking puffy, I think she's probably drinking more.

I mean loving hell you would prob become an alcoholic too if you were in her situation lol.

I'm half an alcoholic and my life is pretty good all things considered.

Zeroisanumber
Oct 23, 2010

Nap Ghost

As an American I'm going to give that a preemptive, "lol, that's not happening".

Zeroisanumber
Oct 23, 2010

Nap Ghost

Byolante posted:

Brexiting only to sign up to an even worse pile of neoliberal poo poo would be so loving tory

British farmers would be competing directly with US and South American agribusiness conglomerates. I'll let you imagine how well that would go.

Zeroisanumber
Oct 23, 2010

Nap Ghost

hakimashou posted:

The Brexit is legit the best thing that's ever happened to Jeremy Corbyn.

Personally speaking, Labour would be able to negotiate Brexit better than the Tories and it would be better for the UK if they did.

Politically speaking, I hope It's a debacle and the Tories own all of it.

Zeroisanumber
Oct 23, 2010

Nap Ghost

Zikan posted:

the tories being so austerity focused they cut the security state, a line even the most insane republicans won't cross is loving lol all around

Tories forgot that they need to constantly beef up the security state to protect them from angry proles. American ultra-wealthy scum never seem to forget that lesson. I blame Hollywood.

Zeroisanumber
Oct 23, 2010

Nap Ghost

Holy poo poo!

Zeroisanumber
Oct 23, 2010

Nap Ghost

nopantsjack posted:

Corbyn is the only good thing in the UK ATM. Which is why he's gonna be killed or disgraced

If he were even a little dirty it would've come out by now.

Zeroisanumber
Oct 23, 2010

Nap Ghost

Jazerus posted:

what about industries and positions in general substantially above minimum wage?

bringing in foreign workers to work closer to minimum is still attractive to corporations, in that case.

Here in the states we have "prevailing wages" for construction projects that state the minimum that workers of "x" experience must be paid while on a project. By law the wage rates are posted at the jobsite so everyone knows if they're getting screwed. Probably a good starting point.

Zeroisanumber
Oct 23, 2010

Nap Ghost

Baloogan posted:

i wanted thatcher 2.0

Thatcher would've opened her term with calling off Brexit and then chiding silly proles for thinking that their votes actually meant anything.

Zeroisanumber
Oct 23, 2010

Nap Ghost

nopantsjack posted:

we have law lords, a sea lord and the shadow cabinet too

harry potter and the cabinet of shadows

Shadow Cabinet turned out to be way less cool than I thought it was when I first heard about it. :(

Zeroisanumber
Oct 23, 2010

Nap Ghost
Trump was dumber than Brexit, but only just.

Zeroisanumber
Oct 23, 2010

Nap Ghost
https://twitter.com/JimMFelton/status/921099927958192128

Zeroisanumber
Oct 23, 2010

Nap Ghost

Translate this to Americaneese for me.

Zeroisanumber
Oct 23, 2010

Nap Ghost
All youse over there are hosed.

https://twitter.com/PickardJE/status/923573546479181824

Zeroisanumber
Oct 23, 2010

Nap Ghost

Jose posted:

Piss tape is real

Zeroisanumber
Oct 23, 2010

Nap Ghost

UrbicaMortis posted:

This is a pretty good profile on him:

https://mobile.twitter.com/georgeeaton/status/926034360062631936?p=v

He seems to be going for a wannabe Machiavelli persona.

Why would you ever keep someone like this in your government? He's got "toxic" written all over him.

Zeroisanumber
Oct 23, 2010

Nap Ghost

MikeCrotch posted:

Because he clearly has the dirty on May or at least enough Tories to take the government down

I would make more fun of your weak PM, but we have Trump so I'm living in the platonic ideal of a glass house over here.

Squizzle posted:

maybe hes just a big britney fan???

Leave her alone, Squizzle!

Zeroisanumber
Oct 23, 2010

Nap Ghost

Frijolero posted:

It's like the horse king from LOTR, except instead of a weird goth whispering in their ears it's their nasty, privileged parents. Corbyn is Alargorn or whatever the gently caress and they all live happily ever after in the planet of the teddy bears.

Good to see that the LSD we've been making has finally trickled across the pond.

Zeroisanumber
Oct 23, 2010

Nap Ghost

I am willing to admit that Washington hosed up and the revolution was a mistake if you guys will take us back now.

Zeroisanumber
Oct 23, 2010

Nap Ghost

nopantsjack posted:

i feel like you're tying the country's hands on the best way to solve its issues though

He's 86 years old. We're just going to let time assassinate him for us.

Zeroisanumber
Oct 23, 2010

Nap Ghost

Jose posted:

From the dnd thread lol. No deal means a hard Irish border

It's amazing that you flew all the way back to England just to end up more boned than you were in that Florida hotel.

Zeroisanumber
Oct 23, 2010

Nap Ghost

maskenfreiheit posted:

obvs this means ireland will unite, form a union with scotland, and then use the threat of their scottish nuke subs to annex Wangland, creating the "New UK" which will rejoin the EU.

Easy fix.

Somewhere, the dust that is left of William Wallace's bones manages to get an erection.

Zeroisanumber
Oct 23, 2010

Nap Ghost

Jose posted:

lol putin has accused the guy who has pushed for the magnitsky act to become a thing of murdering 3 people

https://www.theguardian.com/world/2017/nov/19/bill-browder-putin-accuses-three-murders-campaigner-sergei-magnitsky

The fact that Putin so viscerally despises the Magnitsky Act is an excellent reason to go Maximum Magnitsky Act.

Zeroisanumber
Oct 23, 2010

Nap Ghost

nopantsjack posted:

Quarantining ourselves to the islands is a very good idea but sadly too late, if we want to stop the spread we're going to have to glass Canada, new zealand, australia, america, all the colonies

I'm OK with this.

Zeroisanumber
Oct 23, 2010

Nap Ghost

Squizzle posted:

haha a russian oligarch is now planning yr death

As long as I can finally die.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Zeroisanumber
Oct 23, 2010

Nap Ghost
How goes Brexit?

Oh....

http://money.cnn.com/2017/11/22/news/economy/uk-france-biggest-economies-in-the-world/index.html