Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Alan_Shore
Dec 2, 2004

Spangly A posted:

ran into a cousin who works for the beeb at my uncles funeral a few months back, this was my response when she asked if I was a corbynite

she's a political correspondent who did not know vote leave had even been charged over anything relating to the ref, not long after the guilty verdict. She was promoted straight there, from the weather, during the Cameron purges

can't imagine why the fourth estate is failing at it's job of explaining basic terms to people within a two year timeframe

As someone who worked at the BBC I can attest that the level of "failing upward" is staggering

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Alan_Shore
Dec 2, 2004

I think the P in Vitamin P might stand for Prat

Alan_Shore
Dec 2, 2004

That laugh at the end is WONDERFUL

Brexit: I don't know the answer to that

Alan_Shore
Dec 2, 2004

You're not suggesting they're the same... Oh God

Alan_Shore
Dec 2, 2004

Jose posted:

My solution to brexit is to apply for a job with the British Antarctic survey today and go to Antarctica lol

When you think about it The Thing is a perfect metaphor for Brexit, what with a group of white people tearing themselves apart over a foreigner

Alan_Shore
Dec 2, 2004

ReelBigLizard posted:

Chaps, don't worry, in a few years we'll all be Brexit Millionaires*.

*One million pounds will buy one Melton Mowbray mini pork pie, imported from Poland

More like one Freddo

Alan_Shore
Dec 2, 2004

It just struck me like loving lightning how incredibly dumb UKIP is.

The United Kingdom Independence Party.

Independence for... a group of 4 countries.

One of them is across the sea.

The one thing that unites them is their overwhelming whiteness.

Racist dumb cunts

Alan_Shore
Dec 2, 2004

I don't understand this antisemitic thing. It's all cooked up right? Based on that article just posted. And perhaps Corbyn isn't a fan of Isreal? But I always thought Israel was bad because of the genocide of Palestinians and sniping children. Right? Or are they actually good?

Alan_Shore
Dec 2, 2004

There is literally not enough time for a second referendum before The End

Alan_Shore
Dec 2, 2004

Hey! I went to Crinkley Bottom TWICE and I loved it. I even met Noel Edmonds and got his autograph! I don't wanna hear your jokes, it was loving magical!

Alan_Shore
Dec 2, 2004

twoday posted:

https://twitter.com/SkyNews/status/1103022998422986753?s=19

The Department for International Trade (DIT) intends to cut 80-90% of all tariffs imposed on goods imported into Britain, according to Whitehall sources.

The radical blueprint, which has been agreed by the Cabinet, is intended both to keep goods prices in the shops from increasing dramatically and to signal the UK will remain an open, liberal economy even after leaving the EU.

According to insiders, this move would represent the single biggest liberalisation in British history.

Trade experts have warned that by slashing tariffs without waiting for reciprocation elsewhere, the UK is undermining its ability in future to strike effective trade deals, since it loses much of its leverage.

The comments on this are infuriating. Recommend do not read

Alan_Shore
Dec 2, 2004

Alan_Shore
Dec 2, 2004

The EU should tell her to gently caress off. She's had two years and done gently caress all. There's surely nothing in it for them to agree to a delay

Alan_Shore
Dec 2, 2004

hakimashou posted:

look at that man, the prisons minister

that man -is- britain

imagine being in prison and everything is run by that loving guy

Joker origin story looking good

Alan_Shore
Dec 2, 2004

iSimian posted:

In the land of the uggos, the fairest hobgoblin will be king.

That's my favourite Meat Loaf song.

Tied with "I'll do anything to Brexit, but I won't do that"

Alan_Shore
Dec 2, 2004

If Boris Johnson becomes PM there should by rights be full on riots in the streets

Alan_Shore
Dec 2, 2004

I don't know what's happening

Halloween owns

Alan_Shore
Dec 2, 2004

CoolCab posted:

gently caress nationalists and gently caress nationalism.

But this nation is the best nation. I was born here!

What's going on with BoJo's trial for being a loving liar? Hopefully that'll be swift and he'll be found guilty

Alan_Shore
Dec 2, 2004

Party Boat posted:

It was chucked out because it was paper thin, legally speaking

Well why should he face consequences for his actions after all

Alan_Shore
Dec 2, 2004

Sheng-Ji Yang posted:

this thread will become the BORIS thread, as the Trump Thread before it

*your avatar but it's me in a shirt that says SENSIBLE LAD and I'm crying saying "No... bluh bluh ... NO!"*

Alan_Shore
Dec 2, 2004

Ms Fuchi posted:

The most recent Reith Lectures are UK Supreme Court Justice Jonathan Sumption arguing in part why UK Parliamentary democracy is preferable to a constitution, for anyone interested

Well Jesus have you seen what a constitution gets you? A million gunned down kids

Alan_Shore
Dec 2, 2004

kecske posted:

until he was made Speaker and had to forgo party allegiances he was a member of the Tory party so :shrug:

If he's still a Tory he is the worst Tory ever aka a decent human being

Alan_Shore
Dec 2, 2004

Remember America and their "free speech zones" loving lol

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Alan_Shore
Dec 2, 2004

GABA ghoul posted:

Bojo, when the Brexit fell

Corbyn, his jam empty