Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Goa Tse-tung
Feb 11, 2008

;3

Yams Fan

Jippa posted:

There is a german word for when you are embarrassed for other people.

what you are feeling is Fremdscham

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Goa Tse-tung
Feb 11, 2008

;3

Yams Fan
Donald Trump going to church is virtue signalling

Goa Tse-tung
Feb 11, 2008

;3

Yams Fan

Frogfingers posted:

If they can tolerate the company of Max Landis for more than 5 minutes I don't think they have any hosed up opinions up their sleeves. Other than the notion that it's a good idea to spend time with Max Landis.

I wouldn't diss Max, he reads SA :ssh:

Goa Tse-tung
Feb 11, 2008

;3

Yams Fan
I go to "a woman isnt actually participating in sex" and a very loud slide whistle made me stop watching

Goa Tse-tung
Feb 11, 2008

;3

Yams Fan

OwlFancier posted:

Nothing, the idea is that people can change their prevailing attitudes, my contention is that "Actually we need states to save us from brutalizing sections of the population for fun" is not a solution because they also require a major change in the attitudes of the population in order to not simply brutalize people more efficiently and institutionally.

Pointing out that the state occasionally does good things while ignoring the vast amount of horrible poo poo it does, is not a very compelling argument in favour of the state as a concept. Yes in theory if you can get police attention and they're sympathetic and don't just shoot you for being black and you can afford to take people to court and you can win against a massive racist judicial system then perhaps, hypothetically, you can make a shithead racist stop acting on it, after he had done so in an official capacity for many many years.

That Arpaio is being taken to court is not a very good point in the favour of state driven social justice when he was a sheriff for a long time before that. "State stops supporting officially sanctioned racism from one guy eventually after he does it one too many times" is not the best argument in favour of the great tendency of the state to uphold justice, you see?

so who does uphold justice in your counterexample? I assume you want to take power away from bigots in the police/state/hierarchy, how do you construct such a state?

Goa Tse-tung
Feb 11, 2008

;3

Yams Fan

it shaun posted:

I struggled through Destiny's debate with NoBullshit earlier today, & it was absolutely ridiculous

please make a video about it

well ok idc that much I just like your videos :allears:

Goa Tse-tung
Feb 11, 2008

;3

Yams Fan

nickmeister posted:

Well, Zuckerberg would probably be more competent 2 out of 3 of our most recent presidents.

wrong thread?

Goa Tse-tung
Feb 11, 2008

;3

Yams Fan

Visidan posted:

Saw this interesting lil image posted on av club

I want to invest in ContraPoints shares :eyepop:

Goa Tse-tung
Feb 11, 2008

;3

Yams Fan
Alex Nichols from that baffler article owns and is a pro-tier twitter follow imo https://twitter.com/lowenaffchen

Goa Tse-tung
Feb 11, 2008

;3

Yams Fan

Regarde Aduck posted:

Did you get bullied a lot? I hope you did.

gently caress you

Goa Tse-tung
Feb 11, 2008

;3

Yams Fan

:chloe:

Goa Tse-tung
Feb 11, 2008

;3

Yams Fan

Samovar posted:

This does make me genuinely wonder why they would associate at all with these groups. For what reason?

hatred of progressives

Goa Tse-tung
Feb 11, 2008

;3

Yams Fan

Groovelord Neato posted:

uhhh what.

(ds2 is amazing and i love how weird it is and how it's more like a side story than a proper sequel but 3 is a better game just design wise and as an actual sequel to 1.)

I think he means the lore, in that DS3 did the TFA and Rogue 1 Reference thing instead of actual good writting

"I recognized Sigmeyer and then I clapped!!!" "ANOR LONDO!" etc.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Goa Tse-tung
Feb 11, 2008

;3

Yams Fan
DS2! *click*

• Locked thread