Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
KomradeX
Oct 29, 2011

boner confessor posted:

there's all kinds of people who put all kinds of videos on youtube about all kinds of things. but when it comes to monetization one of the reliable money makers is yelling and crying about feminists. youtube has a problem with this sort of thing, as evidenced by the current blowup about the channel where some horrible parents emotionally and physically abuse their children as "pranks". in one of them the dad screams at his weeping child to stop being a pussy because it's costing him money. not exactly which advertisers want to target that demographic

I'm sorry, what the gently caress is this now?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

KomradeX
Oct 29, 2011

boner confessor posted:

the internet is pretty outraged about this. dont click this video if you dont want to see disgusting, broken adults emotionally and physically abusing their children on camera

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fvoLmsXKkYM

it doesn't have anything to do with youtube intellectualism but it does demonstrate that youtube has a problem. by cutting in content creators to ad revenue without some kind of validation of their content in place you end up creating financial incentives for all kinds of awful social behavior, such as long hate rants against women or filming yourself committing acts of child abuse

Well I'm not clicking that link, but how long before that becomes Exhibit A is taking these kids away from these assholes?

KomradeX
Oct 29, 2011

boner confessor posted:

the problem is that the parents don't seem to be aware they're committing child abuse. they were most likely raised in toxic households themselves so they see it as normal to scream at your children, accuse them of bad behavior, betray their trust, disrespect their pain, etc. as just loving rough housing. in a lot of places CPS is overwhelmed with kids who are being abused worse than this, so they triage and say "well the kid is emotionally tormented by his father for youtube ad revenue but at least he has a house, food, and isn't sexually abused" but like reddit, 4chan etc. is involved now so sick internet justice is probably going to hassle the local CPS until they do something to make it stop

and here's the tricky part. the parents in this video aren't aware of the consequences of their actions. they're not thinking "haha, i'm going to give my kid panic attacks and psychological damage for profit", they're thinking "lol epic meltdown from a fun prank" because they're such bad caregivers they're not aware of the massive power imbalance between parent and child, or the need for children to unconditionally trust the adults they depend on for survival. so what do you do when you operate a platform which allows people to unknowingly do damage to other people for profit? what responsibility does youtube have for policing and clamping down on this content, or is it acceptable free speech to film yourself physically harming children since it's not specifically illegal?

Everything about this is loving terrible. How did this become a thing? Like how did just being an rear end in a top hat to people on youtube become "pranks?" And how could anyone even think this is remotely a good idea to do to your own children, Goddamn

KomradeX
Oct 29, 2011

boner confessor posted:

there's a ton of lovely "prank" channels out there that are just fake, or are just physical abuse and assault. typically it's adults targeting other adults at least. this guy is what happens when you're an emotionally stunted manchild who has two bright ideas at the same time - i want to make money on youtube, and nobody's done extreme prank videos on children

it shouldn't suprise you that the father who is so incompetent he's doing serious psychological damage to his children is also an avid game streamer

I've seen those. I just don't understand how being an rear end in a top hat and committing assault got considered a prank. These videos are extremely unfunny and make me wish the worse on them.

God of loving course he is

KomradeX
Oct 29, 2011

boner confessor posted:

the internet is so easy to use now the 25% of humanity who are completely incompetent mouthbreathers can upload and crowdsource their own content

Maybe Youtube was a mistake

KomradeX
Oct 29, 2011

Zenithe posted:

I skipped the last 100ish pages, but surely the golden one has been discussed.

I feel like The Golden One is an outlier when it comes to public Nazis all being the worst example of the white race

KomradeX
Oct 29, 2011

Whorelord posted:

to be fair if he's a racist it's probably more due to narcissism

That is true, but doesn't explain the rest of them having no chins

KomradeX
Oct 29, 2011

PiCroft posted:

Sargon is infuriating to watch; I immensely appreciate Sean and Hbomberguy taking the time to filter his stuff through calm debunking and comedy mockery respectively.

His points are completely contradictory and he's known for saying something dumb/racist, getting called on it then directly denying he said it. I haven't watched the Kristi Winters debate yet, but I did subject myself to the torturous "debate" he did with Destiny in the aftermath of JonTron's meltdown. He blames the complex issues plaguing Black America solely on fatherless households and posited that the government should intervene somehow to encourage fathers staying with their families (which isn't a bad idea in itself). Later, when Destiny was defending free trade and globalisation with the argument that the bad effects can be offset with government intervention to redistribute the gains of globalisation and aid and retrain those who lose out, Sargon said he didn't want it cos he didn't believe the government should interfere with the free market or whatever.

Not to mention his ability to complain that the left have no perspective and whine about inconsequential stuff while moaning about feminist infiltration into Magic: The Gathering.

Anyway, I'm disappointed that TL;DR didn't make the OP as he's basically Sargon, but with 10x the smug. Sargon has some small amount of charisma I suppose; I genuinely don't get how anyone can listen to TL;DR. even when I was a listener and agreed with Sargon's brand of politics, I never managed to sit through a TL;DR video without wanting to punch something.

The problem with black fatherless households is entirely a racist creation of the US government

KomradeX
Oct 29, 2011

Low Desert Punk posted:

Rough guesstimate, how many YouTube gaming channels are out there that aren't explicitly misogynistic and racist? Every single big channel I click on takes about 2 videos before they start making TRIGGERED jokes and making fun of feminists.

The only one I really know of off the top of my head is Cinemassacre, which is probably the most sweet and pure channel on YouTube

The Sw1tcher dude's are real chill, I don't think I've ever heard them make a jokes like that and they do a ton of fighting games.

LaserTime the YouTube channel of a pop culture podcast I listen do does mostly game stuff on their YouTube and they're all San Francisco lefty types.

I've also never really heard jokes like that Neebsgaming, JackFrag, Levelcap and Matimo.

Unfortunately the two other dude's from Red Letter Media, Rich Evans and the skinny bald dude kind of cross into that area sometimes which is disappointing

KomradeX
Oct 29, 2011

WampaLord posted:

Eh, they're hardly alt right for making the occasionally edgy joke. They're definitely not an example of YouTube hatred, except towards the movie Rogue One.

Best Friends Play (aka TheSwi1tcher that was mentioned earlier) is an example of an extremely long running LP channel that has stayed funny and not descended into a bunch of screaming slurs.

Yeah they're not YouTube Hatred but it's still weird to hear. As for Rouge One, I could understand some of the criticism they gave of it but I thought it was pretty solid over all.

And yeah having just gotten into Best Friends Play, those dude's are awesome

KomradeX
Oct 29, 2011

KomradeX
Oct 29, 2011

Doctor Spaceman posted:

Looked like Hux from the new Star Wars to me.

That would be correct. It just shows that these idiots, kind of wish they could all be space fascists. Also I figured we'd all get chuckle at it

KomradeX
Oct 29, 2011

Have any of the usual suspects reacted to the Alamo Draft House doing a ladies only showing of Wonder Woman?

KomradeX
Oct 29, 2011

So not a Youtube Intellectual, but some Scottish Youtuber gets his with consequences for his actions

https://heatst.com/culture-wars/scottish-youtuber-faces-a-year-in-prison-for-teaching-nazi-trick-to-girlfriends-dog/?mod=sm_fb_ad

KomradeX
Oct 29, 2011

OwlFancier posted:

Again, being a slight annoyance isn't generally supposed to be illegal.

You've never heard of disturbing the peace? Or sound ordinances?

KomradeX
Oct 29, 2011

OwlFancier posted:

Public disturbances yes and they shouldn't carry the possibility of jail sentences.

Like the law as written literally means you could go to jail for telling someone to gently caress off on twitter.

Or it carries a fine, much like what this guy is facing. Which lets be honest he not going to jail he's going to pay a fine for being an rear end in a top hat which society has decided is perfectly acceptable, outside of the type of people who say an armed society is a polite society.

KomradeX
Oct 29, 2011

OwlFancier posted:

A minimal fine and no criminal record I might consider appropriate.

He'll pay a fine ave now have to explain to potential employers about why he was convicted of hate speech, maybe just maybe he shouldn't have been a dick and avoided all of this.

KomradeX
Oct 29, 2011

Lovechop posted:

i found that bit i was saying about

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1NjdIyo6y8Y&t=4355s

listen to sargon refuse to accept that black families could be broken up by racist laws and policies (you can't know why it happened unless you ask every single person individually!!)

The thing I've noticed with a lot of these assholes and the local skeptic/alt right guy (who has an Asian finance) I know is they refuse to deal with these issues out side of individuality and see all talking of groups in a general sense as wrong. Which how else does one deal with a society of hundreds of millions

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

KomradeX
Oct 29, 2011

Verisimilidude posted:

The ghostbusters video was good and literally just talked about the movie being awful. Made one joke about possibly being called a sexist at no ones expense except maybe crazies who would think being critical of ghostbusters means you hate women.

It's a shame that literal misogynists/altright cling to otherwise good things and taint it with their affection but even Rick and morty has a scene where they explicitly beat the poo poo out of a nazi, and various rlm people have stated on multiple occasions how awesome it is to kill nazis in movies and video games and real life.

Rich and Jack playing Wolfenstein the New Order and cackling at killing Nazis was goddamn amazing

• Locked thread