Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

NeurosisHead
Jul 22, 2007

NONONONONONONONONO

Gobbeldygook posted:

Yes it is. Jaina's first three talent picks - quest on 1, frostbolt pierce on 4, frostbolt cooldown on 7 - are pretty set in stone in most situations.

I know it's not the prevailing wisdom, but I've got a 60%+ WR with Jaina, using this build almost exclusively. No mana problems, I usually don't die more than a couple of times even without a support or tank, and I'm almost always top takedowns and/or damage. It doesn't work if you're not super careful with positioning and good at landing her combo every time, and the positioning is further rewarded with Icefury Wand letting you get blizzard back up faster in teamfights.

I'm not saying that it's a better build, or even necessarily a good build, but it works very well for me. That's one of the things that I think has always been in Jaina's favor - her kit has always been at least a little versatile for different playstyles because of all of the baked in CC.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

NeurosisHead
Jul 22, 2007

NONONONONONONONONO

Froghammer posted:

QM Varians go twin blades every game, regardless of team comp

You might get a stray colossus smash in there, let's be fair now

NeurosisHead
Jul 22, 2007

NONONONONONONONONO
I can't even handle Rexxar, let alone microing more models than that. I don't know how people manage it, but I respect the hell out of it.

NeurosisHead
Jul 22, 2007

NONONONONONONONONO

kaesarsosei posted:

Whats the TL;DR on how to counter the new hero? Both in terms of good heroes to pick, and tactics to use against her.

Log out, play a different game

NeurosisHead
Jul 22, 2007

NONONONONONONONONO

Rexicon1 posted:

I legit wonder if the overwatch pro players are slowly getting their plan b and c’s together after seeing how they just loving axed an entire esport from existence. Like, how can you trust a word these people say.

especially since they told the orgs that they weren't cancelling HGC then told them all by email not long after that they were all canned

NeurosisHead
Jul 22, 2007

NONONONONONONONONO

Dilkington posted:

Like a few others have expressed- I'm not bothered by the end of competitive HOTS (and by extension, HOTS) because I felt the game has been moving in the wrong direction for a long time. Previously I played Diamond/Master and followed the meta- now I'm only logging in to one-trick Hammer or Kale.

I do feel really, really bad for all of the players who had hung their hats on the game though. People with new apartment leases with the ink still wet that moved because of HGC, to find out with zero notice that they were unemployed. The Crucible winners who worked hard for a year, did something to be proud of, and were left in the wind. Streamers who built their livelihood on it will have no growth potential, because interest in competitive play is what sends people to youtube and streams. HotS stopped being fun for me a long time ago, but there's a community that grew which is getting the short, sharp end of a very mean stick here.

NeurosisHead
Jul 22, 2007

NONONONONONONONONO

Radish posted:

Honestly the bigger question I have is if they plan on making good mobile games or just cynically assuming the Chinese playerbase doesn't care about quality and just making GBS threads out the same generic gatcha games that have already flooded the market.

i think we all know the answer to this

NeurosisHead
Jul 22, 2007

NONONONONONONONONO

Groovelord Neato posted:

it's kinda weird you don't point out he always has his mouth open which is the bad part about him.

I was watching his stream once and he said something about that! Something to the effect of "if your jaw is clenched it's because you're tense, my mouth hangs open because I am very relaxed"

NeurosisHead
Jul 22, 2007

NONONONONONONONONO

Moola posted:

They already did Sylvannas too

still salty they ruined her kit

this made me lol

Playing against good players is hard so we made this character's incredibly high skill cap less impactful since most of you are garbage idiots anyway

NeurosisHead
Jul 22, 2007

NONONONONONONONONO

Elysium posted:

All I know is as soon as they rolled back the QM changes my win rate went up to like 75%. I cleared 5 straight board game quests in 5 games because I MVPed all of them.

Did they keep the changes to structure EXP and only roll back the matchmaking changes? I thought the intent of the EXP changes was to "stop" snowball poo poo stomp games. What's the point if the lovely matchmaking still makes that happen, just over 25 minutes instead of 12?

NeurosisHead
Jul 22, 2007

NONONONONONONONONO

The inability to spend money directly on what I want is a big thing for me. Before gems I bought basically any hero that struck my fancy directly. After gems I think the only time I spent cash on gems was for stimpacks, and I only owned a little over half of the roster.

NeurosisHead
Jul 22, 2007

NONONONONONONONONO

Schneider Inside Her posted:

Definitely don’t spend any money on products you enjoy

I'm not confident that anyone actually enjoys this game anymore

NeurosisHead
Jul 22, 2007

NONONONONONONONONO

Cuntellectual posted:

They're not selling loot boxes anymore lol

:rip:

Wait, for real? I also haven't played since they rung the funeral bells, but the only reason to de-monetize the game is to avoid the poo poo-storm of people who have been spending money throwing a fit when you take it offline.

NeurosisHead
Jul 22, 2007

NONONONONONONONONO

Biplane posted:

Looks like hes been a sex creep sliding into dm’s. Tale as old as time

Yeah, several of the old Squadron and Squadron adjacent ladies came forward on Twitter about it over the weekend.

NeurosisHead
Jul 22, 2007

NONONONONONONONONO

No Wave posted:

are they funny like kephrii's or just gross?

It doesn't seem to be like, dick pics or whatever. Just a lot of the Nice Guy "sexualizing women with whom I have a platonic relationship and telling them how hot they are when I'm drunk" move. It's gross and creepy. A lot of Twitter seems to care more that he has a girlfriend than that he ignores the contextual boundaries of his relationships with women that he's friends with, which is disappointing but not surprising.

NeurosisHead
Jul 22, 2007

NONONONONONONONONO

appropriatemetaphor posted:

So just typical nerd dude stuff.

Basically and sadly, yes. I don't want to use equivocating language to describe it because any time you make a person feel uncomfortable with unwanted advances you've done something gross and bad. But not understanding the difference between a woman being a friend or peer and a woman who is interested in more physical or emotional intimacy is pretty par for the course for the demographic.

NeurosisHead
Jul 22, 2007

NONONONONONONONONO
I decided to try playing this game again because there's something wrong with my brain, and in a dozen games every single one of them ended with one team up by 3 levels and all of their buildings up. In ranked and QM. Is that the new normal for post HGC HotS?

NeurosisHead
Jul 22, 2007

NONONONONONONONONO

Isn't that just called winning/losing? I have plenty of pretty close nail biters.

If there had been a single close game in there, sure. I'm glad that it's still possible though, even if I didn't experience it.

NeurosisHead
Jul 22, 2007

NONONONONONONONONO
I stopped playing because the match quality dropped through the floor when everyone who has fun by trying hard and being competitive left. I guess I hoped some of them might have come back, but that does not seem to be the case. Oh well!

NeurosisHead
Jul 22, 2007

NONONONONONONONONO

They should make a new nexus hero called like mobilito macmultipleescapes

that's the overwatch tank, obvs

NeurosisHead
Jul 22, 2007

NONONONONONONONONO

beejay posted:

I haven’t played this game in a long time, did they add a ton of structures or something?

Having just recently started playing again, kind of, they certainly did not. Maybe they're conflating towers with forts or something?

NeurosisHead
Jul 22, 2007

NONONONONONONONONO
I'm glad this game is only a 15 gb install. I reinstall when a season starts, realize nothing has changed and the people who play this in ranked are loving retarded still and uninstall. You'd think I would have stopped bothering by now but nope.

NeurosisHead
Jul 22, 2007

NONONONONONONONONO

blastron posted:

You might want to play with people who are not random pubbies with no mics. Have you tried the goon Discord in the OP?

If the only way to find players in ranked who can breathe without swallowing their own tongues is to dredge them up from a discord server and curate my own group of players, it's a trash game with bad players.

NeurosisHead
Jul 22, 2007

NONONONONONONONONO

Mierenneuker posted:

There was a similar thing with Orphea’s Eternal Feast originally. I guess that bug was not enough to make the playtesting checklist.

lmao playtesting

NeurosisHead
Jul 22, 2007

NONONONONONONONONO

yr new gurlfrand! posted:

Most of the heroes were more fun to play before the overwatch heroes were released

With the very rare exception of when a Genji zips into an ult that you meant for someone else and gets himself obliterated, yes. That incredibly rare occurrence is the only joy those characters bring to the game

NeurosisHead
Jul 22, 2007

NONONONONONONONONO
I'm trying to think of an upside to the EXP globe thing. I guess since you have to get within AA range of an enemy inside of their minion wave to absorb the EXP from killing that wave you'll have more brawling in lane? If you manage to kill your lane opponent and no one rotates to replace them they likely won't make it back in time to get the EXP from that wave, but it's already like that so there's nothing new tactically from that. All I can really come up with is that by making picking up EXP a thing that requires active engagement you might actually get some of the morons in QM to soak some loving EXP finally.

NeurosisHead
Jul 22, 2007

NONONONONONONONONO

McTimmy posted:

Getting the final hit always gave EXP, just outside of rare exceptions people weren't gonna notice it. Abathur could have theoretically soaked three lanes using mines.

It hasn't since the experience globe addition. I've definitely cleared a wave with Jaina and gained no experience until the globes drifted over and were picked up.

NeurosisHead
Jul 22, 2007

NONONONONONONONONO

Macaluso posted:

I mean... I would play again if I could play as like Rapunzel

that could be a cool qhira skin

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

NeurosisHead
Jul 22, 2007

NONONONONONONONONO
I have to admit I am cautiously optimistic about Microsoft maybe sending some development dollars back to HotS. It's the only MOBA I've ever actually enjoyed playing.