Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

SirSamVimes
Jul 21, 2008

~* Challenge *~

Is it just me, or do random voice lines in the game not happen any more? Do we only get the purchased ones now?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SirSamVimes
Jul 21, 2008

~* Challenge *~

Polio Vax Scene posted:

Is there any info about D.Va besides that its D.Va and she has a Cop skin?

e: Also from the wording of what the guy said, the skin is in Overwatch and not in Heroes?

Speaking of, is there any screenshots of the cop skin?

SirSamVimes
Jul 21, 2008

~* Challenge *~

Beacon of Light makes Uther really really hard to kill, dang.

SirSamVimes
Jul 21, 2008

~* Challenge *~

Emojis are the most important drop hth.

SirSamVimes
Jul 21, 2008

~* Challenge *~

1stGear posted:

I left out chu8 because he's also doing the Tryhard For Good thing and Horsepants got caught in my reckless backspacing. They're both back in. Also fixed the error with the HL and TL requirements.

If you have an announcer, does that override Li Ming calling her own killstreaks? I love the BW and Li Li announcers, but I couldn't bear losing the Sassiest Wizard sassing out of control.

If D.va doesn't call out her own killstreaks I'm gonna be real mad

SirSamVimes
Jul 21, 2008

~* Challenge *~

1982 Subaru Brat posted:

Auriel with this build is fp/ban tier IMO. Nearly as much damage as a carry, top everybody off nearly on cooldown and every teamfight is 6v5. So please don't tell everyone and get it nerfed okay guys?

http://www.heroesfire.com/hots/talent-calculator/auriel#l50q

I've been having fun with this one, myself.

SirSamVimes
Jul 21, 2008

~* Challenge *~

He also deals a pretty solid amount of damage in general.

SirSamVimes
Jul 21, 2008

~* Challenge *~

chumbler posted:

Alarak is fun but boy howdy does he have some boring rear end talents.

Yeah but that voice. :allears:

SirSamVimes
Jul 21, 2008

~* Challenge *~

Poultron posted:

I really really do not like playing assassins (as I've whined about before) but I am at least enjoying my Bot Match Ride To Level 5 with Alarak for this reason. I just want him to scoop me up and take me away while he berates me for my healing

I want an Alarak announcer pack so he can verbally abuse me no matter who I play.

SirSamVimes
Jul 21, 2008

~* Challenge *~

Warden Tyrande, Betrayer Malfurion, Shan'do Illidan and Sentinel Lunara are all part of the same timeline I believe.

SirSamVimes
Jul 21, 2008

~* Challenge *~

"The Warmasters serve as the unbreakable front line of Lei Shen's Grand Army. Once the Kaldorei are broken before him, the Well of Eternity will belong to the Thunder King forever."

GIVE US LEI SHEN GOD DAMMIT.

SirSamVimes
Jul 21, 2008

~* Challenge *~

chumbler posted:

There are already too many pandas.

Panda?

SirSamVimes
Jul 21, 2008

~* Challenge *~

Yes, I was just replying to someone who seemed to think Lei Shen was a panda.

SirSamVimes
Jul 21, 2008

~* Challenge *~

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Q51B6M70QBs

seriously just add him to the game already

SirSamVimes
Jul 21, 2008

~* Challenge *~

Kai Tave posted:

I feel like this is the talent you should be taking 99% of the time anyway.

I usually go with the fury talent, that gives a pretty huge amount of value.

SirSamVimes
Jul 21, 2008

~* Challenge *~

Garrosh Hellscream. Lei Shen.

The Lich King. No, not the one we have, the REAL one. Ner'zhul. Your team's core gets replaced by the Frozen Throne.

SirSamVimes
Jul 21, 2008

~* Challenge *~

Minrad posted:

80% winrate guldan here: horrify is bad, take RoD almost always

Can you explain why?

SirSamVimes
Jul 21, 2008

~* Challenge *~

teagone posted:

:gonk: What is this horseshit?!

I fail to see the problem, he looks neat.

SirSamVimes
Jul 21, 2008

~* Challenge *~

Kai Tave posted:

Was Lucio really nerfed that hard? His passive trickle healing went down but not his amp heal, the only talent he lost was the one where his knockback blinded, and he still has access to Rejuvenescência which is a pretty significant heal boosting talent.

I mean it was a 1/3 cut to his passive trickle which seems pretty hefty.

SirSamVimes
Jul 21, 2008

~* Challenge *~

Lemon-Lime posted:

He is. Multirole heroes are a glaring loving mistake and they need to make Varian a warrior who picks between tank and bruiser instead. This is trivial to do, so look forward to them finally doing it in 1-2 years.

Why?

SirSamVimes
Jul 21, 2008

~* Challenge *~

Avalerion posted:

Matchmaking keeps setting up varian and 4 assassins against 5 assassins, so if he specs taunt the first team suddenly has a tank, putting the tankless team at serious disadvantage.

That's a problem with QM's matchmaking, not a problem with Varian's design.

SirSamVimes
Jul 21, 2008

~* Challenge *~

I see the words "I main carry and split push" and my heart sinks.

SirSamVimes
Jul 21, 2008

~* Challenge *~

Kyrosiris posted:

Because it's a dumb and lovely meme at this point.

How is wanting to play a sassy lich a "dumb and lovely meme"?

SirSamVimes
Jul 21, 2008

~* Challenge *~

Shadowlyger posted:

It's actually kind of not, because you don't get any of Gall's abilities.

You still get a really beefy body who melees like a truck.

SirSamVimes
Jul 21, 2008

~* Challenge *~

Ooklimnoz posted:

Speaking of Kel'Thuzad, how do you guys feel about posting hero concepts in this thread? I recently wrote a really long concept for Kel'Thuzad and would love some feedback!

https://us.battle.net/forums/en/heroes/topic/20754895514

Becoming even stronger in death and Phylactery lasting six seconds feels like it would be way too strong. They specifically nerfed Uther's ability to perform after his death, and even before the nerf his abilities all did half damage/healing.

Edit: I really love the change they made to Snipe Master, holding on to stacks feels a lot easier now that they can't be removed by a stray beetle or ghoul. Also, it's great to be able to actually use my 1k damage snipes on objectives and use the 500 damage aoe to clear waves.

SirSamVimes fucked around with this message at 11:21 on May 15, 2017

SirSamVimes
Jul 21, 2008

~* Challenge *~

DAD LOST MY IPOD posted:

Leo needs a rework and part of that is hardened bones and buried alive baseline.

Buried Alive is worthless, why does it need to be baseline?

p-hop posted:

Yeah besides the fact that Tazdingo is safer and lets you poo poo out more damage, the aiming vector and casting animations for guillotine are just bad. Like Valla's ult though, it's just the right shape to drop inside a tomb. Feels good to turn Jaina into chunky marinara instantly.

His level 1 Q talent isn't bad if your team comp is hosed / you have a really lovely lane. The later Q talents don't feel like they're worth it ever. His AA boosts are just too good not to get.

The Q talent that gives increased charges of the debuff and CDR on hit is good too. Pretty massive uptime increase.

SirSamVimes
Jul 21, 2008

~* Challenge *~

DAD LOST MY IPOD posted:

i want my favorite skelefriend buffed and i want a real upgrade on level 20 now that entomb is the Good Ult

There is a real upgrade on 20. It's called Spectral Leech.

SirSamVimes
Jul 21, 2008

~* Challenge *~

yes, mage build zul'jin. it is my fault that you didn't get MVP :allears:

SirSamVimes
Jul 21, 2008

~* Challenge *~

Mind over Matter posted:

I played W build Zul earlier because it was QM and the enemy team had both Cassia and Li Li on it. We won (I think, my memory is poo poo) and I honestly did better than I thought I would with the spinny axes, but it still seems far, far from ideal in most situations.

And I still took Taz.

If it was qm I wouldn't care.

SirSamVimes
Jul 21, 2008

~* Challenge *~

When you're worried about being bursted down as a squishy Valla and you want to be a bit beefier.

SirSamVimes
Jul 21, 2008

~* Challenge *~

Turtlicious posted:

I just realized your not elMateen

lmao.

lmao if you think the person blaming the tank for not getting mvp and rage whispering me after the game looks good in that

SirSamVimes
Jul 21, 2008

~* Challenge *~

Murky is a Good Hero.

SirSamVimes
Jul 21, 2008

~* Challenge *~

Libertine posted:

D.Va not being classified as a tank for some bizarre reason is making some really bad QMs

Why would she be classified as a tank? She's not.

SirSamVimes
Jul 21, 2008

~* Challenge *~

BrianBoitano posted:

Friendly PSA that Stars & Stripes Raynor is only 100 freaking shards

Grunty Murky is 400 but still worth

Also friendly PSA that God-King Leoric is only 100 shards.

SirSamVimes
Jul 21, 2008

~* Challenge *~

If you can force a teamfight in your March, it deals insane damage.

SirSamVimes
Jul 21, 2008

~* Challenge *~

Anub'arak, probably. Two stuns and a cocoon

SirSamVimes
Jul 21, 2008

~* Challenge *~

Jinh posted:

Wait so does hots actually try to put support players into every game even in qp? I figured it was just totally random characters, in a lot of my games there isn't a character on either team who could remotely identify as a support. It's all illidans all the way down.

It tries to put groups with support against other groups with support.

SirSamVimes
Jul 21, 2008

~* Challenge *~

Fumaofthelake posted:

What's the difference between a bully and a pusher? Bully and tank?

Pusher = someone who can put perssure on the lane itself by quickly aoeing creep waves or creating pushing summons.

Bully = someone who puts pressure on your lane opponent, usually with a lot of poke damage.

SirSamVimes
Jul 21, 2008

~* Challenge *~

Bogart posted:

el pescado demonio

Bully: someone who can place pressure on a lane, dispatching enemy minion waves and disallowing the other team much time to stay in the no man's land between towers. Zagara is a lane bully. Thanks to its skillset and abilities, it can usually overwhelm a lane 1v1 and force the opposing hero to play defensively.

Pusher: someone with the capability to 'push' down the enemy lane, usually by wont of a superior PVE ability. Sgt. Hammer and Sylvanas are pushers, in that they can either attack the enemy towers from range or temporarily render enemy towers / minions stunned.

Tank: someone who dies in the beginning of a team fight gg leoric sucked someone with a great deal of health or self-sustaining ability able to soak up damage and disrupt the enemy team while your team capitalizes on the crowd control abilities you (should) have to win a team fight. Johanna is a tank thanks to her AoE stun, slow, and blind, as well as her trait.

Zagara is both a bully AND a pusher.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SirSamVimes
Jul 21, 2008

~* Challenge *~

Macaluso posted:

Murky is good

And therefore, HotS is good.