Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Olaf The Stout
Oct 16, 2009

FORUMS NO.1 SLEEPY DAWGS MEMESTER

Froghammer posted:

Had my first solo lane against new Sonya as Zagara and good god it did not go well for me. Is there anything that counters Sonya or is she first ban material again?

I watched a minor-league game today while doing housechores with grubby commentating, and one team first-picked sonya and banned Tychus, saying that tychus is a good counter to her. I don't know how that truly plays out at my gold/plat level, but grubby declared it a wise ban.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Olaf The Stout
Oct 16, 2009

Let's look at a crash lightning play.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JACWwC1gmmA&t=91s

Olaf The Stout
Oct 16, 2009

Kai Tave posted:

Twin Blades can actually accomplish things, though.

Like Dragonstrike might arguably be one of the worst ults in the game. Hyperion and Rain of Destruction are better. Purifier Beam is better. Maybe Furnace Blast is on the same level, but that's about all I can think of off the top of my head.

Not saying it's a great ult, but a friend and I duo-queue Butcher and Diablo when we want to clean up, and a brutal Apoc+Q+E initiate comboed with furnace blast has won us a fair amount of games. Even then he takes Lamb far more often, but god drat is it fun to see how mighty hell can be.

Olaf The Stout
Oct 16, 2009

Kalko posted:

I wish. I would play it over QM all the time but it simply doesn't pop in Australia. Ever.

There was a pro player from Australia that queued for 24 hours, and only got a game after he made a reddit thread about it, causing a bunch of other Australians to also queue.

Olaf The Stout
Oct 16, 2009

The much slower hero release schedule coupled with the news that a bunch of developers have been shifted off this game to work on overwatch killed most of my desire to play. Most of my friends haven't logged in in weeks. poo poo I haven't played in weeks, not sure why I still follow this thread.

Olaf The Stout
Oct 16, 2009

W.T. Fits posted:

69/77, scored 90%. Blanked out on Chromie, E.T.C., Garrosh, Kel'thuzad, Leoric, Lunara, Medivh and Stitches.

Still, not bad given that I haven't been playing this for like the last seven months or so. Though I am annoyed that I forgot Leoric and Stitches, given that I've actually gotten them to level 15.

This is like me. Why do I follow this thread in a game I uninstalled over a month ago, and haven't logged into in over 3 months? No idea! Maybe I just miss how the game used to be 2 years ago, when I could spam TLV into QM all day and have a 70% winrate with them. No other videogame played like TLV did then, and now they're pale shadows of their former selves, and blizzard wishes they were even less.

Olaf The Stout
Oct 16, 2009

Orthodox Rabbit posted:

I could get behind the idea of a smelly dwarf version of a zergling swarm.

I always loved this idea until someone pointed out the quest stack dilemma. I already get excited stacking off Samuro, a six-zergling pile of a hero would complete convection in less than a minute.

Olaf The Stout
Oct 16, 2009

Midnightghoul posted:

The problem is they completely shifted their design of heroes where before one hero did something really well but had a significant trade off. The popular heroes now, most of them being newer heroes, have practically no trade off.

This may be one of the least balanced moments in the game, if you take into the account the gigantic gap between the worst and best heroes right now

That's a good point. I wonder how much of a shift moving the old game director, duston browder, off this game onto the overwatch team had on the overall design philosophy of heroes. That's about the time heroes started getting reworked for quests and a lot of the more out-there hero designs got reigned in and squished into more generic fits. There is definitely a different philosophy to designing modern heroes than there was during the first 40 or so.

Olaf The Stout
Oct 16, 2009

Kerrzhe posted:

:confused:

why wouldn't they be put together?

Nova and abathur on the same team is a series laning presence vacuum, as both are about as unoptimal as you can get for holding a lane by themselves.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Olaf The Stout
Oct 16, 2009

Kerrzhe posted:

i didn't come here to fuckin read

Somewhere, a bald eagle cries a single tear.