Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Kyrosiris
May 24, 2006

You try to be happy when everyone is summoning you everywhere to "be their friend".

This new brawl owns, btw.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kyrosiris
May 24, 2006

You try to be happy when everyone is summoning you everywhere to "be their friend".

All Tracer on Hanamura, you start at level 10, and it's accelerated (4x core damage from payloads and 4x core health, but every kill on an enemy also does one core damage). Pretty fun, lots of skirmishing and poo poo.

Kyrosiris
May 24, 2006

This was a hero-specific (Nazeebo) box! :vince:

Kyrosiris
May 24, 2006

SKULL.GIF posted:

A hypothetical map veto would probably work the same way it does in Rocket League: you only get to veto at most a few maps.

Yeah, like, WoW has 11 battlegrounds and you only get to veto two.

Kyrosiris
May 24, 2006

Fuuuuuck Auriel is so much fun. Sniping low-health Valeera with my heal as she tries to bail is so loving satisfying. How's that hope taste, bitch? :getin:

Kyrosiris
May 24, 2006

Tsurupettan posted:

i liked auriel before, but i like her even more now. and her new skin is great. also loot crates and more incremental progression is tickling my lizard brain better than before.

also i got a spray of lili sipping tea like the kermit meme.

Yeah, seriously, Auriel is dope as gently caress now. Played with some friends in a 5-stack as Varian/Johanna/Auriel/Malf/Greymane and just slaughtered.

Kyrosiris
May 24, 2006

Macaluso posted:

edit2: Since Genji is 750 gems, is it safe to assume D.Va will be as well? I have the 1000 right now and plan on getting her the day she comes out

Yeah, IIRC new heroes were always $10 when they came out, and that's 750 gems in the 2.0 paradigm. I'm saving my 1000 gems for her as well.

Kyrosiris
May 24, 2006

I mean, that's better than the 5-assassin deathmatch nonsense that usually gets bitched about. Yeah, it's triple support, but all three supports are pretty good damage too, and Arthas is a sufficient frontliner.

Kyrosiris
May 24, 2006

IcePhoenix posted:

It's good for practicing new stuff like it's ranked but without the pressure of it being ranked. Not exactly the same thing but when I used to play dota if I was in ranked I felt like I needed to stick to the things I know because if I gently caress up it's not just my ranking that goes down but my whole team's. In unranked that's not there.

Similarly, it allows you to practice drafting and poo poo before you have enough heroes for ranked, which was an issue for me for ages.

Kyrosiris
May 24, 2006

Zaodai posted:

Yeah, if you already have all your bases covered either pick the one that has the most champions you don't own (best value) or the one that has the most champions you want to play (FUN VALUE).

Yeah, I snagged the Assassin one because I'd already been looking at buying either Gul'dan or Valla with gold, so when the pack was like "hey, you can have both of those, plus some other stuff", I was sold. :v:

Kyrosiris
May 24, 2006

Zaodai posted:

Gul'Steve is the most fun I've had in this game, full stop. No other champion is even close. A shame he only has one ultimate, but it's actually a pretty good one. I don't know if the build I run is even "good" but man is it fun.

Is the quest that makes Corruption bounce back 3 additional times the best level 1 talent? I always run that, improved Life Tap, healthstone, that one that makes Fel Flame lower corruption cooldown, and the bonus damage for each hit corruption lands, and the Horrify talent that makes it reduce armor.

I tend to go between Corruption build like you describe and Fel Flame build. Really depends on if my team needs waveclear or not.

Kyrosiris
May 24, 2006

Orthodox Rabbit posted:

The Gazlowe Announcer is not only real good but its made me miss less talent picks during a fight because whenever you hit a talent level gazlowe yells HEY PICK A TALENT

The best part is being a DoT hero and walking away from a fight and then "TWO FOR ONE SALE!". Gazlowe announcer owns, it'll hold me over just fine until I get Brightwing announcer.

Kyrosiris
May 24, 2006

BrianBoitano posted:

His durability is hard to predict. For the first 25% of his health, his HP bar falls dramatically so it's easy (for sub-Plat players) to miscalculate how easily they can take him down. Attack the "low" HP Artanis! He's almost dead!

I do this all the loving time, and it's been one of the biggest holes in my game that I'm trying to fix. :argh:

Kyrosiris
May 24, 2006

DAD LOST MY IPOD posted:

God drat I wish Blizz would loving ban these people

I mean, with as many cases of "I didn't do anything wrong but I got suspended" "actually here's chatlogs where we censored the racial slurs" as we see on the forums/on reddit, I'm pretty sure they will be if BrianBoitano reported them. :shrug:

Kyrosiris
May 24, 2006

Yo holy gently caress, reworked Uther is fun as poo poo and an absolute house. Stunning a Malf that bolted into our team to Dream us and bashing his face in was even better. :getin:

Kyrosiris
May 24, 2006

DAD LOST MY IPOD posted:

nope, i actually came here to bitch about this, because i just had three games in a row with varian on one team and no tank on the other, and he went shield build and absolutely crushed us with no counterplay possible all three times

gently caress varian. if you queue in QM with him and the other team has no warrior shield should be greyed out

Even without taking Taunt at 10, he's still a hard to kill son of a bitch if he just goes parry talents at 1/4/7. Had a QM match where we got blown the gently caress up by a Colossus Smash Varian who went all in on parry poo poo pre-10 and then just deleted people.

Kyrosiris
May 24, 2006

Kai Tave posted:

Why doesn't the matchmaker just have Varian count as a warrior/tank/whatever? Seems weird that it doesn't.

Because then the flip side is "my team with a varian got matched up with a team with a real warrior, and he took damage talents and twin blades of fury". It's a really difficult thing to fix.

Kyrosiris
May 24, 2006

Rerolled a common chest with four commons, got the Rainbow Unicorn mount and a Tassadar skin. System works. :D

Kyrosiris
May 24, 2006

Kai Tave posted:

Li-Ming vs. Chromie is a heck of a fight.

As someone on the Chromie side of this all the time, it's so fun. Trying to out-think her multiple steps ahead, etc.

Kyrosiris
May 24, 2006

Bruceski posted:

Is the event "play with people on your friends list" or can I just use the group finder?

For the Nexus Challenge? Yes, it needs to be someone on your friends list.

Kyrosiris
May 24, 2006

Macaluso posted:

Got one of Gazlowe's clown skins in a box!! Watch out fools, the circus is coming to town :getin:

Jealous, that and Knight Owl Medivh are two of the skins I've been hoping to get out of boxes, but no luck yet.

Kyrosiris
May 24, 2006

Horrify's fear isn't unpredictable, though.

Kyrosiris
May 24, 2006

Orthodox Rabbit posted:

I had an all murky game during the first punisher brawl. It was a madhouse and I haven't had a brawl as good as it since.

I had that one as all Valeera. It was also a laugh riot.

Kyrosiris
May 24, 2006

Rygar201 posted:

If I like Li-Ming in this game, and Lux in league, will I like Chromie? She looks like a similar Land All Your Skillshots for Big Burst hero

She's kinda similar to Li-Ming, but with both extreme ends even moreso. If the enemy team has no cleanse you can absolutely delete people from existence with a R->W->Q combo, but you have to play even safer than you do on Li-Ming because your only escape are your time traps. Her teamfight and burst potential is bonkers, especially if you stay safe and shell from afar.

Kyrosiris
May 24, 2006

BrianBoitano posted:

Chromie talk: I love going Q build. Level 1614 CDR and level 20 18 double shots mean the enemy team can't win drawn-out fights. Since Q distance is farther than W distance, it's a safer build too.

I feel like Timewalker's Pursuit at 1 is almost required no matter what angle you go. Mana regen and spell power and vision? Sign me up.

Kyrosiris
May 24, 2006

Holy lol, just got all-Hammer during the Hanamura brawl. Felt like I was playing an old-school brood war TvT.

Kyrosiris
May 24, 2006

I just want a random option. Let me randomize a skin and mount and spray. :(

Kyrosiris
May 24, 2006

chumbler posted:

But then you have no guarantee of color coordination, and that is not acceptable.

I already have properly coordinated loadouts; I just also want to be able to play Chromie Roulette.

Kyrosiris
May 24, 2006

Kai Tave posted:

I wouldn't be surprised if more announcers get rolled out alongside skins and mounts as the hot new chase cosmetic of choice.

I really hope so. I also hope they get cycled in as featured items buyable with gems.

Kyrosiris
May 24, 2006

p-hop posted:

patch notes:
-Valeera, Zeratul, and Nova are no longer available in Quick Match mode

As a Chromie player I'm okay with this.

Kyrosiris
May 24, 2006

exquisite tea posted:

:siren: D.VA WILL ALSO HAVE AN ANNOUNCER PACK :siren:

It's going to be 1600 shards and I am going to want to off myself.

E: Well it's 400 on PTR but so was Brightwing and Abathur, so...

Kyrosiris fucked around with this message at 19:37 on May 8, 2017

Kyrosiris
May 24, 2006

Honestly I am thinking about buying the Welcome Bundle if it's affordable. 800 gems would be enough for me to buy the D.va bundle too. :v:

Kyrosiris
May 24, 2006

BrianBoitano posted:

D.Va's defense matrix sounds so satisfying. Just *plink plink* tee-hee that tickles.

Yeah, all the sound effects of her stuff is really satisfying/accurate to Overwatch.

Kyrosiris
May 24, 2006

Polio Vax Scene posted:

Miffed there isn't a D.Va skin where she has cheeto dust on her face

One of her emojis does.

Kyrosiris
May 24, 2006

ToastyPotato posted:

Yeah Tomb is definitely my fav as well. I do really like BHB as well though, mostly because of the central objective point. Battlefield is also fun for the central objective.

BHB would be my seventh pick if I had to pick seven instead of six. (My six were Tomb, Braxis, Towers, Battlefield, Sky, and Shrines)

Kyrosiris
May 24, 2006

quite stretched out posted:

it would be nice if announcer was just a profile setting instead of per-hero. i unboxed a few announcers but havent listened to any of them yet because i keep forgetting to change it

Yeah, there needs to be universal defaults for banner/spray/announcer, and per-hero loadouts can change those or just use default.

Kyrosiris
May 24, 2006

Soooo, just had a game of Braxis where the enemy team (5-stack) tried to all in push top from the start of the match.

Unfortunately for them we had a Xul and a Jaina and did it faster in bot lane while I harried them at top. That was loving weird.

Kyrosiris
May 24, 2006

Rygar201 posted:

I like the Dragon's Breath talents personally. She hits like a loving train when you land them

Yeah, I played with my friends in a 5-stack and having Johanna and Zarya to basically say "nope, you stand here now" while I rain death from half a screen away was awesome. :iia:

Kyrosiris
May 24, 2006

This brawl sure is something.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kyrosiris
May 24, 2006

Zarya/Varian/Auriel/Valla/Murky vs Genji/Anub/Malf/Abathur/Xul on Sky Temple.

This is gonna be a laugh riot.