Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Kyrosiris
May 24, 2006

You try to be happy when everyone is summoning you everywhere to "be their friend".

SKULL.GIF posted:

I can't tell which team you think is unfairly advantaged.

I didn't think there was anything unfair about it (though the Genji team ended up winning - this is HGC stuff) but it was funny as poo poo to watch.

Double Genji. :iia:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kyrosiris
May 24, 2006

You try to be happy when everyone is summoning you everywhere to "be their friend".

Luminous Cow posted:

Why do people want kel'thuzad so bad?

Because it's a dumb and lovely meme at this point.

Kyrosiris
May 24, 2006

bamhand posted:

I loved Uther as a support pre patch and he hasn't quite caught on yet at plat so I'm hammer dudes all day.

I went full-on melee and stun build for the first time yesterday and jesus is it effective.

Kyrosiris
May 24, 2006

Holy gently caress new Tyrande is awesome. The stun talent is ridiculous once you finish it, the range is like a full screen away. I went Lunar Blaze/Moonlit Arrows/Trueshot Aura/Shadowstalk/Harsh Moonlight/Mark of Mending/Iceblade Arrows, and it owned.

Kyrosiris
May 24, 2006

bamhand posted:

Is Tyrande bugged? I took her level 1 E and received the W talent as well.

Owl has a built-in quest; the Owl quest on level 1 is for more damage based on how far you hit it from.

Kyrosiris
May 24, 2006

Welp, def. getting the five-stack of wow guildies together and hopefully getting them to knock out placements at least.

Kyrosiris
May 24, 2006

yr new gurlfrand! posted:

Do you get that for placing or does one need to at least place in platinum/diamond HL or TL?

For HL you need platinum or better; for Team League you just need to finish placements.

Kyrosiris
May 24, 2006

frakeaing HAMSTER DANCE posted:

Wait, seriously? I can just grab any 4 randos and if we play 10 games we all get a raptor?

Yep, the basic raptor gets handed out all the way down to Bronze for Team League.

The Epic one (with the face armor) requires Master in either league though.

Kyrosiris
May 24, 2006

Primetime posted:

Do the season rewards stack between the league's at the end of the season?

I did my hero league placements and got gold 1 (and 75% of the way to plat 5). If the site I looked at is correct I should get something like 1k gold and no mount. If I play team league and get gold do I get the mount and 2k gold (1k for TL, 1k for HL) or just the better of the two?

That I have no idea. I think you get both?

Kyrosiris
May 24, 2006

wiegieman posted:

D.va is actually really good at pouncing on really low health targets trying to disengage. Boosters are incredible for getting around in a hurry, and the slowing defense matrix can keep them from escaping from your team.

Yeah, I've had to play a lot more carefully when playing Valla or Chromie because a good D.Va will pounce on me and punish positioning mistakes like whoa.

Kyrosiris
May 24, 2006

Dota 2 has proven beyond a shadow of a doubt that you can completely monetize a f2p game with hats alone, so there is literally no justification anymore for having to buy heroes at all.

Kyrosiris
May 24, 2006

Blackheart's is okay but gently caress Garden of Terror forever.

Also Braxis is good.

Kyrosiris
May 24, 2006

The best Abathur hunting is when you're Chromie with Timewalker's Pursuit and you get A Hunch and there he is! (and then you W him for 150% of his HP)

bamhand posted:

HotS heroes have titles too. I just don't think anyone uses them. Except maybe for medic and monk.

This poo poo pisses me off and I can't put my finger on why.

Kyrosiris
May 24, 2006

Semper Fudge posted:

Hero of your choice + 7-day stimpack, 3 lootboxes w/ one guaranteeing an epic and another guaranteeing a hero?

Yeah it's a fairly reasonable deal for 5 bucks.

Wait, it's only five bucks? Holy poo poo, that's a great deal.

Kyrosiris
May 24, 2006

Libertine posted:

It's because they aren't iconic characters they are generic ones that had identities ascribed to them for the purpose of being a hots character. They are literally just the medic unit from SC and the monk character from diablo.

No, I'm saying people who call them "medic" and "monk" piss me off.

Kyrosiris
May 24, 2006

Poultron posted:

Feel free to take this with a grain of salt seeing as I've said before I really don't like D.Va as a character, but hearing it on Grubby's stream at one point it's quite boring. I didn't really hear many unique/funny/cool lines at all (not by opinion, I mean it was just all standard stuff).

As someone who does like D.va as a character and slam-crafted it day one, I actually kinda regret it. I'm kinda migrating back to Gazlowe on most heroes, tbh.

Kyrosiris
May 24, 2006

Carados posted:

Hots announcers are so much worse than Dota announcers I hope they get better as time goes on

Hopefully Alarak announcer will stand up to the paragon of withering disapproval, GLaDOS.

Kyrosiris
May 24, 2006

That's part of why I don't play draft modes - every time I've tried to play a warrior, it's gone horribly, so I avoid scenarios where I might end up as one. :v:

Kyrosiris
May 24, 2006

frakeaing HAMSTER DANCE posted:

Generally if you upfront say "hey guys I am bad at <x> role, people will listen and work around that. The situation we're discussing is not that

Yeah, but the situations where it doesn't are awful. Kinda like my first HL game. :v:

I'm a very, very bad Diablo.

Kyrosiris
May 24, 2006

Kashuno posted:

Good news it's called shadowstalk

Opening up on a loser with a stun and mark is awesome.

Kyrosiris
May 24, 2006

Midnightghoul posted:

The launcher now has an image of 3 candles lit in a stone room. It's either Deckard Cain or a kobold

hoping for this frankly

Kyrosiris
May 24, 2006

Maybe he'll be more interesting in practice/while playing him, but he seems kinda boring from the skill descriptions.

Also Last Rites sounds basically like Reaper's Scythe.

Kyrosiris
May 24, 2006

Honestly depending on the range, I think Last Rites will be the better ult. Being able to put a two-second "heal or die" sentence on anyone under 33% seems good.

Kyrosiris
May 24, 2006

bamhand posted:

Keep in mind it's not just heal or die if you're under 33%, it's a 50% damage (and healing) amp for those 2 seconds. In addition to whatever health they were missing prior to the cast.

Huh, that's not indicated anywhere.

Kyrosiris
May 24, 2006

bio347 posted:

Well, it's just a function of the ability. "Take 50% of your missing health in damage" means that any damage done (after it's applied but before it goes off) is effectively boosted by 50% because it counts toward "missing health".

Oh, right, I getcha. An effective amp, not an actual amp.

Kyrosiris
May 24, 2006

Bogart posted:

But the better ult for Chromie is Shifting Sands, isn't it? Insert on choke/shrine/fort space between towers, taps, and forts, shoot sands, get kills.

If they have cleanse yeah; if no cleanse, then ehhhh, I can go either way, especially if there's someone that Needs To Get Deleted.

Kyrosiris
May 24, 2006

Midnightghoul posted:

Theres a spray of Chromie in a bikini

the game is complete

Not available as a skin though. :negative:

Kyrosiris
May 24, 2006

SHY NUDIST GRRL posted:

Just get the genie skin

Already have it, obviously. :v:

Kyrosiris
May 24, 2006

EdRush posted:

So the loot boxes in this game get rolled when you open them, and not when they are created, right? So if a guy had a Tracer box and he wanted some of the upcoming Tracer stuff, he could hold on to it until it came out for a better shot of rolling it?

Yep.

Kyrosiris
May 24, 2006

Also I think someone mentioned it earlier but the Tass buffs were wild. Just played him with a Valla and Cassia and watching their health bar skyrocket when shielded was hilarious.

Kyrosiris
May 24, 2006

Oh Snapple! posted:

Lifeguard Johanna should have been a skin.

I'm hopeful we'll get a second round of summer skins with ones inspired by the Chromie, Johanna, and Kael sprays.

Kyrosiris
May 24, 2006

Yeah, that's basically "rip malfurion" the patch notes. Welp.

Kyrosiris
May 24, 2006

Also FYI if you take Last Rites and the level 20 boost to it, you can get the cooldown to 5 seconds. :v:

Kyrosiris
May 24, 2006

Macaluso posted:

Aha I didn't fully read the Angel of Death tooltip. Last Rites doesn't just heal you for 100% of the damage dealth, but its current and future cooldown reduction bonuses are doubled :psyduck:

Yeah, but I think it has some kind of buggy interaction with past stacks or something, because someone on reddit posted a picture of it having zero cooldown. Which seems, uh... a bit good. :v:

Kyrosiris
May 24, 2006

Didn't their whole 2.0 info blitz specifically say they weren't going to do that? That's lousy. :(

Kyrosiris
May 24, 2006

Infinitum posted:

I feel if you unlock the Azmodunk skin via lootboxes, you're now legally obligated to play Azmodunk

It's why I started playing him!

Kyrosiris
May 24, 2006

wiegieman posted:

You take it when there's a ganker like Zeratul/Samuro/Valeera on the opposing team so that you can peace out instead of getting killed over and over.

Yeah, and generally I only take it if there's two because careful trap coverage/smart Timewalker's Pursuit usage can usually deal with one. It's absolutely invaluable in the situations where it's needed, though.

Kyrosiris
May 24, 2006

DAD LOST MY IPOD posted:

just had a sweet TL game where we had good communication
act 1: drafted varian + D Va (me), malf to heal, valla for some ranged DPS and poke, we wanted a DPS last. my buddy shows chromie, a character he has at hero level 47. varian's like "uh chromie can't damage the immortal, can you do ming?" i stick up for my buddy's chromie pick and they grudgingly accept it
act 2: our varian goes full twin blades build and i basically have to solo tank as d va
act 3: we loving shithouse them with chromie doing the lion's share of the work. their kaelthas never finishes his level 1 quest.

Man, it may not be as much as Li-Ming, but you can definitely poke the immortal decently if you take Bronze Talons. Plus TWP and traps provide a good deal of safety during immortal phases.

Kyrosiris
May 24, 2006

The Brightwing one depends on how much you like Brightwing's particular brand of adorable sociopathy. I love it, for what it's worth.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kyrosiris
May 24, 2006

p-hop posted:

Blizz had that in WC3 too. The HotS map pool is smaller than either of the RTS map pools though, isn't it? Maybe if we had a few more maps it would be enough not to slow down queue times too harshly, especially if you want to play the Bad Map that everyone always downvotes.

Admittedly, HotS has more maps than WoW has battlegrounds, and WoW has a two-map veto.