Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Strife
Apr 20, 2001

What the hell are YOU?

Martytoof posted:

If tomorrow I fly off the bike and decide it's not worth the danger then I'll still have been grateful I did it.

Alternatively you can fly off the bike and feel joy about how you now get to purchase a replacement.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Strife
Apr 20, 2001

What the hell are YOU?

Elviscat posted:

One of my longtime ex GF's called me a "f*****" for wearing a full face helmet on a cruiser.

She was a neurosurgery nurse.

In conclusion, it takes all types.

Sounds like a job security thing.

Strife
Apr 20, 2001

What the hell are YOU?

Coydog posted:

Can someone explain to me what they mean by "You talkin' like you hangin' in a closet! " ?

With the context I'm going to say stiff, like an overstarched shirt.

Strife
Apr 20, 2001

What the hell are YOU?
When I was in highschool an instructor went on a tangent once about how you don't ride a bicycle, you drive it, because riding is a passive activity and driving implies control.

Anyway I'm not sure what people who have pet peeves about proper terminology hope to achieve by pointing it out. That's somehow worse than the dudes that come out of nowhere to correct people on using the word clip when they mean magazine.

But I guess if any time you posted anything anywhere you got a popup that said "hey, who gives a poo poo?" half the internet would disappear.

Strife
Apr 20, 2001

What the hell are YOU?

Greg12 posted:

ADVrider poster period advertisements

oh to be a white baby boomer man in the 70s

Are these words supposed to rhyme? Are you supposed to pronounce it like nukie? Or Su-zuckie?

This ad sucks.

Strife
Apr 20, 2001

What the hell are YOU?

Greg12 posted:

ads for 70s subarus also say it funny... soo BAR oo

Whereas now everyone knows it's pronounced Subuwu.

Strife
Apr 20, 2001

What the hell are YOU?
advrider.txt IRL

I had to get some leather gloves altered and the dude had this glass jewel case full of stickers that all say "there is no value in talking to me."

Seriously why would anyone beyond the level of edgy teen want to communicate anything written on any of these stickers.

"MY COMPUTER SOMETIMES GOES DOWN ON ME." Uhh.. okay.

Strife
Apr 20, 2001

What the hell are YOU?

MomJeans420 posted:

I'm confused by that, assuming the target audience for these is a small subset of straight white males. Unless it's for the ladies?

I think I just put more thought into that than anyone did before they printed those stickers though.

I assume it's more likely that the stickers are made by people who have a narrow grasp of English, since a lot of them almost make sense.

TURN THE GAS ON, DUMMY!
KILL THE CANTEEN DRIVER
PROTECTED BY LOADED GUNS
EXCUSE ME BUT YOUR STANDING ON MY DICK

And my favorite, IF YOU CAN READ THIS, I PUSHED THE BITCH OFF. The sticker is like one inch by three inches. Where the hell is that supposed to go?

Strife
Apr 20, 2001

What the hell are YOU?

HenryJLittlefinger posted:

What is 88 blend fuel?

Desperately hoping none of the responses dipped into casual racism in addition to their typical unnecessary sexism.

Strife
Apr 20, 2001

What the hell are YOU?
BIG CORN :argh:

Maybe this is a dumb question but why is ethanol bad for motorcycles? I thought if you had EFI it wouldn't matter?

Strife
Apr 20, 2001

What the hell are YOU?
All of these comments and nobody has mentioned that when you separate scissors you don't get a scissor and a scissor, you get two knives.

Strife
Apr 20, 2001

What the hell are YOU?

Rev. Dr. Moses P. Lester posted:

Only two "lol" reactions?

Anyone else who might've considered it funny saw a bunch of words and thought "too much effort."

Strife
Apr 20, 2001

What the hell are YOU?

FBS posted:

Ok help me out here folks, twice I've lusted after some sweet naked rides only to be let down after a demo.

I currently ride a sweet '07 GSA with an Akropovic can and TRX suspension front and rear. Just love it to bits, but want to add a little zing to the stable as a second bike (gently used, I never buy new).

This past summer I rode:
Kawasaki ZRX1200
Ducati Monster S4RS

Both of these bikes I researched and read up extensively - I was so pumped to ride these classics. Cash in hand off I went to some prime specimens. After 5 mins on each, I turned around and brought it back to the owner. Why? Riding position for one. I don't have endless curves around me, closest thing to that are the on-off ramps to the freeway. Needlesstosay that comfort is rather critical. Not sofa comfort, but my wrists need to maintain feeling and not go numb after 15 mins.

In both cases, that 17" front wheel seemed downright scary at first. It was like the bikes read my mind when I wanted to initiate a turn, which was really weird. Just not used to how responsive that geometry is.

I was downright depressed after riding the Ducati. What a gorgeous machine.

The questionable opinions aside, why is this written so goddamn horny? Like I get these people all lament the passing of a time when their dicks still worked, but why does every single post read like they're absolutely desperate to gently caress a motorcycle?

Strife
Apr 20, 2001

What the hell are YOU?

HenryJLittlefinger posted:

Wife's recommendation

*borat voice* MY BIKE

Strife
Apr 20, 2001

What the hell are YOU?

Steakandchips posted:

Why do so many of these people insist on ruining a perfectly good bike for aesthetics by not enquiring if their idiotic modifications would have a negative impact on structural integrity?

Looking cool > actually enjoying the experience

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Strife
Apr 20, 2001

What the hell are YOU?
rslashmotorcycles.txt: