Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Comrayn
Jul 22, 2008
Can't wait to play this player driven economy kickstarter mmo that will definitely not only release but be good and fun and have no mentally ill people just like all the others before it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Comrayn
Jul 22, 2008

Zaodai posted:

And 50 additional genders for the character creator.

Good one dude

Comrayn
Jul 22, 2008

Midig posted:

https://www.reddit.com/r/Games/comments/68n6rt/ashes_of_creation_a_sandbox_mmo_which_focuses_on/dh0fyqv/

The dude who created the game seems to have ties to Xango, a pretty shady pyramid scheme businuess. Maybe I'm too conspiratorial about this, but I think this is worth a read guys.

Star citizen attracted the pros to the game. Supplement scams are out and MMOs are the new hot thing baby

Comrayn
Jul 22, 2008
I am in awe that they managed to out-scam star citizen but drat here we are. Congrats on your $400 literal pyramid scheme buy in OP!

Comrayn
Jul 22, 2008

lalaland posted:

Outscam star citizen? Nah this poo poo is peanuts compared to the 5 year 140 million us dollar scam that our Lord Christ Roberts is pulling off

Oh for sure. I meant more in terms of how blatant it is. Give it time though because with a veteran scammer at the helm these guys have potential.

Comrayn
Jul 22, 2008

Alexander DeLarge posted:

If you got the $400 pledge with the lifetime subscription you wouldn't have to worry about that.

Don't worry my man I am not worried about it.

Comrayn
Jul 22, 2008
Oops

Comrayn
Jul 22, 2008

Cithen posted:

Maybe watching prospective MMOs implode is the true evolution of the MMO experience.
1) You get to engage in grand fantasy.
2) The idea of achieving goal satisfaftion is always pushed out into the indeterminable future.
3) The pleasure gained from seeing your fellow players (financial backers) fail.
4) Sense of community in the shared experience.
5) F2P model for most, with Pay-to-win for those needing a heightened sense of emotional turmoil.

It's truly a wonderful time to be alive.

This is deep

Comrayn
Jul 22, 2008
I love reading multiple paragraphs that are written to sound super cool yet remain vague enough to allow the reader to fill in the details with their own desires. Can't wait To be my own boss, set my own hours, and push my own potential while being limited only by own visions of success in this multi-level marketing company mmorpg.

Comrayn
Jul 22, 2008

The video was taken down

Comrayn
Jul 22, 2008
With the referral system they don't even need to be directly paid right? Like if some youtube moron managed to get hundreds of people to use his link he could be making money off enough idiots paying for a month of this game.

What if they include some star citizen preorder jpeg scheme in the referral system? Hell sign me up some shilling.

Comrayn
Jul 22, 2008
I love that they always lead with his super awesome qualification of playing video games for a long time.

Comrayn
Jul 22, 2008

Ehud posted:

lol if you don’t watch the lazy peon

He’s in desperate search for a good MMO to play just like all of us

So he just plays a game and says nope not good. Why do I need to watch?

Comrayn
Jul 22, 2008
“Hey check out this guy’s YouTube it owns”

“That guy pushes misogynist incel garbage”

“Heh, surprised?”

Yes motherfucker you just told me this guys channel was good what the gently caress

Comrayn
Jul 22, 2008

Ehud posted:

His channel is literally just a bunch of MMO content. I have no idea about any of the redpill or chud stuff. None of that comes up in any of his videos :shrug:

He makes good videos about games and the industry. That's what was promoted. Not the guy's personal social or political views.

poo poo sucks my dude

Comrayn
Jul 22, 2008
Imagine going to bat for a video game youtuber yeesh

Comrayn
Jul 22, 2008

doomisland posted:

They did a battle royale to test the combat system during which they found some issues and fixed them to allow for large scale battles, if i understood correctly. So they're confident in 250v250 and now theyre next target is to try and support 500v500.

lol

Comrayn
Jul 22, 2008

Jackard posted:

Why are people taking this thing seriously?

Comrayn
Jul 22, 2008

Ffycchi posted:

Before anyone says anything about the alpha delay I will with 100% certainty say it was needed. For various reasons I can't go into yet.

I'm going to take a wild guess and say it's because the game was bad

Comrayn
Jul 22, 2008
OK thanks for confirming I was correct

Comrayn
Jul 22, 2008
If someone gave five hundred dollars to a game before it was even playable they were going to lose it to the wallet inspector anyway.

Comrayn
Jul 22, 2008

Ffycchi posted:

Eh. To be fair. As someone who threw 475 at it during Kickstarter....

If you have 475$ to throw at something you want to believe in, generally speaking you have a disposable income and a salaried job.

Wife and I both have a salaried job.

We lose and gain more than $500 in our investment accounts every hour.

$500 for a chance at a few years of entertainment when I already have terminal cancer is fine to me.

Win some, lose some. Not like it's going with me.

I had over 1400 in star citizen....but got that poo poo refunded.

Either way all That being said the whole new situation is definitely....concerning.

It definitely shakes my confidence in the project.

Edit: big thumbs on mobile makes numbers hard.

Edit 2: new lazypeon video

https://youtu.be/tMTCICnb7-M

If Jeff Bezos threw five hundred bucks at a Kickstarter video game I would laugh at how much of a dumbass he is no need to tell us about your bank account lol

Comrayn
Jul 22, 2008
I have played games for hundreds if not thousands of hours paying more than $500 in sub/expansion costs over that time and even if I could go back to before they launched and tell myself that I still wouldn’t have paid $500 upfront. Do you guys regularly get fleeced by the wallet inspector or something?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Comrayn
Jul 22, 2008

ShowTime posted:

Yea because that's exactly what I said.

Yeah be fair guys he also said you could spend it on drinking.