Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
VietCampo
Aug 24, 2010
Anyone starting up a brand new dynasty draft anytime soon? I've never tried dynasty but i've been dying to try it out and none of my RL friends are willing to try it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

VietCampo
Aug 24, 2010

Leperflesh posted:

We have an open slot in the I Paid What for Who? dynasty money league, if you're interested! We had a guy bail out. The annual dues are $25 + 1/12th of the cost of the MFL league fees, and there's a cash payout for first through third place plus the winner of the consolation tournament bracket.

Here's the thread: https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3740832
Here's the league: http://www64.myfantasyleague.com/2016/home/79286
Here's our rules: https://docs.google.com/document/d/1UnTCMrEn7Wx5ofw_mG_ke_htdtVIY1LZWr907Cx8gn8/edit?usp=sharing
Here's what would be your team: http://www64.myfantasyleague.com/2016/options?L=79286&O=07&F=0002

2016 player salaries are still listed, so all the salaries will be going up by 10%, you'll have an opportunity to drop players, and then we'll have our free agent & rookie draft shortly before the season begins.

e. I'll be honest, though, this team went 2-12 last year and needs serious rebuilding. But we have a salary cap system so if you dump garbage players and work hard during the year on the waiver wire there's no reason you couldn't turn it around in a year.

We ran our dynasty league on ESPN the first year and then switched to MFL. It's possible to do it on Yahoo or ESPN, but their options for customization of your league are fairly limited. You cannot do things like taxi squads, trade draft picks for players, automatically adjust player salaries, etc. However they are free.

The cost for an MFL league if you sign up during the summer and defray the cost across all the owners is pretty minimal, though.

When setting up dynasty league rules I highly recommend being completely explicit and thorough. It can be a pain in the rear end and people will call you a nerd but anticipating and ruling on the key sources of friction will help a lot. It's more important to get it right with dynasty than it is with a normal redraft league for obvious reasons. Even more important if there's money involved.

The most critical things I'd say is making sure that people don't burn out, especially anyone with a losing team. Also make sure the one guy who was lucky enough to draft a rookie David Johnson doesn't forever dominate the league... e.g., escalate player salaries or have player contracts that end after 3-5 years or whatever you need to do to ensure there's gradual turnover of ownership. Make sure you have rules in place for how disputes will be handled, and don't succumb to the temptation to change rules mid-season.

Mostly looking for a brand new start up atm, but i'd probably be happy to join closer to the season if it's still open and i haven't found one yet.

VietCampo
Aug 24, 2010

Leperflesh posted:

lol your league is stupid

VietCampo
Aug 24, 2010
Bonus points for the Lions from going all the way from AA to ZZ.

VietCampo
Aug 24, 2010

Zombie Tsunami posted:

Full disclosure: don't have a ton of empirical data to back this one up, but I have a feeling that, outside of Theo, the Detroit Lions backfield will be nothing more than Ameer headache this season.

So basically a repeat of last season.

VietCampo
Aug 24, 2010

Teemu Pokemon posted:

Cobb will be a great WR2 unless you draft him

This is me but with Doug Martin.

VietCampo
Aug 24, 2010
Y'all are silly, just wait til the 12th round and grab Ertz, it's his year.

VietCampo
Aug 24, 2010

Silly Burrito posted:

What do I replace my kicker spot with?

A bench spot

VietCampo
Aug 24, 2010
Man if they use Montgomery the same way they used him last year early on at RB, he's gonna do great with full PPR.

VietCampo fucked around with this message at 03:55 on Jun 15, 2017

VietCampo
Aug 24, 2010

Diqnol posted:

I'm guessing Green is also getting those targets but got hurt

Yea if he had played a full season he would've been on that list easily.

VietCampo
Aug 24, 2010
I'll never not draft Decker near his ADP.

Dude's legit one of most consistent and best WR2's the last 5 years when not hurt.

VietCampo
Aug 24, 2010

Tiptoes posted:

Nice. Make sure to tell people that the only Jaguars worth their price in redraft are probably Allen Hurns and the defense.

Idk man, Allen Hurns was seen as a value pick last season around draft time, but i think he's currently on my do not draft list unless it's significant value. Lingering hamstring issues and Marqise Lee actually showing something last year has me worried this season.

Probably just stay away from Jaguars imo.

VietCampo
Aug 24, 2010
Also you guys are doing it wrong, if you pick at 12/13, it won't be 26/27 it'd be 36/37 as your next picks.

VietCampo fucked around with this message at 03:11 on Jul 9, 2017

VietCampo
Aug 24, 2010

Drunk Nerds posted:

I've enjoyed this J stew-paul perkins debate because it's really made me get in there and examine the Carolina running situation from every angle I can think of. That said, I can't find a single angle that doesn't make me utterly shocked people want to take the 29th overall RB (in STandard, way worse in PPR) in 2016 whose team spent a top 10 pick on a running back... I would rather throw a dart at any other RB1 than that. I really don't get it, but still i have enjoyed this back-and-forth

This is honestly my thinking, i'm not touching any RB who's team drafted a RB anywhere that high, even if all signs and hype pieces point to that said rookie not having a significant impact on his workload. But hell, just having your team draft a RB that high is already significant impact.

I mean if JStew does pan out and still gives you RB2 numbers, that's great, but i'd rather let someone else find that out. At least in Perkins case, he's got a clear cut path to being the starting RB with minimal competition besides Vereen?

VietCampo fucked around with this message at 22:01 on Jul 11, 2017

VietCampo
Aug 24, 2010
Not sure if it was asked or said, but does anyone know if there's a rotopass promo code for this year?

VietCampo
Aug 24, 2010

Amergin posted:

I have a feeling with the additions of Decker and Davis and their shift to a run-based offense, Walker's usage will dip. Say going from 65/800/7 (188 in 1PPR) to 50/700/4 (144 total) which is about what Ebron got last year as TE14.

As a reference, 2016's top 12 TEs in 1PPR were:
1. Kelce 229
2. Rudolph 210
3. Olsen 209
4. Graham 192
5. Walker 188
6. Ertz 185
7. Bennett 171
8. Brate 170
9. Pitta 170
10. Reed 168
11. Witten 153
12. Gates 148

I think Olsen, Walker, Brate, Pitta and Gates drop out of this list by the end of this year. Bennett I'm on the fence on.

Olsen? You're talking about Greg Olsen, dropping out of a list of top 12 TE's? in 1 PPR?

Can you list 12 TE's that will all score more than Olsen?

VietCampo
Aug 24, 2010

RisqueBarber posted:

This sounds cool. My only question is whether beersheets could do it.

I know in past seasons Beer has set up a custom request form closer to the season starts.

VietCampo
Aug 24, 2010
Meredith obviously just needs Matt Barkley back under center and he'll return WR2 numbers.

VietCampo
Aug 24, 2010
Lot of debate in this thread over a TE who's missed more games than he's played, has never played a full season, or ever passed 500 yards receiving, or ever catch more than 5 TD's.

but basically

Benne posted:

Don't draft any Bears, problem solved.

VietCampo
Aug 24, 2010

89 posted:

I'll get him in the 3rd :smuggo:

and promptly trade him?

VietCampo
Aug 24, 2010

Sataere posted:

I am surprised he didn't go top three in the other drafts. People didn't pay enough attention to the format

Honestly even though it's a 2QB league, QBs don't get much of a bonus, sure it's 6 pptd but a lot of regular leagues are already that, and getting a hold of a top 3 RB that also gets a ppfd bonus is still more important than a top 3 QB. Just imo though.

You'll defo need to take a QB with your next couple picks though and hopefully still land at least a potential top 10 QB.

VietCampo
Aug 24, 2010
Carr and Crabtree for sure, then possibly Lewis or Stills.

VietCampo
Aug 24, 2010
Yea, someone come replace I hosed Jesus.

VietCampo
Aug 24, 2010

OxySnake posted:

We have been playing for 7 years now and just got decimal scoring.

You're a trooper, i'd have quit after a year. lolnodecimalscoring

VietCampo
Aug 24, 2010
2015 Woodhead would be amazing and i'm targeting him everywhere, so he'll end up getting hurt in week 3.

VietCampo
Aug 24, 2010

89 posted:

Let's be real.

If Jamaal Charles were still a Chief. What round would he be going in?

After the last 2 seasons? Nothing but a late round flier probably for me.

VietCampo
Aug 24, 2010

89 posted:

Quick mock

This is mocking against AI though, I've never failed to come out of those mocks with A+ best case drafts.

VietCampo
Aug 24, 2010
Kyle Rudolph also finished with more fantasy points than Graham last season and finished top 3, with Bradford he's more than serviceable.

VietCampo
Aug 24, 2010

RCarr posted:

Hey Beer, how come some lines on the beersheets are shaded and some aren't? Are those tiers?

Yea, it's to differentiate between the tiers.

VietCampo
Aug 24, 2010
Mine is Rivers, dude is always drafted right outside the top 12 QB's and consistently puts up 4000 yards and 30 TDs even when half his offense dies from injuries.

VietCampo
Aug 24, 2010
Ok just gathering some thoughts on a small thing i'm having.

So last season in a league i commission, i approved a trade, was slightly lopsided but i paid it no thought really. But i just learned that the trade was manifested through a madden football game between the 2 parties, basically the winner of the madden game gets the better end of the deal. Neither ended up winning the league.

Now honestly it's a bigger deal because the buy in for this league is $300 and i don't need outcomes coming down to who was better at playing madden. What would you guys do?

Warning and if it happens again, kicked out?

VietCampo
Aug 24, 2010

Teemu Pokemon posted:

did anyone empty quote this yet??

VietCampo
Aug 24, 2010
I'm defo not touching Marshawn anywhere near the 3rd.

Will let someone else see what he has.

VietCampo
Aug 24, 2010
Honestly he's such a big name and his upside is so huge that most auction leagues will end up overbidding for him, I'd hop on him for $15 in auction for sure but he's not likely to go for that low but i wouldn't draft him unless he fell a couple rounds in redraft.

VietCampo
Aug 24, 2010

Ok, need some help on my 2nd keeper that's due by saturday.

I'm already keeping Jordy Nelson in the 9th round, but i have multiple options for my 2nd one that i can't make up my mind.

keeper round cost in parentheses

Tyreek (10th)
Spencer Ware (10th)
Powell (13th)
Davante Adams (10th)

1 PPR

VietCampo
Aug 24, 2010
I'd have definitely taken Keenan Allen over Tyreek, and i drafted Keenan Allen the last 2 years just to watch him die.

VietCampo
Aug 24, 2010

Teemu Pokemon posted:

I am probably in the minority, but I like Powell there.

He was actually who i was leaning towards due to it being a full PPR league and the barrenness that is the jets receiving corp, he could very well end up leading the team in catches.

but it's also the Jets and he's currently banged up i guess?

Could also just keep Davante and then draft Rodgers and Montgomery and live and die with the Pack. hah

VietCampo fucked around with this message at 03:25 on Aug 15, 2017

VietCampo
Aug 24, 2010
Might as well have made it a standard league imo.

VietCampo
Aug 24, 2010
Any league that gives you points per rushing attempt is sure to favor a RB in general.

Those bonuses to receiving yards for WR will probably not even be a factor all season.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

VietCampo
Aug 24, 2010
Watching Kareem hunt is really making me think about switching my keeper from Ware to Powell atm and then just drafting Hunt.

• Locked thread