Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Drunk Nerds
Jan 25, 2011

Just close your eyes
Fun Shoe

Forever_Peace posted:

Pro football reference should be able to accommodate that.

Will check it out. Thank you!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Drunk Nerds
Jan 25, 2011

Just close your eyes
Fun Shoe
I've enjoyed this J stew-paul perkins debate because it's really made me get in there and examine the Carolina running situation from every angle I can think of. That said, I can't find a single angle that doesn't make me utterly shocked people want to take the 29th overall RB (in STandard, way worse in PPR) in 2016 whose team spent a top 10 pick on a running back... I would rather throw a dart at any other RB1 than that. I really don't get it, but still i have enjoyed this back-and-forth

Drunk Nerds
Jan 25, 2011

Just close your eyes
Fun Shoe

Ayudo posted:

In any case, I'll admit it's entirely too early to really debate the merits of the 30th and 40th ranked RB.

Well, while that obviously has merit, there's something to be said for being able to spot a trend. For instance last year, some people were a little gun shy to draft DeMarco Murray "just" based on preseason, whereas those of us who had been barfing up stats about Mike Mularkey and the Titans line were confidently grabbing him.

It also makes every debate a win-win: If I win, I get to be right. If I lose, I get to see a potential trend starting that would make j-Stew a crazy sneaky pick, should things continue.

Drunk Nerds
Jan 25, 2011

Just close your eyes
Fun Shoe
Can we do a "put it on the board," thing? I think it would be interesting to post morten a few of these argunents, come january.

I SAY PAUL PERKINS FINISHES AHEAD OF JONATHAN STEWART IN STANDARD SCORING

Drunk Nerds
Jan 25, 2011

Just close your eyes
Fun Shoe

Papes posted:

Put it on the board:

J Stew outscores Paul Perkins in points per game

Well, duh, because J stew is going to put up 5 games before his body crumbles to dust

Drunk Nerds
Jan 25, 2011

Just close your eyes
Fun Shoe

Varg posted:

I lol'ed at this

Then put it on the board

Drunk Nerds
Jan 25, 2011

Just close your eyes
Fun Shoe

RVProfootballer posted:

Paul Perkins will be worse than RB30

I say Perkins will be among the top 30 in terms of total points in standard

PUT IT ON THE BOARD! *

* I'll make a board this weekend

Drunk Nerds fucked around with this message at 18:47 on Jul 12, 2017

Drunk Nerds
Jan 25, 2011

Just close your eyes
Fun Shoe
I would make one of them chicago's kicker and just used the spot to riff on my situation

Drunk Nerds
Jan 25, 2011

Just close your eyes
Fun Shoe

RisqueBarber posted:

Also, one of my favorite thing about beersheets is the examples that beer posts on reddit. I figure we could do a whole draft right here and see how the draft turns out. We can use my league's scoring as an example.

12 Team - 0.5 PPR - 1(QB) / 2(RB) / 2(WR) / 1(TE) / 1(RB/WR/TE)

We randomly got the 3rd overall pick. The first 2 picks are David Johnson and Leveon Bell. Who are we taking next? My vote is Zek.

Lets debate zeke vs brown. I'll start with brown:
- As close as you can get to a guarantee. Always finishes top 5, rarely misses games. Zeke has this potential suspension looming and DAllas' offensive line is slightly worse

Drunk Nerds
Jan 25, 2011

Just close your eyes
Fun Shoe

RisqueBarber posted:

The only thing that worries me about Zek is the suspension because losing your 3rd overall pick for X amount games could ruin an entire fantasy season. I think Dallas's defense will make up for the o-line changes. With more talent on the other side of the ball, it should increase touches for zek.

Also, I live in Dallas and have friends in the sports radio industry. They've told me off the record stories of Zek getting caught smoking joints at out-door patio bars. I also literally ran into Zek at a bar where he was carrying a giant bottle of champagne. I was drunk and embarrassed myself by telling "Keep on doing you bro". He just looked at me weird and walked away without saying a word.

I saw Tyron Smith at the same bar last year. That guy is ripped. He's huge and has less than 10% body fat. He was carrying around a whole bottle of Patron.

I hope you knocked it out of his hands and screamed "I'm counting on you, don't blow it. 3rd overall comes with responsibility!" That's the only way he'll learn

Drunk Nerds
Jan 25, 2011

Just close your eyes
Fun Shoe

89 posted:

Honestly, I don't know how these athletes can consume so much alcohol and still look like Gods amongst men. I can't hardly touch any without it making me fat. Bastards.

CAlorie burning all day. I have twin four year old boys, consume about 2000 calories of alcohol a day, and still rock a pretty firm dadbod thanks to my insanely frustrating regimen of "Constantly running and yelling during every waking minute"

Drunk Nerds
Jan 25, 2011

Just close your eyes
Fun Shoe
Fish bowl is officially a go. We have 36 teams in the league, but we are taking on expansion teams. If we get just 7 more expansion teams, we can add them all and have 48 total teams!

https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3825569

EDIT: We only need 4 more expansion teams to sign up. With a week left, I'm certain this division will fire. So :getin: now, rather than later because this will fill up.

Drunk Nerds fucked around with this message at 04:04 on Jul 16, 2017

Drunk Nerds
Jan 25, 2011

Just close your eyes
Fun Shoe
Lamar Miller should bail him out, be like "your rear end belongs to me, now," and spend the next few months straightening him out. You know, like if this wasn't a world where everything always turns out awful.

Drunk Nerds
Jan 25, 2011

Just close your eyes
Fun Shoe
Anyone know what the limit is for the number of quarterbacks that can be rostered in the Scott Fish Bowl?

Drunk Nerds
Jan 25, 2011

Just close your eyes
Fun Shoe
He dead. His great-great-grandson, however...

Drunk Nerds
Jan 25, 2011

Just close your eyes
Fun Shoe
In goon fish bowl, all of the positions are almost equal, so a TE or a QB is a viable first round pick.
Despite this, David Johnson went first overall in all four divisions

Drunk Nerds
Jan 25, 2011

Just close your eyes
Fun Shoe

Teemu Pokemon posted:

So, is there an app for MFL? I'm doing the GFB, and I'm finding their site incredibly ugly and impossible to navigate on mobile. I've only ever used Yahoo and ESPN before so this is literally my first time and I have no idea what's going on

There is. It's called MFL platinum. It is not great.

Drunk Nerds
Jan 25, 2011

Just close your eyes
Fun Shoe

Sataere posted:

Yeah, he is a no brainer number one pick. I hate picking third. Second would've been ideal

The way the stats are aligned, I'm kinda happy anywhere. There are 3 rbs, 4 WRs, 2 TE's and 3 Qb's I really like in the first round

I think Rogers was a great 3rd overall pick, btw

Drunk Nerds fucked around with this message at 04:12 on Jul 23, 2017

Drunk Nerds
Jan 25, 2011

Just close your eyes
Fun Shoe

VietCampo posted:

Honestly even though it's a 2QB league, QBs don't get much of a bonus, sure it's 6 pptd but a lot of regular leagues are already that, and getting a hold of a top 3 RB that also gets a ppfd bonus is still more important than a top 3 QB. Just imo though.

It's more the dropoff at qb2 in the superflex that makes me lean hard toward getting a great qb early. Yes the scoring slightly bumps up every other position, but man every 2qb league Ive been in has been all about qb value

Drunk Nerds fucked around with this message at 06:11 on Jul 23, 2017

Drunk Nerds
Jan 25, 2011

Just close your eyes
Fun Shoe

RVProfootballer posted:

It's effectively 12 team, 2 QB? Gotta get some decent QBs, you don't want to be starting like Tannehill as QB1 and alternating McCown and Kessler as your QB2. Especially since most other starters are flex (right?), I'd go QB very early. You'll be able to successfully bid on a couple usable RBs or WRs from the wire if necessary, seems much less likely to have a good quality QB pop up and win him.

It's a 1 qb, 1 superflex, so you can just start 1 qb and flex another position. It is effectively a 2 qb league, but without the pain of having to start a QB32 if your draft goes a different direction

Drunk Nerds
Jan 25, 2011

Just close your eyes
Fun Shoe

pmchem posted:

Commissioners:

How do you deal with league privacy on myfantasyleague.com leagues?

I need people's email addresses in order to invite them to the league. Right? I can't see any other easy way -- is there one? But I would prefer that their email addresses are not publicly displayed (to random people viewing the league), or even shown to other league members. By default. How does one go about this?

I acknowledge your question, and I acknowledge that I do not know the answer. I also acknowledge that I had to get up and walk away from my computer due to frustration in trying to figure out the answer.

Drunk Nerds
Jan 25, 2011

Just close your eyes
Fun Shoe

pmchem posted:

hmm, I think I can just set franchise password as commissioner and then message people links/passwords to their franchise. Privacy wise, they would need to set their own franchise details.

AH, yes great lateral thinking. This will totally work

Drunk Nerds
Jan 25, 2011

Just close your eyes
Fun Shoe
Looking for a new owner to replace an absent team in the fish bowl. All the other 47 teams have shown up, and we are having a blast slow drafting and chatting. So far the missing owner has autopicked OBJ and Mike Thomas, so not a bad start. Pm me an email if interested, or send it to goonfishbowl@gmail.com

Drunk Nerds
Jan 25, 2011

Just close your eyes
Fun Shoe

pubic works project posted:

What's a good site to get estimated auction values for players?

I hear about this guy makes some sheets

Drunk Nerds
Jan 25, 2011

Just close your eyes
Fun Shoe
My super $ destinatin draft league always drafts(auctions) the Saturday after the opening game. Then we roll across the border to nevada and watch week 1 sunday at a sports book

Drunk Nerds
Jan 25, 2011

Just close your eyes
Fun Shoe
Feels like, if you want to make the lower tier qbs more viable, increasing the pushishment points is counterproductive

Drunk Nerds
Jan 25, 2011

Just close your eyes
Fun Shoe

89 posted:

The idea is to create more of a positional scarcity because there's only 10 of us. Maybe there already is and I'm being dumb.

Current 2016 results with current scoring:

Have you considered adding another qb starting slot? With 10 teams 2 qb can be really fun

Drunk Nerds
Jan 25, 2011

Just close your eyes
Fun Shoe

timp posted:

Oooh yeah, sorry...I don't really know yet! Good questions. drat, I really AM rusty!

I assume standard ESPN scoring (which I guess is PPR now?) and Keepers go in the first 2 rounds.

E: Just heard back from the GM, the above is correct.

So you forfeit the second round to keep Landry? Only keep David Johnson, then

efb

Drunk Nerds
Jan 25, 2011

Just close your eyes
Fun Shoe

So which QBs should I be targeting if I don't want to blow a chunk of my budget on one? Cousins? Winston?

Have a large tier-B list, and wait for one to go for a steal. Never fails.

Here, let's make and debate one:

Possible qb steals in auction:

Winston
Mariota
Cousins
Carr
Tyrod
Rivers
Brothless Burger
Prescott?

That's 8 + 5 top tier qbs. If your league is 12 or fewer, that should be enough. If it's 14 or more, just be sure to throw out a $2 qb or two early that's not on this list (like Newton or Stafford) and it should block up nicely.

NOTE: This is assuming you meant a 1 qb league... did you?

Drunk Nerds fucked around with this message at 21:38 on Aug 8, 2017

Drunk Nerds
Jan 25, 2011

Just close your eyes
Fun Shoe

Yeah it's a 1 QB, 14 team auction league. I definitely plan on throwing randoms out for nomination.

I've been leaning Winston/Cousins/Carr. Winston has thrown over 4,000 yards both years he's been in the league. But he's also thrown a ton of picks. Cousins has done the same with less picks.

IME my 14 team auctions need me to talk myself into about 6 tier b qbs. All it takes is for one other bidder to want winston, one other to want carr, and one more to want cousins, and suddenly none of those are going for a steal.

Drunk Nerds
Jan 25, 2011

Just close your eyes
Fun Shoe

Leperflesh posted:

So if those are the tier B guys, who are the tier A guys? Here going by FantasyPros ADP we have:
Rodgers
Brady
Brees
Ryan
Luck
Wilson
Carr...

so with Carr on Drunk Nerd's B-tier list, that implies everyone above Carr is Tier A, and we can fill out the Tier B guys who could be "steals":
Newton
Stafford
Manning
Dalton
Wentz
Palmer
Watson
Smith
Bortles
Flacco
Bradford

Of those, I'd say Stafford could be fine, Manning is a high-upside pick and especially attractive if your league doesn't heavily penalize interceptions, Palmer is potentially a steal, and I'm suddenly wondering about dark horse candidate Jay Cutler.

i forgot about wilson. He might go for a small amount like 1/10 auctions.

Feels like Watson, Smith, Bortles, Flacco, and Bradford will all go for $1 unless your league is super coked up.

Why isn't rivers on the list... is his adp below flacco, bradford, and bortles?

Drunk Nerds
Jan 25, 2011

Just close your eyes
Fun Shoe
Dolphins will go to the AFC championship game, and next season the trend will be for teams to fire their lame duck qbs and hire retired guys

Drunk Nerds
Jan 25, 2011

Just close your eyes
Fun Shoe
I would still take Hilton over a second round qb. Theres a reasonable chance one of the top 3 qbs will bounce back to you in round 3. If they don't that means another solid WR, maybe even top 12, will be there. The extra point per int is only going to matter about 10 points per year.

Drunk Nerds
Jan 25, 2011

Just close your eyes
Fun Shoe

89 posted:

Not gonna lie. I was targetting TY hardcore. But with these Luck injury woes, unless he's there in the 3rd/4th...I just dunno.

Sure, sure, some fair points against TY. For the person that asked the question, I'd go with "whomever your favorite receiver remaining is, then hope a top 3 qb bounces back. If not, grab another awesome WR in round 3."

Drunk Nerds fucked around with this message at 21:48 on Aug 9, 2017

Drunk Nerds
Jan 25, 2011

Just close your eyes
Fun Shoe

VietCampo posted:

Ok just gathering some thoughts on a small thing i'm having.

So last season in a league i commission, i approved a trade, was slightly lopsided but i paid it no thought really. But i just learned that the trade was manifested through a madden football game between the 2 parties, basically the winner of the madden game gets the better end of the deal. Neither ended up winning the league.

Now honestly it's a bigger deal because the buy in for this league is $300 and i don't need outcomes coming down to who was better at playing madden. What would you guys do?

Warning and if it happens again, kicked out?

Ooh a modern day "you make the call." I love it, very interesting...

Is it keeper? If so, things get complicated.

If it's redraft, then I like the warning and there needs to be a penalty if it happens again, specifically because there's a good chance you'll have to make an initial ruling without full info, so you want to put a scare in them. You made the right decision at the time, then when new information came to light, you reconsidered the situation but kept it all close to breast. Since you played that perfectly, it's awesome you're thinking about stuff in the offseason to make sure you got all your poo poo crossed and dotted like a Catholic about to die. A "hey no funny poo poo this time or I'm gonna have to walk poo poo back right over your face, and that will strongly involve removal" would be effective, ime.

Drunk Nerds
Jan 25, 2011

Just close your eyes
Fun Shoe
Were there any o-line first stringers in yesterday's game? How did they look?

Drunk Nerds
Jan 25, 2011

Just close your eyes
Fun Shoe

Alshon over Keenan for me due to being burned TWICE by Keenan and his loving lacerated organs/ACLs.

My question:

I'm running two leagues for members at the private club I work at. Both are 14 team leagues and I believe we're going to auction draft for both. How do I make the waiver order random for the first week and then "move to last after claim"?

I need clarification: Are you asking how to functionally do that using a computer interface? If so, then what site is your league on? If not, I need still further clarification.

Drunk Nerds
Jan 25, 2011

Just close your eyes
Fun Shoe

Cervixalot posted:

Zeke suspension announcement coming today(probably), early word is possibly 6 games :aaaaa:

My dad has him in Fish Bowl. I have McFadden. It is not going to be a harmonious day for the Nerds family

Drunk Nerds
Jan 25, 2011

Just close your eyes
Fun Shoe

SouthShoreSamurai posted:

.5 PPR, sorry.

And yeah, he's going to miss half the regular season. But it's a keeper league. You think he'll be worth $65 next year?

Depends on your market. I'd say hellll no. $65 is probably exactly what he'll be worth, so using a keeper on him just wastes a keeper spot

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Drunk Nerds
Jan 25, 2011

Just close your eyes
Fun Shoe
The guy who doesnt suck.

• Locked thread