Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

I need some help deciding my third keeper. Currently I have OBJ in the first (after seeing that his injury isn't serious I am ok with this now) and DJ in the sixth (lol).

I'm just gonna post this screenshot for scoring because it's kinda weird

The rest of the scoring is pretty normal.

Debating between (in order of how I'm leaning):
Tyreek (7)
Gurley (5)
Jameis (13)
Dak (14)

Kept players cost one slot higher than the round you drafted them in (undrafted waiver wire guys cost a seventh) but you can keep your first round pick for a first so the chances of me getting anyone better than OBJ in the first are almost nil, even if I draw the first pick.

IcePhoenix fucked around with this message at 20:35 on Aug 22, 2017

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

RisqueBarber posted:

The gently caress kind of bonuses are these?

A guy runs for 99 yards for 9.9 points and one guy runs 1 more yard and gets 20? My league has bonuses too but not to that extreme. With those bonuses, I would keep Gurly. Highest ceiling imo.

ROFL - If any RB or WR goes over 200 yards the game is just over.

200 yards = 45 points. That's ludicrous.

Yeah, they're stupid, but I'm not really in any position to complain about it. I think in one of my playoff matchups I could have benched literally everyone except OBJ and DJ and still won.

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

coronaball posted:

Are there any other tactics we can use to make this interesting?

No Bench

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

how much does the luck situation affect Hilton's ranking? I've got a keeper draft in a little bit and it looks like at my pick my best option will be one of him, hopkins, DMT, or fournette

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

Quick keeper question for y'all

Standard 12 team PPR with no flex, trying to figure out my fourth keeper. Every team must keep four and they're your first four picks. I have AB, Evans, and Gurley as three, debating on Benjamin and Ingram for the fourth. I could also keep Reed but I want to get off that injury roller coaster.

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

Pain of Mind posted:

Those rules make keepers a penalty for drafting poorly rather than a reward for drafting well. In a bubble I would go with Benjamin; I do not really like Ingram's situation at all and will not draft him anywhere, but I imagine 20 RB are being kept so there will not be much to draft and you already have 2 solid WRs and there are a ton of WR deeper down the ADP list that should be serviceable WR3s. Do you know your draft pick and how many usable RBs are left? If you could grab a rookie and Gore or Abdullah (just trying to think of guys not kept) then maybe you will not need Ingram.

Yeah, I've been pushing to allow people to not keep four for a while but people don't understand how much of an advantage the teams with better keepers have and it's a league I've been in for a while with people I don't get to talk to much anymore so I deal with it.

I have the tenth pick and I'd say 20 is probably a pretty accurate estimate, though some people keep QBs which helps deepen the pool a little bit. I don't really expect Ingram to be available to me at my pick if I don't keep him, but I might be able to get one of the rookies or someone that wasn't kept and slipped under the radar. Or I could be cheeky and take Woodhead or Jacquizz :v:

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

Ches Neckbeard posted:

Njoku has a rookie qb

Don't TEs usually get a lot of garbage receptions from being the safety valve for rookie QBs though? Or is that a fantasy myth?

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

Gumbel2Gumbel posted:

I'm really confused because I just read two articles saying Diggs produced more last year than Jarvis Landry and Landry has more catches, yards, and touchdowns in his stats.

Is Diggs taking end arounds or punts or something?

They're probably talking per game

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

timp posted:

Hey now! I knew I wouldn't get RB1 numbers, but as a late round flyer? No regrets, yolo, etc.

People weren't taking him as a late round flyer in a lot of leagues though lmao

Peterson said that he was telling Payton that they needed to "run the ball up the Vikings rear end" more, or something

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

Butter Hole posted:

A decent set of games last night. Anderson and Cook look like bell cows, would have liked to see a touchdown from them though. YPC-wise I don't think they were THAT impressive, but they look like they're going to get a lot of volume, and with the gameflow I think NO/LA were stacking the box.

Gordon looked pretty beastly. I may regret drafting Evans over him, but time will tell. I won this week with Evans on "Bye" so, so far so good.

Is Kenny Britt droppable? From what I've read he looked pretty awful. Got my eye on Golladay.

5.7 ypc isn't impressive?

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

It's really weird to me how many people in this thread apparently don't have Thielen. Did people just expect a drop off for some reason?

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

RVProfootballer posted:

Treadwell maybe eventually having an impact

hahahahahahahahahahaha

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

the_american_dream posted:

What is the deal with Treadwell anyway? Just not grasping the playbook?

He can't run routes

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

Brown I can vaguely understand, Xavier Rhodes is really really good

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

Gobias Ind. posted:

Oh cool, I'm facing Le'Veon in 3 of 5 leagues this week. Can't wait for the Steelers to force feed him the ball to make up for Week 1.

Alternatively, if he has another dud I've hit the lottery.

Vikings front four is very good, if he does any damage I'd expect it to come in the passing game.

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

Bradford is getting a second opinion from Dr. Andrews, he's done.

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

I was looking through the matchups in one of my leagues to kill some time and noticed that Yahoo effectively gives Tyreek a 5% chance to score -10 points tonight in standard PPR scoring.

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

DariusLikewise posted:

So what you are saying is I'm being a panicky little bitch?

You should also stop playing in 8 team leagues

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

Is Jaquizz worth keeping on my roster now that Martin is back? I need a kicker for Bryant's bye week.

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

Gobias Ind. posted:

I'd hold him for at least another week, personally. Who is your next best drop candidate? (The real answer is drop Bryant)

People are actually rostering backup kickers for some reason so I don't want to be left with like Robbie Gould or something for the rest of the season if I drop him.

Also I just realized Eric Decker is still on my roster so that was an easy decision.

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

I'm not keeping a backup I'm rostering him for a week to cover a bye and dropping him.

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

Dealing in absolutes and being completely unwilling to adjust your strategy based on what other teams are doing is a really fast way to lose leagues. I'll be ok without having my sixth receiver for a week.

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

RCarr posted:

You've got it reversed. Just like in a draft, if there's a run on QB's, you don't follow suit and grab a QB early, you take advantage and grab whatever good RB/WR that is still available because everyone is taking QB's.

I did this too though.

Beer4TheBeerGod posted:

Sounds like someone is making an absolute declaration.

Fair point, I'll make another one in that case: Eric Decker is worse than rostering a backup kicker for a single week.

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

Dammit, I picked up Cook for keeper purposes after someone else dropped him but I think now I have to drop him with OBJ going out as well.

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

pubic works project posted:

Post your roster and keeper limits

We can keep three at a round higher than they were drafted, but a first rounder can be kept in the first forever (you can't bump one down to a second if you have two there).

QB: Wentz
WR(3): OBJ, Hopkins, Thielen, Dez, D. Adams
RB(2): DJ, Gurley, Smallwood, Jacquizz, Cook, Lacy (gametime pickup when Smallwood was ruled out)
TE: Ertz
K: I forget his name the Eagles guy
D: KC
+ 1 WR/RB/TE Flex

My keepers this year were OBJ (1), Gurley (5), DJ (6), Cook would have been keepable in the second so I was thinking about trying to get something out of Gurley at the end of the year or just using Cook himself as tradebait. We don't have an IR slot and using three of my five bench spots on guys that are out for the year (I guess DJ might play) isn't really a strategy I want to go with.

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

Kazak_Hstan posted:

I didn't see MNF, how did Cohen look?

he looked like he was playing on a lovely field against a good defense that (correctly) didn't respect a rookie quarterback

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

pubic works project posted:

I would assume so, but AP wasn't getting many snaps to begin with. I'm more worried about what this means for David JohnsonAndre Ellington.

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

Am I dumb for wanting to use a waiver on Mariotta? My qb is Cousins and it's 4pt tds.

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

Pain of Mind posted:

Seems like a lateral move. Before the season started I liked Mariotta a little more, but they seem pretty similar at this point, and at least Cousins has had his bye.

Didn't matter, fortunately, someone with a higher priority wanted him too :v:

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

:thunk:

(I lost in my other league by less than a point :negative:)

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

SouthShoreSamurai posted:

I felt so good about my Diggs for Rodgers trade earlier this week.

:cry:

Please trade for Stafford next so that nobody in the NFC North has their starting QB anymore

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

kiimo posted:

The day after a loss is brutal.

(I) would trade Antonio Brown. (he) would trade Will Fuller, Matt Breida

lmao what

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

Starting to overthink stuff regarding OBJ in a keeper again

10 team keep 3 PPR with bonuses at yardage milestones. Players cost one round higher between years, first rounders can be kept in the first round. I have OBJ (1), Gurley (4), and DJ (5) and am still 5-1 with my lone loss being by less than a point this week. I drafted Thielen in the 13th round this year, am I crazy for trying to sell OBJ to someone who's out of it to try and get an RB or WR2? My current roster:

WR: Dez, Hopkins, Thielen, D. Adams, OBJ
RB: Gurley, Riddick, Smalwood, Mack, DJ
K and D don't matter

We start 3 WR 2 RB and 1 W/R/T flex

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

Anyone?

IcePhoenix posted:

Starting to overthink stuff regarding OBJ in a keeper again

10 team keep 3 PPR with bonuses at yardage milestones. Players cost one round higher between years, first rounders can be kept in the first round. I have OBJ (1), Gurley (4), and DJ (5) and am still 5-1 with my lone loss being by less than a point this week. I drafted Thielen in the 13th round this year, am I crazy for trying to sell OBJ to someone who's out of it to try and get an RB or WR2? My current roster:

WR: Dez, Hopkins, Thielen, D. Adams, OBJ
RB: Gurley, Riddick, Smalwood, Mack, DJ
K and D don't matter

We start 3 WR 2 RB and 1 W/R/T flex

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

kiimo posted:

But someone else isn't. This dude is trying to get the league to retroactively deny the trade (lol) and saying I fleeced the guy.

This is the same guy who offered me DeMarco Murray for Antonio Brown AND Alvin Kamara. :rolleyes:

Just reply to his outcry by posting that last line.

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

Don't worry American Dream I get what you're saying, everyone else is just being lazy.

The Vikings/Browns game is in London this week so I'm not entirely sure if their field is reliable or not, but I'd definitely check that just in case.

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

the_american_dream posted:

Thanks man. Appreciate the actual feedback in this thread where we go over random people doing random poo poo where our only control is studying opponents, player skills, and conditions hoping for the best

The best part is that immediately after shouting you down for daring to ask about a kicker we shifted into a discussion about a one week defensive fill-in

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

I got an interesting trade offer in my 10 team keeper this morning. It's PPR with bonus points at 100 yards

I Give:
Gurley (can keep in the 4th)
Last round pick in 2018

I get:
Cooper (1)
Murray (3)
third round pick in 2018

My roster
WR: Dez, Hopkins, Thielen(12), Adams, Kearse, OBJ (1)
RB: Gurley, Mack, Smallwood, Gore, DJ (5)
Kicker and defense

3 WR, 2 RB, 1 Flex

I'm leaning towards no, am I being dumb? Gurley has had 20 points in literally all but one week this year and I'm a little worried Murray is going to lose touches to Henry as the year goes on, and trading Gurley for him doesn't help my RB depth at all.

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

Three keepers, and yeah, that's who I'm keeping. I know this will come as a shock but I won the league last year thanks to OBJ and DJ (Gurley helped too)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

I had a chance to pick up Watson after his first good game and decided not to :(

e: looking at the Waiver Wire, Juju and Doyle are both available. Worth dropping Davante Adams, Jermaine Kearse, and/or Corey Davis for either?

IcePhoenix fucked around with this message at 15:12 on Oct 30, 2017

• Locked thread