Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Dr Cheeto
Mar 2, 2013
Wretched Harp
Tumbleseed comes out tomorrow for Switch, PS4, and Steam.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dr Cheeto
Mar 2, 2013
Wretched Harp

Sefal posted:

I've been wondering, Has there been a game where midway, or at the end a party member betrays you and takes all the equipment they had equiped with them?
It would be a dickmove, but surely a developer has done this?

YES, and it's called Baldur's Gate II

Dr Cheeto
Mar 2, 2013
Wretched Harp

Lizard Wizard posted:

Y'know who can't afford a Switch yet?

Disgaea right here!

:discourse:

Dr Cheeto
Mar 2, 2013
Wretched Harp
I'm playing Alien: Isolation and boy, the search pattern the Alien uses seems super tight. Alien just loving knows the exact closet I'm hiding in at any given time and pops in every few minutes for a quick, breathy "how do you do".

Dr Cheeto
Mar 2, 2013
Wretched Harp
The thing you like is anime, you like anime, you are an anime liker.

Dr Cheeto
Mar 2, 2013
Wretched Harp

Jay Rust posted:

It isn't anime because it's slow as gently caress

Guts was on a boat for nine years

Dr Cheeto
Mar 2, 2013
Wretched Harp
Revolutionary Girl Utena is cool and good

Tatami Galaxy continues to be my favorite tho

Dr Cheeto
Mar 2, 2013
Wretched Harp
Quake Champions got me to remember Quake Live still exists.

Dr Cheeto
Mar 2, 2013
Wretched Harp
I like the warm fuzzies from when a team gels well together

Dr Cheeto
Mar 2, 2013
Wretched Harp

exquisite tea posted:

Yeah but now you get to blame the 4 other people on your team and your 5 opponents for picking bad/OP heroes! That's like 9 whole more degrees of separation between you and admitting you're bad at video games.

The degrees of seperation don't make it any more or less likely that a player is gonna offload the blame to someone or something else, that's just a consequence of who the player is.

Dr Cheeto
Mar 2, 2013
Wretched Harp
MOBAs in general have long playtimes and high barriers to entry so I feel like that winnows down your playerbase somewhat and what's left over is a population of gamers who are biased towards toxic behavior. Add to that the multitude of ways you can slight or screw your own team over and it's a recipe for disaster.

Dr Cheeto
Mar 2, 2013
Wretched Harp
GOG Galaxy appears to have gotten cloud saves in a recent update, which is great, it was really one of the Steam features I didn't want to be without.

e: Cloud save support seems pretty spotty, though

Dr Cheeto
Mar 2, 2013
Wretched Harp
I don't believe in video games

Dr Cheeto
Mar 2, 2013
Wretched Harp
Maybe it represents Yoshi crafting a saddle from the skins of slain Koopas?

Dr Cheeto
Mar 2, 2013
Wretched Harp

GLAAD trash bags posted:

What about toad's mushroom head, is it a hat or part of his body?

It's part of a toad's anatomy, that's why all toad hats fit over it

E: and no, I don't know how Toadette's pigtails work

Dr Cheeto fucked around with this message at 14:57 on May 3, 2017

Dr Cheeto
Mar 2, 2013
Wretched Harp

:yikes:

Dr Cheeto
Mar 2, 2013
Wretched Harp
"people who like a thing I don't like are mentally ill"

Dr Cheeto
Mar 2, 2013
Wretched Harp

gently caress

Dr Cheeto
Mar 2, 2013
Wretched Harp

The Colonel posted:

remember the tenpenny tower quest where the ending that's portrayed as the good one later has the ghouls murder everyone inside and stuff their bodies in the basement, including the people who were always cool with them

Eat the rich

Dr Cheeto
Mar 2, 2013
Wretched Harp
Load up Bayonetta because it's 'wich time

Dr Cheeto
Mar 2, 2013
Wretched Harp
"every gun is a bioengineered organism" was a cool, gross gimmick

The battle rifle equivalent had a scope which was actually an eye-thing on a stalk that would attach itself to your face

Dr Cheeto fucked around with this message at 19:18 on May 6, 2017

Dr Cheeto
Mar 2, 2013
Wretched Harp

haveblue posted:

Also don't forget the monsters that are literally born out of wall vaginas.

Doors are assholes

Dr Cheeto
Mar 2, 2013
Wretched Harp

Grapplejack posted:

I mean mostly in the sense that you spend a majority of the early game preparing for a conflict, only in this case if you get ganked or outplayed your game is over and you have to restart in a new game.

If you don't like that aspect then you should jump into popular spots first thing and have silly fights with players who are about as ill-equipped as you.

Dr Cheeto
Mar 2, 2013
Wretched Harp
I'm bonking my wrench against props constantly fwiw

Dr Cheeto
Mar 2, 2013
Wretched Harp
It's actually called a spiny shell

Dr Cheeto
Mar 2, 2013
Wretched Harp
2017 is the current year

Dr Cheeto
Mar 2, 2013
Wretched Harp
Dang, Hitman 2016 was the platonic ideal of Hitman

Dr Cheeto
Mar 2, 2013
Wretched Harp

The Duck of Death posted:

The blue shell rant I posted on page 45 was a neogaf meltdown I thought was funny but I was too dumb to put in a quote box.

It's called a spiny shell

Dr Cheeto
Mar 2, 2013
Wretched Harp
I'm still melting down over changing the title of the amiibo thread to "amiibos"

Dr Cheeto
Mar 2, 2013
Wretched Harp
We all get a little DSP sometimes

Dr Cheeto
Mar 2, 2013
Wretched Harp

CharlieFoxtrot posted:

Wow, I forgot that the briefing video pans across the fence gap and it's also right on your screen when the mission starts. There's also a guard conversation opportunity that's right by it so you are encouraged to walk right up to it and a spotlight is shining on it too

Also, the floodlights were very deliberately placed to highlight all the gaps in the barbed wire.

Dr Cheeto
Mar 2, 2013
Wretched Harp

Guy Mann posted:

Also anybody who is already invested enough in a game to drop $60 to buy it at launch week is somebody whose experience is too effected by hype and expectations for me to take seriously, you need the people who get it a month later for half off at the very least before you start getting more balanced opinions. Remember how for like a week after it came out Resident Evil 7 was the best in the series and the greatest horror game in years and was gonna single-handedly save VR then after that nobody really talked about it or cared, or how Mankind Divided and FFXV being unfinished piles who weren't worth it didn't really start getting traction until the holidays sales?

How do you get a wifi signal when you're this far up your own rear end lol

Dr Cheeto
Mar 2, 2013
Wretched Harp

I hope and pray there's posts like this for Puyo Puyo games where you play arcade games with Satan

Dr Cheeto
Mar 2, 2013
Wretched Harp

FauxLeather posted:

You're not a true gamer unless you think Pewdiepie is a handsome man, and that's just a Gamer Fact.

That Nazi is real cute

Dr Cheeto
Mar 2, 2013
Wretched Harp
As a store-brand white man,

Dr Cheeto
Mar 2, 2013
Wretched Harp
I gotta get four more klansman buttcheeks so I can make a new wallet

Dr Cheeto
Mar 2, 2013
Wretched Harp

Lurdiak posted:

My name is George Soros and I've been paying the ESRB to reduce the boob size of all video game ladies for the past 6 years.

Jokes on you all the money they've saved modeling big boobs has been going into butts

Dr Cheeto
Mar 2, 2013
Wretched Harp

an actual dog posted:

I read an interview with a guy who translates the Yakuza games and the subject of the sexy minigames came up, which is something that Sega used to take out of the western ports of the series. He basically said that there's no way they could take them out anymore, because there would be so much backlash.

🤔

Is the backlash real? I assumed it was mostly breathless videos posted by a few dudes with anime avatars.

Dr Cheeto
Mar 2, 2013
Wretched Harp
Get this, nerds: all art is political

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dr Cheeto
Mar 2, 2013
Wretched Harp

In Training posted:

I take back everything bad I ever said about Awakening and Birthright's maps

Is Echoes that bad?