Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Genocide Tendency
Dec 24, 2009

I get mental health care from the medical equivalent of Skillcraft.

Deathy McDeath posted:

RE: budget stuff

Congress is....good????

Lets not get crazy now.

Its just smart enough to realize Trump's budget doesn't work and they aren't ready to fight out a real one. So they basically just extended the same poo poo we have had.

Also they can't write a new one until health care reform is finally sorted out and they decide if they are going to completely gently caress the tax code. Which is why they pushed everything back to September.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Genocide Tendency
Dec 24, 2009

Well yes. That is exactly what bipartisanship is. The problem is bipartisanship is not what Congress does anymore.

Genocide Tendency
Dec 24, 2009

So apparently there is going to be a Trump interview aired on SirrusXM 124 containing this:

https://twitter.com/IsaacDovere/status/859020505034231809

Apparently Trump thinks Andrew Jackson was a great person that was upset with the formation of the Confederate States, and would have prevented the Civil War.

Genocide Tendency
Dec 24, 2009

Its also missing the part where Andrew Jackson died 15 years before South Carolina became the first state to leave the Union.

Genocide Tendency
Dec 24, 2009

Zeroisanumber posted:

Yeah, but Jackson was a war hero and Trump's a chickenhawk and a cowardly bully.

Jackson also beat a man with his cane after the guy tried to shoot him with two different guns.

Which remans the only cool thing he has ever done.

Genocide Tendency
Dec 24, 2009

Zeroisanumber posted:

He teamed up with a dirty river pirate to whip the British at the Battle of New Orleans. That was pretty cool.

Oh right.. Always forget about that.

Genocide Tendency
Dec 24, 2009

Wasn't Shine the guy that Hannity was crying about being unfairly attacked last week?

Edit:

Eh.. Anyone can be a bullet sponge.

Just as long as he doesn't get a security clearance.

Genocide Tendency
Dec 24, 2009

Trump is presenting the Commander in Chief trophy to the Air Force Academy.

Everyone is standing outside with out their covers. What the gently caress?

Also whining about democrats over a 20 billion dollar increase in defense spending.

Edit: Now crying and whining about the boarder wall. Because that has everything to do with presenting a trophy for football....

AND NO ONE STILL HAS A GOD drat COVER ON.

Genocide Tendency fucked around with this message at 17:02 on May 2, 2017

Genocide Tendency
Dec 24, 2009

Proud Christian Mom posted:

The longer they're stuck listening to Trump to safer the co-eds are

Seems like a good time to discuss this..

Genocide Tendency
Dec 24, 2009

ded posted:

Here is one I cannot understand the how or why it would ever pass.

http://money.cnn.com/2017/05/02/news/economy/overtime-pay-bill-passes-house/index.html

gently caress you, no overtime pay. Instead you get to have 'time off' when the employer decides its ok.

What?

Seriously.

WHAT?!

Can you imagine how that would work for things like police or nurses? My wife puts in OT every week because they always need more nurses and gets called in on days off all the drat time.

Wait..

This is already a thing.

Like... Employers do this all the time. They bitch and cry about being short and "can you stay an extra hour we really need coverage because this lazy poo poo called out again and we will totes make up for it by letting you out early tomorrow..". Then they do that 3 of the 5 days a week, while running you right to the clock on the other two and when they find out you are in overtime after the fact they throw a gigantic poo poo fit about you not adhering to the schedule.

Or is that just a handful of states where that fuckery is legal? Because it was done all the time in more than one place I have worked.

Maybe I am misunderstanding something and this doesn't do what I think it does? Or I have been screwed by employers doing things they weren't legally allowed to do?

Genocide Tendency
Dec 24, 2009

Right. Re-read the thing and figured out what I was missing.

That thing is dead in the Senate so its not going anywhere.

quote:

Republicans, who hold 52 seats in the upper chamber, will need eight Democrats to vote in favor of the legislation to avoid a filibuster.

They aren't getting 8 votes from the blues for that pile of poo poo.

Genocide Tendency
Dec 24, 2009

ded posted:

If you have had that happen to you, yes it was illegal. If you work OT you get OT pay, period. It doesn't matter what they say if you work it they owe you. Employers will try to pull all kinds of things that are not actually legal and try to say they are.

This is one of the reasons unions happened.

No. Or at least not the way it reads.

What I originally thought was that the law would allow companies to give you time off or defer hours from the end of your work week if you worked over time. In other words say its Wednesday and you are already sitting on 32 hours because you were working late every day. Instead of working the remaining scheduled 16 hours and getting ot, they cut 4 hours both days or have you stay home one. Which would get you back down to 40.

What the bill actually does is you work 48 hours and instead of getting 8 hours of OT they just say we will eventually give you 8 hours of time off. Which is wage theft.

I knew when I first looked at it, I knew I had to be missing something and turns out I was.

Remember back in march when I :toxx: for that Trump watersports tape?

Here is the conformation email:

$25 to Puppies Behind Bars, $10 to Charity Nav and $1.67 to cover processing fees.

Edit: Fixed bad math.

Genocide Tendency fucked around with this message at 05:34 on May 3, 2017

Genocide Tendency
Dec 24, 2009

shame on an IGA posted:

W had stupid policies, but at least he knew what they were.

E: Also, Bush's public image is largely a result of his own success at presenting a carefully honed aw shucks beer-shareable persona crafted by Karl Rove. Look at any of his appearances while he was running for lower office and it is immediately apparent that he is a sharp, erudite, ivy-educated blue blood easterner.

https://youtu.be/k0yvLneDHpA

https://youtu.be/Z12lrlNsjgQ

No I don't believe this, but its always fun to link to.

Genocide Tendency
Dec 24, 2009

While demonstrating an astounding level of ignorance and managing to be loving wrong, he brings up an issue that at some point someone needs to explain.

How did he still have his clearance?

The President doesn't control it. But if there were so many issues surrounding Flynn, why didn't someone involved in security clearances at least look into it. If they did, HOW THE gently caress DID THEY THINK HE SHOULD HAVE KEPT IT? Thats what has really bugged me. Someone somewhere hosed up and let this rear end in a top hat keep a clearance he shouldn't have had.

Genocide Tendency
Dec 24, 2009

Mr. Nice! posted:

His clearance wasn't revoked because he wasn't fired for being in bed with Russians. After he separated from the military, his clearance went inactive just like anyone else's. It probably wasn't worth the hassle to revoke an inactive clearance and it was on the Trump clock that his clearance would have been reactivated.

The way I understand it, he had to have it reactivated/reauthorized in August 2016. That is probably where flags should have been raised. But when Obama and Yates both told Trump that there was a problem with Flynn, someone in the security game should have at least known about it. Did the FBI know Flynn had issues since they were already investigating Trump's campaign? If so why didn't the clearance investigators know? If they did, why did they clear him? Were they notified by the Justice department when Yates warned Trump? Were they notified when Obama warned Trump?

See a trend here? Somewhere along the lines, it looks like something broke down in keeping track of this rear end in a top hat.

I am not saying someone did something intentionally wrong. Or even did something wrong. But maybe, we need to find out how and if there are holes in the system that he managed to crawl through, we probably should fix that.

Genocide Tendency
Dec 24, 2009

"Soviet.. Excuse me Russian.. Freudian slip.."

:lol:

Genocide Tendency
Dec 24, 2009

Kawasaki Nun posted:

http://talkingpointsmemo.com/dc/sally-yates-michael-flynn-underlying-conduct-problematic

So if Flynn did something, that can't be disclosed due to confidential sourcing, but the Russian's were aware of? Some kind of underage honeypot operation? Hooker strangler? Seems like it'd have to be both insidious and depraved considering this dude was a General.

If he cut a deal with the Russians. Any kind of deal. Its a REAL BIG PROBLEM.

What kicked all this off was when the Obama administration kicked a bunch of Russian agents out of the country and announced increased sanctions, Flynn hopped on the phone that day to the Kremlin and had a chat. His position was that they never discussed the new sanctions and the agents who were kicked out.

Keep in mind every time we imposed sanctions (like the ones from the Crimea incident) or simply voiced displeasure over what ever bullshit they had stuck their nose into, they threw a fit.

Yet they didn't over this.

The implication is that Flynn struck a deal where they were told to shut up and ride it out and Trump would make the sanctions go away. That is highly illegal. Which is where blackmail comes in. There Russians have it on tape and transcripts. So now, knowing that could essentially destroy Flynn and possibly Trump, he becomes a major liability. Anything and everything they want, he has to fork over so they don't tell the world what kind of fuckery he has been engaged in.

The terrifying thing is, if he did a back door weasel deal over sanctions, what else did he back door? Just how much poo poo has he done to screw the US. Also keep in mind, its not just about bailing them out of one incident. Its all the potential poo poo he did, and would have been able to do had he not been fired.

He may have dusted a few hookers, but he may have also tried to sell the US, its policies or secrets to the Russians.

Genocide Tendency
Dec 24, 2009

Yea.. If they paid their pilots and flight staff they wouldn't have this problem.

gently caress Spirit.

Genocide Tendency
Dec 24, 2009

I take a loving early day to go see a concert and this is what these fucks do while I'm gone..

Can't leave any loving body to their own devices for a God drat afternoon.

Genocide Tendency
Dec 24, 2009

Wait.. I thought it was because he was too aggressive with "Hillary's Emails"...

Are they really trying to spin both sides of that?

Because I'm pretty sure that would be the best thing ever.

Genocide Tendency
Dec 24, 2009

Mr. Nice! posted:

No the AG and DAG letters specifically said that Comey overstepped his authority by saying there would be no prosecution and that the case was closed. It was wrong to have a press conference about any of it, and these actions erode the faith in the office.

Like seriously, that's the reason.

Then I read a bogus story on twitter. Good to know.

Genocide Tendency
Dec 24, 2009

M_Gargantua posted:

Guess what!

https://www.cbo.gov/publication/52715

E; not the good kind of guess what, the CBO might not get a score out before the senate fucks us all

KildarX posted:

I thought the Senate has to wait or they can't do the reconciliation thingy.

They can't do poo poo with out a CBO score.

To push this through they have to do it under reconciliation, or have 60 votes. They don't have 60 votes.

To do it under reconciliation, which you would only need 51 votes, it has to meet some bizarre rules. At one point some of the stuff in the bill didn't even qualify as part of reconciliation so those parts would have to be removed. CBO is the road block and Senate Reds would need to spend 2 months re-writing all the Senate rules to bypass it. They aren't going to do that just to push a worse re-write of a bill that had 17% support of the general public. They have no choice but to make it more moderate or just dump it into a shredder and start over from scratch.

Genocide Tendency
Dec 24, 2009

hobbesmaster posted:

It only takes 51 votes to change the rules of the senate. Even if they do not explicitly kill the filibuster 51 votes could say that "this bill totally counts".

Slight problem: that would require 50 people in the senate to support this thing.

You missed where I said:

Genocide Tendency posted:

CBO is the road block and Senate Reds would need to spend 2 months re-writing all the Senate rules to bypass it. They aren't going to do that just to push a worse re-write of a bill that had 17% support of the general public.

They would have to kill the filibuster or do it under reconciliation.

Killing the filibuster would be the "2 months re-writing all the Senate rules" part. Because thats what would happen due to all the issues with doing it. Like convincing several republicans to agree to it. They are not going to ram this pile of poo poo though the way the house did. They will rewrite parts of the AHCA because their majority is already highly endangered. McConnell is a loving idiot who would do something stupid like ram this steaming pile of poo poo through, but there are enough smart GOP senators who will not let it happen and force him to pump the breaks.

The House is a loving clown show. The Senate is much more aware of their situation and will be much more careful in the way it attempts to gently caress the American public.

Genocide Tendency
Dec 24, 2009

North Korea launching/firing poo poo again.

Genocide Tendency
Dec 24, 2009

I'm missing something here. Why can't he be prosecuted until after impeachment? I thought they needed charges to start impeachment.

Genocide Tendency
Dec 24, 2009

That's a loving stupid rule.

Genocide Tendency
Dec 24, 2009

So how many people does NSA Wizard kill before posting his frowny face smiley?

Genocide Tendency
Dec 24, 2009

Waroduce posted:

I also just don't understand the oh throw the book at em type of drug sentence. It's like none of those people have ever talked to an addict. It's a loving disease man locking em up ain't solving the problem and the draconian measures aren't a deterent. No one
stopped shooting heroin cause they were facing a dime sentence or something.

They aren't interested in fixing the problem. They want to feed bodies into the for profit prison system so their cronies can bank off it.

Edit:

Any idea what it said? Account is now suspended.

Genocide Tendency
Dec 24, 2009

Spicer's body will be found hanging from a shower curtain rod and it will be the only believable suicide surrounding this administration.

facialimpediment posted:

Weird. It was the cover of McMaster's book herewhere he basically argued that Generals that just do what the President wants are dumb and bad and it's the responsibility of Generals to actually go against the president, at least in advice, if the President wants to do something stupid.

Ah.

And that email had to be priceless to read. What does it say that Bush's people are outraged by this.

Genocide Tendency
Dec 24, 2009

psydude posted:

I'm curious because I think you're the voter that Democrats need to reach most: someone who didn't vote for Hillary but who loathes and is confused by Trump. Like, what do people who wanted to Trump That Bitch because of her e-mails think about this? In an objective, retrospective sense (I absolutely do not mean to be condescending), was it worth it?

Many of them didn't vote for trump either. No idea what Godholio did. But many went 3rd party/write in or chose not to vote for president.

Genocide Tendency
Dec 24, 2009

ded posted:

Trump has been spilling secrets since BEFORE he got sworn in. This is not a new thing he is doing.

There is a difference between spilling secrets and completely loving up the ability to work with foreign contacts under the table for sweet sweet intel that actually helps protect this country.

Trump did the latter.

LtCol J. Krusinski posted:

He provided intel from an allied source in ISIS pertaining to airplane bombing plans with laptops.

He has the authority to do that.

The optics are awful, and there might be blowback from our allies.. but Trump is entirely within his discretion to do this.

Yes its legal. Thats not the problem.

Its selling out sources who were operating under a "tell no one" agreement with probably the CIA. He just ruined a very important intel tool. You know better than most of us what a gently caress up this was.

Genocide Tendency
Dec 24, 2009

Whats real loving stupid about this is how we are going to have to hear that rust belt voters don't care because *JOBS*.

Motherfuckers who don't care about this are straight loving retarded. He just hosed our national security. No reasonable intel agency outside of the US should work with us until Trump, Pence, the entire administration and the GOP propping him up is out of the government. Our own Intel agencies shouldn't be briefing him on the god drat traffic conditions in DC he is that loving incompetent and dangerous.

Genocide Tendency
Dec 24, 2009

Reverand maynard posted:

how does washington post know trump leaked to the russians?

The impression that I got was right after the meeting they realized that Trump verbally poo poo out our non disclosure intel so they had to notify the CIA and NSA, then scrub all the internal memos of important details. It wasn't that someone inside the meeting leaked the details, it was someone involved in trying to cover up and do damage control.

Apparently WaPo has all the details on exactly what was said, down to the actual intel that was spilled. It is so accurate and detailed that they called people in the IC/White house to find out what they needed to cut out so they didn't get our intel source killed.

WaPo: more responsible with national security than the president.

Genocide Tendency
Dec 24, 2009

I thought the issue with IDR was him making GBS threads on trannies while dating one?

Genocide Tendency
Dec 24, 2009

Mr. Nice! posted:

No he was a massive liar about everything. That was just part of it.

Jokes :ssh:

Also:

https://twitter.com/dangillmor/status/864615655366025216

Genocide Tendency
Dec 24, 2009

Yea... Its just piling on at this point but.....

https://twitter.com/BraddJaffy/status/864817830813982720

No tapes, no one who knows what the gently caress is going on, no real escape from Donnie being a dumbfuck..

Also.. If you live in the midwest, get ready for another tornado outbreak today. If you live in TX, OK, Nebraska you are on deck for tomorrow.

Edit:

GoGoGadget posted:

lol they allowed the Russians to record within the White House? Is this normal?

No. Its actually the reason that they shouldn't have allowed Russians into the Oval Office in the first place.

Genocide Tendency
Dec 24, 2009

Reverand maynard posted:

we need a WWE commentator during the hearing

Steve Machett and David Hobbs.

:colbert:

M_Gargantua posted:

Cool anime katana skills are very applicable in dystopian futures!

This story will be so much cooler if it ends in reds committing seppuku on the steps of the capitol.

Capn Beeb posted:

Can Sessions get booted out too? I feel a lot of people are complicit with this poo poo.

Gimme President Mattis please

Jokes aside, yes.

In fact, don't be surprised if it happens.

Genocide Tendency
Dec 24, 2009

https://twitter.com/mollyesque/status/864924849797464064

Genocide Tendency
Dec 24, 2009

facialimpediment posted:

The news tornado does not know how to slow down and we all live in a trailer park.

Tornado you say??

Idiot proposes to girlfriend in front of tornado.

You decide if he is an idiot for either proposing in front of a tornado or proposing.

Also:

https://twitter.com/jdawsey1/status/864674484615348224

:newlol:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Genocide Tendency
Dec 24, 2009

Do you eat a ban only in impeachment and conviction? Or if he resigns is it :rip:?

Because he will resign.

• Locked thread