Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Will Jon Jones ever fight in the UFC again?
This poll is closed.
Yes 59 56.73%
No 45 43.27%
Total: 104 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

• Locked thread
Tezcatlipoca
Sep 18, 2009
He also gets dropped every fight so I could see him getting knocked out by any of the other heavyweights and never contending again.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tezcatlipoca
Sep 18, 2009

Triticum Guzzler posted:

i think he's very good, i just don't get the feeling like looking at say cain (rip) that this guy is head and shoulders above everyone. i also think the struve loss was bs and he got poked in the eye but i have never bothered to go back and watch it to see if that's true.

Iirc he slips right before Struve punches him but I may be thinking of the hundreds of other times that's happened.

Tezcatlipoca
Sep 18, 2009

Work Friend Keven posted:

Stipes only exceptional skill is his ability to move like a good LHW for a round to a round and a half, iirc.

His hands are accurate and fast for heavyweight.

Tezcatlipoca
Sep 18, 2009
"The event saw a record 10 of 11 underdogs win, following the first bout.[9] This cost online gambling site Bovada nearly $1 million, including a $48,291 payout on a $1 parlay."

Tezcatlipoca
Sep 18, 2009
And his corner pleading at him to stop circling into Hendo's punch which I assumed they worked on during that camp.

Tezcatlipoca
Sep 18, 2009
Bisping would still get killed by the entire top 5 which is why he's fighting a retired welterweight.

Tezcatlipoca
Sep 18, 2009

I do the same but I've never had to beat anyone up for obvious reasons.

That software isn't going to program itself.

Tezcatlipoca
Sep 18, 2009
Why would you want to watch Meisha Tate take another huge poo poo in the cage, again?

Tezcatlipoca
Sep 18, 2009
Yeah get that garbage the gently caress out of here.

Tezcatlipoca
Sep 18, 2009
They probably didn't expect it to go down like that.

Tezcatlipoca
Sep 18, 2009
Milling never went away.

Tezcatlipoca
Sep 18, 2009
Almost everyone who punches mills their hands. Some fighters do it more or are better at it. It's not some lost art or something that only a few people know about.

Tezcatlipoca
Sep 18, 2009

tooterfish posted:

milling (as in "letting someone punch you") was brought up first.

I've never heard of it being used in that context and because it is extremely stupid I will continue to ignore it.

Tezcatlipoca
Sep 18, 2009
I think it is a mistake to confine his ignorance to just feints or just jabs.

Tezcatlipoca
Sep 18, 2009
The jab is like the safest, most varied and efficient strike available what the gently caress?

Tezcatlipoca
Sep 18, 2009
Ben Rothwell probably did.

Tezcatlipoca
Sep 18, 2009

Gay Horney posted:

jabs in MMA are behind a smaller glove so they're harder to defend.

I fixed it for you. If you don't know what you're talking about you probably shouldn't be so adamant about it.

Tezcatlipoca
Sep 18, 2009
Notice I didn't say anything about training, you dunce.

https://zippy.gfycat.com/PlushAcidicGuineapig.webm

https://zippy.gfycat.com/BlissfulBaggyDromedary.webm

Tezcatlipoca fucked around with this message at 05:14 on May 9, 2017

Tezcatlipoca
Sep 18, 2009

Bubba Smith posted:

I do think Ben Rothwell could beat a rusty Cain Velasquez, so in theory he coulda been champion.

Cain has been injured a bunch, I know, but he is still way faster than Rothwell and would just single leg him and beat him up again.

Edit: If you haven't seen the first fight you should watch it if only for Rothwell complaining about the stoppage after taking what seemed like a galaxy's worth of punches and elbows to the head.

Edit 2:vvv That was incredible, yeah.

Tezcatlipoca fucked around with this message at 05:39 on May 9, 2017

Tezcatlipoca
Sep 18, 2009

Mr. Carlisle posted:

So have we already discussed Kelvin's last win getting overturned? Didn't see it on the last few pages.

God drat it, Kelvin.

The tests are bogus and the penalty is even worse so I choose to blame Brazil not Kelvin.

Tezcatlipoca
Sep 18, 2009
Yeah the white IT dudes are the guys keeping up with the bleeding edge of networking technology and street slang.

Tezcatlipoca
Sep 18, 2009

I.N.R.I posted:

Theyre not really made of gold

It's gold plated but not solid gold.

Tezcatlipoca
Sep 18, 2009
If anyone should be allowed to do steroids it's Penne.

Tezcatlipoca
Sep 18, 2009

Gay Horney posted:

Frankie will duck under a kick push Yair to the fence and beat him up

Yair's too big, too athletic and is going to kick him until his body breaks down or his brain shuts off.

Tezcatlipoca
Sep 18, 2009

It's really good to cheat.

José Aldo is the greatest of all time.

Tezcatlipoca
Sep 18, 2009

Snowman_McK posted:

gently caress it's amazing how much killing an elderly, confused Hawaiian changed Yair's image and made people completely forget when him and Bruce Leeroy spent 25 minutes spinning around in locations vaguely related to the location of the other fighter.

Well he did it for 25 minutes in Mexico City. Most dudes can't keep that up for a round.

Tezcatlipoca
Sep 18, 2009

cis autodrag posted:

why do we constantly have to devolve into this high school rear end who-hates-who-more poo poo? make fun of the dumb posts and don't make it so personal with the poster.

Well why does waffle come in here with dumb poo poo opinions on subjects he has no knowledge in? Don't put that on other people.

Tezcatlipoca
Sep 18, 2009

willie_dee posted:

via a professional health person monitoring them

I see you got jokes.

JaySB posted:

Guys with money

We are talking about mixed martial artists.

Tezcatlipoca
Sep 18, 2009
Dillashaw has a lot more trouble when he isn't the clearly faster fighter. His wrestling would still be a concern though.

Tezcatlipoca
Sep 18, 2009

Bundt Cake posted:

Last time I thought this was that Aldo would KO Conor

You were right though Aldo blasted Conor with a punch and cut his face open. It's just that Aldo got put all the way to sleep right before.

Tezcatlipoca
Sep 18, 2009

evobatman posted:

E: Schevchenko has no less than 3 amateur wins over Joanna. Maybe if Bullet can make 125, where Joanna has made it very clear she wants to go.

I'm gonna guess that neither of them were amateurs and were in fact competing in a different sport. They also fought at 125lbs.

Tezcatlipoca
Sep 18, 2009

Bundt Cake posted:

Stipe would kill jon jones

It'd be like the Gus fight except everything would hurt Jones instead of just bothering him slightly.

Tezcatlipoca
Sep 18, 2009
I don't remember Masvidal doing anything in the first round except at the very end when he was on top.

Tezcatlipoca
Sep 18, 2009
Maia's takedowns are really good because he switches between bjj and wrestling techniques/positions really fluidly. Usually when someone shoots and gets sprawled out into half guard that means the takedown was defended well. With Maia you're in just as much danger from a position that usually means you're safe.

Tezcatlipoca
Sep 18, 2009

Bundt Cake posted:

he had a close and great fight with the champ hendricks and the weird L to Woodley. hed already transcended to the top at that point. After you put GSP in legit danger and a good fight for the first time in years, you graduate a little bit.

You have all these qualifiers for a fighter that Maia submitted in a couple of minutes.

Maia made Anderson so afraid of his power that Silva ran away for 3 rounds.

Edit: Condit's loss to Woodley wasn't weird. He ran into right hands over and over then Woodley kicked him and he got injured. To me that says Condit got his loving rear end kicked.

Tezcatlipoca fucked around with this message at 05:42 on May 16, 2017

Tezcatlipoca
Sep 18, 2009

Unfunny Poster posted:

It was a single kick that caused his knee to blow out. I wouldn't say that's an rear end kicking and just a freak accident like when Silva broke his leg in the rematch. It's a loss sure but it's still a random, unintended injury that stops the fight before either guy is expecting it.

That's why I also mentioned the times Condit got punched really hard.

Tezcatlipoca
Sep 18, 2009
I want to see Edgar at 135 just to see what it looks like when he has a size advantage.

Tezcatlipoca
Sep 18, 2009
Tony Ferguson and Aljamain Sterling are two other funk wrestlers in mma. El Cucuy especially rolls all the time for no reason and it is cool as gently caress.

Tezcatlipoca
Sep 18, 2009

Bundt Cake posted:

Its totally normal and not weird, thats why it happens almost never

Stipe Miocic just got his leg hosed up by two kicks. Larkin kicked Magney once and he was hopping around on one leg. There are tons of other examples of people getting injured by leg kicks. Alejandro Perez hosed up Scott Jorgensen with a few low leg kicks.

Tezcatlipoca fucked around with this message at 18:33 on May 16, 2017

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tezcatlipoca
Sep 18, 2009

Bundt Cake posted:

Totally agree leg kicks are an effective attack

Bundt Cake posted:

Its totally normal and not weird, thats why it happens almost never

Oh okay

• Locked thread