Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

boxcarhobo
Jun 23, 2005

Play tekken, its good

Brosnan is gonna make fun of me for only playing the game for a week but jokes on him I'll play it for two just to spite him

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

boxcarhobo
Jun 23, 2005

Gavok posted:

Pumped for story mode.

mods, change my name to RIPSPLISTS!!

boxcarhobo
Jun 23, 2005

Chill Nazi Frog posted:

Is Zafina in this game and is she still the cutest?

no

boxcarhobo
Jun 23, 2005

Macarius Wrench posted:

And Jack.

And Bruce.

no bruce in 7 ;~;

just josie, who is cool, but she doesnt have back 2 so WHATS THE drat POINT

boxcarhobo
Jun 23, 2005

does anyone have tag2 on ps3 and would like to occasionally gently caress around in it before t7 comes out? Preferably east coast but w/e ill play anyone that isnt brosnan because he isnt fun to play

boxcarhobo
Jun 23, 2005

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uO4SKdyO8xI

boxcarhobo
Jun 23, 2005

miguel: hunky spaniard who kicks rear end

that guy: some wino

boxcarhobo
Jun 23, 2005

inthesto posted:

Actually Eric Jacobus owns super hard

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=G5xAbp1SW5c

yeah i was more just commenting on the style and how it made him look

boxcarhobo
Jun 23, 2005

Manic_Misanthrope posted:

Played a bit at MCM earlier today. It's fun but boy howdy am I bad at fighting games. Nina might be my go-to if I get it going forward.

I don't want to dissuade you from using whatever waifu you have your heart set on, but her go to damage BnBs are kind of tough since they rely on hitting while standing moves quickly and consistently

boxcarhobo
Jun 23, 2005

Medullah posted:

I mained Nina in 1, 2, 3 and 5, but didn't play much 6. Am I in for a bad time wading in with her? I know she's high execution but assuming she hasn't changed THAT much it's probably better that I stick with her than try someone I've got no experience, right?

Absolutely, brosnan knows more than I, and if you already know her move set pretty well go for it. You'd have enough to get away with while you work on the timing of her harder stuff. The other guy just seemed very new, and I feel like there are other characters better suited to someone with little fighting game experience.

boxcarhobo
Jun 23, 2005

Your Computer posted:

What are the characters best suited for complete beginners anyway? I decided on Feng because I think he's :krad: but other than having a million useful attacks to memorize he seems pretty beginner-friendly so I guess I lucked out?

they're in the beautiful and thorough OP that brosnan worked so hard to put together, along with a lot of other cool and good info for new players, you should check it out

boxcarhobo
Jun 23, 2005

sexpig by night posted:

oh yea I'm also apparently on the wrong trolley getting this on PSN. I'm at SirBadgington if anyone wants to wreck me as I desperately try to remember my combos

I am 99% sure that PSN will have a significantly larger player base, but all the fun goons are gonna be on pc. Hell I'll probably double dip if there are as many more psn players as I think there will be.

boxcarhobo
Jun 23, 2005

GOD DAMMIT FAM, I AM SO JACKED FOR TEKKEN THIS WEEKEND AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA

i even used vacation time for this friday, specifically to play tekken

boxcarhobo
Jun 23, 2005

Brosnan posted:

If you were a true friend you would hold off till Sunday evening in solidarity w/ me.

i mean when you body me for free itll be exactly the same as if i hadnt been playing at all, so

boxcarhobo
Jun 23, 2005

pissdude posted:

i think panda and kuma are the same character aside from their rage art?

nope

upon further research, yep

boxcarhobo
Jun 23, 2005

Truth be told, Tekken 4 IS the best game of the franchise. More realistic than Tag 2 and 6 imo

boxcarhobo
Jun 23, 2005

Agreed 100%. Plenty of these characters were set up for great story potential in their debut titles (I'm looking at you, Asuka!) but all Harada has done since is reduce them into one-note, cringe-worthy jokes. I've always been a die-hard Tekken fan, but Christ... as of now, the series doesn't even hold a candle to NetherRealm's quality output.

boxcarhobo
Jun 23, 2005

THIS IS EXACTLY WHAT I'VE BEEN SAYING, I can't believe Bandai Namco who made blood vengeance, a good CGI animated movie could not do something good, i really hope there's a patch that sorts this out. Look at Injustice 2, superb gameplay graphics, i mean Koei Tecmo does it best, why can't Bandai follow in the footsteps. Now game developers make the game play graphics look very similar to the cinematic scenes. Bandai needs to progress, i'm honestly dissappointed

boxcarhobo
Jun 23, 2005

CharlieFoxtrot posted:

Everyone was saying to buy it on the PC, what's with all this last-minute doomsaying

if you got it on pc you're fine, just get on the discord and play with the cool goons

boxcarhobo
Jun 23, 2005

Buhbuhj posted:

tekken gaben, where is it???

boxcarhobo
Jun 23, 2005

guys.

guys.

its good.

boxcarhobo
Jun 23, 2005

fadam posted:

How is breaking throws in this game different than other Tekkens?

before, you had to break left hand throws (1+3) with 1 and right hand throws (2+4) with 2. Now you can break them with 1 OR 2, both work. However, if its a command throw, you have to guess the correct hand still.

boxcarhobo
Jun 23, 2005

Booyah- posted:

I thought with command throws the break needs to be 1+2? Or am I wrong. Most command throws seem not to come from either side but with both hands at once.

or yeah, thats it. I think. I haven't tested that part yet, but I know for command throws its different and now instead of having to be quick enough to read the throws or just guess like us scrubs usually do for every throw, its just command vs regular i think.

sorry I'm drunk

e: actually reading more, I'm not sure. I think command throws can still come from the left or right, and you have to read those properly?

https://www.reddit.com/r/Tekken/comments/323cfc/tekken_7_new_school_throw_breaking/

boxcarhobo fucked around with this message at 05:15 on Jun 2, 2017

boxcarhobo
Jun 23, 2005

Night Blade posted:

Thanks to OP, I think I can grasp where to start in this game. It doesn't sound 100% necessary to memorize all 188 of King's moves right away.

there's definitely about 15-20 moves you should focus on hitting with at first, and then work on defense/movement as well. That list of the top 15 moves or w/e for each char is a great starting point. I'm legit surprised there isn't any tutorial or anything like that for this one, the tag2 tutorial was not bad and I just assumed they'd build on it. It's not great expecting people new to the genre or even just new to tekken specifically to know where to go and where to find this stuff, but just feel good that being a goon gives you that slight advantage in having a cool rear end dude like Brosnan put it together in the OP for us.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

boxcarhobo
Jun 23, 2005

CaptCommy posted:

1 is back left and down. Look at a computer numpad

haha, ha

yeah no, tekken does 1 is left punch, 2 is right punch, 3 is left kick, 4 is right kick. f= forward, b=back, d = down, u = up.

fighting game notation is game specific and therefore kind of a dick.