Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

cjg
Sep 5, 2003

notthegoatseguy posted:

So Michael J Anderson (Man from Another Place) has apparently gone completely off the deep end and is trashing TP and Lynch on social media. His Facebook is full of pro-Trump stuff and its unfortunate that he won't be a part of the show.

For a sec, I thought "Well Kimmy Robertson is a political nutjob and she was able to put things aside for the reboot." Then I googled and realized I was mixing up Kimmy Robertson and Victoria Jackson. Sorry, Kimmy.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

cjg
Sep 5, 2003

So this was on my feed today, posted by an SJW who earlier said "You know, the new Twin Peaks just isn't doing it for me":

https://thebaffler.com/bread-and-circuses/it-is-happening-again-orr

"To borrow Showtime’s catchphrase for the new Twin Peaks, “It is happening again.” In this case, the “it” is the stereotypical rendering of black people."

cjg
Sep 5, 2003

Mover posted:

Shut up you dipshit

Umm...he self identifies as that. *shrug*

cjg
Sep 5, 2003

Rageaholic Monkey posted:

She looks like an alien to me. Lynch is great at finding beauty in abnormal looking people through his entire filmography, but she's not my kind of attractive.

Yeah. I think Darya's and Becky's eyes are abnormally far apart, like an alien.

cjg
Sep 5, 2003

moist turtleneck posted:

There's some big fan theory that Dougie is in like 2007 a la housing crash but I think that's kind of dumb

Like they base it off of that one blackberry and in the same scene there's a computer with Windows 7 running

But every other computer I've seen on the show appears to be running Windows 7 as well

How to those people explain away the "See you in 25 years"?

cjg
Sep 5, 2003

Who was the guy that took the cigarette box/money from the smoking kid? What was that all about?

cjg
Sep 5, 2003

Fados posted:

The obverse of this are the also endless discussions about how Tamara's characer is just a patriarchal indulgence from Lynch that only serves our male gaze pleasure and that's why she has long shots of walking like a female NPC from GTA Vice City (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VODNDjXuMhE). This then goes much further and gets mixed up with her personal career in that her band is bad, her live performances underwhelming, that she was only casted, again because of Lynch's preverted lustful indulgences, etc. So yeah, you get crazy lunatic fans of all types.

Don't Gordon and Albert stare at her rear end while she walks away and Albert says something like "Well I'm feeling better now."

cjg fucked around with this message at 23:19 on Jun 8, 2017

cjg
Sep 5, 2003

mary had a little clam posted:

I get what Truman's Wife's character was going for, but she didn't just have in-fiction obnoxious character quirks, she does bad actor habits that rookie actors do.

Like in that clip, it's humorously exasperated until about the 51 second mark and she starts doing these hand motions that are things inexperienced actors do when they don't know what to do with their hands. Like at 1:06 as she says "Frank", she limply swoops her arms out to the side. It looks dumb. I watch pro wrestling, and you see it with indie wrestlers cutting promos all the time. They make these gestures off to the side that are kind of meaningless but give their hands something to do.

She's been acting since 1972. Perhaps that's before you were born? She received a nomination for an Academy Award for Best Supporting Actress in American Graffiti. She also played opposite David Bowie in The Man Who Fell to Earth.

I wouldn't call her a rookie/inexperienced actor.

cjg
Sep 5, 2003

Lynch himself even said Season 2 sucks.

cjg
Sep 5, 2003

You are very, very against this, eh?

cjg
Sep 5, 2003

Yeah, that's just a bowl of mac and cheese.

cjg
Sep 5, 2003

I went back and looked at the final scene. I didn't see any reflection in the window, much less one out of sync or Ed reacting to it. He's just looking out the window and the cars go by. I think people are looking for things that aren't there.

cjg
Sep 5, 2003

CJacobs posted:

You can physically see ed with the cup down but still up in the reflection :confused:

OK. I see it now. Looks like a mistake to me.

cjg
Sep 5, 2003

http://imgur.com/a/Sj20W

The David Lynch Foundation sponsored this? Supports this? Hmm....

cjg
Sep 5, 2003

Oh..it's in the original? Durr on me.

cjg
Sep 5, 2003

Did Booper ask Jeffries if he had called him or contacted him on his phone or what was that?

cjg
Sep 5, 2003

Rageaholic Monkey posted:

I like that several posters in the thread are on this crusade to prove me wrong and shame me about this lol

Like I admit I have mental issues, but y'all have more issues than me which makes me seem sane by comparison and that's kinda loving bonkers

Here's a tip about moving past this: Stop Responding. Let it die. Don't even acknowledge this post.

cjg
Sep 5, 2003

People have been saying that the Fireman is potentially malicious. When Booper traveled through the Lodge Transport System (man, that room with Briggs' head and the golden tube was so much like a 90's video game, I loved it), the image first showed Sarah Palmer's place, then the Fireman swiped it over to the Sheriff's Station. When Booper landed, didn't he say "What's this place?" or something like that? What if the Fireman pranked him and didn't send him where he wanted to go but instead moved him to where Freddie was?

cjg
Sep 5, 2003

I love moist turtleneck gifs.

cjg
Sep 5, 2003

G-III posted:

Another sly way to keep people guessing and tuning back in to the next episode.

Do you think that David Lynch was thinking "Hmm....what can I write here to keep them tuning back in to the next episode?"

cjg
Sep 5, 2003

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=N_Qwo8sT9U0 (Moby - Go)

This showed up on a mix today and reminded me of the early 90's. There was something very special about the way the nation fixated on Twin Peaks. It might have had something to do with no social media or cell phones or streaming video. And the Simpsons were funny.

cjg
Sep 5, 2003

Rupert Buttermilk posted:

Ha, that's totally me. I had a newborn!! :argh:

We tossed our newborn in an extra pack-n-play in the living room during his day naps. I was totally surprised at the amount of noise he happily slept through. Now that he's 2, there is no chance for that.

cjg
Sep 5, 2003

And More posted:

David Lynch clearly stated that Bowie isn't a tea pot. He's a tin machine.

:dance:

cjg
Sep 5, 2003

Volte posted:

Another thing I never noticed is that the room where Cooper meets Naido and American Girl is the same room where Jeffries appears.

Are you sure? That just looks like similar architecture to me.

cjg
Sep 5, 2003

Maelstache posted:

And that's fine because that isn't what I said. Jesus gently caress.

You said that "people were making "they must be in hell/heaven/purgatory" predictions from like day one." Isn't that the same as "the entire time"?

cjg
Sep 5, 2003

pyrotek posted:

It is too weird to get a ton of awards

The original wasn't.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_awards_and_nominations_received_by_Twin_Peaks

cjg
Sep 5, 2003

We're well beyond the need for spoiler tags, eh?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

cjg
Sep 5, 2003

Quote-Unquote posted:

Not a hippie, but Ted Raimi just trying to get a beer, man!

He's credited as "Heavy Metal Youth".