Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

I will probably buy it on PC so I can play with people I know again, but who cares Destiny 2!!!

Bring back Thunderlord and also Peter Dinklage

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

xzzy posted:

First batch of guns in Destiny 2 should all be made out of scrap iron we find scattered around our exploded vaults.

It should be the Khvostov again. The one thing the Cabal spared.

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

limaCAT posted:

You just had to wait until christmas to declare victory, in the meanwhile you could have mocked the people talking about their ryzens with 32gb of ram and 15 minutes crucible waiting queue.

I will not enjoy this part of the PC port but oh well

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

Rest in peace Dinklebot.

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

I miss gearing for Atheon for the first time. Razor blade mohawk for my roboman, spikes all over the legs and shoulders, and a dishtowel for good luck.

e: Whatever happened to that Marathon project that was thrown around in documents anyway

RBA Starblade fucked around with this message at 18:21 on May 19, 2017

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

haveblue posted:

I think he meant a clause in one of the leaked Activision contracts approving a project that had something to do with the Marathon IP. I don't think there have been any public announcements ever traced back to that.

Yeah I meant that one.

Aleph One's some good poo poo though.

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

YA BOY ETHAN COUCH posted:

Just lol if you own an actual PC in tyool 2017

Same but the bone.

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

Playing the beta! I start at level 20 does that mean it read anything or does everyone?

My first thoughts were, in order:

Oh no the Cabal!
Thanks for nothing Rasputin you shithead
Rip Dinklebot Prime

It's good to be playing Destiny again.

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

el B posted:

Ya it definitely read

Thanks I appreciate it, bone krewman

Rally barricade kind of sucks.

RBA Starblade fucked around with this message at 01:10 on Jul 22, 2017

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

Shoulder Charge being a cooldown sucks.

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

Having finished the singleplayer stuff, yep, it's Destiny. I'm still probably getting the pc version but I might wait a bit because the classes don't feel as good to me, at least as a Titan.

quote:

My only problem with Shoulder Charge is that I'm gay (in the bad, idiot trash way) and sometimes either whiff it or wing them in the shoulder and I somehow can't turn around fast enough with my garbage sensitivity to get the follow-up punch and get punched to death.

Just about all I did in the Crucible in 1 was shoulder charge everywhere and occasionally take a potshot with a shotgun. :v:

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

Wow, Fist of Havoc sucks a whole lot worse in pvp than it used to. The Striker feels like poo poo in general in it.

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

I mean I know it's a beta and all but pvp just feels bad. I feel like I barely use my powers or abilities at all, shoulder charge feels weak as gently caress, the fist is pretty blah, and the barricades are okay I guess. SBMM is awful though. The gunplay's still good at least. The pve was fun so I'll get it just for that again but half the fun was the pvp and pve interconnectivity.

Astoundingly Ugly Baby posted:

One time in D1 I killed the whole opposing team with a single Fist of Havoc after they huddled inside a Defender's bubble. I don't think that it will feel like such an accomplishment with 4v4 matches with shittier supers.

I bounced off a defender's bubble with it once, somehow. :v:

RBA Starblade fucked around with this message at 16:08 on Jul 22, 2017

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

A Buff Gay Dude posted:

And there's no weird twitch-ball-gargling philosophy that's driving the PvE side of things.

I hate this renewed need to pander to esports. It always makes the game less fun.

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

A 50S RAYGUN posted:

e-sports is where the visibility, and therefore, money, is at. you can dislike it but don't act like it's puzzling. having people pvping on twitch is at this point free advertising.

It's not confusing, just lovely.

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

Mr. Unlucky posted:

destiny is the biggest wasted potential for a series since pokemon.

if you gave this aesthetic and world to a good dev team it would've been the best mmo ever made, instead it's a lovely yearly installment PSO full of call of duty halo bro retards.

gently caress you PSO rules

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

Emron posted:

I don't think they're releasing Taken King for D2

They might!

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

I spent most of the strike today punching and failing to get force barrier to activate (eight enemies in a row, jesus christ), and hiding behind my barrier only to be shot through it.

RBA Starblade fucked around with this message at 15:38 on Jul 23, 2017

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

haveblue posted:

So what are the romance options

OMINGULLLLL

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

Were the Fallen always in the strike briefly? I shot one of their orb things and some shanks.

SniperWoreConverse posted:

Man i'm some kinda dumbass, I can't figure out to do captain America instead of old-style bubble shield. I accidentally did it once and then never again.

Tap L1 and R1, don't hold it. Holding it is the bubble shield.

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

I still like the implication that the Cabal had to get past all of Rasputin's reactivated defenses that the Cabal spent a game bitching about to go own the Last City, so either Rasputin got turbofucked again or Rasputin decided it wasn't worth the effort.

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

The Krew's time is now. Go forth, our heroes

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

My brother's buying a ps4 so I'm back on consoles. :toot:

quote:

I think that if they're going to move so many weapons to the power weapon slot and allow only one person to benefit from collecting ammo, they need to put way more of them around maps on different cooldown timers so there's more diversity to engagements and interesting stuff happening. They need to do something to compensate for less abilities/supers etc. going off, and even Halo had power weapons spread out everywhere to keep things exciting. That recent survival mode reveal with one power weapon pack in the middle looked so boring, everyone was doing exactly what you described.

I get that shotguns dominated a lot in pvp on Destiny 1 but boy it sure sucks having them as a power weapon and shoulder charge being a lame cooldown because half the fun of being a striker was just bullrushing everywhere and punching aliens in the dinkles.

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

SniperWoreConverse posted:

Another thing was how in the dreadnaught you have to actually put in a beacon, that was cool and I wish patrols was more that kinda stuff, where you had to extend and protect the influence of the city.

What happened to that thing anyway. Is it still out there just chilling or did the Cabal knock it into the sun?

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

I just hope my robot can have a helmet with a razor blade mohawk again, or at least find more robot heads to use as helmets to guard his own robot head.

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

Well since my brother bought a PS4 for Destiny 2 I guess I'm still on consoles. :toot:

Do I have to join the moana guild

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

Legs Benedict posted:

you don't have to but (begin serious posting) there are a lot of people in it which should theoretically keep up a steady stream of clan rewards, i do my hardest to make sure the moana poo poo is kept to a minimum, and by and large most of the regular users on the discord are pretty relaxed folks

cvnvcnv posted:

No, but you are lazy and lack standards so you're gonna anyway.

Yeah....:smith:

I haven't really been paying attention I'm in the discord but how do I join the clan?

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

Thanks guys! Requested an invite as Starblade_15

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

Insane Totoro posted:

I have made the requests appear and become approved.

Welcome to the Big Dum Space Moanas!

:toot:

I like the idea of the sherpa system; with Destiny 1 I guided some pubbies through a Crota raid for their first time. A pair of them were a father and a son. When Crota went down the son got really excited because he got a cool gun. The father got really excited because he got a cool spaceship. :v:

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

Who the gently caress designed the map that has one team spawn in a trench and the other team spawn above the trench and had that be a Supremacy map. The team in the trench never even changes.

Javelin-4's good though.

e: Requested invite to BDSM!

e: What determines melee damage now? I'm doing half an enemy's shields a punch, but enemy punches are doing over my shields in damage with an unpowered hit.

oh son of a bitch level advantages ENABLED, not DISABLED

RBA Starblade fucked around with this message at 14:52 on Sep 6, 2017

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

Man it feels good to be playing Destiny again. Still not a huge fan of the reduced power usage in pvp but the gunplay is as good as ever.

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

sexpig by night posted:

Man this game is good, like, what a good and huge improvement over D1.

Are clan servers down though?

Yeah clan servers aren't up yet.

Are grimoire cards still a thing? I like the fact there's actually a story now but I liked reading those.

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

I stopped after four crucible games (2 for 4 at level 3 against level 10s and 1.5 k/d avg isn't bad after all :v:), how many games do you need to play for Shaxx's weekly challenge thing?

quote:

pvp ignores light level (except for some modes like trials) and just goes off the base stats.

Does armor level or resilience level actually matter now? At my low level I could barely do damage with my punches, and my magnetic grenade couldn't even kill when stuck.

quote:

Pro: all titan subclasses have shoulder charge now
Con: shoulder charge is now bad

Yeah shoulder charge is poo poo now.

RBA Starblade fucked around with this message at 21:52 on Sep 6, 2017

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

How are people at LL 200 and nightfalling already

Is Eris still around and is she still yelling about CROH TAHHHHHHH

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

Jesus Christ it's been three years and two games and pubbies still don't know how control works.

I'm doing pretty nicely though. 3.8 k/d on my last game!

RBA Starblade fucked around with this message at 02:36 on Sep 7, 2017

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

galagazombie posted:

Been having fun, buts it's pretty immersion breaking/hilarious when I'm being told that all the Guardians are powerless and mortal and here comes Shaxx telling me to start killing my friends while a bunch of players jump around the farm using superpowers.

"What do you mean only one of them is respawning? Oh noooo" - Shaxx, 2017

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

Dear god please stop giving me Control, I'm tired of being the only person who understands you have to stand on the glowing circles to win already

On a more positive note the exotic chestplate that feeds ammo into your AR is awesome. I can just hold the button down and erase most of the other team.

e: THREE YEARS PUBBIES you still don't grasp this after THREE YEARS

RBA Starblade fucked around with this message at 13:43 on Sep 7, 2017

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

DrNutt posted:

Man where do y'all find these people? Anytime I pubbie queue I get teammates who have the urge to stand on ALL the circles. It might even be worse now that Shaxx gets excited and calls it a power play.

I just had a team who didn't understand what teams were and shot at anything that moves.

I'm trying to answer your call to arms here Shaxx, I really am, but I can only do so much. :negative:

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

Well I've learned my lesson about solo queuing I guess. We had a great match of Supremacy we probably would have won if I weren't the only one getting the loving crests. Like, can they just not read? It says in huge rear end letters "RECOVER". What do pubbies think they're supposed to actually do with that?

Oh well. I'm still doing great personally, so that's a plus.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

Shaders are finite-use now? That sucks.