Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
who is the biggest fail club
This poll is closed.
arsenal 9223372036854775807 100.00%
not arsenal 1 0.00%
Total: 23 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

• Locked thread
Brony Car
May 22, 2014

by Cyrano4747

African AIDS cum posted:

I'm ready for some juicy rumors and speculation. IMO Arsenal will sign Gotze, Griezmann, Verratti, and Jonny Howson

Messi to Liverpool. He needs to have a lower profile and take a break from Spain for a while. You heard it here first.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Brony Car
May 22, 2014

by Cyrano4747

trem_two posted:

Spalletti is officially out at Roma. He's expected to sign with Inter soon.

Are things that bad at Roma? I don't know why he would leave now that he'd finally be free of Totti-related issues if he stayed.

Brony Car
May 22, 2014

by Cyrano4747

Ewar Woowar posted:

I do not like this.

While I don't think the squad is in a terrible way we really need some depth as certain players can't be relied upon fitness wise.

There's quite a lot of the transfer season left to go.

Who would you get that Liverpool is realistically linked to? It looks like Tottenham probably blew the move for Sessegnon out of Liverpool's wage target and getting Keita from Leipzig was always going to be a big ask.

Brony Car
May 22, 2014

by Cyrano4747

Gigi Galli posted:

He's really really good.

Well, he won't fit in with Liverpool then. Lmao.

Brony Car
May 22, 2014

by Cyrano4747

PirateBob posted:

This transfer window looks super depressing for Man United so far.

The most credible link to a player atm is that we're getting 28 y/o Perisic for £45m lol :eng99:

It's pretty early to be losing hope.

Brony Car
May 22, 2014

by Cyrano4747

Ewar Woowar posted:

We really look like we're going to splash the cash this window huh. Salah and VvD are both pretty good signings imo and if we add a quality left back to that (Ghoulam has been rumoured but can't say I've seen him play...Serie A watchers?) I'll be pretty loving happy.

Don't celebrate until you see The Lean.

Brony Car
May 22, 2014

by Cyrano4747

RideTheSpiral posted:

if its united im gonna poo poo my pants

So business as usual?!?!

Brony Car
May 22, 2014

by Cyrano4747

Ninpo posted:

Yeah it's not like it's April 15th

Whoa.

Brony Car
May 22, 2014

by Cyrano4747
Mean Bean Machine, who is Gelson Martins? Is he good?

http://www.bbc.com/sport/football/40184515

Liverpool supposedly are considering him since Roma have rejected the initial approach for Salah.

Brony Car
May 22, 2014

by Cyrano4747
Who the hell likes Liverpool? Embarrassment of a club.

Edit: it would be very Liverpool if the league doesn't drop this after the apology and this ends up completely derailing summer recruitment.

If FSG aren't complete mugs, Michael Edwards should be very worried about his job. They are though, so I suspect no one has learned anything from this.

Brony Car fucked around with this message at 22:03 on Jun 7, 2017

Brony Car
May 22, 2014

by Cyrano4747

Eau de MacGowan posted:

I hope Everton spend all this money then the Lukaku transfer falls through.

But then they might have a genuinely good team.

Brony Car
May 22, 2014

by Cyrano4747
Those stories are all bunk. Liverpool will end up breaking all of its transfer records for Wilfred Zaha.

Brony Car
May 22, 2014

by Cyrano4747

blue footed boobie posted:

He's probably off. As far as I can tell Arsenal haven't even tried to negotiate his contract. That's a thing Arsenal do from time to time.

Do you think Arsenal should try to keep him?

Brony Car
May 22, 2014

by Cyrano4747
Kagawa

Brony Car
May 22, 2014

by Cyrano4747

RideTheSpiral posted:

This doesn't even make sense. wasn't matic one of the ringleaders of the anti mou crowd?

Keep your friends close. Keep your enemies closer and make sure they're the defensive cover in your midfield.

Brony Car
May 22, 2014

by Cyrano4747

Xabi posted:

A reminder that Xabi Alonso captained Real Sociedad when they finished second in La Liga in 2003, when he was 22. He was always great, and will remain great until the day he decides to leave us all.

Totally worth alienating him in order to get Gareth Barry.

Brony Car
May 22, 2014

by Cyrano4747

drat. How many clubs has that kid been at now?

Brony Car
May 22, 2014

by Cyrano4747

blue footed boobie posted:

Big Rom will be a good signing for the Manchester Uniteds

I agree. This sucks for ABUs like me.

Brony Car
May 22, 2014

by Cyrano4747
http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/40540231

The BBC says Chelsea matched the transfer fee but would not match the agent fee that Raiola would get. Seems like he'll still go to United then unless Lukaku really is a die hard Chelsea fan who is dead set on wearing blue.

Brony Car
May 22, 2014

by Cyrano4747
Mourinho was a Manchester United fan all along.

Brony Car
May 22, 2014

by Cyrano4747
RedRom
RedRom

Morder?

Brony Car
May 22, 2014

by Cyrano4747
Lucas Leiva is negotiating personal terms with Lazio.

https://www.theguardian.com/football/2017/jul/14/lazio-liverpool-lucas-leiva-transfer

Good, solid non-racist club. :)

Brony Car
May 22, 2014

by Cyrano4747

Blinkz0rz posted:

Yeah, the second Trippier came good with his conditioning last year Kyle Walker's walking papers were drafted.

50 million for a pacey defender with a questionable football brain is insane. He won't get any better.

Guardiola will turn him into the world's greatest playmaking midfielder. I believe the German conception of the position is Einsatzgruppen Kommandant.

Brony Car
May 22, 2014

by Cyrano4747

Gorn Myson posted:

Theres also the karmic comeback on this, when Liverpool attempted to buy Yevhen Konoplyanka by meeting his release clause and then successfully negotiating his contract, only for it to fall apart because his team didn't want him to leave so didn't file the paperwork.

He then went to Sevilla, who beat Liverpool in the 2016 Europa League final.

Saddest story ever told.

Brony Car
May 22, 2014

by Cyrano4747

More like #BakaGaijin.

Brony Car
May 22, 2014

by Cyrano4747

He is a midfielder who will help secure their defense and also secure a future for our white children.

Brony Car
May 22, 2014

by Cyrano4747

Vegetable posted:

Why don't better teams buy Icardi

To get Mauro, you must satisfy Wanda.

Brony Car
May 22, 2014

by Cyrano4747

tarbrush posted:

Left back, midfielder, center half.

Is the Robertson transfer off?

Brony Car
May 22, 2014

by Cyrano4747

tarbrush posted:

Believe it's still ON, but nowhere near bolding just yet.

The theoretical window of Salah, Robertson, van Dijk and Keita would be genuinely excellent. Oh well.

You can't always get what you want.

Ewar Woowar posted:

I will be unhappy if we pull an Ed Woodward and spend all window going after players that won't sign and end up with nothing.

Now Ayre is gone who is actually negotiating anyways?

Good question. I believe transfer priorities are set by Michael Edwards now (with input from Klopp and Buvac). I'm not sure if Edwards and/or Peter Moore are the ones handling the actual negotiations, though.

Brony Car
May 22, 2014

by Cyrano4747

EvilHawk posted:

The Keita stuff is a bit odd. Firing up the scouse conspiracy machine, it sounds like we were under the impression that Red Bull would accept the latest bid and Keita wanted to join (that last bit was apparently all legit and not at all tapping up like VvD), then they turned around and rejected it. So either:

a) we were being fobbed off so Red Bull can save face and stand up to the "big boys"

b) Red Bull are holding out for even more money

c) it's all bollocks and Red Bull are evil masterminds (this is the most likely option)

I'm not convinced it's all completely done and dusted yet. Keita would be a good purchase but it's not a position we're desperate for so if it all comes to nought I wouldn't be too disappointed. CB is more important though.

Robertson is almost done, supposed to be announced tonight.

Another possibility is that a player or a player's agent will tell Liverpool they want a move, but they don't want a move bad enough to put in a transfer request.

Brony Car
May 22, 2014

by Cyrano4747
Given the number of times have Liverpool said "oh, we'll be able to replace [insert name] with no fuss" only to fall into a major rut, I'd rather just keep Coutinho a little longer and hopefully find some better scouts.

Brony Car
May 22, 2014

by Cyrano4747

CyberPingu posted:

Eh. Emre Can has apparently agreed to terms with Juve

Do you have a link? Everything recent seems to indicate that Liverpool are going to hold on to him:

http://www.liverpoolecho.co.uk/sport/football/transfer-news/liverpool-emre-can-jurgen-klopp-13372612

That won't prevent Juventus from trying to get him, though.

Brony Car
May 22, 2014

by Cyrano4747

vyelkin posted:

for 35m I'll fly him to Turin myelf

Your anti-German/Turkish midfielder hatred has driven you mad.

In all seriousness, though, given market prices, I would like to see who you think Liverpool could get at 35 million that would be an adequate replacement, let alone a full-on improvement.

Brony Car
May 22, 2014

by Cyrano4747

vyelkin posted:

Can's problem is that he's supremely confident and thinks he can do everything, when actually he's only good at like one thing and that's sitting in front of the defence. So nine times out of ten when he gets the ball he loses it with some aimless dribble, misplaced long pass, or wild shot. The one in ten times when his dumb decision works out he looks good, but most of the time he's just losing the ball and then fouling people trying to win it back.

From the reports I've read, Can actually wants to be the deepest-lying midfielder. When he's moving forward, it's usually because Liverpool have to commit more people to break down a side defending resolutely (or defending badly but looking better when thrown against the Scouse Clowns). He also took a long time to get through some injury issues, so I think the rustiness earlier in the season wasn't a sign of him hitting a ceiling. Your evaluation of him surprisingly dismal.

Also, given the physical exhaustion that comes with Kloppball and the English fixture schedule, I'd rather not let go of any midfielders until we got some more deals in place. If Keita and VVD are still the only major transfer targets left, then letting Can go is tempting fate.

Watchi Liverpool bungle the 2-legged CL qualifier now.

trem_two posted:

The best part about the Can to Juve story is that he's allegedly going to be converted to CB and be Bonucci's replacement
:chloe:

He did decently well as part of a back 3 under Rodgers, so this isn't a completely bonkers idea.

Brony Car
May 22, 2014

by Cyrano4747

Hoops posted:

I really have never seen that much from Can. Happy to replace him with any PL-experienced holding midfielder.

Lee Cattermole should be available at a good price.

Brony Car
May 22, 2014

by Cyrano4747

curried lamb of God posted:

is he so awful that he can't even get a trial in MLS?

The fans want someone who will give a crud.

Brony Car
May 22, 2014

by Cyrano4747

BWV posted:

I already unfollowed him on Insta last month so whatever

How dare you wipe out El Hefe's memory from your life like that.

Brony Car
May 22, 2014

by Cyrano4747

With the way things are going, I expect to see a photo of him holding up a Chelsea jersey on September 1.

Brony Car
May 22, 2014

by Cyrano4747

Hashtag Banterzone posted:

He's out of contract next summer, but most people think he won't be offered another deal. Conte isn't really the sentimental type.

Are Chelsea safe with their number of Home Grown players?

I'm sure they could buy up some young players if they were in danger of dropping below the minimum, but Cahill seems solid enough to be worth keeping around.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Brony Car
May 22, 2014

by Cyrano4747

Manc Hill posted:

two housetrained LFC sockpuppet "journos" versus the incorruptible truth seekers at News Corp , I know who I believe

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=G_fzHL4U_z4

"This story is moving at pace at the moment."

This back and forth is kind of funny.

• Locked thread