Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Beef Of Ages
Jan 11, 2003

Your dumb is leaking.

Turdsdown Tom posted:

Not brown. Maybe a new program to weed out Y'all Qaeda looking American types? I'm not from the South so I can't imagine that, either.

Regardless, metal detectors don't scan for brown skin, so that wouldn't be why it beeped once anyway.

That is the indicator for "random" additional screening. I've had it happen to the person in front of me, not me, and then the person after me. Much like airline revenue management, no mere mortal knows these dark arts.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Beef Of Ages
Jan 11, 2003

Your dumb is leaking.

Rekinom posted:

Don't forget that Delta owns stakes in multiple joint ventures that are absolutely losing their rear end right now.

At least they sold their stake in that oil refinery a while back.

Beef Of Ages
Jan 11, 2003

Your dumb is leaking.

The Slaughter posted:

At UA we're parking a crapload of 757s and some 767s but they haven't decided if it's going to be permanent or not yet. They may sit in the desert for a year or two and come back, or they may not.

We're still taking 737 maxes this winter, though.

I had heard it was specifically the 764 fleet as they were getting ready to go for their C/D checks.

Beef Of Ages
Jan 11, 2003

Your dumb is leaking.
Also are they going to restore all the points I earned last time they tried this?

Beef Of Ages
Jan 11, 2003

Your dumb is leaking.

Arson Daily posted:

Flyer points for a regional?

Last time they did branded ops, they launched a loyalty program to go with it. I think I had 80% of a free flight when they folded.

Beef Of Ages
Jan 11, 2003

Your dumb is leaking.

mactheknife posted:

they look great tbh but also very much not places i'd ever feel comfortable at

here's an actual aviation question, sort of - planning a trip overseas and a lot of flights i'm looking at connect in charlotte as it's one of the four airports my local flies to. better/worse than atlanta/dfw/houston?

It depends very much on where you want to go. Come visit us in the Finding Cheap Airfare thread and we'll get all nerdy about this stuff.

CBJSprague24 posted:

Carolina BBQ at CLT is some good eatin'. :colbert:

It is very much not and you should be ashamed of yourself.

Warbird posted:

Many would argue visiting Charlotte and never leaving the airport is the optimal way to visit the city. :v:

The six years I spent in Charlotte confirm this.

Beef Of Ages
Jan 11, 2003

Your dumb is leaking.

Kraftwerk posted:

Our methodologies are probably similar due to Boeing's influence on Bombardier and the Dash 8 in the 1990s. But no, I was in Toronto with Bombardier as opposed to Boeing.

So the CR2 was all your fault, then.

Beef Of Ages
Jan 11, 2003

Your dumb is leaking.

CBJSprague24 posted:

Boy, I hope these are just repositioning flights the media are otherwise clueless to the concept of, because yeesh, if not.

Countdown to the announcement of Kardashian investment in some unheard of electric aircraft startup.

Beef Of Ages
Jan 11, 2003

Your dumb is leaking.

Two Kings posted:

Atlas Air is getting sold. Is it ever a good thing when a company gets bought by private equity?

It is not.

Beef Of Ages
Jan 11, 2003

Your dumb is leaking.
It's clearly all about the pilot shortage but I think we can all agree that the CR2 deserves to be immediately remanded to the sixth concentric circle of hell.

Beef Of Ages
Jan 11, 2003

Your dumb is leaking.

Arson Daily posted:

Clearly you've never been in the back of an ERJ-145 or the jumpseat thereof. It's so, so much worse. If I wasn't riding for literal free I'd never set foot on one. Worst turbojet powered airplane ever. Seriously

As a passenger with 68 segments on the 145 over the years, I'm going to vehemently disagree with you on the following basis:
  • The 145 has seats 1A, 3C/D, and the exit row (either row 12 or 18 depending on airline) that all have extra legroom; the CR2 has zero
  • The 145 has a set of single seats on one side; the CR2 forces you to share with someone no matter what
  • The 145 has a lav that can fit a large man in gastrointestinal distress that causes him to commit unholy acts; the CR2 has a small hole that requires a vat of Crisco and a shoehorn to get in or out of
  • The 145 is made in Brazil by nice people; the CRJ-200 is made in Canada by a group of masochists with a fetish for imposing their will on others

Can't speak to the jumpseat but I imagine it's not great as there is not much room on the 145, even though it is many miles ahead of the CR2. Also I'm told the CR2 climbs like dogshit.

Beef Of Ages
Jan 11, 2003

Your dumb is leaking.

e.pilot posted:

I’m serious :colbert:

You're also technically correct (which is the best kind of correct :smugbert:) but I would submit that it is way, way more esoteric than the common "A330ceo has the angled winglet" approach.

Beef Of Ages
Jan 11, 2003

Your dumb is leaking.

Potato Salad posted:

is it most most straightforward to see whether the tail of the fuselage remains flat at top vs angles down?

It's like the arrow in Fedex.

Beef Of Ages
Jan 11, 2003

Your dumb is leaking.

Rolo posted:

Ok I'm done hating for the day.

Why? There's *gestures around at everything* left to deal with.

Beef Of Ages
Jan 11, 2003

Your dumb is leaking.

Arson Daily posted:

Im dumb; also gay

See also: the forums.

Beef Of Ages
Jan 11, 2003

Your dumb is leaking.

Rolo posted:

Is Turbulence Pelvic Injury too long of a username?

It's definitely the name of a metal band from Toledo.

Beef Of Ages
Jan 11, 2003

Your dumb is leaking.

hobbesmaster posted:

I was going to say I’d be more concerned about Chicago having equipment that works in the bitter cold but I see you haven’t gotten the snow yet, so have fun with that. Here on the other side of the front in the twin cities it’s -11 and dropping, the wind will be picking up and the blowing snow is expected to drop visibility to zero.

Yeah, goonspeed to any of you poor bastards that are trying to fly through the Midwest right now. MKE had a handful of cancellations thus far but I expect that to ramp up.

Beef Of Ages
Jan 11, 2003

Your dumb is leaking.

Bob A Feet posted:

I picked a great week to be a military reservist, holy poo poo. One of my friends from class said he was rerouted to a flight and when he got to the gate he saw it had pushed back. The ops agent and him called crew scheduling on the phone and said hey, what the gently caress and their response was “we have no idea who is sitting in the right seat of that plane.”

Things are just dandy all over.

https://mobile.twitter.com/xJonNYC/status/1606637219359461378

Beef Of Ages
Jan 11, 2003

Your dumb is leaking.

Rolo posted:

Does this call for a fist pump and getting “a little bit jazzed”?

Better than being a little bit Mesa'd.

(I'm deeply sorry and hope you land the gig at AA.)

Beef Of Ages
Jan 11, 2003

Your dumb is leaking.
The guys at Nomadic Aviation regularly make that point and carry pilot's uniforms with them for ferry jobs because it makes things much, much easier.

Beef Of Ages
Jan 11, 2003

Your dumb is leaking.

Rolo posted:

Also got my indoc date: goin to AA 4/19 let’s goooo.

Congrats! :cheers:

Beef Of Ages
Jan 11, 2003

Your dumb is leaking.

Butt Reactor posted:

Hey, at least they renovated terminal B?

e: and C! wow :marc:

Most of C, but yeah, it's a world of difference.

Beef Of Ages
Jan 11, 2003

Your dumb is leaking.
Quick fix is electrical tape, followed by the longer fix of a heat shrink wrap.

Beef Of Ages
Jan 11, 2003

Your dumb is leaking.

Rolo posted:

Things I did for the first time today:

Landed an Airbus (321 NEO baybeeeee)
In DCA
On the river visual
Before 100+ people thank me in a ten minute period.

Holy poo poo I can’t wait to see what it feels like when I have my first good landing.

Hell of a first day. :cheers:

Beef Of Ages
Jan 11, 2003

Your dumb is leaking.
Fire, either inside or outside, the airplane is one of the few things that gives me existential fear about commercial air travel. And that is given my reasonable understanding about how the industry works. Sparks outside are absolute cause for pants-making GBS threads adjacent concern.

Beef Of Ages
Jan 11, 2003

Your dumb is leaking.

actionjackson posted:

someone made an interesting point in the flyertalk thread - someone who hits diamond in this new system is going to have to be buying a lot of first and business class tickets, which makes having diamond for upgrade priority moot

This is exactly their strategy: sell the premium seats instead of giving them away as upgrades. That's what Delta wants.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Beef Of Ages
Jan 11, 2003

Your dumb is leaking.

Sapozhnik posted:

idk what sort of person pays seven grand out of pocket to fly business class on a long haul but it's somebody much richer than me

It's right there in the name. :)