Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Chilichimp
Oct 24, 2006

TIE Adv xWampa

It wamp, and it stomp

Grimey Drawer
https://twitter.com/jeneps/status/867095032851038209

:siren::siren::siren: The GOP has finally arrived at what caused Benghazi :siren::siren::siren:

And it was with a mind at prevention... When push comes to shove, was it ensuring Secretary Tillerson had operational control of embassies? No... it was arguing not to slash the budget of the State Department.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Chilichimp
Oct 24, 2006

TIE Adv xWampa

It wamp, and it stomp

Grimey Drawer
Good Twitter Follows right now:

https://twitter.com/BraddJaffy

https://twitter.com/maggieNYT

https://twitter.com/Bencjacobs

Anyone got any others?

Chilichimp
Oct 24, 2006

TIE Adv xWampa

It wamp, and it stomp

Grimey Drawer

owned.

Chilichimp
Oct 24, 2006

TIE Adv xWampa

It wamp, and it stomp

Grimey Drawer

Is Chris Hayes good? He seems insufferable. To a lesser degree than O'Donnell, but STILL

Chilichimp
Oct 24, 2006

TIE Adv xWampa

It wamp, and it stomp

Grimey Drawer

BiohazrD posted:

someone post the ORB

Chilichimp
Oct 24, 2006

TIE Adv xWampa

It wamp, and it stomp

Grimey Drawer

The Center for Combating Extremism is a globe in a room filled with Arab dudes watching youtube videos.

Chilichimp
Oct 24, 2006

TIE Adv xWampa

It wamp, and it stomp

Grimey Drawer

Fitzy Fitz posted:

https://twitter.com/mkraju/status/867093598650720256

This is another stupid loving angle the Republicans keep trying to get soundbites for during these open hearings, along with "I've seen no evidence"

Correct me if I'm wrong, but isn't foreign money prohibited in election campaigns? Or was that one of the OTHER good things from McCain/Feingold that is now gone?

Chilichimp
Oct 24, 2006

TIE Adv xWampa

It wamp, and it stomp

Grimey Drawer

WeAreTheRomans posted:

no Madagascar, eh? :sad:

Or the UK or Japan, for that matter...

Where the gently caress is Australia?

Chilichimp
Oct 24, 2006

TIE Adv xWampa

It wamp, and it stomp

Grimey Drawer

Hieronymous Alloy posted:

Was today's Mattering the Brennan stuff then?

Couldn't have been. That guy teasing the mattering happened during that open hearing... also nothing was said in that hearing that we didn't already know.

Chilichimp
Oct 24, 2006

TIE Adv xWampa

It wamp, and it stomp

Grimey Drawer

metasynthetic posted:

Reposting for new thread:

Didn't see this commented on in the last one - notice how his writing is centered pretty well, including an indent on the last line and his signature?

Except for the "& will never forget!" He forgot where he was and added it afterwards.

Tired of Melania signing poo poo smaller and beneath his signature.

Chilichimp
Oct 24, 2006

TIE Adv xWampa

It wamp, and it stomp

Grimey Drawer

FourLeaf posted:

I lost a lot of esteem for her because of the Russia focus and also the bizarre tease about Trump's tax returns.

Realtalk: this post is dumb as poo poo.

Chilichimp
Oct 24, 2006

TIE Adv xWampa

It wamp, and it stomp

Grimey Drawer

FourLeaf posted:

Ok, I'm sorry. I just thought it was better now that we have the evidence to support the Russia assertions rather than two months ago when she started off every show with breathless speculation, including implying that Putin personally ordered Trump to bomb Syria to throw off suspicion.

Except it wasn't breathless speculation. She was connecting the dots of Pence lying about Flynn back in March.

Also, this is a huge loving story. You HAVE to spend time investigating it. You don't wait for someone else to break the scoop AND THEN start talking about it. Nevermind that pressure from Maddow and CNN has caused several forced errors out of the White House that have caused this to balloon even farther.

Without MSM focusing so much on Russia, do you think Donald "Rating" Trump would have fired Comey? Maybe, but I personally believe Trump fired him because Comey was upstaging him in the news.

Chilichimp fucked around with this message at 22:43 on May 23, 2017

Chilichimp
Oct 24, 2006

TIE Adv xWampa

It wamp, and it stomp

Grimey Drawer

JeffersonClay posted:

She's now the highest rated cable TV news show. It's almost like this story has legs and people are interested in hearing about it.

Fox's refusal to cover the Russia story has caused it to drop to 3rd and sometimes 4th place behind CNN and MSNBC. Fox has trailed those two in rating longer now than at any point in the last 17 years.

The Russia story might as well be the only thing going on in Washington.

Chilichimp
Oct 24, 2006

TIE Adv xWampa

It wamp, and it stomp

Grimey Drawer

STAC Goat posted:

Wait, who the hell joins in to kick Fox to 4th?

I think CBS, i dunno.

I'd wager decent change that Colbert gets more viewers than whatever is on Fox at the same time.

Chilichimp
Oct 24, 2006

TIE Adv xWampa

It wamp, and it stomp

Grimey Drawer

STAC Goat posted:

Fox is in reruns by 11. Does CBS have a news channel? I don't get it if they do, or at least I don't think I do.

I got overzealous and said 4th.

Chilichimp
Oct 24, 2006

TIE Adv xWampa

It wamp, and it stomp

Grimey Drawer

Red Oktober posted:

I'm loving the new picture on his twitter.

You can just hear him thinking "How did they manage to get you funded? Tell me all, wall."

HOLY poo poo THEY EDITED THE SHOT TO CUT OUT THE YARMULKE?!?!?!?!

Chilichimp
Oct 24, 2006

TIE Adv xWampa

It wamp, and it stomp

Grimey Drawer

Furnaceface posted:

Admit it, youre not actually surprised by this at all.

Surprised it's so blatant, yes.

Chilichimp
Oct 24, 2006

TIE Adv xWampa

It wamp, and it stomp

Grimey Drawer
Ah, man, they gassed the old thread? Bullshit, that poo poo needs to be enshrined.

Chilichimp
Oct 24, 2006

TIE Adv xWampa

It wamp, and it stomp

Grimey Drawer

Ramos posted:

No, they didn't.

This isn't hard to check, guys. Don't be Fox viewers.

I did check when i posted, it has since been changed.

edit:

Actually, it's just the way the website presents on a desktop. It seems to be cropping out the top of the imagine with the twitter toolbar:

edit:

No, that isn't my monitor resolution, I cropped the website down in the screenshot.

Chilichimp fucked around with this message at 03:08 on May 24, 2017

Chilichimp
Oct 24, 2006

TIE Adv xWampa

It wamp, and it stomp

Grimey Drawer

How is this not a gimmick troll?

Chilichimp
Oct 24, 2006

TIE Adv xWampa

It wamp, and it stomp

Grimey Drawer

"I'm just a humble mother-fucker with a big-rear end dick" - Donald J Bunk

Chilichimp
Oct 24, 2006

TIE Adv xWampa

It wamp, and it stomp

Grimey Drawer

Solemn Sloth posted:

So the whitehouse leaked the name of the manchester bombing suspect to the press, and the UK are really pissed because it may have compromised their hunt for any accomplices.

I for one am shocked. SHOCKED!

Chilichimp
Oct 24, 2006

TIE Adv xWampa

It wamp, and it stomp

Grimey Drawer

Who the gently caress is this guy and why is he getting interviews?

Chilichimp
Oct 24, 2006

TIE Adv xWampa

It wamp, and it stomp

Grimey Drawer

evilweasel posted:

A friend of Comey, and he's getting interviews because he'll talk on the record while nobody else will.

I can't believe Comey has any further contact with this person. This seems so scummy.

Chilichimp
Oct 24, 2006

TIE Adv xWampa

It wamp, and it stomp

Grimey Drawer

evilweasel posted:

She's always seemed pretty eyes-open about the deal she's effectively struck so it really all comes down to the prenup and what she gets for her ten years of loyal service as soon as she's replaced with a younger model.

She probably was about to serve him divorce papers and signed a contract to stay on if he won the presidency and she figured that was easy money and signed immediately.

I can't wait for her loving book in 10 years.

She's keeping him at a distance and I don't believe she'll ever move to the white house.

Chilichimp
Oct 24, 2006

TIE Adv xWampa

It wamp, and it stomp

Grimey Drawer

St. Dogbert posted:

That lady's 200 pounds of pure poo poo right there. Gonna need a bigger package of toilet paper to wipe all that up.

Stolen and tweeted.

Chilichimp
Oct 24, 2006

TIE Adv xWampa

It wamp, and it stomp

Grimey Drawer

Radish posted:

They've been aching to say this stuff for years while feeling oppressed that they couldn't and now that it's cool to do so because the President winked to them and said it was they are letting it loose.

They haven't been aching. They do it all the time. It's just now being captured on camera more and more.

Chilichimp
Oct 24, 2006

TIE Adv xWampa

It wamp, and it stomp

Grimey Drawer

cochise posted:

If this is true then it's really really really stupid. The entire point of having boomers is to be ready to light whomever the gently caress up in a moment's notice without them knowing where the hell their death came from. He's potentially damaging part of the US nuclear triad by telling Duterte this. This big mouth retard simply can't stop revealing secrets.

To be fair, it was a confidential exchange between two world leaders that was leaked to the press. Duterte wasn't gonna tell anyone.

Chilichimp
Oct 24, 2006

TIE Adv xWampa

It wamp, and it stomp

Grimey Drawer

JAY ZERO SUM GAME posted:

Maybe?

In any case, Trump probably didn't know what he was talking about. Nuclear powered subs? Well yeah, there's two for every carrier group, but they don't carry SLBMs. The guided missile subs visiting South Korea that have already been written about? No big deal.

It's pretty unlikely he would even know where the US's boomers are. I guess he could ask?

It's hard to say, primarily because he's so loving stupid.

I mean, aren't -all- of our submarines nuclear-powered?

I'm aware that this doesn't mean they carry nuclear tridents missiles, but does Trump know that? Even if he was told the difference in a briefing, would he know?

Chilichimp
Oct 24, 2006

TIE Adv xWampa

It wamp, and it stomp

Grimey Drawer

Fitzy Fitz posted:

As much as we complain about echo chambers and the increasing partisan divide in the country, what the gently caress are we supposed to do about it? That woman in Walmart is the norm. Every time I make the mistake of glancing at the comment section of a news article that involves race, I see a bunch of people like her. These people are loving gross, and it's seriously depressing to interact with them.

Yup. I made this point the other day re: right-winger dipshits and transgender people.

How the gently caress are we supposed to co-exist? How is it possible for us to get our news from the same outlets?

The answer: we aren't, and we don't.

We will drift apart from one another forever until something happens that forces the fringes to the center, or we break apart like a dividing cell.

Chilichimp
Oct 24, 2006

TIE Adv xWampa

It wamp, and it stomp

Grimey Drawer

Huzanko posted:

They're not the norm. They're a self-selecting group of people with nothing better to do than comment on random internet articles and YouTube videos. They have less to do than even the saddest, most pathetic goon.

Trump voters are only ~30% of the US population.

present me: like 40% of French people are Nazi's.
past me: holy poo poo!
present me: No, that's the good news.

Chilichimp
Oct 24, 2006

TIE Adv xWampa

It wamp, and it stomp

Grimey Drawer

Rigel posted:

Regarding Trump not liking the 4 candidates and starting over on his FBI director search, I wouldn't be surprised at all if Trump asked each of them to swear an oath of loyalty and start yelling that the Russia probe is fake news, and all 4 of them went "uhhh..... no, this job was supposed to be politically independent so I won't do that."

McCabe will be nominated for the permanent post before the end of summer.

Chilichimp
Oct 24, 2006

TIE Adv xWampa

It wamp, and it stomp

Grimey Drawer

... what a loving pussy!

Chilichimp
Oct 24, 2006

TIE Adv xWampa

It wamp, and it stomp

Grimey Drawer

Huzanko posted:

Everyone with any decency already left the GOP. As has been said many times here before: Why would you be a Republican unless you're interested in tax cuts, punishing the poor, or hating and restricting the rights of minorities of women, or care more about dead babies than living ones?

They're not a party with a vision for the future. They're just a party that wants to fellate the rich while selling an imagined fantasy of the past.

A lot of right-wing people still genuinely believe in the rising tides bullshit propaganda. These people are decent, just not particularly discerning or skeptical.

Chilichimp
Oct 24, 2006

TIE Adv xWampa

It wamp, and it stomp

Grimey Drawer

mkultra419 posted:

Imagine if Putin started casually bragging about having Russian subs off the Atlantic coast of the US...

The funny thing about this is that they don't, because they literally can't afford to project power like that anymore. If Putin himself said they did, I still wouldn't believe it. I'm betting there hasn't bee a Russian submarine within striking distance of the US mainland since the 80's.

Chilichimp
Oct 24, 2006

TIE Adv xWampa

It wamp, and it stomp

Grimey Drawer

Supremezero posted:

I suppose they might think that, but it's absolutely not. Pretty sure the guy who's the stand-in is out for Trump's blood.

Chilichimp
Oct 24, 2006

TIE Adv xWampa

It wamp, and it stomp

Grimey Drawer

Uncleanly Cleric posted:

There was that spy ship though. I mean, not the same exactly, but I think that answers the question of what we'd do, which appeared to be "watch it intently" but otherwise nothing.

As long as it stays 12 miles off shore, there really is nothing to do.

Chilichimp
Oct 24, 2006

TIE Adv xWampa

It wamp, and it stomp

Grimey Drawer

Feldegast42 posted:

That's good for us since that means he won't have a toady in place to shut down the investigation.

That doesn't even matter anymore since Rosenstein went off reservation and appointed a special counsel.

Man. Remember when we all thought Rosenstein was a toadie? That man really turned his public imagine the gently caress around. Maybe Comey was right about him being a survivor.

Chilichimp
Oct 24, 2006

TIE Adv xWampa

It wamp, and it stomp

Grimey Drawer

Supremezero posted:

I rather imagine that Mueller appreciates the FBI's help.

And he'll get it with or without the directors approval, and if he gets railroaded or stonewalled by the FBI, then he'll just report it to congress.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Chilichimp
Oct 24, 2006

TIE Adv xWampa

It wamp, and it stomp

Grimey Drawer

Supremezero posted:

As for Rosenstein, I'm not entirely sure that's what happened. Everyone seems worried about him being a survivor, so maybe he saw the end coming before everyone else was willing to accept it.

I don't think he was ever a toadie. He definitely saw himself being painted into a corner that would drag him down with the administration and cut himself right the gently caress out of it, though.

• Locked thread