Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Hastings
Dec 30, 2008

What a bitch rear end statement. Your party has had horrible approval ratings and the town hall meetings have been disastrous. If anyone is "learning" anything, it is how to blow up our country as we know it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hastings
Dec 30, 2008

axeil posted:

Jesus christ that audio is insane :stare: How has this dude not been arrested yet?

It is alarming that he just went off on a dime. There was no build up to his aggression and Ben Jacobs just asked a question, no tone or anything. This guy needs therapy.

Hastings
Dec 30, 2008

He's a moron to think that in the digital age no one would come with receipts.

Hastings
Dec 30, 2008

As it was decreed, it has come to pass, you beautiful, beautiful man.

Hastings
Dec 30, 2008

D-Pad posted:

This thread is moving so fast I can't keep up so apologies if this has already been posted.

Here is the account from the Fox News team that was in the room when it happened. This is gold because if Fox News is reporting it then it will be a lot harder for conservatives to claim it is fake news. Also, they claim that not only did he body slam him, but he then got on top of him and started punching him:

http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2017/05/24/greg-gianforte-fox-news-team-witnesses-gop-house-candidate-body-slam-reporter.html

This is akin to being caught holding a loaded weapon. He is done...his political career is not coming back from this.

Hastings
Dec 30, 2008

I rarely have time to get involved in letter writing and calls, but I am making it my mission to reach out to the Senate members in the midwest.

Hastings
Dec 30, 2008

Potato Salad posted:

Reported by who, and for what exactly

Apparently by a fringe loon. I was really hoping that God was intervening against Gianforte's affront to all things decent and good just by existing.

Hastings
Dec 30, 2008

That moment when you realize the guy you have been fighting against is best bros with the side you have been tasked to protect. I bet the CIA is pissed about this as a whole.

Also, I want to punch Kushner so so unbelievably hard in his smug face.

Hastings
Dec 30, 2008

Bhaal posted:

Run for office first or else you could get in trouble for that

Wait, do I register the Super PAC first and then funnel Russian money, or the other way around? I constantly forget the order of process.

Hastings
Dec 30, 2008

Lumberjack Bonanza posted:

You'd be amazed with the kind of garbage lifestyle you can get away with if you got a good roll of the dice

He's got the dementia something fierce, though.

edit: !!!

https://twitter.com/MaggieJordanACN/status/868494179835551744

Wow, if this is not a prime example of Trump delusionally thinking he is better than everyone else, but in reality is being pushed off the international stage. Everyone else in lock step and he can't even muster up energy to walk. I never want to hear anyone ask a woman if she has enough stamina to run for office or lead a country again.

Hastings
Dec 30, 2008

Is this him being so exhausted now that he is just quitting? Or is this solely the dementia? It boggles my mind that no one in his inner circle is able to wrangle him in or tell him what needs to be done. Now even more work will need to be done to catch up on what was said when he shoots his opinion on Africa later.

Hastings
Dec 30, 2008

Crabtree posted:

3 months without sex is taking its toll on him, if he even remembers what his penis really is.

What do you mean three months without sex? Ivanka is with him 24/7.

..oh right, we're still pretending Melania loves him.

Hastings
Dec 30, 2008

The fact that there is no denial tells the public that there is truth to this. I am hoping this leads to some real consequence.

Hastings
Dec 30, 2008

I bet he really thinks you can magically drop off a bunch of money in a box labeled "Healthcare" and everything gets solved. Note he doesn't specify giving that additional money to pharmaceuticals, or doctors or gasp even to the American public.

Hastings
Dec 30, 2008

alpha_destroy posted:

Jackson was pretty genocidal. Add racist as Trump is, he ain't Jackson.

Hey, give it time. We're only a few months in. :cool:

Hastings
Dec 30, 2008

Rinkles posted:

No comment on Portland, right? That is pretty hosed up, even for DT.

He is so narcissistic (and likely cognitively declined) that at this point his brain is most likely on a feedback loop of obsessively thinking about perceived slights. Better hope someone on his team makes something up on his behalf.

Hastings
Dec 30, 2008

I might pass out from ecstasy if Kushner actually got caught holding papers aflame and a lighter in the other hand.

Hastings
Dec 30, 2008

Yesss...teenagers doing what they do best, and with a purpose! I hope this reaches a fever pitch so Ryan has to explain why destroying the futures of children is a good idea.

Hastings
Dec 30, 2008

Ummm, yeah, that's going to be a no from me.

Hastings
Dec 30, 2008

WHAT?!

This does NOTHING to alleviate the gently caress up. They realized that disintegrating goodwill between Europe and US is a terrible idea, but all this does is make it clear that he is immature and cannot be trusted.

Hastings
Dec 30, 2008

I seriously want to know how any of these individuals could believe they never used a govt. social program. What do Republicans consider to be a social program? Is it just anything those 'losers' other than them use?

Hastings
Dec 30, 2008
I admire Hillary, but I really think she needs to go fade into the background for awhile or at least be politically involved on a smaller scale. She is trying to push herself as the face of resistance, but the problem is that she is not that likeable, and this is the time for new, progressive faces. And her response to Trump's typo while having a shred of truth, was pretty embarrassing and dramatic. We don't need intelligence to be ascribed to him to feel better about our losses. What we need is for Trump to be dressed down, taken to the cleaners and come across as the strong option.

Hastings
Dec 30, 2008
I cannot wait to see how Spicey responds to this, but I have a feeling that right now he is currently drinking himself to death. This is a LOT of bad news to try and turn into something resembling not a total embarrassment.

Hastings
Dec 30, 2008

glowing-fish posted:

Chuck Tingle already wrote it last month, dude.

Chuck Tingle is a god drat American treasure. I went to his Twitter, and a sense of patriotism welled up inside me.

Hastings
Dec 30, 2008

FizFashizzle posted:

Goon Project?!?!?!

I'll get started on some concept art

Tell me if you need some strategic planning, and I'm your gal.

Hastings
Dec 30, 2008

Ah yes, this evil knows no bounds.

Hastings
Dec 30, 2008

BRISTOL PALINS BABY posted:

Millenials will never catch a break. We graduated highschool to get sent to Iraq. We get back in time to go through the Great Recession. Survive that by creating the gig economy and never having a career. Now we get to look forward to climate catastrophe and constant medical anxiety. I hope when the seas rise, the Boomers' coffins are washed away.

I've had family members nag at me to buy a house and that we could have another kid as long as "we just started saving money". I would save money if we had any extra, and weren't living pay check to paycheck. There is a huge cognitive abyss where Boomers think they really had it tough so millennials need to "learn the benefits of hard work too".

Hastings
Dec 30, 2008

Aves Maria! posted:

boomers had it real tough, with their good jobs directly out of high school that paid fair wages with benefits. poo poo was torture

And their beautiful dreams of retirement.

Baby Boomers are an outlier though...our grandparent's generation and prior ones are more populist focused and built on hard work and generosity. The Baby Boomer focus on just putting your head down, fitting in and assimilating with power and searching for pleasure no matter what are poison to a functioning society.

Hastings
Dec 30, 2008

Trabisnikof posted:

If we blow up Europe and Asia again we could probably ride pretty high in the US again.

Well, since Trump is working his way towards that, I guess he inadvertantly is making America great again.:smugdon:

Hastings
Dec 30, 2008

drat, he is almost in Slenderman territory towering over them like that.

Hastings
Dec 30, 2008

Confounding Factor posted:

From /r/The_Donald

Conservatism is the new counter-culture

This is like an Urban Outfitters ad gone ban. Is the idea here that these guys are so privileged that they'll become isolated by it, and ultimately end up alienated? This weird irony and delusion is so odd. These kids have to be the generation after millennials.

Hastings
Dec 30, 2008

Dirt posted:

Jesus Christ this is brutal to watch

When the GOP meets St. Peter at the pearly gates, I hope this re-plays and damns them for all eternity. They must hear his voice as each flame licks them into non existence.

Hastings
Dec 30, 2008

Ogmius815 posted:

Narcissistic personality disorder is a clinical disorder and being a mental patient raised by a cult does not make you competent to diagnose it, especially in someone you have never met.

Maybe not, but as someone working in mental health with a background in diagnostics, I and my colleagues agree that he is a classic case of Narcissistic Personality Disorder. Even looking at old footage, it is apparent. He can never be wrong and everything is about his successes, and he only aligns with individuals who can serve a need he has.

Hastings
Dec 30, 2008

Google Butt posted:

Funny you mention this, I was having a debate on healthcare with a republican making $220k+ a year and it basically came down to how many thousands of additional preventable deaths he was okay with for cuts and when he would care about them.

I know this is a little later in the thread, but that is a hugely sociopathic/antisocial set of responses. Is this a friend you have had long? Because I would love to know if they have always had these believes, or if this really is a case of someone holding antisocial beliefs later in life. I think it would be phenomenal to have studies that explored what political parties have the highest amount of sociopaths.

e: dog tax

Hastings
Dec 30, 2008

Google Butt posted:

Nope, just some dude in a hobbyist Slack channel I came across. After posting that McConnel tweet about not meeting with march of dimes with the tag "F f gently caress you got mine" he responded with:

Mental health nerd speak here, but that response of his is textbook dysfunctional. A normal person would read your text as saying, "Wow, that is a douche move and an empathetic person would respond differently". His response was immediately to make it about him and put himself in the place of victimhood.

Hastings
Dec 30, 2008

Dick Trauma posted:

Not only did the CEO's son ask for an LCD so he can use a Fire Stick to run Fox news all day long he just posted a form letter of some sort from Melania on his cubicle wall. My workplace is packed full of Trump supporters and it gets so bad sometimes I need to close my door, put in my earbuds and pump up the volume to drown them out.

I'm actually surprised you aren't drinking on the job. I have chosen work in the inner city, in predominantly black businesses, partially for that very reason. I don't have to have those odd conservative quirks to deal with on top of a stressful work day.

Hastings
Dec 30, 2008

Quorum posted:

There's a lot of that and also a lot of people with thankless retail backgrounds. I always feel a little out of the loop because my work is both outdoors and quite physical, not to mention poorly paid... :smith: It hurts a little hearing people chat about how people making $60k have wages depressed and such!

I am actually a stay at home mom and also starting my own mental health consulting business while writing a book. I would actually be pretty psyched to make any money, so I understand your pain. :smith:

Hastings
Dec 30, 2008

KickerOfMice posted:

I've said before that Zuckerberg has all the charisma of a filthy manhole cover and I stand by it.

Excuse you sir, manhole covers have a purpose and serve the community. How dare you insult them like this?

Hastings
Dec 30, 2008

He is one evil, smarmy little rat.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hastings
Dec 30, 2008

"By golly! I can't believe such a thing could happen! I mean, he wasn't BLACK black, you know?"

• Locked thread