Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Sloober
Apr 1, 2011

mcmagic posted:

Trump doesn't understand the philosophical differences between what he said during the campaign and the people he hired to write his budgets and it is going to hurt him A LOT politically.

Naw, nobody is holding President Trump to the words of Candidate Trump. They've dismissed a billion things as campaign trail issues

PhazonLink posted:

He's a tortoise, get it right.

Personally i think he is unable to swim, so this makes sense and is more appropriate.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sloober
Apr 1, 2011

mcmagic posted:

I know but Trump doesn't understand how damaging what's in his budget is going to be to him politically and none of it is because of his ideology.

If it weren't for how cripplingly bad for this country Trump is i'd give him the benefit of doubt for possibly, and finally, destroying the republican party through sheer incompetence.

For fuckin' real how do you nominate and get in a bernie madoff economist, like literally profited from Madoff. Madoff worked because nobody scrutinized it as it happened, this poo poo is pulled apart within an hour.

Sloober
Apr 1, 2011

Moatman posted:

All of his Rs and Ns are uppercase. That's unusual but at least consistent.
His Os are all over the place, though.

Who are you to judge? Did you ever think maybe he wrote a small capital O??

Sloober
Apr 1, 2011
Can't wait for democrat obstruction to cause all these people to drop out of running for a position.

(Waiting for that headline)

Sloober
Apr 1, 2011

WeAreTheRomans posted:

Shhh if you keep mentioning his name he'll find his way to this thread, all he does is Google himself all day long

Joe Arpaio

Joe Arpaio

Joe ARPAIO!

Sloober
Apr 1, 2011

Al Borland Corp. posted:

Why the gently caress do these idiot racists always continue to stand there and talk into the camera? Just loving leave and get in with whatever your racist rear end was gonna do!

Friend let me tell ya about how dumb people make dumb decisions, and entrench those dumb positions firmly because they have no choice but to do so, rather than admit,'Ok maybe none of this really makes any sense'

Sloober
Apr 1, 2011

HappyHippo posted:

When does the CBO score come out? I'm concerned that the top line numbers are going to look "better" than the last one for reasons that will be difficult to explain concisely - for example, there will probably be fewer uninsured than the last bill, because people will have lovely cheap plans that don't cover anything. And for the same reason they'll probably predict that premiums will be lower.

the macarthur amendment is new and apparantly will basically wipe out whatever savings they get from the AHCA, so this will be worse

Sloober
Apr 1, 2011

Huzanko posted:

Everyone with any decency already left the GOP. As has been said many times here before: Why would you be a Republican unless you're interested in tax cuts, punishing the poor, or hating and restricting the rights of minorities of women, or care more about dead babies than living ones?

They're not a party with a vision for the future. They're just a party that wants to fellate the rich while selling an imagined fantasy of the past.

The only future they think to is their tax returns so, checks out

Sloober
Apr 1, 2011

evilweasel posted:

lol the georgia race has gotten so expensive local tv stations are reorganizing their lineup so they can show more political ads:

https://www.buzzfeed.com/henrygomez/georgia-special-election-has-republicans-wondering-about?utm_term=.kgKq6bxz4v#.shA4rRLvnZ

I'm going to laugh even harder knowing this if they actually lose. All this money for a 'safe' seat

Sloober
Apr 1, 2011
https://twitter.com/ThePlumLineGS/status/867427806413811712

That doesn't look good

e.

https://poll.qu.edu/national/release-detail?ReleaseID=2460

quote:

"Retirement age voters are leaving in big numbers," Malloy added.

Uh oh

Sloober fucked around with this message at 18:29 on May 24, 2017

Sloober
Apr 1, 2011

Captain Invictus posted:

I really, really hope she's part of the russian collusion, and they can seize her assets if not jail her. At the end of this, she deserves to be left penniless or worse for loving with the education of children and bringing back discrimination that hasn't been seen in nearly three quarters of a century.

I hope so but i think she just bought her position the old fashioned way and is, not at all unexpectedly, unable to do it well.

Sloober
Apr 1, 2011

Hollismason posted:

The problem with a lot of those religious schools is it leaves students unprepared for college in many ways.

That's how you cut down on college debt, by making kids too stupid to get into college. No debt to worry about!

Sloober
Apr 1, 2011

Fart City posted:

Yeah, I had a kid drop into one of my creative writing classes that had exclusively gone through a religious education system, and he could barely interact with people. The sheer volume of baptist-anime sci-fi he submitted to workshop didn't help things, either.

please share

Sloober
Apr 1, 2011

Chilichimp posted:

So am I reading this right? The right-wing has been duped into believing the democrats were funded by George Soros... so they started laundering Russian money through PACs to gain "even footing?"

No, it's more likely they realize that they've been dwindling in numbers and are resorting to every trick in the book (including russian money) to try to fight that.

Sloober
Apr 1, 2011

There Bias Two posted:

This is exactly the kind of poo poo that worries me.

The people that say they'll vote him because of that will have voted for him regardless of it happening

Sloober
Apr 1, 2011
Literally treating like a tenant forgetting to pay their rent.

Sloober
Apr 1, 2011

Al Borland Corp. posted:

If you want money from a Republican president, you better loving elect a republican governor. If your state is blue gently caress you.

That's the message.

I'm glad i live in a state whose only natural disasters are Scott Walker and David Clarke

Sloober
Apr 1, 2011

Chilichimp posted:

And Paul Ryan.

And the diet of a green bay packer fan.

We got real fuckin great german food here, great brats, cheeses. Not a down side.

Sloober
Apr 1, 2011

RuanGacho posted:

WI isn't allowed to show it's face in public until Paul Ryan, Scott Walker and Donald Trump are out of office.

Own your sins.

yo dude we know wi's got some real poo poo people in its electorate

don't forget reince prius came from this electorally retarded state

Sloober
Apr 1, 2011

RuanGacho posted:

They aren't capable if they don't run the government.

It is time for the egalitarian renaissance.

Yeah I get it I'm just ribbing you guys.

I know how hard it is, I have to do all I can to get rid of Dave Richert next election.

There's some hope with the potential of redrawn districts, but they're being redrawn by the GOP here again. Hopefully that, too, gets struck.

Sloober
Apr 1, 2011

Ripoff posted:

Prester Jane is a time traveler from the future her to warn us about a great calamity that will befall us, I'm convinced. I still chuckle about how drat hard she nailed down Donald Trump's character all those months ago.

I cry about it more than I laugh, though.

I cry tears of insanity daily, consuming the worm from within while the crow feeds on me

Sloober
Apr 1, 2011
https://www.wsj.com/articles/how-alleged-russian-hacker-teamed-up-with-florida-gop-operative-1495724787

I uh, hmm, well OK.

E.

Basically straight up GOP dude talkin with Guccifer 2.0 about getting dem data, and getting said date via guccifer

https://twitter.com/mattyglesias/status/867792397157236736

Sloober
Apr 1, 2011

LeeMajors posted:

Sean Hannity isn't a journalist in any possible, remote interpretation of the word.

95% of fox isn't, all they do is react to poo poo or talk about how dumb some LIEberal mouthpiece is

Sloober
Apr 1, 2011

Nah friend, that's confrontation. He'd back away and say he has to consult his lawyers and never come back.

Sloober
Apr 1, 2011

Groovelord Neato posted:

in a just world paul ryan would be ripped apart by a mob of poors like that fat pope in game of thrones.

MEAT

Sloober
Apr 1, 2011

B B posted:

Sorry to bring back Zuckerberg chat, but he's giving his commencement speech at Harvard . . . and it's incredibly political. To summarize, he referenced New Deal and Great Society and said that it's time for a new social contract to include universal basic income and health care that isn't tied to employment; he also said that rich people like him should be paying for these sorts of social programs.

Certainly sounds like he's running for something.

Oh good the demoncrat version of trump, perfect, clearly the best answer to trump

Sloober
Apr 1, 2011

I have it on good authority Donald Trump prefers his navy seals dead

Sloober
Apr 1, 2011

Chilichimp posted:

So they automatically take out 10% of the left-wing respondents to account for voter suppression?

They conduct land line surveys

Who is most likely to have a land line, and who do they tend to vote for

That 48% is his old people approval rate, which is not good

Sloober
Apr 1, 2011

axeil posted:

The people gnashing their teeth and screaming THIS IS HOW DEMOCRACY DIES when the Dems lose a race in an R+20 district by 6 points instead of 20, when there are 120 seats less Republican than that one and confirms a nation-wide shift of about 15 points towards the Dems need to pull themselves together and get some perspective.

They're like Clevleand Browns fans who are FURIOUS they failed to win the Super Bowl last year despite never really having a shot from the start.

More people should become football/sports fans, it's a great way to learn expectation management.

And I say that as someone who famously melts down after every Eagles loss.

Yeah for real; losing sucks, but the margin was way closer than it should have been, especially with how many R+3-7 districts there are. I'm not terribly affected by the loss there, since it bodes well nationwide that a deep red seat was that much closer

Sloober
Apr 1, 2011

BootStrap posted:

I really think that he may be cognitively impaired. There was an article on CNBC.com comparing his speech patterns and vocabulary from interviews in the 1980's and 90's to his current speech patterns. The contrast was remarkable.

Everyone knows it, gently caress, the guy is a barely functional old man. The GOP is just a bunch of craven bootlickers that care more about their stupid loving brand or else they'd do something about it.

How anyone reconciles donny now and donny in the 80s or even early 90s is beyond me. Seems like clear cut evidence of a man with a debilitating mental disease beyond just affluenza

Sloober
Apr 1, 2011

business hammocks posted:

Trump right on schedule to steal 40 cakes.

The funny thing is that before he became dc comics president, Lex Luthor divested from his business interests.

There's a lot of comic book villains that have shown more ethics and principles than Donny

Sloober
Apr 1, 2011

Shooting Blanks posted:

Hiding it with the amount of publicity the President gets, at his age, and with him already aware of just how much he's in over his head will be a challenge at best. We've got a few more years at the very least. It'll be interesting to see just how much Trump family/Pence/Cabinet/GOP try to shield him from the spotlight if he declines, vs. just throwing him under the bus.

When POTUS traditional diplomatic responsibilities get shifted to someone else is when it starts, because the can always say he's staying in the US for MAGA.

Sloober
Apr 1, 2011

Leon Trotsky 2012 posted:

Trump's USDA and Department of HHS have given Scott Walker approval to require drug testing for all Wisconsin residents on food stamps, Medicaid, or unemployment insurance.

The Wisconsin joint finance committee just approved it on the state-level today.

This will be the largest public drug testing program in the United States; even more than the Federal government.

http://host.madison.com/wsj/news/lo...5391bb6d48.html

Legit hope scott walker chokes on his deli ham and kraft singles sandwiches

Sloober
Apr 1, 2011

Hollismason posted:

Didn't they do that in FLorida and find that it was incredibly cost prohibitive?

It's been done in a dozen states or so and they have all failed miserably.

Sloober
Apr 1, 2011

Hollismason posted:

They'll probably input super harsh sanctions on things that don't affect Russia at all like " All Volkswagen imports from Russia are completely BANNED". Etcc. So it'll look like really tough sanctions but then in reality they do nothing.

" We completely banned all avocado imports from Russia, as you can see we are very tough on Russia".

"Their millenials can no longer get avocado toast"

Sloober
Apr 1, 2011
gently caress yeah! You ride that rocketship to state fiscal crisis wisconsin!

https://twitter.com/ScottWalker/status/868158321542533120

Sloober
Apr 1, 2011

Spun Dog posted:

Didn't Brownback try this too and now the state is basically bankrupt?

Yes (more or less)

What's most frustrating is GOP is just as into the snowflake ideology as they say they're against it. It didn't work for other states but THIS STATE is special.

Sloober
Apr 1, 2011

Fansy posted:

making states bankrupt is the GOP's goal

I can't wait for wisconsin avenue to be a gravel road because they cant afford to maintain it.

Sloober
Apr 1, 2011

Leon Trotsky 2012 posted:

Nah, transferring wealth to established businesses and high-income individuals is the GOP's goal.

They've proven that they are willing to fund the government or raise taxes as long as the tax is regressive and used to subsidize established business interests.

It just happens to work handily with the wealth transfer

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sloober
Apr 1, 2011

BarbarianElephant posted:

I don't see why this would be a problem. Just take your helicopter.

Unless you are some sort of *poor.*

I have conducted an extensive survey of southeast WI and they notably lack decent helicopter landing facilities, i cannot take my heli everywhere

• Locked thread