Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Gaunab
Feb 13, 2012
LUFTHANSA YOU FUCKING DICKWEASEL

vaginite posted:

I just watched Problematic with Moshe Kashner on Comedy Central. It had Anne Coulter and Lucian Wintrich, who spouted off their usual crackpot bullshit about mainstream media and its unfair crucification of Trump via The Liberal Bias. This is stupid, its playing right into the Fox News style.

What Fox News has done right since its inception is play to the rubes. Fox gets a PhD, brilliant scientist on a show who explains that over the last 60 years and thousands of data points, temperatures have risen at an alarmingly high rate. Then the counterpoint is a rube who says "Well it snowed in Florida yesterday and its June!" Fox presents this as though the rube and the scientist both have equally valid points, and the dunces watching all clap.

Trying to involve these people in rational discussion is pointless, even counterproductive. It is a lowering to their level, like trying to logically explain to an 8 year old that they cant have Oreos for dinner every day.

The main non-Fox networks need to get rid of this type of programming. Why act like these people have valid points to argue against?

Jimmy Norton was also on the panel with Coulter and Wintrich but I cant bring myself to poo poo talk that sweet little cherub.

Because Comedy Central wants money and giving any hack comedian their own political talk show is the easiest and cheapest way. They've got a Jim Jefferies show lined up and another one to target black people called Hood Adjacent. It's not going to end anytime soon.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Gaunab
Feb 13, 2012

Wow those are some beautiful skies.

Gaunab
Feb 13, 2012
Covfefe? Oh my god it all makes sense now. There's still time to save Cleveland!

Gaunab
Feb 13, 2012

JeffersonClay posted:

The actual quote

"It's to avert attention. It's like covfefe. Trending! Worldwide! Maybe for a minute you'll forget the latest accusation about them transpiring with Russia," she said. "It's the circus, right? It's what a classic authoritarian does."

She's not wrong.

I'm starting to think Hillary disking Grooveland Neato posted tweets from a biased source.

Gaunab
Feb 13, 2012

Boris Galerkin posted:

In a way companies are already kinda doing this. Boeing has been relocating a lot of their jobs from Washington and California over to the South and/or Texas because those places are giving them better tax cuts and also because those places hate unions.

The problem is you're going to need to do a whole lot better to convince people like engineers to leave their coastal cities like Seattle move to shitholes like Atlanta. You'd have to pay me like twice my hypothetical Seattle salary to get me to even consider wanting to move to Atlanta, and no I don't care that "cost of living in Atlanta is less than Seattle." If I'm earning say 80k in Seattle then I'd need an offer of 160k in Atlanta to move there because you're kind of asking me for a lot and engineers are still in a position where we get to choose and be picky.

You don't know much about Atlanta do you?

Gaunab
Feb 13, 2012
Satan was hailed.

Gaunab
Feb 13, 2012
What are the chances that some of the customary things that the President is expected to do will be put into law in the future?

Gaunab
Feb 13, 2012

This is hilarious if true.

Gaunab
Feb 13, 2012
I can't wait for this Georgia race to be over. It feels like it's been going on for an eternity.

Gaunab
Feb 13, 2012
This thread is going to be insufferable today.

Gaunab
Feb 13, 2012
There needs to be reform in the voting practices of America! Races last so long that too much time and money go into them that could be used to improve our communities; not to mention that elections being held on Tuesdays limit the amount of citizens who can express their right to vote. I say it's enough and it's time for change to come!

-GAUNAB 2018

Gaunab
Feb 13, 2012
What time is Jeh Johnson testifying?

Gaunab
Feb 13, 2012

I just picture this in my head:

Gaunab
Feb 13, 2012
If Obama shouted from the rooftops about Russia interfering with our elections and the GOP went against him, then I can people using it as evidence of a bias against Trump. It'd make the arguments of fake news and the deep state sabotaging Trump seem more legitimate for some people.

Gaunab
Feb 13, 2012

Abbas was probably upset that the White House sent Kermit the Frog.

Gaunab
Feb 13, 2012

repeating posted:

Today in FAKE NEWS news:

3 CNN Journalists Resign After Retracted Story on Trump Ally

https://www.nytimes.com/2017/06/26/business/3-cnn-journalists-resign-after-retracted-story-on-trump-ally.html

The way this story is set up is very vague.

Gaunab
Feb 13, 2012
Disney should just put a Hillary Clinton bot in their hall of presidents just to gently caress with Trump.

Gaunab
Feb 13, 2012

farraday posted:

Face blindness test, which one of these is a terrible human being?

https://twitter.com/SenTedCruz/status/880073819557416960

It's both

Ted Cruz has started multiplying

Gaunab
Feb 13, 2012
I wonder if Tillerson just glares at his wife whenever he's home.

Gaunab
Feb 13, 2012
There was also a movie about Benghazi and Wikileaks. Never been a fan of biopics that take place so soon after the incidents; they seem to muddle the waters of what actually happened and could spread false information.

Gaunab
Feb 13, 2012

Owlofcreamcheese posted:

It feels weird when people complain about college not being "worth it", like I'm college educated and absolutely I feel it's super obvious that that doesn't give me anywhere near the buying power my parents had and that is a super real problem. But when I talk to people my age without college educations (who aren't in some unique situation like owning their own business or doing unique skilled trade) it seems like their finances are literally on fire at all times and they are going to die irl from it at any minute.

Like I always agree with people that the situation with the value of a college education dropping is super super hosed up and a real problem but it always seems crazy to me when people start talking about actually wishing they had not got one or telling kids not to get one. Like even with college being all hosed up it feels like going to college is your chance to be an adult who now faces issues that only used to face people in poverty while having only a highschool diploma lets you face problems that only homeless people used to deal with.

College is a privilege that employers treat as a right if that makes any sense. The way it's treated at least in the US is hosed up.

Gaunab
Feb 13, 2012
You tryin to make me math son? We don't take kindly to that round here. :clint:

Gaunab
Feb 13, 2012
Why is Poland courting Donald Trump again?

Gaunab
Feb 13, 2012
I always figured Putin was childish like Trump. Putin is more of the clever kid in class who knew how to push people's nerves without actually getting in trouble and Trump is the kid who would do anything for attention.

farraday posted:

https://twitter.com/kylegriffin1/status/883329866493546496

Good to see Trump knows not to try the dominant hand shake bullshit with his boss.

The way Trump is sitting reminds me of a kid who knows they're about to get a scolding.

Gaunab
Feb 13, 2012

CmdrRiker posted:

Dude, he always sit like dat. Everyone is reading way too much into this poo poo.

Calm down everyone.

I wasn't trying to speculate about their meeting but it's just like you said, he always sits like that and that's how I always read it. It's also kind of funny because people on the donald always try to present Trump as some "alpha male" but he his body language often says the opposite.

Gaunab
Feb 13, 2012

Robot Hobo posted:

Red Dawn 2: Red Don

:golfclap:

Gaunab
Feb 13, 2012

Given Trump's negotiating skills, that seems about right.

Gaunab
Feb 13, 2012
Gonna be real strange explaining this to grandkids if things get better. Actually it'll be strange no matter what.

Gaunab
Feb 13, 2012

Grapplejack posted:

Them not having kids is also kind of a problem because they don't have the "but what about my kids" thing when they decide to gently caress everything up for their own personal gain. No kids = no worries about what they leave for those that follow; it's not like they have a personal connection at that point.

Just like how atheist have no moral barometer.

Gaunab
Feb 13, 2012
I doubt I'm the only person but I'm getting a little sick of those bumper stickers being brought up almost every other day for the past two or three weeks.

Gaunab
Feb 13, 2012

farraday posted:

If the name Anthony Scaramucci seems familiar to you it may be because he was the target of that CNN article they retracted connecting him to Russian investment.

http://www.latimes.com/business/hollywood/la-fi-ct-cnn-resignation-20170626-story.html

So CNN can't report on him. It's like double jeopardy or something :smugdon:

Gaunab
Feb 13, 2012
Is there a reason this thread becomes more anti-Hillary after 6:30pm eastern US time?

Gaunab
Feb 13, 2012
SNL should get Ben Stiller to play Scaramucci.

Gaunab
Feb 13, 2012

BIG HEADLINE posted:

I hope Hillary can resist making some "MY WILL BE DONE" tweet, but seeing as she's got a new book coming out... :cripes:

Just gently caress her already so you can get it out your system. Jeez

Gaunab
Feb 13, 2012

Rocko Bonaparte posted:

No poo poo, you made me and my wife talk out how we think this whole King of the Hill thing would go.

Bobby and Peggy totally go for Hillary. Bobby's got no problems with women.
Dale won't vote because that's how the get you.
Luanne has a good chance of going for Stein given prior history rolling in with the communist, but it kind of unclear given her character development and Buddy. Buddy would probably surprise everybody by saying he's not voting for Trump.
Boomhauer would have also gone Hillary. He has no hangups to deal with.

The episode would have been about Bill falling into a MAGA cult of other fat, insecure, white men, and the gang will have to drag him out of it. Bill will be joined by Hank's boss and the B plot will be Hank having to deal with voting for Republicans in 2016. The turning point of the show would be Hank explaining the weight, power, and sanctity of the vote or something to Bill. At the end, it shows Hank agonizing in the booth before ending up leaving the president blank and casting the ballot. They'll ask him how he chose and he'll say he chose to vote or something else.

Who the hell is Buddy?

Gaunab
Feb 13, 2012

pillsburysoldier posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YTyQgwVvYyc

I want Cernovich to lose his mind over this so bad

Of course a beta male would make a video that says alphas don't exist :smug:

Gaunab
Feb 13, 2012
These slow news days suck for this thread.

Gaunab
Feb 13, 2012
I'd pay to see Cheney get in a fist fight with Bannon.

Gaunab
Feb 13, 2012
It's infuriating how fast the idea that both sides were being violent is spreading. Some people will bend over backwards trying to explain how all this isn't just the white supremacist fault.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Gaunab
Feb 13, 2012
I'm watching MSNBC and goddamn are they going out of their way to give Trump the benefit of a doubt. He hosed up and has a history of loving up but no, he might say something and become President now.

• Locked thread