Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Nothus
Feb 22, 2001

Buglord

Democrats. :ughh:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nothus
Feb 22, 2001

Buglord

Ogmius815 posted:

No actually a new AUMF is needed and should have been done years ago.

Fine, I'll reserve judgement until the details are out. But please don't give these jackals carte blanche to start another war.

Nothus
Feb 22, 2001

Buglord
Northern Ohio could be east coast if we give the western reserve back to Connecticut... :v:

Nothus
Feb 22, 2001

Buglord

glowing-fish posted:

The world is bigger and more diverse and people have different interests and experiences. One of the worst things about Trump is that he has collapsed the United States dialog into the difference between New York City and Toledo But the people in the East really have no idea that there is a larger world than the world between NYC and exurban Indiana . To them, it is a gigantic difference. To the rest of us, all those areas are basically the same: no good burritos, and cannabis is illegal.

Lol. If you wanted to be clever about it, you'd say that Toledo is part of southern Michigan.

Nothus
Feb 22, 2001

Buglord

:lol:

Nothus
Feb 22, 2001

Buglord

The Glumslinger posted:

https://twitter.com/MattDoyle76/status/867540981607825408

Hmm, this guy seems like a bad candidate or something

What an rear end in a top hat. Even if you're conservative, this is a lovely thing to say.

Nothus
Feb 22, 2001

Buglord

Spaced God posted:

This might've been covered but buried under WWE Summerslam 39 at Bozeman:
https://twitter.com/BBCDomC/status/867637121938583553
Jesus Christ we really do suck don't we

Leaking Trump administration pratfalls is a public good, but I don't understand why someone saw fit to blab details of the UK's Manchester bombing investigation to the press. It really does hurt an important on-going investigation and it only feeds into the GOP narrative that the real crimes are the leaking.

Nothus
Feb 22, 2001

Buglord

Shimrra Jamaane posted:

Honestly, what can Fox even do to get themselves out of their death spiral? Their demo is 70+ and dying off by the day and young people don't give a gently caress about cable news. And of those that do they want to see coverage of the Trump dumpsterfire which Fox is absolutely forbidden from covering. Not to mention how they alienated their most promising talent in Kelly forcing her off the station. And their staples like O'Riley and Hannity are either gone or on the way out. They were all excited to spend the next 4 years bashing Hillary every hour of every day and had literally no fallback plan.

God I want this loving network to die a miserable death.

Be careful what you wish for. It's replacement will be Breitbart or Stormfront.

Nothus
Feb 22, 2001

Buglord

Lumberjack Bonanza posted:

Stormfront is old hat, and sites like Breitbart have already replaced them in younger demographics. That's kind of their entire problem.

Fine. How about an InfoWars or ZeroHedge tv network? I guess what I'm saying is that there will always be a market for conservative shitheads. Someone will fill that vacuum. :v:

Nothus
Feb 22, 2001

Buglord

Waffles Inc. posted:

In before (((lentils)))

I thought the lentil thing was some kind of (((reference)))

Nothus
Feb 22, 2001

Buglord

QuoProQuid posted:

What is it with this thread and food?

Goons, man. :burger:

Nothus
Feb 22, 2001

Buglord
loving :lol: at the democrat stereotype the Missoulian found to interview for this story (she looks cool as hell tho).

http://missoulian.com/news/governme...11f62d6a2d.html

Nothus
Feb 22, 2001

Buglord

BiohazrD posted:

I'm dead serious, the democrats should run on a repeal stupid gun laws (Because there are a bunch!) while simultaneously putting in universal federal background checks.

You're pretty much describing the Obama administration's view of the issue. Aside from floating useless measures like banning high-capacity magazines, liberal gun law policy the past few years has focused on better background checks and closing gun show loopholes.

Nothus
Feb 22, 2001

Buglord

business hammocks posted:

Isn't the issue with this race that it shouldn't be remotely close, to the point where +10 for a republican there is a warning sign for tight races later?

Yes, but we can't let that get in the way of good old "everything sucks" freakout.

Nothus
Feb 22, 2001

Buglord

axeil posted:

I mean, if Quist loses it's deeply disappointing because in a universe where Ben Jacobs gets bodyslammed last week or 2 weeks ago Quist wins easy probably

Yes, which is why anyone who tells you that America sucks because the Ben Jacobs punchup didn't affect an election in which 60% of the votes were mailed in early is an idiot.

Nothus
Feb 22, 2001

Buglord

Spiffster posted:

He also gains incumbent advantage where baring him leaving he's probably staying. Look at Walorski in my district. Hasn't met with us in years and still wins despite being extremely unpopular. Name recognition alone is enough for him now to coast

Maybe not after two more years of the Trump clownshow and when people are actually losing their health insurance.

Nothus
Feb 22, 2001

Buglord
loving :laffo: that the Russians thought they could influence the Trumps quietly on the DL. It's like a Cohen Brothers comedy come to life.

Nothus
Feb 22, 2001

Buglord

This should just be the national anthem for now on.

Nothus
Feb 22, 2001

Buglord

Well that's infuriating. I knew Trump's stupid infrastructure plan was going to be a euphemism for strip mining public assets.

Nothus
Feb 22, 2001

Buglord
You guys do realize that with Jared out, Steve Bannon is back in.

Edit: also, lol, Trump totally quit the Paris accords after getting shunned by the mean kids at the Euro summit. Macron deserves some kind of medal for humiliating Trump.

Nothus
Feb 22, 2001

Buglord
The lack of interest in state and local elections is just as much at fault for the GOP's hold on power as Trump's election. If you skip state house races, you're part of the problem even if your state isn't competitive in national elections.

Nothus
Feb 22, 2001

Buglord

Party Plane Jones posted:

https://twitter.com/AP/status/868863456275034117

Enjoy your 20 hour flights trapped using the in-flight entertainment.

It's a real catch 22. If you allow laptops in the cabin, ISIS boogeymen will blow up the plane. If you put them in the hold, a lovely Chinese battery could catch fire and also bring the plane down.

Nothus
Feb 22, 2001

Buglord

Pakled posted:

My dad bought a fuckton of guns during the Obama years and when he passes away, I'm not sure what I'm going to do with them all. I don't want em and I know it would be better for society​ if I just destroyed them, but on the other hand, I'd probably make something in the high four digit range selling them all.

You could start your own left wing militia.

http://www.wrath-bearingtree.com/2017/03/left-must-prepare-for-violence/

Nothus
Feb 22, 2001

Buglord

Pinch Me Im Meming posted:

General question:

How does it feel like to be an american as of right now?

We've been this way for a long time. It's just that the facade of normalcy is finally flaking off.

Nothus
Feb 22, 2001

Buglord

loving perfect. The dude who's unrelenting drive to send dick pics to minors ruined American democracy and plunged us into the darkest timeline suffers no consequences.

Nothus
Feb 22, 2001

Buglord

Hastings posted:

I seriously want to know how any of these individuals could believe they never used a govt. social program. What do Republicans consider to be a social program? Is it just anything those 'losers' other than them use?

Easy. "government social program" is free money for lazy poors who don't pay any taxes. Things like social security and the mortgage interest deduction don't count because I pay my taxes, and I'm just getting back what I paid in.

It's flawed, but there's a logic to it.

Nothus
Feb 22, 2001

Buglord

Jaxyon posted:

She didn't run an incompetent campaign. She got more votes even and survived a strong primary challenge.

President Donald John Trump

Nothus
Feb 22, 2001

Buglord
Hacking into lightly secured email servers and then leaking the results through Wikileaks while using social media bots to amplify the narrative isn't technically complicated or expensive.

Nothus
Feb 22, 2001

Buglord

RiggenBlaque posted:

I don't think I'll ever get over the shocking hypocrisy of Evangelicals supporting Trump, it's just too much to take in.

They basically voted for the Supreme Court seat. That's pretty rational imo.

Nothus
Feb 22, 2001

Buglord

Night10194 posted:

How the gently caress does a Republican lose the MILITARY?

Constantly threatening to get us into more bullshit wars?

Nothus
Feb 22, 2001

Buglord

Haha the kids are alright.

Nothus
Feb 22, 2001

Buglord
The Saudis have done all kinds of dumb stuff in the region to force their hegemony. The US should be using it's leverage to get the Saudis to back off of a key ally, but loving dumbfuck Trump decided to go all-in dogpiling on Qatar to help his new Saudi BFFs.

Jesus christ. :ughh:

Nothus
Feb 22, 2001

Buglord

Xae posted:

It worse than just that.

The entire point of having a US base in your country is for the protection it gives you.

If the US rolls over for KSA and lets Qatar go down one of the foundations of international politics is removed.

Absolutely right. We're loving amoral ghouls, but we stick by our allies, and Trump is loving that all up.

Nothus
Feb 22, 2001

Buglord

America has the government it deserves.

Nothus
Feb 22, 2001

Buglord

Jaxyon posted:

WTF happened? Last I heard they were still expecting a landslide, if smaller than what they had been.

Theresa May is the new Hillary Clinton.

Nothus
Feb 22, 2001

Buglord

Chilichimp posted:

Every time someone talks about how Comey "leaked" his unclassified memos... bring up how Chaffetz "leaked" the unclassified memo from the FBI to the chair and ranking members of the congressional oversight committees about reopening the Clinton investigation.

You can't take the tack that Comey did this and is therefore in violation of the law without also believing Chaffetz should be in jail.

Yes you can. Politics isn't rational. There is no judge awarding logical consistency points.

Nothus
Feb 22, 2001

Buglord

Parrotine posted:

Well drat, the Comey trial came and went, he basically said 'Trump did Obstruction of Justice', and Congress just goes 'eh, he's still learning'

Cheeto Mousillini ain't going nowhere till 2020, might as well get used to it :cry:

Did you expect Republicans to suddenly turn on Trump? I think your expectations were a little off.

Nothus
Feb 22, 2001

Buglord

Reik posted:

I thought Trump praised the blockade?

:lol: Someone must have told him how much military we have based there.

Nothus
Feb 22, 2001

Buglord

Jesus Christ. Trump is officially above the law.

Congrats America, you're now a loving banana republic.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nothus
Feb 22, 2001

Buglord

Ice Phisherman posted:

Lower courts will eat this alive. Foreign governments paying off the president to influence policy is an existential crisis for American democracy. Moreso than almost anything else we've come across actually.

Also if they're pushing this he definitely took money from a foreign government and it will be leaking within at least the next month or two.

I hope so, and I'm absolutely sure he and his loving family are on the take. Vote for a Democratic house in 2018, people.

• Locked thread