Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Fulchrum
Apr 16, 2013

by R. Guyovich

pkay posted:

What are you raging about here? Me using the word retard? Ok I won't use the word retard anymore.

SHUT! UP!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fulchrum
Apr 16, 2013

by R. Guyovich

pkay posted:

Does he know about hookers and blow?

Have you seen the hookers in Indiana? Its just a scarecrow someone nailed a fleshlight to.

pkay posted:

Yea, calling me an immense piece of poo poo surely is the way forward. Once again, gently caress this guy and everything he stands for. I agreed to stop using the word and he continued to have a ragegasm.

You used it twice during the post where you said you wouldn't use it.

Fulchrum fucked around with this message at 11:31 on Dec 21, 2017

Fulchrum
Apr 16, 2013

by R. Guyovich

dbukalski posted:

It wouldnt be so expensive if a large portion of american, and by default the worlds, wealth wasnt concentrated in nyc

And Des Moines would be more interesting to live in if the whole city flew. What's your point?

Fulchrum
Apr 16, 2013

by R. Guyovich

Crow Jane posted:

I mean, even then you'd just have a slightly higher view of... Iowa

No, it could fly away from Iowa.

Fulchrum
Apr 16, 2013

by R. Guyovich

sean10mm posted:

What makes you turn into a Bannon looking motherfucker? I'm thinking a lot of cured pork products and pasteurized process cheese food.

No, apparently that just makes you look like Lemmy.

Fulchrum
Apr 16, 2013

by R. Guyovich

Evil Fluffy posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=A_Tj3tx27_w

...I miss when Arrow was good better than what is is now.

He says while linking a clip from Season 3

Bottom Liner posted:

the entire point of TLJ was to poo poo on past Star Wars films :laffo:

Is that why they redid the battle for Hoth, but made sure to basically turn to the audience and say "See? THe ground is covered in salt, not snow. COMPLETELY different!".

Dapper_Swindler posted:

loving this. the movie is all about the older generation either loving up and or failing or being stupid monsters and its up to the younger generation to make it a better place. the only bad part of finns arc is how badly hamfisted the ending is. other then that he is fine, that bad parts of his plot line arnt on him, its all weird pacing issues. the themes are still strong and tie into the rest of the movie.

Did you watch the same movie I did? Its completely filled back to front with the younger generation being the fuckups and only the old wise generation being able to be proved absolutely right and then saving the day by being better than anyone else could ever hope to be and pulling stupidly powerful poo poo they couldn't do before outta their asses. Hell, young people trying to go against the wishes of their elders accomplishes jack and poo poo all, except to (a) replace Snoak with someone slightly more competent, and (b) get 99% of the Rebellion forces slaughtered. If they'd all shut up and done as they were told by Luke and Leia, they'd be exactly where they are now but with a less capable enemy and more resources. Its almost to a Forrest Gump level of "You young people need to sit down and do as you're told and let the older people who know better handle things"

Everything that Finn, Poe and Rey do in this movie only serves to make things worse, with the sole exception of Rey lifting the rocks. What are these failures of the older generation? I can't think of one thing anyone over 50 did in that movie that wasn't the perfect thing to do and anyone who questioned it was proven to be the worst.

Moatman posted:

https://twitter.com/daveweigel/status/943934097088499714 This is hell. We live in hell. We all died and didn't notice it.

Fulchrum fucked around with this message at 01:31 on Dec 22, 2017

Fulchrum
Apr 16, 2013

by R. Guyovich

mango sentinel posted:

Well here you go: Luke created Kylo and got his other students killed, Snoke was a hubristic idiot who died for it, Holdo's plan gets hosed up because she wont just tell Poe what the plan is. Leia's the only one who doesn't really fail because of her own hubris.

Luke was 100% vindicated in his decision when Rey reaches out to Ben, tells him she doesn't think he's evil and he can still be saved, and his response is to start talking about killing everyone because gently caress it, he wants to burn everything down because its all too complicated, maaaaan. That response basically means that Luke was entirely right - there was just pure evil in him and he needed to die.

Snoke is the villain, we're not counting that.

Seems to me like you're just blaming Holdo for Poe loving up. If he had just known his place, he wouldn't have helped in a stupid mission that got everyone killed. This is in keeping with the opening where again, if Poe had just known his place and listened to orders, they wouldn't have been handed a Pyrrhic victory.

So again, we're back to Luke, Leia and Holdo were right about everything, and everything young people did just hosed it all up.

duodenum posted:

Right, if one cruiser going recklessly to light speed can wreck three star destroyers and a huge flagship thing, then why didn’t they do that with the first ship that began to fall behind? Why wasn’t this technique used in ANY past battle before this? Weak, lazy, bad writing. This poo poo should have been called bullshit while the script was still in the idea phase. Maybe stop trying to put out one Star Wars movie a year if you can’t polish scripts fast enough so they don’t suck.

Thats not even the bullshit I was specifically thinking of. Force Ghosts can just summon magical lightning to blow up anything they drat well please from beyond. The gently caress? Why aren't you assholes doing that all the time? Just appear in the Death Stars generators and lightning bolt that poo poo til it blows up, stop the rebels from having to do it. Also, Leia can now fly through space without a suit. Because gently caress you, thats why.

mcmagic posted:

I'd watch a video of it.

Even you don't deserve that.

Fulchrum
Apr 16, 2013

by R. Guyovich

Petr posted:

Finn was perfect in those scenes. It makes perfect sense given his backstory as a stormtrooper. That poo poo was like nothing he'd ever seen before.

Wait, no it doesn't, that makes the opposite of sense given his backstory. He's not one of the conditioned and cloned Stormtroopers, he's just a conscripted soldier. So he'd have had shore leave and stuff like that.

Fulchrum
Apr 16, 2013

by R. Guyovich
OH GOD THE CUPHEAD DERAIL IS BACK! AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAGHHHHHH!

EDIT: DOG IS SCREAMING AS WELL! AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAGHHHHHHH!

Edit#2: Additional dog tax for people who want to stop thinking about Trump or Star Wars.

:nms:this poster is an idiot! signed: mod:nms:

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

(USER WAS BANNED FOR THIS POST)

Fulchrum
Apr 16, 2013

by R. Guyovich

mango sentinel posted:

More Star Wars spoilers
Rey didn't travel back in time and try to convert Kylo Ren at the same time Luke did. Luke very clearly doesn't have perfect knowledge and maybe Ben could have been redeemed if he didn't think Luke was trying to murder him. Kylo Ren now has been through some poo poo that has dragged him far deeper into darkness since then. Holdo smugly talking down to Poe was as wrongheaded as his refusal to trust her. Poe wasn't right for what he did, but she hosed up as a commander by refusing to earn the trust or respect of her troops. You unilaterally dismissing Snoke just because he's a villain is stupid. His downfall is keeping in the themes of the film as much as every other failure.

We'd need to know, basically, loving anything about Snoke and what he did to Ben to get him on his side in the first place to presume that there was significant changes between then and now. As it stands now, all we have is that even after Rey did try to reach out to Ben and do what she felt Luke should have done, it didn't work and he's still evil.

This is just as applicable an argument to why Poe needed to learn to respect the chain of command as it is about Holdo not explaining every part of her plan to all of the soldiers, so its basically shoehorning it in to try and make it stick. And either way it still doesn't excuse that Poe engaged in one of the biggest fuckups in the movies, and the blood of innocent people is on his, Finn's and Rose's hands.

Snoke dying had nothing to do with a mistake he made or a frailty or an old way of thinking, he was just tricked. Also, I don't even care that much about Star Wars, but even I know the Sith are supposed to expect that their apprentice always tries to kill them and take their place, so it seems more that the guy just straight up forgot the basics of his own universe.

Fulchrum
Apr 16, 2013

by R. Guyovich

Snowman_McK posted:

Have we talked about how badly Trump strongarming the UN backfired yet? Because that was pretty funny.

We'd need to see what the gently caress he does in response. We know he's a coward, so theres a chance he will just do nothing, but he also is a bully with incredibly thin skin, and may try to withdraw or declare the UN terrorists or some poo poo.

Uncle Wemus posted:

Would you watch Chadwick Boseman
Yes.

Fulchrum
Apr 16, 2013

by R. Guyovich
Yeah, that was a really poor comparrison. I think Nicholas Angel or Alex Murphy would probably be a way better comparrison.

Fulchrum
Apr 16, 2013

by R. Guyovich

Testekill posted:

Booo, Australia was gutless by abstaining from voting. Are we just so scared of upsetting Donny that we don't even have the integrity to vote in favor of vetoing the Trump statement?

Canada dis the same. I think for the same reason. "We were gonna vote yes, but then you did this threat bullshit, so gently caress you."

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fulchrum
Apr 16, 2013

by R. Guyovich

Ganson posted:

If they're not doing this or going round 3 on Obamacare... what exactly do they have? I mean they don't stand for anything except more money for rich people which they got with the tax hike and it's an election year.

Being inneffective and blaming Democrats for it.

• Locked thread