Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
goethe.cx
Apr 23, 2014

DLC Inc posted:

how would that work? could it just be in limbo and then get struck down sometime after?

my armchair lawyering says that it'll be challenged and the plaintiffs will ask for a stay on rolling back the regulations until the court can determine whether the repeal was legal. reaching a final decision on the merits takes a while

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

goethe.cx
Apr 23, 2014

Lightning Knight posted:

Hypothetically if we’re lucky, it’s held up on court charges until a Dem administration reverses it.

I don’t think they’ll be able to tie it up in court for that long though and once it goes through the telecoms will never let it come back.

the telecoms don't really have a say if the next dem administration is committed to it

goethe.cx
Apr 23, 2014

Office Pig posted:

Lest you ever forget Jones ought to broil alive in his own fat.

at first I thought you meant Doug Jones and I was like "what the hell"

goethe.cx
Apr 23, 2014

I want it to be Mueller time already

goethe.cx
Apr 23, 2014

Triskelli posted:

Max comedy option: with a historically unpopular tax bill on his desk, Trump chooses to veto the bill for a bump in approval ratings.

the one thing that would get congress to impeach him

goethe.cx
Apr 23, 2014

some dipshit on my facebook feed posted "Correct me if I'm wrong, but the democrats could have filibustered this bill but didn't." fortunately someone corrected her, but these uninformed leftists irritate me so much

goethe.cx
Apr 23, 2014

pkay posted:

There won't be another Democrat president.

:jerkbag:

goethe.cx
Apr 23, 2014

TB probably should have stopped telling people to kill themselves, repeatedly

goethe.cx
Apr 23, 2014

i'm the downward-sloping demand curve

goethe.cx
Apr 23, 2014

Sinteres posted:

Fortunately we still have more than two years

well...

goethe.cx
Apr 23, 2014

I think Bernie could win and I'd vote for him, but who he picks as VP would be a crucial issue

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

goethe.cx
Apr 23, 2014

farraday posted:

Doubt it. You really should have governor or senator if you want to be taken seriously and both of those are up this year in MN and he isn't running for either of them. He also doesn't offer much for a VP candidate, but DNC for funding credentials is a strong resume for the fund raising apparatus you need to lead in the House. I mean he could obviously still declare for Governor, but Speaker seems like it's a pretty obvious target for him ever since he ruled out running for Senate.

ok, so Bernie runs and picks Jerry Brown as his running mate. they win and both die in office, paving the way for unelected president Ellison

unelected MUSLIM president Ellison :getin:

• Locked thread