Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
KickerOfMice
Jun 7, 2017

[/color]Keep firing, assholes![/color]

Spaceballs the custom title.
Fun Shoe

Office Pig posted:

Holy poo poo they're still pushing this?

Those temporarily embarrassed bible-belt millionaires need to make sure those drat [EPITHET DELETED] aren't using food stamps for lobster and hennessey.
Right?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

KickerOfMice
Jun 7, 2017

Fun Shoe
re: Comey question:
Let me tell you about my electoral college win.

???

KickerOfMice
Jun 7, 2017

Fun Shoe
I know the whole country should be used to it by now, but before even a question, just actual juvenile poo poo-talk against the press. It'll never not be shocking to me.

KickerOfMice
Jun 7, 2017

Fun Shoe

Shimrra Jamaane posted:

Where are delusional conservatives getting their news from now anyway? FOX News has fallen to 3rd in the ratings and Brietbarts traffic has plummeted. Is AM radio on a comeback?

I assume Infowars/FreeRepublic, generally further toward the fringe. I saw the other day, should have screenshotted it, the comments to a Fox article with the majority of respondents accusing htem of becoming the "new CNN."

:shrug:

e: And now the I think of it, just really really lovely insane social media voices.

KickerOfMice
Jun 7, 2017

Fun Shoe

skylined! posted:

https://xibanya.github.io/frontpages/ this thing is still awesome. the testify thing is the headline on most major news outlets currently. even if he didn't mean to say it, he's going to think he did after watching everyone say that's what he meant.

:wow: That IS awesome! bookmark'd

KickerOfMice
Jun 7, 2017

Fun Shoe

Knifegrab posted:

This is from a few pages ago but holy poo poo destroy the state of Ohio.

I really love "But the media distorts..." All the loving media did during the entire testimony was point a camera at Comey. This video is just people being asked very direct questions, then shuffle-and-deal the deck of talking points, whether they are remotely relevant answers or not.

Yes, migraine.

KickerOfMice
Jun 7, 2017

Fun Shoe
Priorities, people. The president of the United States of America just blocked Stephen King on twitter.

https://twitter.com/StephenKing/status/874646427091251201

Pressing issues.

KickerOfMice
Jun 7, 2017

Fun Shoe

what

What the gently caress. The great sweeping actual dangers that are happening lately I am able to hold out at arm's length and examine. It's the tremendously juvenile poo poo like this. So petty, so spiteful. This man has a warmachine at his command.
How did we get here? I need a drink.

KickerOfMice
Jun 7, 2017

Fun Shoe

From RightWingWatch

Gohmert posted:

…that there were FBI agents that found the tens of thousands on Hillary Clinton’s email server—not her server but Anthony Weiner and Huma [Abedin] Weiner’s laptop and they realized there’s classified stuff here, there’s evidence of crimes here. The rumor was, that not only that, but that some of them said you’ve got to reopen the case against Hillary Clinton because the evidence is here showing a crime, and if you don’t reopen the case we’re going to resign, we’re going to have a press conference and we’re going to be able to say that the FBI director, Comey, is shielding Hillary Clinton, protecting her, and refusing the allow the evidence. That was the rumor and it seemed to have substance to it and I want to know if it’s true because the Democrats of course got upset that he announced just nine, ten days, whatever it was, before the election, that he was reopening, and I told one the media then. They said, “Well, it really looks like he’s trying to help the Republicans.” And I said, “We’ll know a day or two before the election, because if a day or two before the election, when they have not had adequate time to go through all of the email on those laptops, if he comes out and says, ‘We checked and everything’s clean, everything looks good,’ then we’ll know this was to protect Hillary Clinton not to hurt her, and it will have protected her.”

Also, a lol:

quote:

Gohmert’s speech also touched on other favorite Religious Right themes: that Christians are under attack in the U.S. and that God sent President Trump to give us one more chance to stave off the divine judgment we have earned.

Spooky

KickerOfMice
Jun 7, 2017

Fun Shoe

Dapper_Swindler posted:

god i havent gone on right wing watch in like a year because it made me disgusted and depressed how loving insane these people were still are and will probably keep on truckin'. also i mostly get my news hear.

FTFY

:(:respek::(

The religious flavor of this venom is pretty rough yea, RWW specializes.

KickerOfMice
Jun 7, 2017

Fun Shoe

Sephyr posted:

As a foreigner, I have to ask: Is anyone here from Louie Gohmert's district or knows it well? What kind of place elects and re-elects someone so consistently dumb and vile?

I poo poo you not I was about to type "well Texas elected Ted Cruz and I've lived there for awhile, most of the people seem pretty nice." But of course, I now learn that Gohmert is a rep from Texas. There perhaps lies your answer.

KickerOfMice
Jun 7, 2017

Fun Shoe

my bony fealty posted:

Rural and surburban Texans would elect a flaming bag of poo poo over literally Jesus Christ, if the shitbag had an R next to its name and Christ a D

San Antonio wasn't so bad, there's hope .

Right?

KickerOfMice
Jun 7, 2017

Fun Shoe

litany of gulps posted:

Looks like he's east Texas, which is known primarily for being policed by literal highwaymen that prey on minorities. It's not really the cowboy part of Texas, there are no major cities out there, and it's basically an extension of the South and all of the baggage that comes with that. Think Confederate flag waving racists.

East Texas? I almost forgot about this fine [R somehow] fellow.

I googled 'anime texas rep' and yessir, first result. He loves his anime titties. LOOOOVES THEM.

KickerOfMice
Jun 7, 2017

Fun Shoe

litany of gulps posted:

He's Travis county, which is Austin and some rich people/aging hippies living on Lake Travis. He was elected to a local Republican party thing. That area is actually probably the most progressive in the state.

I thought that blockhead was from east Texas. Keep Austin weird, but not that weird.

e: haha from the politoon thread

KickerOfMice fucked around with this message at 01:09 on Jun 14, 2017

KickerOfMice
Jun 7, 2017

Fun Shoe

BRISTOL PALINS BABY posted:

See, as a fellow lazy person, there's a simpleness to this that I kind of respect. I would love a job where I could drop any pretense of knowing what I'm talking about, and just be a literal retard forever. Where can I just slide into some district and be a progressive Louie Go-Mert?

Yeah that's a spot on phonetic pronunciation. If I may paraphrase the venerable tv show 'parks and rec':

"They tolerate slash ignore me, which for an American politician is pretty much the best we can get!"

go-murt maybe?

KickerOfMice
Jun 7, 2017

Fun Shoe

mik posted:

Did Trump really gently caress over Rs in congress that blatantly? Calling it poo poo publicly after convincing them to go vote for it?
My question: did he screw them over (let's be honest, no matter what he did, it was blatant), or are republicans -having publicly supported this guy in the election- having to own their actions? And hey! it turns out with Trump, it's not all bluster, he is actually a narcissistic boy-prince.
Your party controls executive, and legislative. How can the bill be risky unless it's beyond a steaming heap of poo poo?

KickerOfMice fucked around with this message at 01:49 on Jun 14, 2017

KickerOfMice
Jun 7, 2017

Fun Shoe

Lord Hydronium posted:

'I never thought guns would be shot at ME,' sobs congressman from the Guns Shooting at People Party.

From pages ago, but still.

KickerOfMice
Jun 7, 2017

Fun Shoe

TildeATH posted:

I'd prefer people vote white supremacists out of office than shoot them.

Vote them out, go to a town hall and yell at them. Hell throw some rotten fruit, but for god's sake don't try to execute them at baseball practice, wtf.

KickerOfMice
Jun 7, 2017

Fun Shoe

Shimrra Jamaane posted:

Because of what happened this morning the news is paying attention to every "normal" shooting that occurs somewhere in America on a daily basis. It's like when there's a high profile shark attack and everything involving sharks becomes head line news even though literally nothing is going differently.

Ahh, another day in paradise. :911:

KickerOfMice
Jun 7, 2017

Fun Shoe

Trabisnikof posted:

Why? Lone people have been targeting politicians in this country for centuries.

Workplace violence is far more likely to impact the lives of everyday Americans. And the people it impacts will be far worse off. Victims and their families of this shooting in DC will be taken care of for life. I doubt you can say the same about the victims of the shooting in SF or their families.

That's all very true. But one of these two situations makes for more dramatic TV.

KickerOfMice
Jun 7, 2017

Fun Shoe

Robot Hobo posted:

Don't think of him ownership as a hobby or a right, think of it as a religion. As stupid as that sounds, it'll get you closer to the truth than whatever logic you may try applying to it.

^^^^^^
This might sound like grand hyperbole but i can assure it is not.

Okay, story time-
My friend's dad last week was watering a plant that grew over his arbor, and stepped onto a slightly buried stone do get some height. He (A bit of a heavy guy) slipped and came down on both kneecaps smack on concrete. He got carted off to surgery and I'm a nice guy :v: so I offered to feed his cats while he's on the mend. I knew the guy carries all the time all the time. He's got two gigantic solid safes of firearms of all sorts. Not a gun nut, a collector and a level-headed dude. Worst he ever does is go shooting with his buddies at the range. Well, a week later we got to cart his busted-rear end home and set him up to hobble around with his walker. He is doped up on the good painkillers, has to use one of those framed pseudo-toilet thingies, and still, still insists on having a pistol on him at all times.

I had to argue with this dude about which was more important to have on his person should he fall, a pistol or a telephone. They are venerated objects.

:rolleyes:

KickerOfMice
Jun 7, 2017

Fun Shoe

Push El Burrito posted:

My grandmother is on muscle relaxers and the first time she took one she called me saying she couldn't find her dog so I went over and her dog greeted me at the door and my grandma was all "I can't find my dog." Turns out he was next to her looking everywhere she did while she was looking for him :3: My point is, dogs are cool, drug side effects are not, and I wish I had one of those toilet chairs next to my bed.

:yeah:

KickerOfMice
Jun 7, 2017

Fun Shoe

Alter Ego posted:

Can't wait till a Congressman shoots a constituent!

Are you kidding, a reporter will be first.

KickerOfMice
Jun 7, 2017

Fun Shoe
Not that it's anything to debate or discuss, but TalkingPointsMemo has some cell video of the baseball practice shooting. This rear end in a top hat went whole hog, jesus.
Sorry if it's a repost.

KickerOfMice
Jun 7, 2017

Fun Shoe

enraged_camel posted:

Fixing the American system is very easy: get private money out of politics. Candidates should be able to use only public funds. Not even their own money.

Boom. Fixed.

Agreed - simple is one thing, but easy is another. Such action would have to be law, those that handle lawmaking are infested with private money etc etc. Even if it were to become law, these are people we are talking about. New ways to circumvent said rules would be pretty much zero-day. But yeah, in my opinion the largest detriment to government doing what the public actually wants is a self-fueling engine.

Either that or replace everyone in government with incorruptible, moral, people.

Wow, I really didn't want to be that much of a downer.

KickerOfMice
Jun 7, 2017

Fun Shoe

Discendo Vox posted:

Define "private", "money", "politics", "Candidates", and "use," please.

Compare this post to your title. It's like a mirror, heh.

KickerOfMice
Jun 7, 2017

Fun Shoe

awesmoe posted:

yeah, not this guy.

the other guy
PCP-laden Frasier Crane?

KickerOfMice
Jun 7, 2017

Fun Shoe

awesmoe posted:

it was NOT this guy in the hospital

A joke, man.

?

KickerOfMice
Jun 7, 2017

Fun Shoe

awesmoe posted:

it has been a long sad day and for some reason (not sure why?) seeing pictures of this guy

cheers me up

Don't question it. :cheers:
No worries, and is it a full moon tonight/today or what?

KickerOfMice
Jun 7, 2017

Fun Shoe

I keep reading this, someone clue me in?

KickerOfMice
Jun 7, 2017

Fun Shoe

awesmoe posted:

it has been a long sad day and for some reason (not sure why?) seeing pictures of this guy

cheers me up

Taking a good look at this again, the portrait centered on his wall is what?

Is that a younger him or white Jesus or- who centers a portrait on a wall?

KickerOfMice
Jun 7, 2017

Fun Shoe

Ty.

Defeatism is always a good sign if the leaders you-

AAAGGRRRHHHHhhhhAAaaa.

KickerOfMice
Jun 7, 2017

Fun Shoe

Guy better watch out, his surname is Khan.

KickerOfMice
Jun 7, 2017

Fun Shoe

Subvisual Haze posted:

How does every single wall frame fail to be level with anything else?

Life in surreality.

KickerOfMice
Jun 7, 2017

Fun Shoe

:golfclap:

KickerOfMice
Jun 7, 2017

Fun Shoe

Owlofcreamcheese posted:

Redbox feels like the last company that would exist in the far future

In the grim far future, there are only rentals.

Technically the red on the box would get them returned faster :shrug:

KickerOfMice
Jun 7, 2017

Fun Shoe

business hammocks posted:

FYI he's some weird kind of modern Calvinist.

An interview: https://world.wng.org/2016/09/ben_sasse_a_reformed_reformer
He claims to be a 'reformed lutero-calvinist' and I don't even know where to start with that... whatever. e: faith salad?

KickerOfMice fucked around with this message at 19:40 on Jun 15, 2017

KickerOfMice
Jun 7, 2017

Fun Shoe

Telsa Cola posted:

Since presidential libraries are (in my understanding) privately funded and mostly designed by private groups couldnt a group make library mostly making GBS threads on trump?

The daily show is one step ahead.
http://thehill.com/blogs/in-the-know/in-the-know/337587-daily-show-to-open-library-dedicated-to-trump-tweets

The Hill posted:

'Daily Show' to open library dedicated to Trump tweets

The real-life library will be free and located at 3 West 57th Street in Manhattan, just steps from Trump Tower.

“You can go to both of those buildings for Trump’s tweets,” Noah said, “but ours will let you in.”
The satirical news program says exhibitions at the library will include a “marquee attraction” that allows visitors to compose “a totally necessary tweet upon a golden toilet installed in the Oval Office.”

Another exhibit, “Sad! A Retrospective,” will showcase a video displaying “a collection of people, places and things that the President has deemed ‘SAD!’”

:v:

KickerOfMice
Jun 7, 2017

Fun Shoe

skylined! posted:

Donate to the ACLU or other similar charitable orgs that help fight this poo poo

Namely, the Southern Poverty Law Center

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

KickerOfMice
Jun 7, 2017

Fun Shoe

Without question.

e:

Not only that, but there are also these groups now?!?

White lives matter
Blue-:cop: lives matter
All lives matter

KickerOfMice fucked around with this message at 00:13 on Jun 17, 2017

• Locked thread