Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Anime Schoolgirl
Nov 28, 2002

Supremezero posted:

I'm not sure which is the more surprising story here, that someone walked out on Pence, or that the mayor of South Bend is literally named Buttigieg.
his name is pronounced boo tee (lol) jayg but he's not all that surprised when people say "butt ee geeg"

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Anime Schoolgirl
Nov 28, 2002

GreyjoyBastard posted:

It's pronounced Bootijedge, tragically.

booty jauge

Anime Schoolgirl
Nov 28, 2002

Party Plane Jones posted:

Sessions is a monster part 9438

Sell a tiny amount of crack? 30 years in the slammer.
Launder a billion dollars in cartel drug money? Slap on the wrist.
racist prosecutors and sheriffs are universally heroin barons and not a single month goes by without one of them being slammed for heroin trafficking

Anime Schoolgirl
Nov 28, 2002

Low Desert Punk posted:

So, just to get my alt-right talking points straight, the new thing is that Obama had a secret back channel to Iran so it makes what Kushner did okay?
obama established a monitored diplomatic comm channel to iran which is Totally The Same Thing as a secret back channel plus russia is going to bring slavery back so this obvious subversion must be defended

Anime Schoolgirl
Nov 28, 2002

FourLeaf posted:

gently caress yeah, time to accelerate the oncoming climate disaster! :toot:
i'll do you one better

sanctions :unsmigghh:

Anime Schoolgirl
Nov 28, 2002

Sinteres posted:

It might have "worked" for them with Trump, but choosing extreme candidates in primaries cost Republicans a lot of winnable elections over the years. The idea that centrism is why Democrats lose is dumb.
otoh "centrism" shouldn't mean "capitulation"

Anime Schoolgirl
Nov 28, 2002

evilweasel posted:

mcconnell tried to sabotage it even before trump was elected
putin's making drat sure he gets his rubles worth

Anime Schoolgirl
Nov 28, 2002

Every now and then people need to be shown this just to see what kind of stakes we're facing as a species.

Late Stage Capitalism.txt

Anime Schoolgirl
Nov 28, 2002

awesome-express posted:

Peg everything to the euro
this unironically

Anime Schoolgirl
Nov 28, 2002

also, it's not a vhs tape, it's a flash drive

Anime Schoolgirl
Nov 28, 2002

Kramdar posted:

The Pee USB 2.0 Cruzer is real.
Western Digital getting lots of mileage out of the Sandisk acquisition :capitalism:

Anime Schoolgirl
Nov 28, 2002

AmiYumi posted:

I remember someone bringing up 15-20 pages ago "prepare for some bullshit from Clinton's book about slaves as the distraction du jour"; guess what is now popping up all over my Facebook? Interestingly not from anyone voting (R)*, but from my politically-dumbest, Jill Stein aficionado, "the Russia investigations are just a distraction", horseshoe-theory proving Leftist friends. The ones perpetually looking for an excuse to stay home and be holier-than-thou.

Kill me.

*whoever said it wouldn't catch on because they'd see it as neutral-to-positive, you get a cookie
racsexism

Anime Schoolgirl
Nov 28, 2002

nachos posted:

Too bad the US doesn't do election do overs
but really, who knows anymore, the R trail of succession could be so hosed in the case of impeachement/indictments that it may necessitate one

Anime Schoolgirl
Nov 28, 2002

nachos posted:

There has to be one weird trick to unlock full communism now in trump's "everything is on the table" negotiation strategy
it's called "second civil war" and unfortunately only a couple states will get it, the rest will be divided by china, mexico, and germany

Anime Schoolgirl
Nov 28, 2002

Low Desert Punk posted:

God, what I would give to be a fly on the wall when people are trying to talk sense into Trump.
i'm not sure you would want to work for russian intelligence agencies

Anime Schoolgirl
Nov 28, 2002

Fitzy Fitz posted:

I'm still not sure if I think a Mueller firing would be a net positive, but I like that the idea got Rick Wilson all fired up.

https://twitter.com/TheRickWilson/status/874435986306027520
I almost miss neoconservatives

Anime Schoolgirl
Nov 28, 2002

Al Borland Corp. posted:

Honestly I really hope our election was hacked. Then we at least have a loving excuse and can maybe save face in the international community later. "Sorry about Trump, we didn't loving elect him. Our sincere apologies we were even in a position to be hacked, please accept a return to normalcy"
That's a hard line to sell when a large part of the country brazenly admits that they do not care if that happened at all because it's all the better that the Russians would have helped them bring slavery back

Anime Schoolgirl
Nov 28, 2002

Robot Hobo posted:

Seriously, why is Trump's complete disinterest in filling government positions not a huge goddamn news story?
because the congress republicans and to a very slightly lesser extent the rest of capital want government to be hamstrung to fund their own tax cuts and parachute packages in the event of society's collapse

Anime Schoolgirl
Nov 28, 2002

Hollismason posted:

The Republican Party has been "dying off" for the last 15 years. They're not going anywhere anytime soon and to think that there will be a time where their base is completely gone is kind of silly.
Inbreeding Works

Anime Schoolgirl
Nov 28, 2002

Star Man posted:

lol no they won't use the rainy day fund for ~*~reasons~*~

Instead, all they're doing is slashing funds, laying people off, freezing hiring to everything except for the department of corrections and the University of Wyoming, selling public land, and praying that coal and oil prices go back up to what they were eight years ago.

I'm of the opinion that the state could be a leader in nuclear power development because there is probably more uranium in Wyoming than any other one state in the country, but the Wyoming government's corporate masters in fossil fuels won't allow it. Wyoming's largest contributor to state funds is energy royalties from mining, followed by sales tax. And if people in coal and oil aren't working, then they're not spending money to generate sales tax revenue. There is nothing for the state to fall back on and all those people that moved here looking for any kind of work during the recession have packed up and left if they are able to.

I live in Riverton and there are houses all over the loving place that are for sale that will probably never get sold and if they do, I doubt it will be what the seller thinks they'll get. I guess Lander is faring okay, but that's because the town is more white collar and no one says "I hate Lander because there are too many Indians" like they do about Riverton. Cheyenne might be going through some growth as people who don't like the cost of living in Colorado are slowly migrating there and commuting all the way to Fort Collins for work.
coal and oil companies are by and large incestuous in both demeanor and a literal sense

anglo-saxon hegemony writing itself out of existence is greaat

namaste

Anime Schoolgirl
Nov 28, 2002

Spiritus Nox posted:

Pee tape by a loving mile, even assuming that the Comey tape actually exists. Evidence of Russian leverage over the President is probably about as big a deal as actually making an illegal order, and icky pee pee sex work is much more likely to rattle his voters.
it's more likely they drink piss in public in solidarity

which, admittedly, will be really funny

Anime Schoolgirl
Nov 28, 2002

There Bias Two posted:

You're wrong. Aging does not go hand-in-hand with marked cognitive decline. This is a myth that has been perpetuated for many years due to lack of understanding of neurological illnesses.
it happens to young adults and children as well, turns out if you give nothing cognitively intellectually engaging to anyone regardless of age they become dim, whoa!

it's part of the reason why those facebook games aren't entirely bad for your grandma (but the posts definitely are)

Anime Schoolgirl
Nov 28, 2002

GreyjoyBastard posted:

It's not the dog's fault a shitbag owns it.
i've never met a racist with dog(s) who didn't abuse them in some fashion

Anime Schoolgirl
Nov 28, 2002

Your Taint posted:

So is there still another major story from tick tick tick guy that's coming or did that turn out to be nothing?
he said monday if trump doesn't leak it himself first

Anime Schoolgirl
Nov 28, 2002

Your Taint posted:

How credible is he?
a personal friend of comey's and several other FBI officials

Anime Schoolgirl
Nov 28, 2002

Hollismason posted:

Does that 6 month lock out include not being able to receive Medicaid? I could see that as a pretty horrific consequence
yes

basically if you don't pay your tithe to insurance companies (because that's all it is under the ahca) you're hosed

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Anime Schoolgirl
Nov 28, 2002

Shimrra Jamaane posted:

Gun manufactures like it when theres a Dem in the White House so the NRA has gotta be sweating.
they had to literally catch themselves from outright saying that they think castille deserved it and the more-liberterian-than-conservative whites are backing away from them :yum:

• Locked thread