Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty
I really, really hope she's part of the russian collusion, and they can seize her assets if not jail her. At the end of this, she deserves to be left penniless or worse for loving with the education of children and bringing back discrimination that hasn't been seen in nearly three quarters of a century.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty

BetterToRuleInHell posted:

Well, looks like we might know why Kim DotCom's big announcement was a flop:

That wacky DotCom!
gently caress, I was hoping he was trolling Hannity with his link to info being a link to his music album, looks like he's still irredeemable

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty
I've never played a far cry game but that's the first one that sounds remotely interesting, dunno if there's even been a game with that premise. Feel like I'd have hears fox news or something going absolutely ballistic about it.

Edit: also I knew Christians have been trying to undermine education for a while now, but never realized they had an entire organization devoted to it.

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty
Ubisoft striking while the iron's hot, for once.

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty

WeAreTheRomans posted:

Yeah it was a pretty big deal. I was like 9 and I remember it almost as vividly as 9/11 for some reason
Waco? Didn't we watch people die horrifically on live tv? Wasn't that when they started delaying video by like 30-60 seconds so they could cut stuff like that, or was it Budd Dwyer who caused that?

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty
Goddamn. I do like that the other guys at first try to say something but realize he's on a roll and just let him monologue. I don't really know this Joe guy but regardless of his affiliation, that's some sound, salient talk he's spittin' there for the most part.

And again, thank you for these posts, PPJ.

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty

FizFashizzle posted:

What's it been? Three, four months?

Yeah we're probably in the clear.

https://twitter.com/thehill/status/868095652693241856
Boy, I sure do hope that nice Mueller fellow puts some spring into the step of the investigation!

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty
This is good!
This is bad.

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty
I hope the speediness of information these days allows us to genuinely speedrun the Watergate treatment and get this all sorted out in a matter of months instead of years

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty

Jealous Cow posted:

Yeah that's the stuff
Garrison is noticeably porkening Trump up in his more recent images

even on the campaign trail Trump has never looked as awful as he does now, he's gained a shitload of weight, it's actually kind of staggering how much heavier he clearly is compared to when he was campaigning. Only a few short months and he looks like he's put on 80+ pounds.

Also whether he realizes it or not, Garrison is going to go down in history as an example of a propaganda artist. Wonder how he'd feel about that.

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty

Mustached Demon posted:

Has he really gained gently caress tons? I always thought he was a tubby mess since he dove into politics.

Could be his ppe?
I completely forgot about that, that could be. Though I bet he's still put on a good bit of weight considering his diet.

Data Graham posted:

Porkening? He's drawing him with freaking abs. That you can see through his shirt.
He did a real bad job of it in that one because that only looks like one big ab to me

compare to the literal bulging muscle version he's drawn him as before and it's a stark contrast

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty
Posting split America maps is pointless because the moment things fall apart, the nukes go airborne

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty

Welcome to GBS posted:

Why do you think this? Is it impossible to think of a world where the usa has less (or more) than 50 states? I guess I just don't get why that's a popular consensus.
I'm half-joking

and yeah I'm having a hard time imagining the US breaking up without rampant violence.

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty

Synthbuttrange posted:

Well we're halfway there

WeAreTheRomans posted:

...Woahhhh-oohhhh, killing Medicare!
magnificent

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty
A few pages ago now, but this thread moves too loving fast.

Potato Salad posted:

Having attended this very event years ago and still having it sitting in my memory as one of the most profound moments in my national identity, I can tell anyone not seeing the problem here, with confidence, that you and your intellectual dishonesty in insisting that you can't see what Trump is doing here can gently caress right the gently caress off and take a long hard look at the caricature of a patriot you have become.
while not at the arlington cemetery, I have been part of a memorial for fallen soldiers, and standing contemplatively or solemnly in thought while a single, or sometimes small group of professionally trained singers belt out the national anthem, and you are right on the money here. Witnessing the discussed clip, the only thing I can think is revulsion and contempt for the utter thoughtlessness he put forth, the lack of respect for the dead, the lack of patience for even a single minute, that he can't control himself for even a short period shows his total disinterest in respecting those who sacrificed themselves over the centuries for this country.

I've got a lot of complicated opinions on the military, enlistment, and soldiers. But the sacrifices they make is never once in doubt, and him bouncing on his heels while tapping along and disinterestedly half-mumbling the anthem he should know by heart shows a stark discourtesy to the masses who have given their lives for this country and we reserve this day to explicitly pay solemn respect to them.

PT6A posted:

So the problem is with Trump grinning and bobbing and swaying, and tapping along with the beat on his chest, right? Not singing the words?

This may surprise some people, but anthem etiquette differs between countries so this stuff isn't obvious to non-Americans.
for someone who, like a dozen pages ago, seemed so fervently sure of his opinions on the US, you don't seem to know a loving thing about it and its customs beyond what you might see on nightly news.

Ularg posted:

Trump swaying back and forth like an over-energized child is... well, childish. Is it the worse thing ever? Nah, just something that makes you shake your head.
This needs to be reiterated far too often I feel, but please do not normalize his stupidity.

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty

PT6A posted:

a bunch of people are going #NotAllAmericans about it.
You really shouldn't be all "sorry I hurt your feelings" or equate an active part of the country doing what they can to stop a coordinated undermining of the foundation of this country to a lovely twitter hashtag. It makes you look like a stupid poo poo. The main thing to focus on is getting a democratic government in power ASAP. Trump's presidency has helpfully exposed a huge amount of flaws in the system, and so long as enough intelligent democrats get in power, they can take steps to prevent those problems for the future. The constitution's old. It's a flawed document. This massively corrupt party on the right has shown there needs to be more checks and balances on our elected officials, especially one such as the president.

Hell, I had an argument with my air force veteran dad about governmental checks and balances just today, and he kept arguing for smaller government. When I counter-argued that the leading world power can't really be "small government", he didn't really know what to say. It seems like actually calling out right-wing folks on their reasons for wanting "small government" makes most of them stumble, or say something ridiculously stupid and naive in response.

Internet Kraken posted:

Its sad that Obama making fun of Trump because he would never be president is probably a significant contributor to him entering politics in the first place.
I don't want to say I am "glad" someone so utterly stupid and incompetent as trump was the nominee instead of someone who could potentially do an even half-decent job of hiding their awfulness, but if this was the time Putin was going to make his serious move to undermine the US government, he picked the worst possible tool. Trump has been an unbelievable wake-up call to a lot of people, especially those who "don't want to follow politics". He's making it very hard not to, because his actions are directly affecting vast swathes of the entire population, of almost all classes, races, and economic groups.

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty
First thing when democrats take control again: make town halls mandatory, once a month :unsmigghh:

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty

PT6A posted:

And I meant what I said about being sorry about hurting people's feelings. I get how incredibly frustrating it must be to be represented by this destructive imbecile. All I would ask is that you, in return, consider how frustrating it is for me and all non-Americans to see your country and its government behave in this fashion.
I understand your reasoning, I do. The problem being is people are looking at this from a surface perspective and not a multi-decade effort to weaken democratic power around the globe. It's not just a democratically elected thing, that's missing the main problem with last election. It involved a MASSIVE misinformation campaign unseen perhaps ever, it involved direct manipulation by a foreign power using the internet in ways it has never been used before on such a scale. Combined with an only decent democrat candidate and it's much easier to see how the election turned out the way it did. I don't want to get into a hillary would've won discussion, but rather pointing out that it's not JUST that people liked trump. There was an incredible amount of fuckery going on behind the scenes, and thats not even covering systematic voter suppression. Trump and his cronies being the bumblingest bunch of idiots now is greatly helping in exposing that.

Also, I wouldn't count out actual vote rigging. Did anything ever come of that study on a certain type of voting machine that showed a distinct pattern in trump vote increases? I recall they said they needed to test a lot more before making any official statements.

Fulchrum posted:

Because doing them worked out so much in favor of Dems in 2010.

Town Halls are a great way of getting people to get pissed off and yell at whoever is currently in charge for everything thats wrong. Don't for a second think that this is somehow America waking up to how lovely Republicans are.
Oh I just want republican officials to suffer for their lovely, corrupt politics. Them being able to opt out of town halls is bullshit. Face your constituents.

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty

TildeATH posted:

That's because that dog is garbage. That's the most second-rate overbred dog I've ever seen. Its name should be Sepsis.
Are you trying to imitate those two horrible pet island posters who insisted all non-purebred animals should be euthanized

Doing a good impression if so

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty
#covfefe is trending

what a time to be alive

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty
I was saying cahv-fee-fee

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty
I wonder if the Portland murders will result in people not being cordial with crazy white supremacists on public transit and instead just straightarming them immediately.

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty

ReidRansom posted:

Here is a news so you will all shut up about that person

https://twitter.com/Evan_Rosenfeld/status/870071829431320576

gently caress yeah, surveilling the press!

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty

Der Waffle Mous posted:

Pretty sure some people very recently got their throats slashed trying to talk down a nazi.

This is what I'm saying, this will probably make people much more likely to just deck a guy shouting threats and hate speech and beat the poo poo out of him rather than talk to him at all lest he pull this poo poo

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty
Feel free to make an actual argument instead of a stupid, pointless snarky emoticon reply friendo

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty

Spaced God posted:

Nah, I'll join you in very happily reminding people at the internment camps that Ossoff only lost by 2% and the average margin of loss for the Dems in 2018 was 1.5%, so we're on track to take over any day now once they start elections up again.
Can you and your nothing matters brethren gently caress off forever, since you're totally worthless? It'd be much appreciated, thanks!

Grouchio posted:

What would Trump blocking Comey's testimony do?
put us into the final leg of the Watergate speedrun

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty

cult member at airport posted:

https://twitter.com/ddale8/status/870693471677329409
It makes me so sad that my religious family members have all been brainwashed into believing this fucker is a paragon of Christianity.
https://twitter.com/CarmelByDay/status/870694228447305734

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty

Mustached Demon posted:

I think so yeah.

His wife had a miscarriage and each of his kids took turns holding it. It was kind of weird and by kind of I mean what the gently caress.

I'm not going to defend it but in moments of intense grief people do strange things.

When I found out my sister had been murdered I just went totally blank, walked into the middle of the street, and waited for a car to hit me. People don't act rational in extreme situations, and I wager for a nutjob like Santorum this applies ten times over.

Edit: this is no way a defense of Santorum as a person, but rather that humans do some weird loving poo poo when they are in the throes of grief

Captain Invictus fucked around with this message at 21:56 on Jun 2, 2017

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty
Good, focus fire the monstrous gnome down asap

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty

Hieronymous Alloy posted:

Source your quotes
it's related to the Loss comic.

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty

Fitzy Fitz posted:

I'm wondering what's up with Wisconsin's weird obsession with stepmon..
she's their favorite digimon

edit: drat, beaten to it by a boatload because I went to find an image!!!

Captain Invictus fucked around with this message at 02:04 on Jun 3, 2017

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty

The Glumslinger posted:

Update on the RWM proxy war between Bannon and Kushner
https://twitter.com/oliverdarcy/status/870785753831407616

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty
Anderson Cooper has been a wonderful critic of the trump administration, and today is his 50th birthday. He's getting roasted a bit on his show, and it's adorable. Look up when he talks about getting his AARP card if you can. :allears:

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty

Shimrra Jamaane posted:

Obviously everyone has their favorite local pizza place. But what is the best pizza chain?

It's Papa Ginos for the North East.
if we're gonna have foodchat for this evening's derail I'm gonna have to throw down and say papa ginos is some of the worst poo poo pizza in the world, and there's some shiiiiiitty pizza out there.

best pizza chain: Costco :smug: ted nugent is one of the few human beings I legitimately wish pancreatic cancer on

FlamingLiberal posted:

NYT reporting that Trump is not going to try and block Comey from testifying before Congress
drat!

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty

Hellblazer187 posted:

Captain Invictus is one of the wrongest people in the world, and there's some wrrrrooooong people out there.

Papa Ginos is the best. Whenever I'm in New England it's my first and my last stop. I will literally fight you over this.

Edit: Papa Ginos aint Papa Johns. Yes, Papa Johns is pretty trash. Papa Ginos is a New England only chain and it literally defines what good pizza is. All pizza is measured in terms it's variation from the Papa Ginos standard.

Edit2: Did you throw this out there just because you know there are a lot of people who feel strongly for Ginos and you knew saying this would drive somebody mad?
Let's duel, you czar of bad taste. I threw it out there because there's a shitload of them around here, and all of them have garbage pizza. lovely sauce, crust that is paper-thin and I would only ever feed to my dog, cheese that is middling at best and toppings that even dominos does better. It's on par with little ceasars, but LC at least has possibly the cheapest prices for pizza anywhere. I have been conned into eating it more than I care to admit over my life because it's often where lazy people go to get pizzas for birthday parties, work events, etc, since it's everywhere and convenient. It is the saddest pizza.

Meanwhile, ten bucks gets you an 18" hot and ready pepperoni, cheese, or supreme pizza at costco, and it's always good. Never disappoints. Plus you can get some fantastic berry smoothies to go with it for a buck 25 each, and their new brisket sandwich is loving great if a bit expensive(for costco).

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty

Hollismason posted:

Why not just eat garbage off the street instead of either of those places.
Please do not sexually proposition me.

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty

Trabisnikof posted:

That article interviews people who live in and grew up in Montana. But you're calling those people No-True-Westerners because they don't fit your limited worldview.
no he's saying that because he's a lovely loving gimmick poster

here is my ex-dog

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty

Hellblazer187 posted:

The problem with this discussion is that Ginos is only a thing in NH, MA, and CT, so most people reading this won't know what we're talking about. You already saw two posters thinking it was just a cutesy name you were giving to Papa Johns (which is, actually, trash). But you do me a big favor by saying your favorite pizza is Costco. Now anyone reading can judge the relative merits of our taste by comparison to Costco.

Costco is CONVENIENT. If you're there because you need to buy 60 lbs of dog food and you want to bring a pizza home without making a separate stop? OK, go ahead. I won't judge. But Costco as a destination for Pizza is simply insane.

Papa Ginos is the greasiest pizza in the world, which also makes it the best pizza in the world. Yes it's thin. When did thin become bad? It flops and drips and makes the world a better place. While on the subject of New England franchises, D'angelos has the best cheese steak outside of Philly. (Note that I don't give an "outside of Manhattan" qualifier for Ginos since it is actually just the best). IIRC D'angelos and Ginos are the same company or at least are usually right next to each other in strip malls so I'm sure you've "been conned" into having excellent sandwiches as well.

I didn't say my favorite pizza is costco, the question was what's the best chain pizza, and costco fits that bill. Papa Gino's is unfit to be used as worm food, let alone people food. Super floppy, soaked in grease pizza isn't a good thing friendo

Never ate at dangelos. There's enough good sub shops locally that I don't have to bother with lovely chain stores like subway or dangelos.

My favorite pizza place is run by a Pakistani dude and a Mexican dude. They make some crazy pizzas and it's beautiful. My favorite that they make, though it will make you hate yourself after eating it, is their Texas cowboy pizza: steak tips, bacon, grilled chicken, extra cheese, topped with barbecue sauce. Super good.

catspleen posted:

Just saw this link shared on FB.

http://www.nybooks.com/daily/2017/02/26/reichstag-fire-manipulating-terror-to-end-democracy/

It's old I know, but this (and probably being three episodes into the new season of House of Cards, which seems to be what they are building towards) got me thinking about what the likely response from the III%ers would be to something like this. I feel like it might be extraordinarily naive to take them at their word that they would lead an uprising against usurping the constitution and not just that they just hated a black man in the White House.

More broadly, say blatantly lovely Russian poo poo comes to light and/or jail/impeachment enters the realm of possibilities and Trump were to pull a Reichstag event that then pushed through terrible war powers and a severe erosion of US citizens civil rights. How would or could a coup like that work in a federalist system and a country with 300 million guns in civilian hands? I feel like California's response would be similar to their response to the pulling out of the Paris accords and not comply.
While I only got to reach a little bit of it before it told me to subscribe, people have been fearing a reichstag fire moment for a while. I think any attempt to take advantage of that to enact sweeping changes would be the straw that breaks the camel's back.

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty

Hellblazer187 posted:

You have bad taste.

I rest my case.
You can have terrible opinions of bad chain pizza places all you want but I won't have you besmirching good handmade pizza. That you don't see the appeal of a Texas Cowboy Pizza shows how blind you truly are. It's rather pitiful. :colbert:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty

FizFashizzle posted:

It was more a comment on how white nationalists are never called terrorists.
This would mean admitting that white people can be monsters, just like those brown people.

• Locked thread