Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
ReidRansom
Oct 25, 2004

Shimrra Jamaane posted:

So we're about halfway through his Presidency.

But it's progressing at an increasing rate.

Soon, scandals will break before they even happen, and then it will all be over.

The world, I mean. Though that also means the end of Trump's presidency, so maybe OK still

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ReidRansom
Oct 25, 2004

Dotcom is also still facing extradition to the US and it wouldn't surprise me if he's just trying to curry favor with the Trump administration through its media stooges in hopes of a deal.

ReidRansom
Oct 25, 2004

Chilichimp posted:

Couldn't have been. That guy teasing the mattering happened during that open hearing... also nothing was said in that hearing that we didn't already know.

Maybe the mattering will happen closer to our usual quitting time newsdump

ReidRansom
Oct 25, 2004

mcmagic posted:

Hayes' weekend morning show was BY FAR the best political thing on TV for as long as it was on.

If you're getting up on Saturday morning and immediately tune in to news instead of boning your lady/man, eating breakfast and then getting morning drunk, washing a car or mowing the lawn or something, you're in too deep. Put down the remote for a while and go enjoy the world while it remains.

ReidRansom
Oct 25, 2004

evilweasel posted:

two fun facts that you might not be aware of:

1) a business cannot plead the 5th
2) michael flynn, traitor, owns a business that he likely conducted his treason through

do you know who else knows these fun facts?

https://twitter.com/politico/status/867121312858353664

I hope this is just tonight's apéritif, because I mean, yeah that's good and all, but this isn't two weeks ago, I need something stronger.

ReidRansom
Oct 25, 2004

What was the Post drop? I actually work and sleep and do other things sometimes and don't catch everything

ReidRansom
Oct 25, 2004

more like marital law, amirite fellas? everything's locked down. heyooo~

ReidRansom
Oct 25, 2004

Is the CBO going to troll house republicans and the administration by emulating the press and dropping the AHCA score at 5? I mean, hey, pro idea there, but you're going to dominate the day no matter when you release, so may as well do it now.

ReidRansom
Oct 25, 2004

Your Taint posted:

May as well do it right before prime time, so when prime time hits it's still fresh and the most eyes will be in it.

aware of dog posted:

Apparently the CBO score isn't coming until "late afternoon," so you can stop :f5: their website for now

:arghfist::mad: curse you, CBO!

ReidRansom
Oct 25, 2004

FizFashizzle posted:

Best part of these late afternoon releases is it forces all the ghouls at the whitehouse to work basically 12-18 hour days.

Rince wants them there at like 5 am to watch the morning shows and set the agenda for the day, and now they know they have to put out fires late at night.

That is an excellent strategy if that's truly the reason for the late day releases.

ReidRansom
Oct 25, 2004

BetterToRuleInHell posted:

Well, looks like we might know why Kim DotCom's big announcement was a flop:

That wacky DotCom!

So did Hannity know or was he duped because he's a total moron and a gullible rube, I wonder.

Or did he know AND he's a moron and also a gullible rube?

ReidRansom
Oct 25, 2004

If there's one thing that is clear, it's that our system is very broken.

Now gimme that CBO score I'm jonesing hard

ReidRansom
Oct 25, 2004

Rigel posted:

This is like a direct hit by a hurricane. Lots of speculation and noise, then silence at 3:30 ET as the eye passes over us and everyone is furiously reading as fast as they can, then twitter blows up as the other side hits

Sounds about right

ReidRansom
Oct 25, 2004

It's 430 (330c) and I'm refreshing the CBO page and I don't see anything :mad:

ReidRansom
Oct 25, 2004

Alter Ego posted:

Is there any chance the CBO score isn't as bad as we've been predicting?

Anything is possible, I guess, but search your feelings, listen to your gut on this one

ReidRansom
Oct 25, 2004

My Twooter has gone silent almost.

ReidRansom
Oct 25, 2004

evilmiera posted:

There are going to be giant riots aren't there?

Without health care? Can't afford to riot.

ReidRansom
Oct 25, 2004

B B posted:

If you think the 20% premium increase is crazy:

https://twitter.com/sarahkliff/status/867482139566145536

Seriously did the AARP all have heart attacks and die and that's why they haven't put the stink of impending death on this?

Or do elderly poor not have memberships so they don't really care

ReidRansom
Oct 25, 2004

Is this accurate. I have no loving clue how this poo poo works and rely on accurate analysis

e: deleted as I was posting. Hopefully not because it was wholly inaccurate.

ReidRansom
Oct 25, 2004

Z. Autobahn posted:

He deleted his tweet after it was pointed out that he was probably wrong, and it did meet the reconciliation threshold :(

They still have to get to 50, and there's significant doubt that is possible.

Unless McConnell has taken all the senate R's pets hostage or something.

ReidRansom
Oct 25, 2004

e: nm

ReidRansom
Oct 25, 2004

My gut tells me this is all horseshit. I mean, obviously, yeah, but I don't see any significant reduction in premiums mentioned, and they plan to give any deficit savings right back to themselves in the form of tax cuts, setting it right back to where it was (or likely more, honestly)

e: even assuming stripping 10s of millions of people of the health care coverage was for some reason an alright thing to do in exchange for whatever claimed benefits, it doesn't even do those things

ReidRansom fucked around with this message at 22:19 on May 24, 2017

ReidRansom
Oct 25, 2004

And THIS is what I don't understand. Like, at all.

The AHCA would cost less than the ACA does, but still a lot more than doing nothing at all like we were before. And yet this is basically returning us to pre-ACA uninsured levels, only now it costs a shitload to do the same as doing literally nothing?

ReidRansom
Oct 25, 2004

I caught the end of his radio show as I was leaving work. He mentioned then that he was taking vacation for memorial day. I mean, could be cover, could be a "vacation", could be both. We'll know Tuesday.

ReidRansom
Oct 25, 2004

The Glumslinger posted:

Holy gently caress

And this is from Fox News

Jesus.

Like, I don't see how that doesn't get prosecuted, even if the sheriff is a donor. And if he wins, I'd hope (but don't necessarily trust) the House refuses to seat him.

ReidRansom
Oct 25, 2004

Rigel posted:

yeah, everyone knows whats going on with Fox. They are burning Gianforte now so that they can explain to their audience that the crazyman who committed a felony in front of 3 and a half witnesses the night before the election did not lose because of Trump or health care.

That seems pretty likely.

ReidRansom
Oct 25, 2004

fishing with the fam posted:

While driving home from work yesterday after the release of the CBO score, I decided to do something I never do and listen to conservative radio to hear reaction to the score. It turns out it was Hannity I was listening to. I was tuned in for half an hour and I did not hear him mention the CBO score once. The entire time I was listening was complaining about liberal fascism and their violations of the first amendment by boycotting his show. He took a couple callers who did nothing but compliment him on being tough and not backing down and defending America and freedom.

It was completely void of substance and did not touch on a single current event actually occurring in politics.

The CBO score dropped like 30 minutes before his show ended. Not that he probably would have said much anyway until the RNC gave him notes on how to spin it, but there's a chance you get the show on delay.

ReidRansom
Oct 25, 2004

This dude has been setting himself up hard to survive the coming backlash and post-Trump fallout.

ReidRansom
Oct 25, 2004

Pleads posted:

If Gianforte wins I hope every DC reporter who ever needs a statement from him approaches him in the most antagonizing way; either super meekly, flinching any time he moves, or a whole "just try it" pushy approach like parody-Ben Jacobs from Gianforte's statement.

In this situation where he wins and nothing happens from assaulting another human being in front of witnesses and on recorded audio, there's no way DC journalists aren't total dicks to this guy, right?

Whoever the tallest and most jacked reporter in the US is, assign that guy to him exclusively.

e: and some extremely aggressive but small women.

ReidRansom
Oct 25, 2004

Rigel posted:

Trump actually refused to commit to article 5. I assume Bannon prevented anyone from informing that stupid bastard that we were able to use article 5 (first time it was used for anything ever) to force europe to join us in unpopular wars in Iraq and Afghanistan.

Yeah, but the next time it gets invoked it will be to protect the Baltics from the Russians, and Trump already told Putin he could have those back.

ReidRansom
Oct 25, 2004

Chilichimp posted:

I'm 95% sure it's because Merkel trolled him with a map of Europe.

It's this. He's a child.

ReidRansom
Oct 25, 2004

skylined! posted:

what the gently caress is this even

Two crazy people having a public feud.

ReidRansom
Oct 25, 2004

I've been out. Doing stuff. This is all pretty promising though

ReidRansom
Oct 25, 2004

poo poo is all hosed and getting worse, blah blah blah. I'll take a single digit loss here, I'll also take Ossoff losing if it's close. If that shift can be held through 2018 it will be fine, and those margins are going to scare some Rs. Things will be OK. And if they aren't, I can leave.

In brighter news

https://twitter.com/kylegriffin1/status/868093029550354432

ReidRansom
Oct 25, 2004

There Bias Two posted:

I think they're just two attractive-looking heads of state in the same place.

And I guess there are/were rumors on Macron.

But really they just kinda look like engaygement photos for two attractive guys is all, yeah.

ReidRansom
Oct 25, 2004

https://twitter.com/davidaxelrod/status/868108053639553024

https://twitter.com/davidaxelrod/status/868108103845371904

https://twitter.com/davidaxelrod/status/868108293281021952

https://twitter.com/davidaxelrod/status/868108415977050112

ReidRansom
Oct 25, 2004

Yeah, they're worried

https://twitter.com/TexasTribAbby/status/868099481513975809

ReidRansom
Oct 25, 2004

RuanGacho posted:

If you read this thread and live in Texas, do the needful.

I need to try to get my good lady to register to vote here. She's currently still voting in CA-52, but they don't need her. Texas does.

ReidRansom
Oct 25, 2004

Leon Trotsky 2012 posted:

Trump's USDA and Department of HHS have given Scott Walker approval to require drug testing for all Wisconsin residents on food stamps, Medicaid, or unemployment insurance.

The Wisconsin joint finance committee just approved it at the state-level today.

This will be the largest public drug testing program in the United States; even more than the Federal government.

http://host.madison.com/wsj/news/lo...5391bb6d48.html

And it will cost more than it saves, but hey some donor just got a huge return on his investment.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ReidRansom
Oct 25, 2004

Raenir Salazar posted:

What intel do people think the Chinese have on the whole Russia thing? I see a lot of talk so to speak about the Russians murdering loose ends and the FBI/NSA/CIA doing investigations into it and the GOP sticking their head in the sand but what about other countries and their intelligence agencies? This whole thing isn't happening in a vacuum right? Where does everyone else fit in in all of this?

China, I don't know. But it's said that a lot of the intelligence that is driving the investigation has come from other five eyes countries. And Germany and Israel. Others like China probably do have their own cache of info, but as they're not directly involved I'd imagine they're just holding on to that and using it to steer their own dealings.

• Locked thread