Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
ReidRansom
Oct 25, 2004

Evil Fluffy posted:

It's gonna be awesome once Sinclair owns 80% or so of all local broadcasting since they're ramping up their acqusitions and tens of millions of voters will never see anything negative about conservatives and everything negative about their opponents prior to elections. They're easily as evil as Fox News, if not moreso, but much better at not coming across as blatantly in the tank for the GOP.

In a saner world, the FTC and FCC would block this, but they certainly aren't going to under this administration, and of course Sinclair is going to be doing their best in the meantime to make sure that situation continues.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ReidRansom
Oct 25, 2004

LOL of course they did! :suicide:

ReidRansom
Oct 25, 2004

DeathSandwich posted:

Norquist was never a sane person. His whole schtick is that when he was a teenager he wrote a pledge that he still to this day gets all GOP politicians to sign saying that they promise to never ever raise taxes for any reason. He acts like this makes him a serious person.

Also he's apparently a vaping weirdo and has been for the last several years.

He's not muslim crazy though. I think a lot of people assume that means he isn't just doubling down in other areas, which is obviously does.

ReidRansom
Oct 25, 2004

FizFashizzle posted:

What's it been? Three, four months?

Yeah we're probably in the clear.

https://twitter.com/thehill/status/868095652693241856

I mean, I guess he has to keep his side of the deal somehow

ReidRansom
Oct 25, 2004

Jesus III posted:

Just quit maintaining and cleaning them.

This isn't intended as advice or a suggestion or anything, just a statement of fact, but

thermite is super easy to make.

ReidRansom
Oct 25, 2004

Guess there's no 5PM newsdump coming today? Has anyone been teasing one?

ReidRansom
Oct 25, 2004

Party Plane Jones posted:

https://twitter.com/yashar/status/868241396494368772

A bit late for the regular 5 pm news hour but I'll take it.

Ahhhhh.... there it is.

Sweet, sweet scandalous news flowing warm into my veins

ReidRansom
Oct 25, 2004

https://twitter.com/yashar/status/868246754625507328

ReidRansom
Oct 25, 2004

Ekster posted:

This feels like a what-if scenario where Nixon is retarded.

ReidRansom
Oct 25, 2004

https://twitter.com/yashar/status/868253054054825984

e:b

ReidRansom
Oct 25, 2004

Donnie just needs to nip this one before it gets out of control and issue a pardon to Jared. Do it. You know you want to. Pardon him.

ReidRansom
Oct 25, 2004

Spaced God posted:

I don't think you can preemptively pardon someone? He hasn't been charged with anything

I think you can. Either way, they both know what he did. Easy to tailor the pardon to fit.

Do it, you orange fucker.

ReidRansom
Oct 25, 2004

Boohooo I can't president on normal mode, make it easier :qq:

ReidRansom
Oct 25, 2004

I really can't say I see the point.

ReidRansom
Oct 25, 2004

evilweasel posted:

i gotta say this is not a great opening pitch

"I'm not from here, but you dumb hicks are messing up the country so I've flown in from the coast to fix your mistakes"

Yeah, that's gonna need an edit.

ReidRansom
Oct 25, 2004

Shimrra Jamaane posted:

Has any candidate for office ever just done away with all pleasantries and gone "gently caress it, vote you me you dumb rear end or you'll loving regret it as my opponent is a total piece of poo poo who will make your life miserable and if you vote for him you deserve it you fucker."

Because that approach just might work in today's political climate.

I would vote for that person maybe.

ReidRansom
Oct 25, 2004

Lightning Lord posted:

Wasn't she abusive towards Steve Wozniak when they were dating?

Woz dated Kathy Griffin? Ugh, bro you can do better.

ReidRansom
Oct 25, 2004

Dick Trauma posted:

"Lewandowski says turmoil in White House communications staff is partly because Trump is too ‘articulate’"

President Trump’s former campaign manager Corey Lewandowski says reported difficulties in the White House media operation are the result of Trump’s exceptional communications skills, which make it hard for his staff to keep up with him. Lewandowski’s comments followed the announcement that Mike Dubke, Trump’s director of communications, was resigning after a few months on the job.

“I think Mike was brought into a job not having a pre-existing relationship with the president,” Lewandowski said on “Fox & Friends” Wednesday. “And you know when you have a president who is so active, who is so articulate, who is so good at communicating with the media, sometimes you get staff that have to keep up with him. And it’s much easier, I think, if you have people who have a pre-existing relationship with him.”

:smithicide:

These people are going to give me a stroke

ReidRansom
Oct 25, 2004

https://twitter.com/frankthorp/status/869980346472726528

ReidRansom
Oct 25, 2004

Kekekela posted:

oh god lmao "the president and a small group of people know exactly what it meant"

spicey doubling down on #covfefe

Sweet Jesus just say he fell asleep while tweeting. Everyone falls asleep every loving day, they'll understand. Or got interrupted and set it down but accidentally hit the Tweet button. They'll have a giggle, but they'll move on. Trying to cover it up as being intentional when it wasn't even a complete thought is beyond retarded, even for this exceptionally retarded administration.

ReidRansom
Oct 25, 2004

Unless.... maybe the thing they all knew it meant was that we was having one of his "moments"....

ReidRansom
Oct 25, 2004

Al Borland Corp. posted:

To this already old covfefe meme I say "Bqwhtever"

Wait, Karl Rove says it might be coming back

ReidRansom
Oct 25, 2004

cochise posted:

At that point I would welcome extinction courtesy of an asteroid.

Odds far too low, let's crank the LHC to maximum power and create an artificial gravity well to crash to moon into the planet.

ReidRansom
Oct 25, 2004

seiferguy posted:

On one hand, Barron is 11. On the other hand, there's a near 100% chance he's going to profit off the family name and be complicit in the poo poo they do when he's of age. But I suppose I'll give him the benefit the doubt!

Eh, for all we know he hates his father. He might end up like Ron Reagan Jr. or that one Koch that never gets mentioned. The gay one.

ReidRansom
Oct 25, 2004

Replace all instances of Barron with Eric in this whole thing and it becomes way funnier and also kinda more believable.

ReidRansom
Oct 25, 2004

Apoplexy posted:

Which one is Eric again? The bad Star Trek Changeling or the exotic animal murderer. Or is that the same one and Junior is housing other awful traits?

The changeling. Though he probably also murders animals. Told everyone how they get all their money from the Russians these days, told everyone that the Syria strike was meant to prove there's no ties to Russia, extolled the virtues of nepotism, he's loving dumb, even for a Trump.

ReidRansom
Oct 25, 2004

https://twitter.com/TheBillyWest/status/870038282209419264

ReidRansom
Oct 25, 2004

Spacebump posted:

Why is that a thing? It's clearly just a typo for coverage.

Everyone would have just had their laughs and moved on had the administration not doubled down on it for whatever unfathomable reason.

ReidRansom
Oct 25, 2004

PenguinKnight posted:

that reason is "lord trump can never be wrong!"

Yes, but I cannot fathom that reasoning

ReidRansom
Oct 25, 2004

Pander posted:

You haven't lived under a truly authoritarian government before then.

Yet.

e: topical x-quote

Slugnoid posted:

no regerts

ReidRansom
Oct 25, 2004

Never heard of him, but he looks like a twerpy douche.

ReidRansom
Oct 25, 2004

Here is a news so you will all shut up about that person

https://twitter.com/Evan_Rosenfeld/status/870071829431320576

ReidRansom
Oct 25, 2004

Captain Invictus posted:

gently caress yeah, surveilling the press!

Article says it's FISA as well, but I thought that could only be used if at least one party was a foreign agent.

ReidRansom
Oct 25, 2004

I wonder if he realizes that Colbert has a bigger audience and that people actually like him

I mean, obviously not, but has someone at least tried to explain that to him?

ReidRansom
Oct 25, 2004

TARDISman posted:

Tilted my head to the side trying to understand this. Nope. Got nothing.

Yeah right there with you

Grrrr, Capital One! If you stop advertising on my show I will go after Proctor & Gamble for advertising on Colbert! Then you'll see!

ReidRansom
Oct 25, 2004

Dr Christmas posted:

Speaking of topical TV, I had a "I can't believe it's only been two months since Trump took that goofy orb photo" moment ...

Dog, that was like last week .

ReidRansom
Oct 25, 2004

That's not trolling, that's a threat. Trump isn't delivering on his promises.

ReidRansom
Oct 25, 2004

Zil posted:

Maybe Pee Tape is not long behind if Trump continues to displease his overlord.

I believe in piss tape, but I think that's probably still a long way off.

ReidRansom
Oct 25, 2004

HappyHippo posted:

https://twitter.com/pkcapitol/status/870294829904822273

Debt ceiling may be hit sooner than anticipated because rich people are holding out for their promised tax cut.

That wouldn't change the taxes they already owe from the previous year or quarterly filing though. Or it shouldn't unless they also issue a corrected refund to everyone that has already paid (ha!)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ReidRansom
Oct 25, 2004

HappyHippo posted:

They're holding out on selling investments that would trigger capital gains. Trump has promised to lower the capital gains tax.

Ah yeah I should have actually read the article.

• Locked thread