Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Axetrain
Sep 14, 2007

E: Wrong thread.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Axetrain
Sep 14, 2007

Is that a Warhawk he's loving up?

Axetrain
Sep 14, 2007

!amicable posted:

I'm mega hyped, but will I be able to use a timber wolf?

This is the gold standard for battletech. Doubly so for mercs.

Die Clanner.

This game takes place before the arrival of the clans so no Timby.

Axetrain
Sep 14, 2007

Does anybody know the total number of mechs in the game?

Axetrain
Sep 14, 2007

If PGI did one thing right it's the mech designs. They look pretty great.

Axetrain
Sep 14, 2007

Was looking for this since Cohn's first Battletech video, looks very cool.

Axetrain
Sep 14, 2007

MWO isn't the greatest game ever or anything, but these days it's actually pretty cool.

Axetrain
Sep 14, 2007

Noice. I wonder if we might see the unseen mechs in a DLC update? Not having the Warhammer and Marauder available in a Battletech game feels so wrong.

Axetrain
Sep 14, 2007

I kinda wish there were a few extra lostech star league mechs, I always thought the Lancelot was pretty neat whenever it made an appearance.

Axetrain
Sep 14, 2007

Radio Free Kobold posted:

In the meantime, we're down to single-digit days until Battletech. Please keep being excited.

I am extremely hype. I have even resorted to buying Far Cry 5 to pass the time which I'm not entirely sure was worth my money even with a 20% discount.

Axetrain
Sep 14, 2007

UberJew posted:

For context this was generally because the Clans quickly realized the spheroids had no actual warships left so it became pretty boring and not glorious at all

I thought the Lyrans had one left or something but it was some rusted junk barely working.

Axetrain fucked around with this message at 20:50 on Apr 19, 2018

Axetrain
Sep 14, 2007

Also yeah Im pretty sure Comstar had a old Warship or two hanging around that they are keeping under wraps as well.

Axetrain
Sep 14, 2007

Yeah I hate to break it to you guys but 16 is the new 8 when it comes to memory these days and has been for a hot minute. Luckily sticks are pretty drat cheap.

E: Or at least I thought it was, checking Newegg whats with those inflated prices. Christ. I could have sworn when I built my PC about 18 months ago my 2 8gb sticks were like 80 bucks.

E2: 600 loving dollars for a 1070 I paid 300 for mine what is going on :psyduck:

Axetrain fucked around with this message at 05:18 on Apr 20, 2018

Axetrain
Sep 14, 2007

Good lord I didn't know prices had gone haywire. Thank god I built my PC when prices were sane. I just checked my rig cost on PCpartpicker and it's gone from 1100 when I bought it to 1700 now :stare:. That's nuts.

Axetrain
Sep 14, 2007

Everyone should get as hype as you can, possibly even Hyperhype.

Axetrain
Sep 14, 2007

Internet Kraken posted:

So if I know literally nothing about Battletech will I be able to enjoy this game? I've just been looking at as another strategy game I could enjoy but am totally lost when it comes to the setting and story.

I dont see why not. The game from what I've seen does explain to you whats going on.

Axetrain
Sep 14, 2007

Other than a couple Cohn videos I ain't watching poo poo. Might as well avoid spoiling my self whilst getting angry at other garbo streamers.

Axetrain
Sep 14, 2007

Yo clownshoes log back into your MWO accounts and stomp some robutts. You losers have nothing else to lose until Tuesday so might as well ride the mech nostalgia train straight to hell until then. Probably won't hurt that the game is actually pretty good these days.

Axetrain
Sep 14, 2007

Pharnakes posted:

King crab > Atlas.

This is the truth so I'm not empty quoting.

Axetrain
Sep 14, 2007

Got my key from Fanatical, arrived today.

Axetrain
Sep 14, 2007

Back Hack posted:

Great, now people are going to know that if you unite all the lost legendary King Crabs at the long forgotten shipyard, Pride of Butte Hold, you'll open a castle brian that ushers in a new golden age for mankind and you be declare Grand Duke-Khan of the new reformed Star League.

Yeah but do I get an Atlas II. Otherwise no deal.

Axetrain
Sep 14, 2007

I'll settle for a Lancelot.

Axetrain
Sep 14, 2007

O'l Billy Grayson was a more interesting character than Kai Allard ever was.

Axetrain fucked around with this message at 17:33 on Apr 23, 2018

Axetrain
Sep 14, 2007

Melissa Steiner is Bae.

E: I may be daydrinking to pass the time until BATTLETECH. (!!!!)

Axetrain
Sep 14, 2007

Psion posted:

that's a 23-hour drinking session right now isn't it? you uh

you might want to wait a few

Actually I plan to accelerate into it and wake up with Battletech in my hands.

Here is some unrelated boss music to keep everyone pumped

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aX3OVb2NN7c

Axetrain
Sep 14, 2007

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vZWxgLQZano

NICE SHOT SIG TWO!

Axetrain
Sep 14, 2007

TAKE OUT THOSE drat LRM LAUNCHERS!

Axetrain
Sep 14, 2007

I see sigma lead has a new Solaris variant Mad Dog what with his fancy chin lasers.

Axetrain
Sep 14, 2007

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mMlJQ0G3zk4

Who the hell are these guys!

lol at an Atlas just straight up murdering a Madcat.

Axetrain
Sep 14, 2007

The best part about the lore was when the Lyrans combined with the Federated Suns. I know it only lasted for a short time but that poo poo that was some Goku x Vegeta Fusion levels of awesome.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mlVtQDVrNns

E: gently caress the combine. eh Gogeta is more appropriate.

Axetrain fucked around with this message at 18:45 on Apr 23, 2018

Axetrain
Sep 14, 2007

Also if we have to be dumb clanners it's clear that Ghost Bear is the very least dumb.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KPlXXUhtVqc

Axetrain
Sep 14, 2007

Smoke Jaguars are maximum dumb. Like they lean hard into clan stupidity and don't look back.

Axetrain
Sep 14, 2007

Rookersh posted:

....will we get to see the SMOKE JAGUARS in this game.

Not yet. They will get hilariously owned in due time though. On Wolcott, and Luthien, and Tukyyaid. Oh and on their own world of Huntress as well.

Axetrain
Sep 14, 2007

Rookersh posted:

Who owns Earth in all of this?

Comstar. They are a neutral power that maintains interstellar communications for the rest of the factions. HPGs are Lostech that only Comstar can maintain so the rest of the major powers defer to them when it comes to interstellar communications. They are very trustworthy and certainly have no ulterior motivations whatsoever! It's a very good idea to sign on with these paragons of honesty if you are a Merc outfit, what could go wrong! Also everyone should trust them, after all they are neutral!

Axetrain
Sep 14, 2007

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4PehWC3fAAQ

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PoCrEuov6cY

Axetrain
Sep 14, 2007

The real goal of this game is to see how many King Crabs you can accumulate.

Axetrain
Sep 14, 2007

SO happy I took the day off for this poo poo. Gonna get me a huge plate of steak nachos from the local Mexican place and spend all day playing Battletech till my eyes roll out.

Axetrain
Sep 14, 2007

Psion posted:

Don’t quote me without sourcing it, rude

Haha it was a bit rude because I did indeed take your idea fellow King Crab enthusiast. My apologies.

Axetrain
Sep 14, 2007

This has been my Background for a hot minute now

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Axetrain
Sep 14, 2007

Incoming missiles sweet King Crab pics.