Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Duckman2008
Jan 6, 2010

TFW you see Flyers goaltending.
Grimey Drawer

nature6pk posted:

Petition to rename this thread "The Balsillie Bowl"

Seconding this.

ElwoodCuse posted:

You can't deny this is the best possible final matchup. Either the Penguins win and prove skill and stars still have a place in this game or the Predators win and shove "narrative" up the rear end of a lot of people who deserve it.

Uh, I'm not saying the Preds have a Crosby or Malkin, but I don't think think you can say the Preds don't have skilled players. They aren't the ducks either where they are a grinding team.

Honestly, what's interesting about this will def be Pittsburgh offense vs Nashville defense. Which will drive the game better?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Duckman2008
Jan 6, 2010

Grimey Drawer
One of my favorite places when I was in Pittsburgh was Arsenal Cider.

Nashville chat: Yazoo Brewery rules, as does everything Nashville. Therefore , Nashville deserves the cup this year.

Duckman2008
Jan 6, 2010

Grimey Drawer

HOTLANTA MAN posted:

Sidney Crosby can gently caress himself and Pekka Rinne is an attractive Swedish man who blocks pucks and also I've been waiting for one of my teams to win a championship since goddamn 1995 so go Preds.

(gently caress gently caress gently caress we still don't have any living centers gently caress gently caress gently caress)

It's ok they don't have any living defenseman.

Duckman2008
Jan 6, 2010

Grimey Drawer

Infidel Castro posted:

No doubt the series will boil down to Nashville's defence vs. Pittsburgh's offence, and I'd take the better defence every time.

James Neal will injure former friend Sidney Crosby.

Duckman2008
Jan 6, 2010

Grimey Drawer

Citizen Tayne posted:

Friendship ended with James
now Phil is my best friend

It's ok. The Nashville Predators are going to win the Stanley Cup.

Duckman2008
Jan 6, 2010

Grimey Drawer

Citizen Tayne posted:

It seems exceedingly likely that

uh

the Pittsburgh Penguins will win the Stanley Cup.

I detect a lack of confidence in your prediction.

Duckman2008
Jan 6, 2010

Grimey Drawer

GDT NHL Finals Game 1: Milwaukee Admirals forwards vs Wilkes-Barre Penguins Defense.

Duckman2008
Jan 6, 2010

Grimey Drawer

Grand Theft Autobot posted:

Nashville Predator teeth are impractically large.

And real Penguins can't hold hockey sticks. What's your point?

Duckman2008
Jan 6, 2010

Grimey Drawer

bewbies posted:

I think it is pretty clear now that there are at least a half dozen other teams from the west that are better than the Preds and that they have no business being in this final, it was making almost uncomfortable watching them bumble around last night.

Teams not better than the Preds:

Blackhawks
Blues
Ducks

Like, I don't like the Penguins. It I can appreciate when they play good hockey (which really wasn't last night, but at other points this playoffs).

Oh, I'm def moving to St. Louis. So we can go to a playoff Blues game next year and watch the inferior Predators beat them again!

Duckman2008
Jan 6, 2010

Grimey Drawer

Captain Internet posted:

Yeah dude, if I wanna wild out with a vacuum sealed gutted catfish in my boy shorts zone and throw it onto the ice during a competitive sports game ESPECIALLY when instructed specifically not to do that thing then that will be my crusade.

The founding fathers got shot in the gullyworks and died in placid fields to give me the right to put my groin fish onto the playing surface of a international sport and if I DIDN'T do it, all true patriots would cry out my treasons in unison.

This is absolutely correct.

Duckman2008
Jan 6, 2010

Grimey Drawer

Citizen Tayne posted:

I'm not even from Pittsburgh, I moved here from Philadelphia. I was literally a Phillies and Flyers fan until 2002.

drat man. That is some game of thrones level betrayal poo poo right there.

Duckman2008
Jan 6, 2010

Grimey Drawer
Yeah, the Preds can still come back, but I don't think they can bank on just home ice advantage.

Pekka just needs to be better. Holy poo poo does Pekka need to be better.

Preds need to not loving collapse.

Preds need to close their chances and get on the scoreboard.

Game 2 was really bad for Nashville, they have to do better or it's a 5 game series.

also, I woke up this morning to find myself out of tequila.

Duckman2008
Jan 6, 2010

Grimey Drawer

bewbies posted:

is it petty to mock whoever that drunk broad was who croaked out the anthem on saturday?

No she sounded pretty bad.

Duckman2008
Jan 6, 2010

Grimey Drawer
If the Preds win game 5 I think they have the cup. It really comes down to can Nashville beat the Penguins in Pittsburgh, and can a Rinne stay Consistent?

I thought Murray looked great, he wasn't the reason the Penguins lost.

Also, if I hear the nickname "Freddy Hockey" one more time I'm going to kill someone. Yes, I get it, they have the same last name.

Duckman2008
Jan 6, 2010

Grimey Drawer

Aphrodite posted:

If I hear another American try to pronounce Gaudreau, same.

So it's me or you, Duckman. One of us isn't walking out of Game 5 alive. Do you feel lucky?

I am feeling lucky. PK will deliver us the holy grail.

That being said, I have a backup bottle of rum ready to go in case poo poo goes south (disclaimer: it's gonna get used either way).

Duckman2008
Jan 6, 2010

Grimey Drawer

funny Star Wars parody posted:

even detroit is better than st louis :laugh:

:( I hope this is not true.

Duckman2008
Jan 6, 2010

Grimey Drawer

Siroc posted:

So I grew up in Nashville and lived there BG,KY, and Knoxville until I completed grad school. I recently moved to Detroit about 7 months ago, but I've spent a bit of time in St. Louis visiting friends over the years. Detroit is on the rise and I can say that Detroit > St. Louis. The suburbs, particularly north and slightly northwest of the city are great.

I'm ok with Detroit being an up and coming city as long the Wings are bad. Good trade off to me.

I'm moving to St. Louis July 1st (I think?). So here's hoping it does ok. I know to stay west of the river.

Hip Now and Wow! posted:

Hey, MAF on the blue line. Maybe he will finally get that goal he craves so much.

The last time a goalie was started as a defenseman, he scored the game winning goal (Mighty Ducks 3), so I am actually no ok with Fleury playing defense. Even if it means having Paul Kariya as a guest announcer.

Duckman2008
Jan 6, 2010

Grimey Drawer

All the downtown bars kind of suck in Nashville as well. Really the only bar I would go to downtown would be Broadway Brewhouse.

It's crazy how much all those bars charge.

Duckman2008
Jan 6, 2010

Grimey Drawer
Nashville strategy:

Let the Pens get to such a lead that it results in Hainsey scoring. Take the lopsided loss.

Next two games: 30+ minutes of Hainsey on the ice. Results in the Preds dominating play.

Checkmate, solid strategy. Right ? ......Right?

Duckman2008
Jan 6, 2010

Grimey Drawer
Yeah, again, right now I really hate the Penguins, but Crosby should be the Conn Smythe winner.

My list regardless of who wins:
-Crosby
-Erik Karlson
-Malkin
-For the Preds, before last night I would have put Josi.
-Guenzel

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Duckman2008
Jan 6, 2010

Grimey Drawer

Jamwad Hilder posted:

so what are the potential deals that could go down before the roster freeze? I know we have:
1. Pittsburgh goalies
2. Minnesota defensemen
3. Anaheim defensemen

what else?

Preds Defensemen as well right? I don't think they can protect all 4.

• Locked thread