Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Hypocrisy
Oct 4, 2006
Lord of Sarcasm

angerbeet posted:

Or at all, ever, for any reason.

That asylum one was cool though.

The garage wasn't great but I had a great time listening to Dame Julia constantly rambling about how things were better in her day and how terrible every other faction is.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hypocrisy
Oct 4, 2006
Lord of Sarcasm

SplitSoul posted:

I still have the TSW Legacy Transfer button, but I have already clicked it and pressed confirm—just did it again—and it said "Your transfer has been completed successfully!". Nothing is showing up in-game despite using the same credentials, however.

Are you using the same character gender?

Hypocrisy
Oct 4, 2006
Lord of Sarcasm

Capntastic posted:

It's always sort of expected you to fill in the blanks between quest givers, side missions, lore snippets, etc. Things like (Kingsmooth spoilies) "there is a magic sword" and "an NPC that shows up in a dungeon that takes place in the past has that magic sword, and has the same name as a boss from another dungeon"

It's like :darksouls:

That's really for the backstory no? For the main plot, all you really need to do is read your quest journal.

Hypocrisy
Oct 4, 2006
Lord of Sarcasm

Amante posted:

Pretty sure he got decapitated by a magic sword.

Nah. He just got kicked in the head and knocked out. The Illuminati pick him up and lock him in an asylum.

Hypocrisy
Oct 4, 2006
Lord of Sarcasm

The teleport costs must be a nightmare for non patrons.

Hypocrisy
Oct 4, 2006
Lord of Sarcasm

Len posted:

The museum was always an end game cash sink. Not sure why anyone would bother with it early

I finished Gravity legit. I drat well will mount a Boogeyman to commemorate.

Hypocrisy
Oct 4, 2006
Lord of Sarcasm

Double Plus Undead posted:

How hard is it to get a new weapon if you don't like the one you started with? Shotgun isn't doing it for me.

If you're fresh to the game it's a hassle since you have to unlock the skill page to use the weapon.

Hypocrisy
Oct 4, 2006
Lord of Sarcasm

Ah, that sinking feeling of failing midway through In the Dusty Dark because it means that I will have to play through In the Dusty Dark again.

Hypocrisy
Oct 4, 2006
Lord of Sarcasm

Exmond posted:

They will pull out one final event. From the dev stream:

Also, log in on Tuesday for the final "special something" before Weds patch.
Open your Relics before end of day Monday (you receive something to compensate but won't be as good as what's normally inside)

Also AEGIS IS GONE AS PROGRESSION! Wooo, no more aegis grind!

What will the new grind will be then? The return of auxiliary weapons?

Capntastic posted:

Apparently soul blade is moving to charges instead of a timer

That is cool

That sounds like a good change.

Hypocrisy
Oct 4, 2006
Lord of Sarcasm

Having to actually pick up the pouch within those 30 seconds is some serious BS.

Whew. Lowered my sprint level to III and was able to chain jumps for a fairly comfortable finish. This was every bit as infuriating as I remember.

Hypocrisy fucked around with this message at 02:38 on Aug 16, 2017

Hypocrisy
Oct 4, 2006
Lord of Sarcasm

Richard M Nixon posted:

What is this? Cost of Magic?

Yes. Cost of Magic, part 4.

Pilchenstein posted:

I didn't understand why they left cabal bank access as a patron only feature when they made trading available to non-patrons at level 15 but it all makes sense now. :v:

Edit:

It really is. The relief when I got that achievement was palpable.

Yes. It was a really tense 30 seconds. Still, as far as Unseen missions go, this is really forgiving for retrying so I can't complain too much.

Hypocrisy
Oct 4, 2006
Lord of Sarcasm

Space Skeleton posted:

Or just never bring AEGIS back outside cutscenes.

I can get behind this. AEGIS was completely wretched.

Speaking of Tokyo though, running through the Obstructive Persons mission is a lot more rewarding the second time through. Those names certainly make a lot more sense.

Hypocrisy
Oct 4, 2006
Lord of Sarcasm

DancingShade posted:

Well the Orochi stealth board helped me complete Lydia's stealth mission in the Carpathian Fangs lair area. Just had to wait it out in safe areas while the cooldown recharged.

I have no idea how anyone is supposed to do that mission without one of those.

You kill vampires with pipes like it's Home Alone.

Hypocrisy
Oct 4, 2006
Lord of Sarcasm

I have to say, playing through the game's story missions again has been better than expected. Like the mission Obstructive Persons...the first time through I think "oh, they're watching me. Also, Cassandra is still a mystery." The second time through it's the other names that really jump out to me. I see you John.

Hypocrisy
Oct 4, 2006
Lord of Sarcasm

I always liked the Scarecrows of TSW. I appreciate that it's mostly just stupid wizards rather than some unknowable cosmic horror.

Hypocrisy
Oct 4, 2006
Lord of Sarcasm

Oh cool. They bought back the previous AEGIS missions. I missed you crazy tank man.

Hypocrisy fucked around with this message at 01:43 on Sep 22, 2017

Hypocrisy
Oct 4, 2006
Lord of Sarcasm

The main thing I hated about old TSW was that you needed like 300 AP investments to reach X skill in the outer rings. AP was easier to get to be sure but still. Also, there were a bunch of skill types which had about one passive interaction making it all feel kind of pointless.

Appreciated having a bunch of different normal attacks though. It wasn't particularly good but that Chaos skill that had you spin around throwing knives was fun to look at.

Hypocrisy
Oct 4, 2006
Lord of Sarcasm

Wait...does that mean we're getting a new area before they bring back some of the later dungeons?

Hypocrisy
Oct 4, 2006
Lord of Sarcasm

I hope we get some more passives with the new area.

As for bugs, the line of filth is behind the love hotel, near the warp point. You have to cross it to climb up the building with the room key side mission. You unavoidably get 1 stack of filth when crossing it, even if you're jumping.

Also, in the last fight of the Slaughterhouse, when you fall underground, there is a piece of terrain where friendly fire is turned on and you can hurt your allies with aoe damage. Admittedly, that was a pretty funny glitch the first time I experienced it.

Hypocrisy
Oct 4, 2006
Lord of Sarcasm

Sekenr posted:

Yes, that's what I heard unless they removed it in SWL.

Nah, it's still in. It's faction specific but it's a story mission.

Hypocrisy
Oct 4, 2006
Lord of Sarcasm

GreyjoyBastard posted:

Almost done with climbing Orochi Tower, and therefore presumably will finish current story content just in time for SAfrica. :toot:

I'll have to review what exactly was in which company, but my lorewise favorite Bad Idea Floor of Bad Idea Tower so far was the horticulturists who appear to have gotten slightly ambitious about crop durability.

well, that and the Bee Experiment, which I'm sure isn't ominous at all

My favorite parts of Orochi Tower were the ridiculous Zagan memos and the intact Faust floor.

Hypocrisy
Oct 4, 2006
Lord of Sarcasm

GreyjoyBastard posted:

Zagan is the food dudes, right?

Yup. Those poor fools.

Hypocrisy
Oct 4, 2006
Lord of Sarcasm

Interesting. I'm kind of surprised at the idea of your character, one of the world's most infamous terrorists and known bee, being able to infiltrate anything. Then again, being outed like that could easily be set up so you've been abandoned by your faction and need a new patron.

Hypocrisy
Oct 4, 2006
Lord of Sarcasm

Sekenr posted:

This pisses me off so much. They put the Last train to Cairo content in the middle of the main quest for no real reason and it breaks the flow and adds this kind of jank. Prepare to fight Abdel again in the pyramid after you "killed" him on the train

Yeah, that annoyed me too. I'm not sure why they did it.

Hypocrisy
Oct 4, 2006
Lord of Sarcasm

A fairly minor spoiler but something I'm pretty disappointed by in the new area...

Since communications are blocked we get no text for mission turn ins, at least in the first area. How am I to keep motivated without Richard Sonnec's lofty words?

Hypocrisy
Oct 4, 2006
Lord of Sarcasm

theflyingorc posted:

you should MAYBE keep playing

You're not my dad.

But seriously, not quite to the peaks of my favorite parts of TSW but a good time throughout.

I don't suppose there are any extra key words, besides Enabler, John Copley, and Beaumont you can look up in the sabotage mission?

Ossipago posted:

Now that I think about it, it was Dame Julia being drunk and using the handlers phone. Sonnac would never not be sober. Templars are basically the DD of the Secret World. You're welcome.

Dame Julia drunk? But she won't stand for that sort of behavior!

Hypocrisy fucked around with this message at 04:49 on Apr 6, 2018

Hypocrisy
Oct 4, 2006
Lord of Sarcasm

clone on the phone posted:

Is alacrity always active if it's on your secondary?

Pretty sure the speed bonus only activates if it's your active weapon.

Hypocrisy
Oct 4, 2006
Lord of Sarcasm

I'd switch for diversity's sake. Try some of the other ones and see if you like them. Or maybe you'll find a better combination. Though, you might want to stock up on some AP/SP before switching so you can buy some actives/passives.

Hypocrisy
Oct 4, 2006
Lord of Sarcasm

Meskhenet posted:

When i mean switch, i mean as reroll a new character. I know there is no chance of just changing unless you've prepared for it.

Well, I think most of us are just talking about swapping weapons on the same character.

If you want to reroll, it can be fun to see the plot from another faction's perspective but if you just want to swap weapons I wouldn't bother.

Hypocrisy
Oct 4, 2006
Lord of Sarcasm

Huh. I thought the Last Train to Cairo was pretty alright. I actually can't think of any defend the base type missions in that chain but admittedly I haven't replayed it recently. The Unbound chain though, that I think I disliked.

Hypocrisy
Oct 4, 2006
Lord of Sarcasm

Tirade posted:

Trying to get the "don't get hit by beams" cheevo on the top of the train is frustrating as hell.

Transylvania is heaps of fun and I'm sad I raced through it the first time to get to 50. Went back recently and although I'm well over-levelled it's a really interesting setting.

Yeah, that infuriated me too. But when I didn't care about achievements I was fine!

Hypocrisy
Oct 4, 2006
Lord of Sarcasm

Omi no Kami posted:

Is the last 25% of the game worth pushing through egypt? I've forced myself through what I think is most of the third act, then hit a weird bit where it takes a break from the plot to funnel you through an endless series of extremely frustrating sabotage missions. The latest one was the thing where you go back in time to rome, and since I"m terrible at stealth I probably poured 45+ minutes into figuring out what the heck it wanted me to do, only for the crafting thing to break. Forums all said to try relogging, which reset the entire mission and lost all of my progress. I haven't been having any fun whatsoever since about 2 hours into egypt, and if transylvania is more of the same I figure I should cut my losses and just call it quits.

I thought Transylvania and Kaiden were really good story wise. Transylvania less so the main plot and more so the part that leads into Kaiden, though the finale of Transylvania was fantastic.

Hypocrisy
Oct 4, 2006
Lord of Sarcasm

Here's another interview with the new lead designer.

If you don't feel like reading, the only really interesting points are that the next content update will be a mission pack some time after the anniversary. Also, he likes the idea of scaling zones so earlier zones may not be a complete waste to do.

Hypocrisy
Oct 4, 2006
Lord of Sarcasm

Dark_Swordmaster posted:

How do I open these beehives?

Every hour a portal opens in Agartha which lets you fight a Talos hole. Beating that gives you a buff that lets you open one hive.

Hypocrisy
Oct 4, 2006
Lord of Sarcasm

Pilchenstein posted:

It's one of those "you've missed it" affairs, the anniversary event ended this morning. :v:

You should be able to just right click all the hives for 1k shards each now.

Oh whoops. That's pretty embarrassing!

Hypocrisy
Oct 4, 2006
Lord of Sarcasm

Len posted:

Are the missing dungeons in yet? And the second raid?

No to both.

Hypocrisy
Oct 4, 2006
Lord of Sarcasm

Pilchenstein posted:

At least the two "kill him without breaking any radios" achievements (no idea why there are two lol) can be done on any difficulty. I found the most success using my occult defence scenarios build - full aoe damage (so it took a while to actually kill the fucker) for clearing the ghosts with expose and a damage buff, though it leans quite heavily on my signet of cruel delight for healing. Definitely don't (re)engage the presenter until you've broken the radio in the room he's in though, he'll just stand and heal himself until you're ready but he's much easier to deal with once there's no ghosts.

The stacking buffs one is max difficulty only I believe.

Hypocrisy
Oct 4, 2006
Lord of Sarcasm

Huh. Too bad I already did it. Bright side, got to use my wings 3 times.

I'd still suggest not doing it alone.

Hypocrisy
Oct 4, 2006
Lord of Sarcasm

Sekenr posted:

But than you won't get the achievement

Really? I could have sworn you could still get the max debuff/don't destroy radio achievements even grouped up. Oh well, much needed nerfs for less optimized players then.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hypocrisy
Oct 4, 2006
Lord of Sarcasm

Ossipago posted:

Dark Agartha coming in two weeks. Not sure what type of content this is, but it means we've had the agent system, South Africa, and the new scenario in the past year, plus this now. That's honestly not a bad drip of new stuff.

Yeah, it's a solid amount of new content. I'm pretty surprised since it sounded rather dire at Funcom.

LITERALLY MY FETISH posted:

South Africa? Did they put in a new zone? I should probably play a bit of this again, get more value out of that lifetime sub.

Yup, new zone. The story actually continues post Kaiden.