Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Tallgeese
May 11, 2008

MAKE LOVE, NOT WAR

I still haven't gotten into the beta. I am extremely peeved about this.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tallgeese
May 11, 2008

MAKE LOVE, NOT WAR

Gloomy Rube posted:

Is there any change to those or are they still 'you get seen, back to the start despite the enemy who spotted you being much lower level than you'?

Chances are they made the enemies all invincible.

See, here's the thing with the stealth missions: one way to perfect them was to use Red Mist to instantly kill the patrolling enemy, or use your Wings of Ophanim to smite really tough foes.

A second change they likely made is preventing someone from doing it for you for the perfect run achievement. I would bet my bottom dollar that is one of two changes they made.

Tallgeese
May 11, 2008

MAKE LOVE, NOT WAR

Len posted:

And that mission is poo poo. EvilBillMurray has fought angels, demons, and possibly gods yet Orochi robots have to be carefully avoided.

Also you can rocketjump past the pressure plates to make it faster.

I pity the fool who didn't have someone cheat the second half of the mission for them for the achievement.

Tallgeese
May 11, 2008

MAKE LOVE, NOT WAR

Is that official or?

I'm going to be upset if I lose my Pale Horse.

Tallgeese
May 11, 2008

MAKE LOVE, NOT WAR

Well, nice to know the animations are different.

Tallgeese
May 11, 2008

MAKE LOVE, NOT WAR

novaSphere posted:

Since most people just ran all those stacking % damage buffs anyway.

Until flat damage procs were proved superior that is.

Tallgeese
May 11, 2008

MAKE LOVE, NOT WAR

I can't imagine that Patron status is permanent.

Tallgeese
May 11, 2008

MAKE LOVE, NOT WAR

Len posted:

Tbh I don't even remember what my dudes face looks like. Horse mask 24/7 since I got the thing. It's why I won't buy outfits with my stipend because most aren't horse compatible

Could buy me outfits instead, but they count as bonus points. Alas.

Tallgeese
May 11, 2008

MAKE LOVE, NOT WAR

Man though, I really am going to miss picking up loot from random open world kills.

It could actually be a reasonable source of pax if you sold all the QL10 weapons.

Tallgeese
May 11, 2008

MAKE LOVE, NOT WAR

...what.

No, there must be a mistake. There is no way they could possibly be stupid enough to limit the economy to Patrons.

Tallgeese
May 11, 2008

MAKE LOVE, NOT WAR

I mean, to be fair all I had left to do were NM Raids, but this is just not adding much content I don't think.

Tallgeese
May 11, 2008

MAKE LOVE, NOT WAR

Lawlicaust posted:

Yes. They removed most of the AP costs too and the exhibits give permentant buffs. The buffs are really weak and buggy now though. And the text prompts for most of it haven't been changed.

Also there is a new ARG:

http://www.kissoftherevenant.com

There answers for this? Just want the stuff really.

Tallgeese
May 11, 2008

MAKE LOVE, NOT WAR

Yes, the Patron Lawlicaust refers to is a sub as far as anyone knows.

Tallgeese
May 11, 2008

MAKE LOVE, NOT WAR

Only question is if that includes Hatekeeper's 1% Red Shem.

Tallgeese
May 11, 2008

MAKE LOVE, NOT WAR

Can anyone confirm for me whether or not Caligari in SWL sells the Multichromatic Cardinal?

Tallgeese
May 11, 2008

MAKE LOVE, NOT WAR

I'm not going to lie, the practically-required sub at $13 a month to participate in the economy leaves an extremely bad taste in my mouth.

At that point I may as well go play LOTRO.

Tallgeese
May 11, 2008

MAKE LOVE, NOT WAR

Well yeah, but my life blood is direct trading, the mail system, et cetera.

I gave away a truckload of stuff yesterday. I couldn't even do that in SWL. That's insane.

I don't understand why there's not a Legacy status that grants those features without Patron, but even with that my will to play would be sapped knowing I'd have a hell of a time doing trades.

Tallgeese fucked around with this message at 14:25 on Jun 24, 2017

Tallgeese
May 11, 2008

MAKE LOVE, NOT WAR

afkmacro posted:

I still haven't seen anything that fundamentally different than the original game, I don't under why they couldn't/didn't just convert the original to freemium or whatever. I'm in KS questing and everything is the same except I get dailies and area specific kill 10 bear asses quests that pop up.

I can answer this: the answer is Greed.

How do you justify, in the Year of our Lord 2017, taking away:

1) The mail system
2) The ability to direct trade without a sub
3) The point stipend you get for subscribing

...without a new game?

Tallgeese
May 11, 2008

MAKE LOVE, NOT WAR

Lawlicaust posted:

Because they wanted to reset the economy and skills. Hard to sell anything to anyone when they have millions of Pax.

There are a lot of UI upgrade and skill/animation overhauls. But that's an expansion for any other game.

There can't be much of an economy when most people can't trade and have hard limits on AH listings per day.

Plus, most people in TSW had no pax. You know the guy who ran TSWDB? He never had more than 3 million on hand at any point.

Tallgeese
May 11, 2008

MAKE LOVE, NOT WAR

Ugh. I'd play the market but unless I can buy Patron direct with Aurum, what's the point?

Tallgeese
May 11, 2008

MAKE LOVE, NOT WAR

Lawlicaust posted:

Short-term, sprint upgrades and bag space. Long-term, AP/SP without having to grind.

Well yes, but once you max your weapons, what are they going to do? Add more AP/SP sinks?

Tallgeese
May 11, 2008

MAKE LOVE, NOT WAR

Hah.

My girlfriend reserved Principality. It's an invalid name, and they didn't let her reserve another. Typical.

Tallgeese
May 11, 2008

MAKE LOVE, NOT WAR

Just roll back the whole thing.

Funcom has no system in place that could detect frauds.

Tallgeese
May 11, 2008

MAKE LOVE, NOT WAR

Lawlicaust posted:

They are going to have to rollback aurum completely. Give everyone only what they purchased with real money. And then probably rollback anything that was bought with Aurum. And then probably roll people back to some Mark of Fate number that is reasonable based on how many days the game has been up. And then give anyone any marks they got from selling things... or give some arbitrary number of marks to everyone to make it "fair".

If they don't do all those things, poo poo is hosed in some way. It's just a complete clusterfuck.

Right.

The problem is: Funcom hosed up character conversions, stuff like Icy Claw and Red Cat Ears don't show in the dressing room (but are still on you).

Do you really trust them to not screw up anything short of a full rollback?

Tallgeese
May 11, 2008

MAKE LOVE, NOT WAR

Yup. Shame because I spent all 10k marks just buying my first sprint upgrade.

Honestly, I can't see this game lasting more than a few months. The f2p systems are an atrocity, and the playerbase is toxic now.

We literally have a person who suggested the way to fix this is to give non-subs a cap of 100k aurum and subs 500k.

Tallgeese
May 11, 2008

MAKE LOVE, NOT WAR

You're right; I somehow translated that to something less bad, because my mind was trying to protect me from the stupidity.

Everything is too expensive, the grind is terrible unless you drop insane money, etc.

I mean, it costs roughly 20 to 30 USD to buy a cash shop item that upgrades a MK1 item to MK3.

What sort of deranged psycho would buy that? That's a whole game right there!

Tallgeese
May 11, 2008

MAKE LOVE, NOT WAR

Wait a second.

If they do a rollback, how, exactly, do they plan to compensate everyone who actually bought Aurum or Patron, etc?

I'm calling it now:

They do the rollback, try to give people the aurum etc they bought, and somehow charge them again.

Tallgeese
May 11, 2008

MAKE LOVE, NOT WAR

Steam actually takes a cut on ingame transactions?

Tallgeese
May 11, 2008

MAKE LOVE, NOT WAR

Lawlicaust posted:

Hahaha, poo poo is so hosed.

I'm tempted to say they deserve it for trying to monetize so many aspects.

Tallgeese
May 11, 2008

MAKE LOVE, NOT WAR

Thinking about it, I really do not understand how this economy is any better than original flavor TSW's.

So, OK. You can pick up a MK3 weapon with a good suffix and sell it for 10k marks. Sure why not.

So, how in all the world is this going to result in anything different from how most signets were not worth a drat, and the few good ones hit 15 mil, 40+ mil, etc Pax? At least that Pax was obtainable by running dungeons! People are only going to want the good MK3s!

Have I lost my mind here? Am I missing some silver lining?

Tallgeese fucked around with this message at 20:35 on Jun 25, 2017

Tallgeese
May 11, 2008

MAKE LOVE, NOT WAR

Pilchenstein posted:

You get all nine weapons anyway apparently.

I'd like to see a link!

Tallgeese
May 11, 2008

MAKE LOVE, NOT WAR

Speaking of Sanctuary stupidity...

I just had a conversation with people who insist that Warframe's monetization is identical to SWL's. I was floored.

Tallgeese
May 11, 2008

MAKE LOVE, NOT WAR

Richard M Nixon posted:

I don't understand the bitching about receiving loot boxes. Especially the complaints about just picking them up being annoying. Delete them, who cares? Nobody is forcing you to spend money to open them, and right now it's not exactly going to drive big bucks to funcom. I'm expecting there to be monthly rotating boxes that have different cosmetic themes since costumes are one of the biggest sellers in mmos. Pets and weapon skins too. The crafting boosts drop a little too often but it's nice to power level gear with and the fragments are a common way to eventually get a thing you want. I'm not white knighting funcom and the monetization system, just saying that it's not the most funcompetent system in the world. I enjoy opening my one cache a day for fun.

People are complaining because the original game didn't do as much monetization. People were complaining on the slightest whiff of P2W in TSW, and then they pull this which is hilarious.

All those loot boxes had directly tradable contents, no monthly sub needed. You cannot acquire anything similar to a Pax reserve with ease, because Marks of Favor are capped per day and require a fairly sizable time investment to do it. Then there's the 10 AH sell limit per day. Ad nauseum.

The economy is going to be nastier than anything TSW had, and this is coming from someone who managed to obtain two complete event and store bag sets for two accounts, and 99% for a third.

You're also forgetting a really critical difference in TSW when you talk about AP/SP: You could not gently caress up. It was impossible, you could simply gain more AP at a reasonable clip and gain the skills you needed if you didn't like what you bought.

Well, here, if you screw up you're stuck with it because AP/SP gain slows.

Tallgeese fucked around with this message at 00:45 on Jun 27, 2017

Tallgeese
May 11, 2008

MAKE LOVE, NOT WAR

The problem with that, is that the economic slowdown is inevitable.

There will quickly come a point where a few weapon suffixes are king and everything else is vendor trash. This would be acceptable if anima shards and marks were the same currency, so that selling something gets you a small bit of marks, but...

Like, it used to be that a good roll on Shambala would net you a signet worth millions of pax with some regularity. The equivalent won't really happen here I don't think.

Tallgeese
May 11, 2008

MAKE LOVE, NOT WAR

crawlkill posted:

2. the original TSW wasn't really drop-happy either, and in some sense they've just shifted the custom item economy over into being run by the players instead of NPC vendors; this could be a disaster, ofc, but structurally earning marks to earn upgrades with the possibility of a drop you want is more "this boss might possibly have a fun object inside it" than oldTSW was, not less

of course the point could be made that Legends' drop system should be considered in a wider context, not just in comparison to the "I almost never care about what's in a boss' pocketses" of TSW

The problem here is, again:

1) Mark gain is capped, pax was not.

and

2) Someone will figure out the optimal build per spec, and as a result only the perfect items will be worth anything.

This system is "original flavor TSW but worse."

All the problems, almost none of the perks except that you can exchange for Aurum.

Issue is, I don't see how the Aurum exchange will end well.

Tallgeese fucked around with this message at 22:25 on Jun 27, 2017

Tallgeese
May 11, 2008

MAKE LOVE, NOT WAR

Capntastic posted:

Even getting like, 1k marks of friendship as a dungeon reward sometimes would be a nice option.

Just merge Anima Shards and marks. This really is not a difficult problem.

Yes, it will lead to inflation. That'll happen anyway. No sense in delaying the inevitable.

Tallgeese
May 11, 2008

MAKE LOVE, NOT WAR

So it turns out that the 10 AH limit is how many you can put up per day, period. Not how many you sell.

If you try to cancel a sale to put up a more valuable item, it won't refund the slot.

Tallgeese
May 11, 2008

MAKE LOVE, NOT WAR

Supposedly you're getting unlimited AH selling too.

Tallgeese
May 11, 2008

MAKE LOVE, NOT WAR

quote:

-- Anybody can trade at level 15, Patrons any level

Jesus H Christ. My faith is 25% restored.

Now if they remove the ridiculous AH per day sell limit I am sold.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tallgeese
May 11, 2008

MAKE LOVE, NOT WAR

Richard M Nixon posted:

Pretty sure that's the same gimmick they had in tsw. It's really not a huge deal because you're only slotting 5+5 so it gives more ease of flexibility to patrons but it's not giving a dps boost or anything.

You're forgetting something rather important.

Unless those stat boost passives only work if you're holding that weapon.