Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
VideoGames
Aug 18, 2003
I have been playing Diablo3 and now Marvel Omegas on my PS4. I am really getting into the whole looty action RPG genre.
Does anyone have any more recommendations for PS4 based games of this nature?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

VideoGames
Aug 18, 2003

Cowcaster posted:

i play all my videogames on a digital rectal thermometer, by shoving it up my rear end, and screaming "videogames"

It makes family gatherings for me very tricky.

VideoGames
Aug 18, 2003

Ostentatious posted:

jokes on you i never get upset at video games except when i get upset at video games

Look, I've apologised time and time again!!!

VideoGames
Aug 18, 2003
I have a strange dislike when people at work say they will ping me an email.

Also, so far E3 has been a little too quiet for me. I want some raucous excitement and spectacular wins/failings.

VideoGames
Aug 18, 2003

That litter is looking a bit full.

VideoGames
Aug 18, 2003

Foglet posted:

Thermidor now seems to have a demo version available.

I must have guillotines.

VideoGames
Aug 18, 2003
Has anyone here played Lego Dimensions, and if so, what is it like?

VideoGames
Aug 18, 2003

precision posted:

Just like all the other Lego games, with some episodes (Portal 2, Dr. Who, Ghostbusters, etc) being among the best they've done.

That settles that for me then! :D Going to get the heck out of it!

VideoGames
Aug 18, 2003

Is this a remake of Symphony of the Night?

VideoGames
Aug 18, 2003

Sakurazuka posted:

It's a new game by the guy that directed SotN and a bunch of other Castlevania games.

It looks like my cup of tea! I enjoyed Symphony of the Night quite a bit.

VideoGames
Aug 18, 2003

LawfulWaffle posted:

So was I the only one who thought that when Sonic Mania was only going to have a few new areas, that meant that the repeated ones, like Green Hill and Chemical Plant, were going to be the exact same as their original appearances? I was okay with that, too. But that's not the case

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AG6z9E6_LA8
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2IGIIOlfwZo

I am so insanely hyped for this. I can't even!

VideoGames
Aug 18, 2003
Oh god the revamped music in those videos! Holy moly! Could this be the best Sonic game? Finally something to unseat S3&K??

VideoGames
Aug 18, 2003
I just played superhot for a little bit and my word that is a gem of a game!
What an awesome menu system! I had no idea what to expect :D

VideoGames
Aug 18, 2003
2017 is a wonderful year indeed! So glad about Hitman!!
I just ordered Horizon ZD for £20 and will be picking it up to play with Lady Videogames tomorrow! :D

VideoGames
Aug 18, 2003

Blackfyre posted:

Where did you manage that price! I'd be tempted at that.

Amazon UK. I'm a prime member and keep getting given credit. It's £26 on there and I had some £6 off thanks to their giving me a discount :D

VideoGames
Aug 18, 2003

MMF Freeway posted:

I mean sadly they kinda proved the opposite didn't they?

I think it was more Absolution being poor and affecting the next game, when Season 1 has slowly gathered steam and momentum.

VideoGames
Aug 18, 2003

FirstAidKite posted:

Wow your avatar changed quick. What was with the rogue one you had for a bit? Something you didn't pick out?

I have real trouble picking an avatar. I'm not good enough to make one I like. I am thinking of offering a prize or two to someone who makes me an avatar but I'm not sure if I should offer it in Games or an samart thread or something.

VideoGames
Aug 18, 2003

Real hurthling! posted:

In the words of the ancients, the cock is strongest on his own poo poo pile.

Does that mean I should ask in Games? I've never heard of that phrase. :(

VideoGames
Aug 18, 2003
Any interested in winning some things: https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3824211

Help me and create a wonderful new avatar! :D

VideoGames
Aug 18, 2003

glam rock hamhock posted:

I know if I was a mod, the main effect would be me changing my avatar like every week. I'd contribute to your thread here but the limits of my avatar making tend to be "take a video clip and make it loop in a way I don't hate".

Go for it! You may make some lovely loops that other people could want to use! You never know, you may have a talent for good gifs!

VideoGames
Aug 18, 2003
A new Atari console what the heck?!

VideoGames
Aug 18, 2003

precision posted:

there is literally no way atari is dumb enough to think they can just make room for another console in the wars

unless they are, which would be hilarious

What if this is the 1980s playing out again?! Are we back to the start of the cycle? History repeats as they say!

VideoGames
Aug 18, 2003
I did not really watch E3 because it was getting quite dull. I'd say the Nintendo World Championships has pretty much ruined E3s for me.

VideoGames
Aug 18, 2003
1 week till I get to play Crash Bandicoot :D

VideoGames
Aug 18, 2003
New rule being added to the Games rules thread: STOP TALKING ABOUT PEDOPHILIA OR EQUATING ANYONE WHO WATCHES ANIME A PEDOPHILE.

If you genuinely have evidence of such a hideous crime then report it to the authorities!

VideoGames
Aug 18, 2003

exploded mummy posted:

What about Drakengard

Does that break a rule?

VideoGames
Aug 18, 2003

Endorph posted:

drakengard has a pedophile character in it but its a bad thing because all the characters in drakengard are meant to be hosed up, like the lady that eats babies

What on earth?! I bought the game and tried to emulate it on PC. I played the first thirty minutes (before moving on to something else because of the janky controls) but I had no idea it was full of that madness.

I feel like talking about Drakengard is fine, but what was just occurring was definitely not fine.

VideoGames
Aug 18, 2003

This is the new background to Games, I hope you all like it.

VideoGames
Aug 18, 2003

FirstAidKite posted:

Thank you VideoGames for the new rule about not equating anime game likers to pedophilia

You are welcome. I don't understand why it happens so much around here. I haven't seen much anime, but tarnishing an entire medium because of some outliers seems like a bad way to judge things.

VideoGames
Aug 18, 2003

ArfJason posted:

accusing anyone of being a pedophile without any substantial proof is a bannable offense, so next time you should just ban ppl like that cause its hosed up

You're absolutely correct. There was no real overt statement, just implications, but I will not allow it to go on.

Please can people report this when they see it so that I do not miss it.

VideoGames
Aug 18, 2003

wizard on a water slide posted:

Agreed with both parts, there were some good posts and conversations in it

Like I still think the one about "default whiteness" in games primarily developed by Asians for Asian markets, and how white people think characters like Cloud from FF7 are obviously white but Japanese gamers don't see it that way, is loving fascinating because there's a whole lot going on there on both sides and people who treat things like that as if they're a settled issue either way are nuts

I sometimes wish there was still a thread like it and I once actively considered what the OP should look like and what rules it should lay out to avoid it becoming another shitpit and moderator nightmare, but it's not worth the trouble for me personally to try and manage

This might sound insane, but I really enjoyed that thread (despite some of the badposting) and I am willing to allow another attempt at having it. It would have to be locked down in terms of rules, but I am hoping things have changed here enough in the years that we could give it a better try without devolving into petty fights.

VideoGames
Aug 18, 2003

ArfJason posted:

dude you do see what the internet is like today right

While this is true, I'm afraid I have hope that Games might be able to pull together and make a potentially decent thread. I'd be hugely strict in it at least. I know I can be a bit too optimistic.

Sakurazuka posted:

Adam Bowen still posts here occasionally and he'd probably just turn it into the 'Adam Bowen trolls people with his lovely opinions' thread again.

Then he gets banned/probed. I would hope to nip the trolling in the bud. I don't mind being super bad cop in there.

VideoGames
Aug 18, 2003

Palpek posted:

And I wouldn't like to see it, it's a horrific idea. Goons in games are not able to handle this poo poo in any civil manner. They can't even handle similarly inflammatory topics in this thread without going into screaming matches and making the thread complete poo poo because it's never about the subject matter and always about their self-esteem.

Yeah, you're right. I know you are, I just wished we could try to get beyond that. :(

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

VideoGames
Aug 18, 2003
It's 9:30am here in the UK and I am enjoying casual work wednesday! :D

• Locked thread