Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
joehonkie
Jan 12, 2006

I'm a member of STARS.
It'll be great until he makes a deal with the DC Devil to have his old life back in order to save Alfred from terminal cancer.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

joehonkie
Jan 12, 2006

I'm a member of STARS.

Lightning Lord posted:

Neron is the DC Comics demon who makes deals with superpeople.

Seems trustworthy.

joehonkie
Jan 12, 2006

I'm a member of STARS.

Lightning Lord posted:

The Grant Morrison stuff is good. Also Kurt Busiek.

A lot of the older comics despite having the banana hammock costume are cool.

Oooh, Kurt Busiek.

joehonkie
Jan 12, 2006

I'm a member of STARS.

Mr Hootington posted:

I would have loved a late 90s/early 00's Brenden Fraiser led franchise of him fighting each Universal Monster after The first Mummy.

That would have been great.

Who's the modern version of Abbott and Costello? Key and Peele?

joehonkie
Jan 12, 2006

I'm a member of STARS.
I'm so glad I got to see him at awesome con last year and that he got to finish one last great media project as Batman before he went.

But he was 88 and had a great life, so good for him on that, too.

joehonkie
Jan 12, 2006

I'm a member of STARS.
With Chaykin's art style, every woman is arguably a trans woman.

To be fair, his works have a fairly misogynist streak, too. I love how the Shadow had a "oh the hero is a misogynist from a different time, heh heh" but of course the modern girl can't resist his charms anyways.

joehonkie
Jan 12, 2006

I'm a member of STARS.
Fair enough. I hosed up.

EDIT: I deserve the tearing up I'm getting here. It was a lovely thing to say and I'm sure I wouldn't have made the same joke about like ethnicity or something. Sorry guys.

joehonkie fucked around with this message at 02:06 on Jun 15, 2017

joehonkie
Jan 12, 2006

I'm a member of STARS.

Lurdiak posted:

I'm not sure who told him he should go into voice acting, he really doesn't have a ton of range.

I managed to catch the tail end of one of his talks at the local con over the weekend. He was funny, but everyone who asked him for advice on acting got pretty much nothing, which is unusual.

joehonkie
Jan 12, 2006

I'm a member of STARS.

Endless Mike posted:

TBF I find Infamous to be the better book.

Infamous like the game?

joehonkie
Jan 12, 2006

I'm a member of STARS.

Endless Mike posted:

Are you even following the discussion?

That's why I was confused. I'm always behind on my Marvel books and hadn't caught up to Infamous Iron Man being a book and being a separate one (I googled it).

EDIT: I knew there was an Infamous comic book.

joehonkie
Jan 12, 2006

I'm a member of STARS.

purple death ray posted:

Infamous Iron Man is a comic about Tony Stark playing Infamous on his Playstation

I can see why that would be a huge seller. Although now I've looked it up, the real comic does sound pretty cool.

I swear someone mentioned earlier that one of Marvel's huge problems was not just the steam of big events but their constant split and merge of titles. I was aware of Ironheart because local comic book places have her poster everywhere, but I knew nothing of Infamous Iron Man.

Someone I know has read some Miles Morales TPBs and is really into the character but finding it hard to find a nice list of what he needs to read to keep following him specifically. Seems like the same problem.

joehonkie
Jan 12, 2006

I'm a member of STARS.

Alhazred posted:

You shouldn't really have to make a flowchart to keep up with comics, but that's kinda how I feel it is with DC and Marvel.

quote:

My friend: The Miles Morales ones I read confused me because I couldn’t tell if they were two different universes or I read them in the wrong order or what.
My friend: And it’s incredibly difficult to figure that out.

joehonkie: So they probably are?

My friend: So I just shrugged.

joehonkie: So Marvel made a spinoff called Ultimate Marvel, where they were trying to do really new variations on the old stories. Then they started basing some elements of the movies off stuff from Ultimate.
joehonkie: Then their fans started getting confused, so they decided to have a big crossover event called Secret Wars which honestly doesn't seem too terrible, but the outcome is (purposely) to delete the Ultimate Universe and bring in a handful of its most popular elements to normal Marvel Universe.
joehonkie: So his story in Ultimate is one thing, and then in addition he's just another spider person in post-Secret Wars Marvel
joehonkie: CROSSOVERS!

My friend: That was forever ago wasn’t it?

joehonkie: In comic book time, maybe, but no not really. 2015.
joehonkie: Not to be confused with the Secret Wars which ran when I was a kid.

My friend: One set of the books, Peter Parker died fighting the Green Goblin (who was more like an Ogre) and Morales seemed to be good at what he was doing. In the other, Miles was having trouble in school, Civil War 2 was happening, and other such things.
My friend: I guess that’s why.
My friend: Wait, what?
My friend: There were 2 Secret Wars?
My friend: I thought I remembered it from a long time ago.

joehonkie: HAHAHA
joehonkie: Two.
joehonkie: oh, man.

joehonkie
Jan 12, 2006

I'm a member of STARS.

X-O posted:

The current Miles is definitely the Miles from the Ultimate Universe, but his past has been altered in some way. Spider-Men II is going to dive into that and will also touch on the Miles Morales that is originally from the 616 universe that was teased in the first Spider-Men series.

Wait, there's a separate 616-native Miles? I can't tell my friend about that. He'll never pick up another comic.

joehonkie
Jan 12, 2006

I'm a member of STARS.

Benito Cereno posted:

I know it's probably not the popular choice, but I think Final Frontier is my favorite Scioli comic. Admittedly, I haven't read all of GI Joe/Transformers yet.

American Barbarian is so good, but I'll grant Final Frontier a close second. I haven't read GI Joe/Transformers or Gødland yet, though.

Everything I see about GI Joe/Transformers looks completely insane, though.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

joehonkie
Jan 12, 2006

I'm a member of STARS.

Lurdiak posted:

I hope it's Veronica.

https://youtu.be/LAtl1L75uHc

• Locked thread