Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
best girl
Hibiki
Tsubasa
Chris
Maria
Kirika
Shirabe
Miku
The Man of Truth, Dr. Ver
Genjuuro
Shinji (who)
View Results

• Locked thread
graybook
Oct 10, 2011

pinya~
GROUND FLOOR

RABIDLY HYPE

READY TO BREAK THE (CREDIT) LIMIT ON XD GACHA

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

graybook
Oct 10, 2011

pinya~

Phobophilia posted:

cross ange s2 when

oh christ

graybook
Oct 10, 2011

pinya~

One of the most fun Miku faces

graybook
Oct 10, 2011

pinya~
There's at least once named Bikki solo attack in the upcoming mobage

graybook
Oct 10, 2011

pinya~
BAYONET CHARGE is intense and I plan to karaoke it with my very good friend at Otakon.

graybook
Oct 10, 2011

pinya~

ZenMasterBullshit posted:

Man there was a big blog post talking about the double meaning of Miku's song and I wanted to show it to a friend but I can't seem to find it.

Is it perhaps in reference to this

https://i.imgur.com/h7kcg6E.png

graybook
Oct 10, 2011

pinya~
AI DESU YO

graybook
Oct 10, 2011

pinya~

Eela6 posted:

Just finished GX. I agree that the season felt way too compressed. They needed less action scenes & fewer highlight characters. Hibiki, Tsubasa, & their parental issues were the thematic core of the season, and they should have had more time.

I want Hibiki and Miku's school friends to come back next season, even if it's only for another song about Beef Stroganoff (Beef Stroganoff!!)

That said, I've had a good time. You could say it was as wild a ride as Yukine herself!

We just finished 13 earlier in my group to catch one guy up for AXZ. Good stuff.

ALSO THIS IS NOTED IN DISCORD, BUT TO ANNOUNCE HERE:

SYMPHOGEAR XD UNLIMITED IS OUT FOR PLAY
DOWNLOAD IT THROUGH SOME KIND OF MEANS OH MAN IT'S TIME IT'S TIME IT'S TIME

e: Looks like my ID thing is 764,316,430

graybook fucked around with this message at 06:13 on Jun 26, 2017

graybook
Oct 10, 2011

pinya~

SyntheticPolygon posted:

I don't know their names but same.

Edit: I think i've finally gotten to the part of GX where the Symphogears stop getting systematically owned each episode and i'm glad for it.

that's anime-chan

graybook
Oct 10, 2011

pinya~
Cag's VA is interesting.

I should go back and see the other song titles because I only checked the last two in the credits.

graybook
Oct 10, 2011

pinya~
Can't wait to go home and reexperience it with a heavy dose of memes

graybook
Oct 10, 2011

pinya~

Sidesaddle Cavalry posted:

he and Rina Hidaka + Minako Kotobuki harmonize really, really well.

I gotta say I am loving that Minako Kotobuki gets to sing here. The character CD announcement that was only the six main Gear users getting releases caused me to worry a little, but I'm glad that there's at least the baddies' song. She's got a good amount of power to her voice and to have her in this series without letting her sing would've been a huge waste.

graybook
Oct 10, 2011

pinya~

chumbler posted:

Is Maria's apparent particle cannon new or did she have that in GX? I forget. Either way, her symphogear attacks are rising up the cool list, though Chris is still at the top.

Closest thing I can think of is HORIZON†SPEAR from G, but that was Gungnir.

I think I like Maria's attack cards best.

graybook
Oct 10, 2011

pinya~

Endorph posted:

also its easy to miss but that dude in the top is very probably tsubasa's 'real' dad/genjuuro and yatsuhiro's dad. fudou. the fact that he got a name last season and there was that secne at the end of gx with gen and yatsuhiro looking at the sky kinda made it seem like tsubasa family drama was going to come up anyway

the... person at the end of the op also has very similar hair to tsubasa but they're facing away from the camera so its kinda hard to tell even their gender. the chestline makes it seem like a dude but who knows.

my pet theory atm is that s4 will segue into s5 by way of fudou or mystery family member popping up and dropping some bomb for them to hang a cliffhanger on for a cour or two, and then hibiki will punch tsubasa's family issues, repeatedly.

Since the person in the OP has what appears to be long purple hair, I'm assuming that's the Adam that Saint-Germain mentions in her 400-year-old reminiscence. Especially since Adam is depicted with that figure Tiki they recovered.

graybook
Oct 10, 2011

pinya~

Lessail posted:

ok how many more episodes of

"we're useless without linker it sucks"
"i suck because i can't make the linker"

are we going to have

Dr. Ver's LiNKER recipes are the new Dainsleif

graybook
Oct 10, 2011

pinya~

chumbler posted:

It will turn out the linker recipes are all obscured by Ver's doodles of himself as a symphogear and Elfnein just can't read anything under them.

they get to one of the other files on the card and it's a crudely animated transformation sequence set to the title music of Last Action Hero

graybook
Oct 10, 2011

pinya~
WRT costume changes IIRC it's related to like how many system locks the users overcome, or something to that effect, and I guess that's shown via the passage of time. I think one of the interviews was remarking on how the gear appearances hadn't changed too much since GX, and I believe it was explained as "it hasn't been that long since GX"; so my assumption there is that they hadn't done enough training to unlock a significant amount in their systems, which would have manifested in more noticeable changes.

Now that I think about this - I wonder how much training/unlocking is necessary to gain a new song. Granted, that's kind of season-controlled, but then you have stuff like Hibiki pulling out Little Miracle -Grip it Tight- at the end of GX versus Genkai Toppa G-Beat. Tsubasa had one of the more obvious instances in G with her purposefully damping herself, at which point she pulled out Zettou Ame no Habakiri instead of Gekkou no Tsurugi. And then I guess G-GX technically, Maria had no opportunity to advance further with Gungnir, so she kept Ressou Gungnir (and also on a meta level, I guess they didn't want to make a full-on new song that wasn't the B-side to her activation song).
Hm.

graybook
Oct 10, 2011

pinya~

McDragon posted:

Oh, I forgot something neat from this episode, the Antikythera mechanism. I always like it when that thing pops up in something as a plot point.

also give Miku a gear

In playing the mobage, I'm certain this actually comes up in the 3.5 story that's supposed to bridge this season and last.

graybook
Oct 10, 2011

pinya~
Can that make Shirabe jiiiiiii-ro

graybook
Oct 10, 2011

pinya~

Sindai posted:

I can't believe G's training montage is better than the first one, Genjuuro's song is too powerful. He's the perfect dad for Hibiki. :allears:

Also important Chris fact: she eats like a total slob.

Oh poo poo, you're in that stretch of G now.

graybook
Oct 10, 2011

pinya~

Sakurazuka posted:

If they don't make out on screen multiple times it's still subtext

if they don't say "i am your wife and we are in a relationship" it's still subtext, because for all we know, that could be friendly frenching
gal pal gullet gulping

graybook
Oct 10, 2011

pinya~
*tuant

graybook
Oct 10, 2011

pinya~

TFRazorsaw posted:

season 5 will take the next step and give Hibimiku a child.

Chris and Tsubasa will argue over whether the kid will be trained to use a gun or a sword.

please, we can find a peaceful resolution

graybook
Oct 10, 2011

pinya~
(E4 shitpost spoiler just in case)

i heard adam weishaupt had an 8 pack. that adam weishaupt was shredded

graybook
Oct 10, 2011

pinya~
https://symphogear.blogspot.jp/2017/07/xd-translation-corner-1.html

Zoid started translating the 3.5 story in XDU.

graybook
Oct 10, 2011

pinya~
From Zoid's translation of the keywords:

Symphogear AXZ on Faust Robes posted:

This is a protector armor that is transmuted via alchemic techniques utilizing a large amount of energy. In this sense it can be thought of as a twin of the Symphogear system. The biggest difference between the two, is that a Faust Robe does not require an Activation Chant to be used. The Faust Robes worn by Saint Germain, Cagliostro and Prelati are all sourced from the Lapis Philosophicus, however it has been especially tuned to each of their unique needs and fighting styles. The capabilities of their Faust Robes are beyond impressive and not only surpass a regular Symphogear but can even suppress the power of the Ignite Module which is supposed to be an ace in the hole.

graybook
Oct 10, 2011

pinya~
I had a goofy chuckle at Adam's appearance of indulgence. Can't wait to understand better.

graybook
Oct 10, 2011

pinya~

chumbler posted:

How long must we endure these dark times?

What I've heard is, apparently Commie's translator was off at Comiket, and is back, but now their editor is off on a weeklong vacation.

graybook
Oct 10, 2011

pinya~

johanna wayne vercingetorix

graybook
Oct 10, 2011

pinya~
Kirika lighting up in the last panel is excellent.
As is Chris's tiny fang in the second panel.

Miku, good lord.

graybook
Oct 10, 2011

pinya~
Holy poop how did I not notice
Probably too focused on Kirika expressing a different emotion

graybook
Oct 10, 2011

pinya~
we need more utazukin material

graybook
Oct 10, 2011

pinya~
mods ban endorph for untagged spoilers

graybook
Oct 10, 2011

pinya~

Matoi Ryuko posted:

Endorph is a rascal. User loses scooter privileges for 6 hours.

satisfactory

This is.... maybe roundabout spoilers for e12 but Alchemist Trio confirmed for the 2018 live!

graybook
Oct 10, 2011

pinya~

kanade for your soul

graybook
Oct 10, 2011

pinya~

Endorph posted:

s1 > g >> axz >> gx

s1 is a fantastic character drama, g is a really good action show, axz is a pretty good action show, gx is a mediocre action show. they all have really good character writing as a saving grace, but a lot of that strong character writing was established in s1 and g, so its not really fair to credit gx for the fact that hibiki rules when hibiki has been a good character for two seasons already.

also i really didnt feel any emotions towards carol at all, though genocide harp is an incredible song and far and away the best song in the series.

Genocide Harp was a pants-making GBS threads moment and I'm glad we got it
though somehow her using it again felt... empty?

graybook
Oct 10, 2011

pinya~
playing that tune allows him to operate at a higher capacity
but as lessail said there is no reason to worry
for in this higher capacity, he is more of himself than ever before

in comparison to the original link, he is...

graybook
Oct 10, 2011

pinya~

graybook posted:

playing that tune allows him to operate at a higher capacity
but as lessail said there is no reason to worry
for in this higher capacity, he is more of himself than ever before

in comparison to the original link, he is...

...link-er

graybook
Oct 10, 2011

pinya~

Eela6 posted:

When will the OVAs come out?

Zesshoushinai specials are releasing with BD/DVD volumes 3-6. One release per each of the coming months, so last will be with BD6 in February.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

graybook
Oct 10, 2011

pinya~
In the moment? Hell yes.
Going back and listening to it as a full standalone song? Feels a bit fast and disjointed at parts.

• Locked thread