Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Are you a mutie?
Yes
No
View Results

Steve Vader
Apr 29, 2005

Everyone's Playing!

Struggling to deal with World Boss, so I'm struggling to finish quests because I'm struggling to get Norn Chaos and all the Black Anti-Matter I need to finish research in the X-Men quest. Of course, I finally upgrade my lab enough to manufacture them, and making one requires using up the other. THAT'S HOW THEY GET YOU. So Strange is stuck at 45 and Wolverine stuck at 50. Do you have to pay to unlock Magneto or if I finish the X-Epic Quest will that unlock him?

I just Tier-2ed Spidey 2099, so that is fun. He now joins Ultron, MODOK, Black Panther as my Tier 2 guys. Trying to drag Superior Spider-Man up to Level 60 so I can start work on Tier-2ing him as well. Deciding to use the Repeat Auto Play while I work to have Miggy drag Otto over the XP finish line.

I've got 6-Star Mastery on Mysterio (54), Beast (50), Rogue (50), Storm (49), Bloodstone (49), Absorbing Man (43). One mastery away on America Chavez, Daisy Johnson and Captain America. 6-stars on Titania, Anti-Man, Thor, Songbird.

I hate how slow the resource gathering for these Epic Quests is going. I should probably spend more time maxing up my ISO but that crap is so boring.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Steve Vader
Apr 29, 2005

Everyone's Playing!

STAC Goat posted:

You should just be focusing on one Epic Quest. Strange or Wolverine. If you divide up your resources you're just slowing everything down. Focus on one and ignore not only the other but any T2 character that requires BAM or Chaos Stones. So pick one and get him done, and when you do that you'll have more weapons to do WBR and other things that help you get that stuff to speed up the other.

I suggest Wolverine over Strange. You already have him farther than Strange. Strange is better but all of the other X-Men are good and more useful than Strange's second characters. And it gets you on the path to Magneto and Jean Grey.

You have to spend a ton of crystals to unlock Magneto (6600?). So he doesn't necessarily cost money. You can just save for a long time. Or you can spend cash and buy crystals.

Spidey 2099 should help you with WBR a bit but Ultron, Modok, Black Panther, and Superior Spider-Man aren't gonna be big helps. The X-Men are really probably your fastest options to getting to T2 and being helpful.

Don't bother mastering characters unless you're using them. I made that mistake. If you're just mastering everyone as far as you can you're losing those resources. I tend to just wait until I get someone to Level 60 unless their leadership is especially useful.

I'd been focusing on the X-Men since they happened, but I didn't want to have to deplete the Chaos Norns in the process. I need 1200 of those things. But I suppose I'll have to bite the bullet enough to crank out the Antimatter.

I just tried Spidey 2099 on a World Boss and did better than I ever had and notched a win. Sadly, that means I can't use him on the rest of them until tomorrow or something. I've been mastering the characters I like, MODOK was my first. Sad to hear they're not as good. I was working on making Ultron's costume Mythic in hopes that would put him over the edge. I just love that he summons a horde of minions.

Also, I just tried Miggy on Shadowland, which I've never really dabbled with. I spent the whole time beating on Winter Soldier and Hawkeye and doing absolutely no damage and I don't know why. I suppose I'll try him on the Story Missions as well and see if I can actually pass one of the Asgardian ones at the 3-star level. I've only been able to inch forward with 2-star finishes.

Steve Vader
Apr 29, 2005

Everyone's Playing!

Holy crap, Spidey 2099 is tearing through these first Asgard missions. Nice!

How are Ulik and the Warriors Three and what-not?

Steve Vader
Apr 29, 2005

Everyone's Playing!

All right then.

What is the "Netflix" costume for Iron Man? Or did you mean Iron Fist? I don't like the Netflix look and the little blond fro.

Steve Vader
Apr 29, 2005

Everyone's Playing!

How much do you spend on increasing your inventory? I keep running up against that... although I suppose if I was more on top of enhancing and merging all my ISO, it wouldn't be as much of an issue..

Steve Vader
Apr 29, 2005

Everyone's Playing!

So I guess I have to pay more attention to the types of ISO I put on people. Matched sets of the same name work better, or just provide more of a focus in one area of strength?

Steve Vader
Apr 29, 2005

Everyone's Playing!

So I've already screwed up this 'rolling for ISO sets' thing. I started on MODOK and hit the thing that said "Roll 14 Times" which accomplished nothing and blew all of my gold, so I don't understand what the heck that's even there for.

So it's just a random slot-machine pull, blowing gold until you get something you want?

Steve Vader
Apr 29, 2005

Everyone's Playing!

bagrada posted:

Yeah it can get pretty expensive so its not worth doing on everyone. It said Roll 14 instead of Roll 20 because that's all the money you had. I had to do Roll 20 about 9 times on Falcon to get a good 8 slot attack set which cost a lot.

Are you at least VIP1? It should say in the top left corner, I think you can get it with one purchase of the stark stash or the 20 bios daily sub which are relatively cheap. Reason I ask is if you are at least VIP 1 then a main goal to help with your gold income is to do Co-Op Play as much as you can. You can get up to 5 rewards from it a day (once you have 15-30 people to throw at it), and the second slot which opens up at VIP1 is always gold. The rewards scale up based on how many different characters you have at 4* or better and level 40+. This and the gold + xp chips daily quest are my main source of gold income. It does cost clear tickets to open the reward chests though, and to use the checkbox which automates the process to make it less trouble.

This game is very much a long term game and has a lot of stuff to do that isn't immediately obvious so don't worry about too much. It's best to focus on goals like a character you want to obtain or rank up, or an epic quest to work on, or a world boss or shadowlands level that you want to beat. I tried typing up everything I do each day in the game in an email to a friend and it was pretty ridiculous, and I don't nearly do everything I could be doing to be most efficient. So don't let things overwhelm you.

I guess I don't know why "Roll a bunch of times that you never see results for so you might accidentally blow right past what you want" is an option. What's the advantage of that?

I'm VIP2. I do like the Co-Op Play.

I'm not fretting o'ermuch, but this is all helpful to learn things I didn't even know I wasn't doing, and I suppose it didn't occur to me that some characters would be meta. You'd think they'd balance power levels out a bit, but I guess not. So I've got Cyclops up to 6-star mastery, although I hate that 90s look so I'm hoping he'll get a decent costume eventually.

Here are the others I've got closest to T2:

Black Bolt
Absorbing Man
Titania
Miss America
Ancient One
Anti-Man
Captain America
Quake
Songbird

And here are the characters I'd be most interested in working on:

Skurge
Sandman
Rhino
Hulk
Cap Marvel
Groot (Baby Costume)
Red Hulk
Yondu
Vulture
Satana
Hulkbuster
Kate Bishop
Misty Knight
Moon Knight (and I'd like to get his white costume)
She-Hulk
Agent Venom (although I'd much rather have his Snake-Eyes look instead of this blockhead thing)

Any opinions on how crappy or good some of these characters are?

Steve Vader fucked around with this message at 23:06 on Jan 27, 2018

Steve Vader
Apr 29, 2005

Everyone's Playing!

NmareBfly posted:

You're telling it to roll 20 times looking for an 8 ISO set. Whenever it hits one it'll stop, even if it's the first roll. But yeah to roll AN attack set expect to spend something like 5 million pulling the slot machine. To get the IDEAL one (ie, overdrive or angry hulk) you can drop 20 mil if you're unlucky. It's kind of the worst money sink in the game.

Thanks for the tips on characters. And I guess I got a little lucky with Cyclops, as I got that Hawk's Eye set after a handful of spins. Does Overdrive or Angry Hulk just work on anybody?

Steve Vader
Apr 29, 2005

Everyone's Playing!

Okay. Just won 100 Biometrics and pondering who to spend on.

What's the best Captain America costume? Or will it probably be the Nomad look from Infinity War?

Steve Vader
Apr 29, 2005

Everyone's Playing!

twistedmentat posted:

I've heard that its the Marvel Now one, so Hydra Cap. I have the Civil War one.

I've got the AoU one on him now. I'm not getting Nazi Cap. I have some principles. I'm unable to bring myself to level up Red Skull or Sin, thanks to the current political (polshitical?) climate.

Steve Vader
Apr 29, 2005

Everyone's Playing!

I just remembered I used a 6-star jump thing on Anti-Man, so I don't have to farm his bios. I just need to master him and level him.

I know nothing about that guy, but he looks weird enough to be fun.

Steve Vader
Apr 29, 2005

Everyone's Playing!

Dravs posted:

I got super fed up with just facing timeline battles of Wolverine + 2 others so I tried to whale myself through the x-men epic quest. Finally stuck on the bit where it wants something like 3 rank 6 BAM. Going to cost around 16.5 million apparently :smithicide:

I'm stuck there, too.

On Strange, I'm stuck needing 1200 Norn Stones of Chaos, which are equally hard to come by. I've been stuck there for months, I think. But I'm finally nudging up to be able to plink at World Bosses, so maybe I can finally make progress.

Steve Vader
Apr 29, 2005

Everyone's Playing!

Fried Sushi posted:

Have you tried the World Boss Beginner stages instead? They are significantly easier and still give T2 mats just not as many.

I hadn't in a while, but I just tried it and fought Corvus Glaive about 40 times in the same fight (how many times does he heal up to full?) and lost. But I didn't have my T2 2099 available, though since I'd already beaten Supergiant once. Maybe I'd outlast him if I did.

Steve Vader
Apr 29, 2005

Everyone's Playing!

I have not been more excited for a Marvel movie than I am for Black Panther, as I'm a longtime Priest champion and I'm stoked it's finally getting its due.

Black Panther was my first T2 (I think... it's possible I did MODOK first instead, but he's 1 or 2). I really want a costume that will make him a force to be reckoned with. I was going to use my Mythic Costume token on Ultron (although I don't know how much having a Mythic costume will boost his effectiveness), but I might save it for whatever comes out for Panther.

Steve Vader
Apr 29, 2005

Everyone's Playing!

Fried Sushi posted:

Please don't do this, it hurts me to think of you doing this.

A good use for the token, depending on what happens with Black Panther update, is to use it on Loki or Thor with their Ragnarok uniforms. Then you do their cinematic battle stage and get a pretty good Mythical Card.

Jeez, Ultron is considered that bad, huh? I guess it's good that I played the crappy guys first, or else they'd never get played.

I've managed to get by all the cinematics except I can't beat Hela at the end.

Steve Vader
Apr 29, 2005

Everyone's Playing!

Wow. I have a 6-star Anti-Man, only at 4-star mastery, with low-level gear and skills, and he just beat the Ebony Maw World Boss on his own. I think he's my next priority to T2.

So is AoA Wolverine legit banned from the PVP? It was kinda ridiculous being unable to damage him.

Steve Vader
Apr 29, 2005

Everyone's Playing!

Kegslayer posted:

You're not going to be able to T2 Anti Man for a really, really long time unless you want to fork out a whole bunch of real money.

He's pretty good at 6/6/15 though

Why's that? I've got a few T2 Advancement tickets still sitting in my inventory. Or is leveling up his gear uniquely expensive?

Steve Vader
Apr 29, 2005

Everyone's Playing!

Sigh. I suppose I'll have to start paying attention to my cards.

This is when games like this tend to lose me, when I have to constantly fiddle with resource nodules and what-not, and building materials are considered a prize.

I'm currently running:

6* 1872 at 4
5* Punisher MAX at 4
5* Punisher at 4
5* Groot at 6
5* Captain Marvel at 4.

I've also got a 5* Black Widow at 5, and a 5* Armor Wars at 4. This is all from just using the Upgrade All function whenever I max out my inventory with cards after doing Dimension Rifts.

Steve Vader
Apr 29, 2005

Everyone's Playing!

thechalkoutline posted:

Unfortunately, the cards I'm talking about don't drop there

I can give you more in-depth advice if you want, but the first thing you want to do is roll a set of 6* cards that are quality potential (Premiums, otherwise Loki, Groot, Avengers, Star Lord), and strictly looking for SCD rolls and nothing else. This should be easy because you only need ONE random slot to hit.

You do this first because this will stabilize your SCD for your career, so you don't have to ever re-roll 4th gear slot. (It will be ~30%, give or take)

I'll need to know what SCD means. And where do you "roll" for cards?

Steve Vader
Apr 29, 2005

Everyone's Playing!

Thanks for the info. Can you get specific premium cards or do you just shell out cash for a crapshoot lootbox-style or what?

Also, does increased SCD make it so I can start a Timeline battle without all my abilities being on cooldown for some reason?

Steve Vader fucked around with this message at 23:55 on Feb 6, 2018

Steve Vader
Apr 29, 2005

Everyone's Playing!

So this seems ridiculous. I can’t get Shuri or Killmonger or Klaw without shelling out crystals for a random draw that could just as well get me Lincoln Campbell or something?

Steve Vader
Apr 29, 2005

Everyone's Playing!

NmareBfly posted:

Yeah, Killmonger is the only one you can't get normally, though 'normally' is a sliding scale in this game. Tons of people can only be obtained through specific methods so there's normal-farmable (story / special mission people), limited farmable (like Clea who you can only get through dark dimension at like 3 bios a day), unfarmable (where you can only get bios from selectors or the random box) and paywall. Killmonger is paywall, like Carnage and Quasar and Agent Vernon. Unfarmable is sort of a misleading description though...

Shuri and Klaw are unfarmable but that means they're actually pretty easy to get if you have decent Shadowlands progress. Which isn't great for new players, I know. But you get generic 60-75-90 bio selectors for clearing SL stage 5-10-15, so you can 6* an unfarmable reasonably fast. Also you can use rank up tickets (though I wouldn't use a mega-6 on a normal unfarmable.) You can also use the daily typed selectors on them and any other generic selectors from log-in rewards or the alliance store if yours is high enough level.

All right. I can't get past SL level 5 yet. At least not this time around. My best villains remaining are Creel, Titania and Sandman in the Level 40s, and they are my best option... thus, not an option. My alliance store has been Level 8 forever. Is there a better Goon alliance I could join?

So rather than continuing gathering for Luna Snow, I grabbed Killmonger so I have him at 1 star. Maybe I can get at least a tiny prize from the cinematic then, although it's basically a giant spoiler for the movie and I didn't want that. I've got 1600 crystals, though. I could get the Killmonger costume, I guess. Or do I save up for the Purple Panther?

So, any recommendations on how to beat Black Dwarf in World Boss? I've notched 5 wins against the rest of the Black Order, but can't deal with him. And Thanos seems impossible.

Steve Vader
Apr 29, 2005

Everyone's Playing!

All right. I just applied for Doctor Goons.

I guess I don't have a lot of energy attack guys leveled up yet.

My T2 guys are Spidey 2099, Mysterio, Black Panther, MODOK, Superior Spider-Man and Ultron. I've got 6* Mastery at 60 with Anti-Man, Chavez, Rogue, Beast, Storm, Cyclops, Bloodstone, Captain America, although I still have some gear leveling to do on several of them.

Just tried Black Dwarf with Anti-Man, MODOK and Ultron to no avail. Maybe Cyclops can help.

EDIT: All right, just managed it with Spidey 2099 and Anti-Man. I guess next stop is figuring out how to beat Thanos.

Steve Vader fucked around with this message at 22:45 on Feb 7, 2018

Steve Vader
Apr 29, 2005

Everyone's Playing!

Do I want to know what it was?

Steve Vader
Apr 29, 2005

Everyone's Playing!

Word.

Meanwhile, I spend five minutes beating up AoA Wolverine in Timeline Battle and his health meter never budges.

Steve Vader
Apr 29, 2005

Everyone's Playing!

Yay! Finally passed the research on the X quest! Oh, great. Two beats later, another research for MKraan Crystals. Yay.

Steve Vader
Apr 29, 2005

Everyone's Playing!

bagrada posted:

Two beats after that you'll need 1000 phoenix feathers but otherwise you are on the home stretch. Hang in there. Just don't do what I did and feed your x-men bios to Thanos or Quicksilver before you T2 them, because Jean Grey is ridiculously good and worth all the effort. I T2'd Magneto and Rogue something like 3 months before I did Storm and Cyclops because I didn't think ahead. when I had the bios I didn't have the mkraan crystals so I fed the bios to QS, then once I had the mkraan crystals I was oops they are still 4x15 gear and oops again I need 150 more to actually advance to T2 unless I burn a monthly ticket (which I ended up doing for Storm).

Oy. I only have 245 of those feathers. That'll take a lovely amount of time. Maybe long enough for me to save up the crystals to get Magneto. At least I have 867 M'Kraan somehow. And hey, I'm one round of World Bosses away from finishing the Dr. Strange research with all the Norn Stones. What's next for me there?

Steve Vader
Apr 29, 2005

Everyone's Playing!

STAC Goat posted:

Feathers farm really quickly. You get roughly 20 apiece for each thing you have open so you can rack them up well with just the daily stuff. It might take time but it takes way less than most of the other resources besides M'kraan shards. M'kraan shards come easy from all the Tracking Missions but M'kraan Crystals are the hardest thing to farm and you'll probably end up at a point where it will be quicker to convert feathers into crystals in the lab.

Each thing I have open? What thing?

I guess I was under the assumption that you could turn M'Kraan Shards into M'Kraan Crystals but apparently not, which is dumb.

The lab, so far, I've only been using the store occasionally, and mostly for Level 5 XP chips. The processor of turning a bunch of valuable stuff into barely any of a different valuable thing seems wasteful and annoying, and the Deploy thing feels like a waste of anti-matter that could be used to level up the store.

Steve Vader
Apr 29, 2005

Everyone's Playing!

So I have Proxima Midnight. Is she worth the effort to level up? Because she demands crazy resources. I'm tempted to blow forty bucks on the drat mega-6 stuff being offered, along with the crystals that would mean I could unlock Magneto a lot more quickly.

Steve Vader
Apr 29, 2005

Everyone's Playing!

bagrada posted:

Proxima isn't as good as she used to be, she's squishy. I use her and Loki separately to take down the universal villain destroyer stages in shadowlands, and don't tend to use her elsewhere.

Quicksilver will be hard at first but once you are past the black antimatter requirements for wolverines and Dr strange I'd focus on him. He's pretty great and costs the same as proxima to max out. The other good native t2s like Thanos and Jean cost quite a bit more but are worth it when you get them.

I can't remember from your previous posts, do you have Sharon Rogers? If not she'd be a good choice for a mega t2 or even just getting a bunch of bios to t2 her the hard way as she is great at all content she can do.

I have Sharon Rogers at 6 stars, but only 2 mastery and at Level 50.

I'm at the Kaelicius To 4* task on Strange, and the 1000 M'Kraan Crystals on X-Men, hitting at that 2-a-day Magneto fight. I've just T2-ticketed Rogue, and I have 3 of those left. Debating on saving them for the other three X-Men on the way to Jean Grey.

Spidey 2099 and Ant-Man are able to beat Thanos in World Boss, but I'm about 3 days away from unlocking the Quicksilver task.

I've gotten as far as Shadowland Level 9. I have 7 T2ers filled out, with Strange, Wolverine and Proxima 2* as my other T2ers. I'm struggling to keep enough gold and dimension rifts to level everyone's gear up - I have 9 other characters at Level 60 with full mastery waiting to bump up, plus Songbird at 57 and Quake at 56 at 5* mastery. Just got Rhino to 6*, no mastery. Luna Snow at 5* mastery, but I've been diverting my paywall 20 bios to Killmonger because I can't believe there is a playable Killmonger in a video game and I'm a Black Panther nerd. Haven't gone so far as to get the costumes yet, though.

I do have Agent Venom, Clea, and Valkyrie at 1-star, which feels like where I'd want to go with a mega ticket to maximize it. But maybe Quicksilver would be better for it.

Steve Vader
Apr 29, 2005

Everyone's Playing!

Who are the "Dimension Rifters?" Are there bios you can only get through rifts?

Steve Vader
Apr 29, 2005

Everyone's Playing!

So I beat up Thanos a few times today and went YAY UNLOCK QUICKSILVER oh, no, I unlock the World Boss version of him, so I've got to slow-drip any bios to actually unlock him because of course I have to do that.

And seriously, what is the deal with Unkillable Wolverines? What are you supposed to do with a guy whose health bar never goes down?

Steve Vader
Apr 29, 2005

Everyone's Playing!

So I've gathered up enough gold to level up my Item Shop in the Lab to Level 15, but that's a lot of gold I could be using on gear. Is Level 15 worth it?

Steve Vader
Apr 29, 2005

Everyone's Playing!

STAC Goat posted:

Eh. If you buy stuff in there it might be since it speeds up the time it takes to reload and opens up more slots. But if you don't really buy from the shop then its pointless. Its probably something that can wait until you're more flush with gold. The Anti Matter Generator is the only Lab thing you should make a priority to upgrade.

All I've bought in there is Level 5 EXP chips. Didn't know if Level 15 unlocked anything better for purchase or not.

Steve Vader
Apr 29, 2005

Everyone's Playing!

I want a playable M’Baku now.

Steve Vader
Apr 29, 2005

Everyone's Playing!

What’s better to get in the event store - a T2 ticket or the Mythic costume upgrade?

Steve Vader
Apr 29, 2005

Everyone's Playing!

I went with the Mythic Costume ticket, as I got a login reward of a T2 ticket, and I see the costume ones much less regularly.

Of course, I don't have any Legendary costumes yet. I've got Superior Spider-Man at Heroic and almost maxed there, and I've got the AoU Ultron uniform at Heroic.

I really want to believe making Superior Spider-Man Mythic will help him be really good. I fear that will not be the case.

Steve Vader
Apr 29, 2005

Everyone's Playing!

Yay, just completed the entire X-Men quest and I have Wolverine up to 60. Now I just need to Gear-20 Storm and Cyclops and finish saving up for unlocking Magneto - I'm a little less than halfway there.

So I've got Quicksilver unlocked, and apparently I can't unlock Cable until I beat his rear end 70 goddamned times. However, I get no bios for beating him. I've beaten Thanos and the Black Order 5 times each (aside from Proxima), so I'm wondering if I should focus on unlocking all those guys by beating them 5-15 more times to get enough bios to unlock them, or just keep grinding Quicksilver as much as possible (I don't have enough good T2ers to beat him 5 times a day yet.) And I guess churning out ISO combinations.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Steve Vader
Apr 29, 2005

Everyone's Playing!

punchymcpunch posted:

you just need to have had it once, but you can go to the collection screen and check its unlocked if youre nervous

here's a cards guide:

https://www.reddit.com/r/future_fight/wiki/inventory/cards

basically you want enough cooldown reduction to cap all your dudes out. i like to aim for enough that a level 1 costume cooldown roll will cap them out. after that youre lookin for good stats and after that youre lookin for good stats with a high card quality roll and after that youre lookin for perfect rolls which you will never ever find even if you play for 10 years. start grinding.

I notice "Ignore Defense" is not on their list of stats at all, and I thought that was one of the most important ones to try for.