Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

FlapYoJacks
Feb 12, 2009

henpod posted:

So it's an Xbone pro? Should have saved themselves for the actual next-gen. Will be interesting to see how this thing sells.

Nah, Xbone pro would be the same ram and a slight clock speed bump. This is a new console that's backward compatible with the old console.

With Windows as a Service finally being fairly solid, it's become fairly easy to write an application/game once and have it run on just about any platform. So the idea would be:

code:
if (xbonx) {
  start_game_xbonx();
} else {
  start_game_xbone();
}
and call it good (way oversimplified here).

I just hope they aren't keeping the stupid loving provision that all new games must keep the 32Mb of ESRAM in mind when programming, but I bet they will.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

FlapYoJacks
Feb 12, 2009
Re: PC Gaming chat.

I work on a PC all day. I don't want to come home and game on a PC. Bleh.

FlapYoJacks
Feb 12, 2009

Fame Douglas posted:

So what you're doing instead is sitting in front of a TV screen? Doesn't sound materially different to me. Never understood your sentiment.

In front of a TV, I can play with the family and chill on my couch. In front of my PC I am in my room.

FlapYoJacks
Feb 12, 2009
Xbonx: How you gonna launch a console after mario odyssey comes out?

FlapYoJacks
Feb 12, 2009
Hello Xbox thread. Went to GameStop to buy a xbonx and ended up buying 6 snes minis as well. All 5 I wanted to sell sold within two hours for 160 a piece. That and selling my one s made for a almost free xbonx. :smug:

FlapYoJacks
Feb 12, 2009

Real hurthling! posted:

5x160+trade in credit < 500 us dollars?

:thunk:

350 in profit from the minis and 150 for my s

FlapYoJacks
Feb 12, 2009

BattleTech posted:

The extra 400 was a tip to the gamestop employee.

Or the cost of the minis you silly Billy

FlapYoJacks
Feb 12, 2009

ethanol posted:

How’d you know the mini was in stock

I didn't. I saw them on the counter as I walked in

FlapYoJacks
Feb 12, 2009
Trip report with the XbonX: It's very very good. Forza7 looks amazing, ESO looks amazing, rear end Creed origins looks amazing.

Youtube app is still horrible.

FlapYoJacks
Feb 12, 2009
Give The Division a battle royal mode and now we are talking.

FlapYoJacks
Feb 12, 2009
Trip report: AC:O still owns. I have a chocobo camel and the Ultima Sword.

FlapYoJacks
Feb 12, 2009
FC5 is insanely good on the Xbox one X, the most powerful console in the world.

FlapYoJacks
Feb 12, 2009

Intel&Sebastian posted:

Like the xbox one

The Xbox one was bad. The Xbox one X, the most powerful console in the world is good.

FlapYoJacks
Feb 12, 2009

Sakurazuka posted:

Not really

Halo1 at a lan party with 4 CRT displays, a bunch of beer, and THE DUKE was a drat good time.

FlapYoJacks
Feb 12, 2009
The only game announcement that matters this e3 is the Division2

FlapYoJacks
Feb 12, 2009

Beastie posted:

I'll pass on Division 2, I personally would like to see what they can do with Ghost Recon Wildlands 2.

The MMO-ness of Division 1 sort of turned me off. I haven't been back to it since I gave it up three months after launch, maybe it's changed.

Dying Light 2 is going to rule.

Halo, who really cares right now? Same for Gears 5.

Never been a DMC fan. I think that one samurai game looks rad but I suck at Souls games.

Rage 2 is going to own so drat hard.

The division at launch is not the division now. It’s almost a completely different game at this point.

FlapYoJacks
Feb 12, 2009

Empress Brosephine posted:

What if I’m a racist rapist

Rape, murder, arson, and rape.

FlapYoJacks
Feb 12, 2009

Sakurazuka posted:

7, 9, both 10s, 13 trilogy (maybe not -2), 15

Lots of people like 12 for some reason

Both 10s? Get the gently caress out of here with that poo poo.

In order:
9, 8, 10, 15

The others are a waste.

Edit: 7 is a terrible FF.

FlapYoJacks
Feb 12, 2009
The series X is quite good. I'm glad I bought this silly thing. I hope they add ray tracing to Minecraft.

FlapYoJacks
Feb 12, 2009
The menus in Destiny 2 load in less than 2 seconds now. Worth every penny. :allears:

FlapYoJacks
Feb 12, 2009

Nuts and Gum posted:

Speaking of, for some reason I thought D2 and RDR2 would be 60fps now, but both appear to be stuck at 30fps :sweatdrop:

Patch out in a couple of weeks for D2

FlapYoJacks
Feb 12, 2009

MarcusSA posted:

So on the PS5 I can put the console in to rest mode from a menu.

Is there no way to do it on the X? I just see turn of the controller off or turn the console off?

Turn off puts it in rest mode. Well, so long as it’s set in the settings menu to do so.

FlapYoJacks
Feb 12, 2009

I said come in! posted:

The PS5 UI has grown on me, but it still needs some work. Themes are not supported and I miss my corn roasting theme. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0v2HIbvMEz4

I had corn roast on ps3 and ps4. I will not be purchasing a PS5 until corn roast is available for purchase. :colbert:

FlapYoJacks
Feb 12, 2009
MS needs to bring back the duke. :colbert:

FlapYoJacks
Feb 12, 2009

:swoon:

FlapYoJacks
Feb 12, 2009
Imagine if CDPR had used the unreal engine instead of rolling their own. They would have been done years ago and the game would have ran better.

FlapYoJacks
Feb 12, 2009
Tired: Let’s use a proven game engine that is well optimized and works on every platform known to man.

Wired: Let’s write our own game engine and spend years extra in development along with fixing countless bugs in an effort to not have to pay the licensing fees for a canned game-engine.

FlapYoJacks
Feb 12, 2009
How the gently caress do tires not pop when you shoot them in CP77???

FlapYoJacks
Feb 12, 2009

American McGay posted:

Buddy a PS3/360 game is the best selling game every year for the last 10 years.

Yeah, but unlike Cyberpunk, GTA is actually good.

FlapYoJacks
Feb 12, 2009
Aparantly if your Cyberpunk save file gets larger than 8MB, it gets corrupted. :laffo:

FlapYoJacks
Feb 12, 2009

I said come in! posted:

Is there any possibility of Series X eventually having support for Windows Mixed Reality headsets?

There’s always a possibility, but that possibility is tiny

FlapYoJacks
Feb 12, 2009

LIVE AMMO COSPLAY posted:

Watch Dogs Legion is a game where you have to play as npcs but they all look and sound awful.

HELLS YESSSS

FlapYoJacks
Feb 12, 2009

Stux posted:

been saying this

My XSX has been rock solid without any issues. :shrug:

FlapYoJacks
Feb 12, 2009

Seltzer posted:

Is it basically a diablo clone with flashgame web art?

No, it’s a rogue like where you keep powers and armor between deaths. It’s meant to be played repeatedly.

FlapYoJacks
Feb 12, 2009
Lmao Microsoft trolling E3 by having “one more thing” from Bethesda and it’s not TES6.

FlapYoJacks
Feb 12, 2009

Red Warrior posted:

I need to go and watch the 4k version of that Forza Horizon 5 footage that looked stupidly good.

It’s a day one ultra-pro gold digital ultra-deluxe limited edition version buy for me.

FlapYoJacks
Feb 12, 2009

THE AWESOME GHOST posted:

Wait what MS Flight sim is Series X only? Completely missed that

There’s no way in hell a one x could play FS11.

FlapYoJacks
Feb 12, 2009
FH5 only runs at 30FPS? Wtf

FlapYoJacks
Feb 12, 2009

Yesssssssss. Thanks for posting this. $100 is gone from my bank account now.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

FlapYoJacks
Feb 12, 2009
I use my Xbox one X (the most powerful console on earth) to play destiny 2 on my LG Oled TV (with infinite contrast.) It’s awful in dark places because Bungies HDR implementation completely blacks out dark areas. Most games are amazing looking though including destiny in non dark areas.