Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Neco
Mar 13, 2005

listen

Feels Villeneuve posted:

Phony Failstation.

I was promised an Owny Pwnstation, this changes everything!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Neco
Mar 13, 2005

listen

Nuts and Gum posted:

Okay this is like the third time I’m downloading a 30gb update for Atomic Heart. I really enjoy the moment to moment combat, and the looting is like vampire survivor level crack, but the open world is so bad. A lot of it is the difficulty and the absolute worst map in game I’ve ever used.

Maybe after 100gb of updates they’ll make the font bigger tho!

Well I guess streaming via ultimate has its upsides! I was confused for a short while when the vending machines stopped being annoying. But I guess they got into trouble there?

Anyway I got way into the game. Even including the overworld. The difficulty was annoying at the beginning but helped convey a sense of dread. The rest was ‚git gud‘. But the map is pretty bad alright.

Neco
Mar 13, 2005

listen
I bounced right off of Origins. Moved on to High on Life, it’s kinda fun I gotta admit.

Neco
Mar 13, 2005

listen

Nuts and Gum posted:

I’m honestly not sure. I had the same experience. There didn’t seem to be a visual distinction between the horny one vs stock ones. Maybe they got late feedback and cut things back on the first patch.

They did. I was confused for a while and thought there were two types of fridges because they also changed the buy menu around a bit. Never noticed updates because I don‘t have an Xbox and exclusively stream games. :hai:

Neco
Mar 13, 2005

listen
Streaming a game like loop hero is the height of decadence :getin:

Neco
Mar 13, 2005

listen

Nuts and Gum posted:

The wiiu concept kicked rear end, if only they hadn’t used 10 year old parts for the tablet.

If only it hadn‘d had the worst name possible for the successor to the Wii.

Anyway I‘ve been playing Mechwarrior 5 recently and been having a blast. It‘s nothing special but it ticks the right boxes for me. Never would have tried this out without game pass :3:

Neco
Mar 13, 2005

listen
I really wanted to like Fenyx Rising but it‘s just so soulless. Like they completely misunderstood the game they were copying from wholesale. gently caress ubisoft.

Neco
Mar 13, 2005

listen
drat my daughter loves bugsnax and I really like it for the indytastic jankiness but obvious passion that went into it. Also: baby‘s first body horror

Neco
Mar 13, 2005

listen
I bet Starfield hates Moondays

Neco
Mar 13, 2005

listen
Finished signalis and loved it for the most part, mostly for the fantastic atmosphere. Ending kinda disappointing.

I tried Ravenlok and it‘s meh. Good art but not very polished; good music. But I‘m a the second boss and it‘s mostly fetch quests and not much focus. Gonna give Fable another chance instead.

Neco
Mar 13, 2005

listen
When my Switch controller started drifting I just sprayed some contact spray in there and it was fixed instantly. Doesn‘t this work on the xbox controller?

Neco
Mar 13, 2005

listen

I said come in! posted:

Been playing games on Xbox Game Cloud, I wanted to see what all of the fuss about that has got the U.K. upset about gaming fairness. It's not a bad experience at all, the caveat is that i'm on fiber optic in Seattle, and using ethernet. So of course it is a smooth experience. You can absolutely tell it's streaming, but it still looks really good and is fully playable assuming you have the setup to make it work. I imagine that anything less is unplayable.

As I keep saying, I don‘t even have an xbox and have been playing hundreds of hours on cloud already (using wifi no less) and it‘s usually perfectly fine! It‘s not like a few fractions of a second of delay make a difference while playing with a loving gamepad.

Neco
Mar 13, 2005

listen
Yeah but that‘s not really surprising right? On the orher hand, if you get disconnected (or you accidentally turn off your tv like my dumb rear end did) you have a few minutes to return to your session.

Edit: your tv with integrated xbox cloud client

Neco
Mar 13, 2005

listen
This is surprisingly hard to find out online so I ask here: Can I buy a game for xbox and just play it on Xbox cloud? I don‘t have an xbox.

Neco
Mar 13, 2005

listen
I‘ll keep my money then. Thanks! There‘s more than enough games on the subscription anyway. :-)

Neco
Mar 13, 2005

listen

FootballFreak2 posted:

I got an Xbox what are the good games

Return xbox immediately and purchase 17 years of gamepass on xcloud or whatever for the same price, lotsa games on there

Neco
Mar 13, 2005

listen

Sywert of Thieves posted:

Loop Hero sounds fun and is on Xbox

And, again, this is the kind of game which I feel bad about when I play it on xcloud :xd: Currently I play Chained Echoes which is not much better I guess

Neco
Mar 13, 2005

listen
Okay kids, gather ‘round and listen to me reminisce about Fallout.

I bought the first one blind and drat that was good luck! However I suck at games and this was too hard for me. The time limit especially was annoying.

Then FO2 came around and it was much better. I remember emailing with a russian modder to fix the trunk of the car so I could actually use it. Good times.

FO3 was great, I felt the transition to 3d was well made.

I went into NV with great expectations because of the raving reviews. But it sucked so much. Caesars stupid army always took me out of it, what a terrible storyline.

Oh and I want fries with that.

Neco
Mar 13, 2005

listen

Toaster Beef posted:

I really want to like Bookwalker, but gently caress it's such a clunky and unfun mess to control in nearly every respect

Same, I think it‘s optimised for mouse input in the isometric levels. I went all the way down just before a ledge and stopped giving inputs. The character went all around to the lower level on his own which tells me that controller input just mimicks mouse clicks :classiclol: Oh also that cursor stuck in the middle of the screen is annoying.

Neco
Mar 13, 2005

listen
I wanna play Bookwalker but I‘m stuck due to a bug and the game studio is incompetent and ms are being dicks about the update review process and the day 1 update still is not through. Love console gaming you guys it‘s great!

It‘s definitely my fault to play current games tho

Neco
Mar 13, 2005

listen

I said come in! posted:

You have to play Stray if you havent, otherwise you will goto jail.

I don‘t know how to play non-gamepass games anymore, so hurry up ms!

Neco
Mar 13, 2005

listen

hatty posted:

They must be stopped

Why? Who even cares anymore

Neco
Mar 13, 2005

listen

jasoneatspizza posted:

Not on Game Pass, but another metroidvania I've been enjoying is Grime. Really unique world.

Well Fist (yet another metroidvania) appeared on Gamepass last week and I‘m enjoying it!

Neco
Mar 13, 2005

listen

JSmithOTI posted:

F.I.S.T. Is a poorly named, but overall fun/good metroidvania that I just saw pop up in new GP releases. Recommend turning off the bad English voice actors tho.

Forged In Shadow Torch. Completely normal name!

But yeah I really like this game! Good mix of gameplay gimmicks, boss fights that really ramp up in difficulty but never too hard, even when streaming the game. I‘m at the last boss and the fight feels sufficiently epic. Gonna have to go back and pick up more upgrades though :shobon:

Neco
Mar 13, 2005

listen
Yeah I guess that‘s some extremely heavyhanded worldbuilding. It‘s a neat game if you like a challenge every now and then. But for the final boss I needed to switch to easy :kiddo:

Neco
Mar 13, 2005

listen
What? I bounced off Chained Echoes because it was so freking hard! :-(

Neco
Mar 13, 2005

listen

Sock The Great posted:

My wife and kids are going on vacation without me next week, which means my son will be taking my Switch. So I will have an abundance of time and no video games to fill it for the first time in 10 years.

Thinking about re-subbing to Game Pass Ultimate to stream to my laptop/iPad etc. When I first tried it last summer the performance was terrible; overall laggy, would constantly load audio only, eventually stopped working altogether.

Has this gotten any better in the last 12 months? FWIW my connection is 330 down, 30 up.

Just do it. I‘ve been streaming games like FIST and disc room for the past 6 months or so and it‘s totally fine at least here in central Europe.

Neco
Mar 13, 2005

listen

ZeeBoi posted:

Quake 2’s weapons still sound and feel like poo poo

Nice wrongtake buddy. Q2 was the birth of the loving Railgun! Well technically it was Shadow Warrior but nobody played the multiplayer.

Neco
Mar 13, 2005

listen
Xbox: I‘m a fan of the fields that just have Star written all over it

Neco
Mar 13, 2005

listen
The way I see it, owning an xbox should not enable you to play starfield, but owning a ps5 should disqualify you from playing it :mmmhmm: (I own neither, cloud gaming rules!)

Neco
Mar 13, 2005

listen
They did the same thing in Atomic Heart with the horny vending machines

Neco
Mar 13, 2005

listen

So WHY didn‘t they call it Master Chief Card?

Neco
Mar 13, 2005

listen
One major plot point in Starfield was presented so bad that it made me stop playing the game, for now, perhaps forever. The mini puzzle where you get the power was alright albeit annoying. And then you are dumped outside again with some text boxes telling me about a new power. What the heck is this amateur poo poo, how about showing not telling on hundreds of millions budget? At a very important point in the story? I just don‘t get it.

Neco
Mar 13, 2005

listen
Quitting Starfield has been a tremendous success so far.

I finished Bookwalker, super janky but really fun, great atmosphere. And Gris was completely new to me. Played through it in one single session. Ah, games not overstaying their welcome is refreshing.

Neco
Mar 13, 2005

listen
Best overall experience playing CP2077 was on Stadia because I got back my 60 bucks after it inevitably failed :mmmhmm:

Neco
Mar 13, 2005

listen
Goddamn it‘s about time this Starfield fad ended already, waiting 5 mins to jump into a cloud game sucks!

Neco
Mar 13, 2005

listen
Guys, guys. They‘re both open world games so they are both inherently superficial and lovely.

Neco
Mar 13, 2005

listen

Jables88 posted:

OK I think I'm quitting Starfield until there are mods that remove a lot of the bullshit (these loving copypaste temples Jesus Christ) - there's enough fun in the game that a few strategic QOL moves would make it worth a revisit.

Psyched for Cocoon + Ace Attorney + Forza in the meantime.

This is the way. Since quitting Starfield for the amateurish presentation in the first temple I have played through Gris, Quake (for the umpteenth time), Limbo and Solar Ash.

Well in Solar Ash I could only complete one of the two endings due to a recurring softlock :shepface:

Neco
Mar 13, 2005

listen
Yeah I wonder how many millions of their budget they used on the text boxes that explain what happened!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Neco
Mar 13, 2005

listen

Rocket Pan posted:

Quake 2 has been updated with numerous changes, one of which includes now being able to play LAN between Xbox and PC.

Yeaaah, getting owned by M+K users sounds great :thumbsup: