Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Perry Mason Jar
Feb 24, 2006

"Della? Take a lid"
What's the good budget gaming headset? If there's a not too expensive wireless then that, otherwise wired is fine

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Perry Mason Jar
Feb 24, 2006

"Della? Take a lid"

ErrEff posted:

Sounds like The Gunk or Powerwash Simulator. Well, except for the flame thrower.

I bounced off Powerwash Simulator because there's no dirt (I checked) on the patio, but it says there's dirt left on the patio! There isn't!

Perry Mason Jar
Feb 24, 2006

"Della? Take a lid"
Unboxing is the actual relaxing chill game

Perry Mason Jar
Feb 24, 2006

"Della? Take a lid"

Scuba Trooper posted:

so I got a bunch of amazon credit from work and converted some of it to xbox credit to buy a design lab controller (like a rube), but it turns out you cant do that.

anyway what are some games that arent on game pass that i should buy beyond elden ring, the obvious answer

Meant to respond DMC5 to this. Sekiro also worth your money. Witcher 3

Perry Mason Jar
Feb 24, 2006

"Della? Take a lid"
Monster Hunter Rise is very, very good!

Perry Mason Jar
Feb 24, 2006

"Della? Take a lid"

Escobarbarian posted:

Never played an MH before. Wanna check out Rise but worrying about getting too into it and losing hundreds of hours to monsterin

This happened to a friend of mine

Perry Mason Jar
Feb 24, 2006

"Della? Take a lid"

Escobarbarian posted:

Kind of, if it comes at the expense of other games I want to play.

Vampire Survivors :negative:

Perry Mason Jar
Feb 24, 2006

"Della? Take a lid"

ErrEff posted:

No Switch or Steam crossplay, only between people playing via Xbox.

Well that sucks! Any idea why? I guess this means I also can't grab my Switch save from cloud?

Perry Mason Jar
Feb 24, 2006

"Della? Take a lid"
Jumping? In first person shooter?!

Perry Mason Jar
Feb 24, 2006

"Della? Take a lid"
Every modern console and PC is bad due to no JSRF

Perry Mason Jar
Feb 24, 2006

"Della? Take a lid"
How do I get the free XBL (and GamePass?) codes?

Perry Mason Jar
Feb 24, 2006

"Della? Take a lid"
Is Grounded good or am I stuck in a skinner box?

Perry Mason Jar
Feb 24, 2006

"Della? Take a lid"
I've spent soooo much time getting bug-stomped and running back to my backpack.

I'm gonna put it down though cause I recycled clay foundation and that for some reason caused my chest to blow up and dump its 40 slot contents on the ground and I don't want to deal with this.

Perry Mason Jar
Feb 24, 2006

"Della? Take a lid"

nom epique posted:

Can anyone name a single game that even makes use of Xbox supposedly good graphics?

witcher 3 free next gen update op

Perry Mason Jar
Feb 24, 2006

"Della? Take a lid"
Just do a Google, it's perfectly easy. You have to pay Microsoft $20 to unlock the dev mode then you're basically all set. It's completely legal or at least in a grey area - that MS is asking you to pony up $20 means they can't void your warranty or ban you for it, and also means that it's not entirely likely that IP stuff blows up in anyone's face.

Perry Mason Jar
Feb 24, 2006

"Della? Take a lid"

Sywert of Thieves posted:

I know it's a household name in the US but I can't even tell from the boxart what sport "madden" is. Is that dude Mr Madden?

There's an arrow pointing from John Madden to the word Madden so, like, it's John Madden. He used to coach professional football but was best known for his commentating. He died December 2021 and the 23 version is the earliest they could've put him on the cover so there you go.

Perry Mason Jar
Feb 24, 2006

"Della? Take a lid"
Been working fine for me.

Perry Mason Jar
Feb 24, 2006

"Della? Take a lid"
It shouldn't have taken 3 chapters and over 5 hours but I'm finally able to do things in Yakuza Like a Dragon and it's fun now.

Substory spoilers: I just tried to assist in a birthing but it turned out to be a Yakuza family doing Adult Baby stuff. Me and a new father were dumbfounded, so we kicked their asses! But then the Yakuza adult babies and their wetnurse helped save his marriage. He sprinted to go have a heart to heart with his wife while me and the babies drank a celebratory milk out of baby bottles. Afterwards, they accosted me and forced to wear an adult-sized baby's diaper. I can now summon their adult-baby family Patriach to fight for me, using my phone's Poundtown feature.. It's one of the best games I've ever played.

Perry Mason Jar fucked around with this message at 04:13 on Feb 10, 2023

Perry Mason Jar
Feb 24, 2006

"Della? Take a lid"

Seltzer posted:

Oh yeah btw, the skate 3 dlc maps are available to claim for free in the perks with gold menu at the moment.

Good looking out. Grabbed this right away and also saw Soul Calibur 6 base+DLC for ~$14, grabbed that as well.

Perry Mason Jar
Feb 24, 2006

"Della? Take a lid"

JBP posted:

Jim Cramer said Activision is a buy and that the deal is all good, so it's hosed.

Rest in peace to the loving deal

Perry Mason Jar
Feb 24, 2006

"Della? Take a lid"
It's not real time. It's a JRPG and uses a JRPG battle system, unlike the others which use the Brawl system.

I'm approaching 40 hours in and I'm really enjoying it. The battle system and main story are fine, the draw is the couple dozen mini-games and colorful side quests. The different classes (Jobs) are fun to play around with too.

It starts off insanely slow and I'd just rush to chapter 3 or 4 without bothering much with exploring or side quests (maybe look up if they lock out? not sure. Don't think so) because that's where the game actually starts. Took me about five hours to get there but I went pretty slowly.

Perry Mason Jar
Feb 24, 2006

"Della? Take a lid"
My mistake. They should do better with the naming

Perry Mason Jar
Feb 24, 2006

"Della? Take a lid"
Which racing game has the best and most music? Been playing and enjoying NFS Heat but I'm sick of hearing the same like ten songs.

Perry Mason Jar
Feb 24, 2006

"Della? Take a lid"

Kevyn posted:

Diddy Kong Racing on both Switch and Xbox.

Why would you post this? Are you proud of yourself?

Perry Mason Jar
Feb 24, 2006

"Della? Take a lid"

Comfy Fleece Sweater posted:

I'm tapping out on Hi Fi Rush on level 4 because the levels are just not good imo. Maybe it gets better on level 5 but I'm just not enjoying it and when I'm away I don't feel the need to come back to play.

Main complaint is that my man Chai moves too slow through these long endless hallways. The platforming is just not good, puzzles are kind of annoying. Traveling through the level should be way more fun... The dash and the double jump don't "feel" good to me.
I'm no game designer but I don't remember Bayonetta feeling like this.

It's weird because everything else is A+. I just did not enjoy the level design. Combat is ok. I didn't really love the rhythm combat system, for me it adds an extra layer of anxiety and instead of putting me in the zone like DMC did, I'm like "Ahhhh gotta hit that beat, do I punch now or ???" but it's alright, I appreciate them trying something new.

The animation and style is incredibly good, looks amazing and it's worth checking out for that alone. Story is fine, funny dialogue sometimes. Voice actors are wonderful.

The game talks about having an amazing licensed soundtrack, but I constantly wondered where it was. I mean a couple NIN songs showed up, which was... nice? But traveling through the levels, it was always some rando original OST, which wasn't bad but I kept checking if I had enabled streamer mode... For a music based game, I expected a lot more. I think even Guardians of the Galaxy had a lot more licensed, famous songs.

Anyway, can't miss trying it for free on GamePass, maybe you'll enjoy it, I definitely did not go crazy for it but I appreciate the effort

Entirely agree, no notes.

Perry Mason Jar
Feb 24, 2006

"Della? Take a lid"
Speaking of sales I got Soul Calibur VI with some expansion a little while back for $14 (an 85% reduction!)!

What a dogshit game. What a piece of flaming crap. God I want those fourteen dollars back. That's the cost of one IPA at an overpriced bar which would've been money well spent over this sack of garbage.

Perry Mason Jar
Feb 24, 2006

"Della? Take a lid"
It's just in-sane that they don't track Arcade times by character. Want to know what character got you the fastest clear time? Lol dumbass, no, buy a different game.

There are many other problems but this bothered me a lot, probably more than it should. I'm not actually saying it's a TERRIBLE NO GOOD DON'T EVER PLAY THIS game but its so insanely lazy and phoned in from every conceivable angle that it gets insanely close to that.

When I'm actually pressing buttons and fighting, I'm having a decent time. But the AI is garbage, the enemies don't scale in Arcade or Story, and I'm spending time skipping through insanely boring, bad, and long dialogue and screens. It shouldn't surprise devs that players want to actually play the game but this. Keeps. Happening.

One of the ways I know that the game is phoned-in cashgrab garbage is if you play the story mode well.... at certain screens you press X to continue and at other, barely different, screens you press A to continue. These scenes are one right after the other and it's mind-boggling that anyone wouldn't notice or otherwise care enough to make an insanely small change.

Soul Calibur is one of the few fighting games with weapons and definitely the most popular in that class. I love the different weapons and styles so if anything I'm pissed because I know this should be a top tier fighter (no/little competition!) if anyone in that studio gave any apparent gently caress

Perry Mason Jar
Feb 24, 2006

"Della? Take a lid"
Playing Titanfall 2. Cheers to everyone in the thread who said its the best FPS. That's how i feel so far too, very good. Playing the solo campaign... is multi-player active?

Perry Mason Jar
Feb 24, 2006

"Della? Take a lid"

Beastie posted:

Yes but you're going to get completely destroyed.

You nearly scared me off but this turned out not to be true at all! And it's fun

Perry Mason Jar
Feb 24, 2006

"Della? Take a lid"
I usually don't go in for these type of games at all but I'm super digging Valheim. Don't know why the building feels more accessible and engaging here than in other similars but whatever.

I built the coolest little tree-house house. Built it up against a big tree on a mound at the top of a tall hill, with the tree being included as part of the wall and a second story wrap around porch for the tree-house vibe. Very cool

E: it's probably the flute bg music

Perry Mason Jar fucked around with this message at 08:26 on Mar 23, 2023

Perry Mason Jar
Feb 24, 2006

"Della? Take a lid"
Still having fun in Valheim. My treehouse looks sick I got like five stories on that bad boy. I wish the home below wasn't garbage but it was a first attempt. Just built a forge - let's, drat, go.

Perry Mason Jar
Feb 24, 2006

"Della? Take a lid"

ZeeBoi posted:

Finally.

https://www.twitter.com/verge/status/1642513705265971200

$179.99 for 1 TB. Still too much but it’s a start.

Uh that's $10 less than what the Seagate is listing for on both Amazon and Walmart right now. Lol

Perry Mason Jar
Feb 24, 2006

"Della? Take a lid"
Every time I've checked it's been $200, this is the lowest I've seen it. A 10% difference, or 5%, isn't nothing but it's not making the difference for people on a budget either.

Perry Mason Jar
Feb 24, 2006

"Della? Take a lid"
Flight Simulator and FH5 are my largest motivators. Also Destiny 2. I thought I'd pick up a fun little f2p shooter but I can never justify dedicating that much space to it.

Perry Mason Jar
Feb 24, 2006

"Della? Take a lid"

NikkolasKing posted:

Thinking it might be time to finally join the current gen of game consoles. I don't know how much longer I can expect game devs to make versions for PS4/Xbone.

The Xbox Series S is like half the price of the X. I know it's digital only but...that's $200+ saving I'm seeing. Is that extra money at all worth it? The o nly thing I can think of is, like, sometimes I regret my purchases and I can at least sell off a physical game. Not so much with digital purchases. But $200 is a lot of savings for me.

I'd get the S and hold onto the $200 so I could spend it on Game Pass.

Perry Mason Jar
Feb 24, 2006

"Della? Take a lid"
I'm not gonna hold you, when people show those side by side resolution comparisons I can't loving tell the difference.

I notice FPS though.

Perry Mason Jar
Feb 24, 2006

"Della? Take a lid"
"Good graphics" also don't require super-high poly-count ultra resolution. Celeste and Katana Zero are both Gorgeous. Even Valheim looks incredible just on the back of its lighting system.

Perry Mason Jar
Feb 24, 2006

"Della? Take a lid"

I said come in! posted:

Good artistic style is more important, but also so is performance. Too many games on the Switch run at really unacceptable performance, and that is what makes the Switch hardware suck so much.

Yeah for sure, Rocket League is basically unplayable on the Switch.

Perry Mason Jar
Feb 24, 2006

"Della? Take a lid"
Truly the Dreamcast of the modern era.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Perry Mason Jar
Feb 24, 2006

"Della? Take a lid"
Just delay it ffs