Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
What is going to be your favorite offseason storyline?
This poll is closed.
The Big3 Tourney 67 22.41%
Will Lakers draft Ball 40 13.38%
Where will the Pauls go 54 18.06%
Will LeBron jump ship to the Spurs or ?? 41 13.71%
Will every team in the league just pivot towards tanking 97 32.44%
Total: 210 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

• Locked thread
Spoeank
Jul 16, 2003

That's a nice set of 11 dynasty points there, it would be a shame if 3 rings were to happen with it

xbilkis posted:

What I'm saying is: Buddy Will Lead The Kings To The Playoffs

I moved to the bay area in 2010, just before the Giants, Niners and Warriors all took off and started being really good.

I move to Sacramento in six weeks, so put everything on the Kings being suddenly good.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Spoeank
Jul 16, 2003

That's a nice set of 11 dynasty points there, it would be a shame if 3 rings were to happen with it
The only positive ramification of the Warriors winning it all is KD is back on his twitter bullshit

https://twitter.com/KDTrey5/status/876595568121970688

Spoeank
Jul 16, 2003

AggressivelyStupid posted:

When I get tired I get silly boi,

Check out buddy when buddy huff farts

Please leave buddy out of this he's a very special boy

He don't even huff that hard

Spoeank
Jul 16, 2003

R.D. Mangles posted:

the NBA owns

The lockout NFL free agency where literally everything happened in like a week was the best NFL offseason ever and it would be like the 10th best NBA offseason this century

Spoeank
Jul 16, 2003

what a lovely design

they really flushed the money for that down the drain

at least it will be #2 to Levis for ugliest stadium

poop

Spoeank
Jul 16, 2003

https://twitter.com/ringer/status/877866277531824128

GO KINGS

Spoeank
Jul 16, 2003

I can't handle the Kings having a competently run draft

Spoeank
Jul 16, 2003

curried lamb of God posted:

I just found out that Eric Musselman was Cam Oliver's college coach

reminder:

SAC-RAM-EN-TO

Spoeank
Jul 16, 2003

https://twitter.com/Ballislife/status/878363157227548672

lol at white chocolate with the undershirt

Spoeank
Jul 16, 2003

Cool Buff Man posted:

I want a lawyer who makes grammatical mistakes in official letters too

The president has a lawyer who can't spell president. What hope do the rest of us have?

Spoeank
Jul 16, 2003

WhyteRyce posted:

Kings Summer League roster:

Jack Cooley
De'Aaron Fox
Harry Giles
Dominique Hawkins
Buddy Hield
Justin Jackson
Skal Labissiere
Naz Mitrou-Long
Frank Mason
Georgios Papagiannis
Malachi Richardson

We are going to destroy people

Kings about to win 2 out of 3 Vegas summer league titles by sending their actual team.

Light years ahead of summer league.

Spoeank
Jul 16, 2003

WhyteRyce posted:

Off topic but I love the headline and we were talking about the terrible Bay Area not long ago
http://www.sacbee.com/news/local/article158413104.html

Escrow closes on my Carmichael house next Wednesday and I get to leave the Bay Area on the 15th :swoon: :swoon: :swoon:

Spoeank
Jul 16, 2003

predicto posted:

I'm sorry to hear that. I'll pray for you

Yeah I'm tired of lighting $3k a month on fire.

I'm going to pay 2/3 of that and have twice the space. I think I'll survive.

Spoeank
Jul 16, 2003

E2M2 posted:

The commute is brutal to the Bay

It's okay y'all

I transferred within my company and my wife is working remotely now. My commute is 5 minutes and I'm keeping my Bay Area premium pay.

Spoeank
Jul 16, 2003

RIP in Pieces Benny McLemore I hope someone can harness your sweet dunks and complete discomfort on a basketball court

Spoeank
Jul 16, 2003

Spacebump posted:

Who wins a series of all the best active Kentucky players (coached by Pop or Carlisle) vs GSW?

I was going to say AD and Boogie alone would wreck teams then I remembered and lolled

The Warriors probably win considering the Kings had 3 of the top 12 in 2015-16 and were a trash fire. Plus KAT/AD/Cousins creates a weird logjam that three of your best four players can't really be on the court at the same time.

Spoeank
Jul 16, 2003

If Bogdan is as promised, Bogdan + Skal for Chriss is going to look like highway robbery.

The Kings are gonna have 9 players on their first contracts so they're entering the development part (WCS, Papa, Bogdan, Skal, Buddy, Fox, Giles, Jackson, Mason)

Spoeank
Jul 16, 2003

pubic works project posted:

Bogdan is getting 3 years, 27 million.

This is cool.

And he's the highest paid King right now lmao*

*not counting cap holds

Spoeank
Jul 16, 2003

Time posted:

I don't think I realized how dire the roster was until I saw this

They have 9 guys on their first deals, including 2Bog Dan. They tore it all the way down to the studs to start over.

I'd much rather this than Rajon Rondo and Marco Belinelli and Omri Casspi and 30 wins forever

Spoeank
Jul 16, 2003

Well we have Steph, Klay, KD. What do we need to round this out?

...a high volume gunner?

Spoeank
Jul 16, 2003

so much for that
https://twitter.com/JabariJYoung/status/881008599958507520

Spoeank
Jul 16, 2003

Hell yeah Balkan Chocolate

Spoeank
Jul 16, 2003

younger than serge ibaka wow

Spoeank
Jul 16, 2003

the nba has the best offseason and its not loving close

Spoeank
Jul 16, 2003

WhyteRyce posted:

I'm confused, how many titles is IT trying to claim for himself there?

Hes trying to claim them all but hes coming up a little short

:haw:

Spoeank
Jul 16, 2003

Its voodoo

Their cap numbers phase in and out of reality. It's the only explanation.

Spoeank
Jul 16, 2003

https://twitter.com/ailene_voisin/status/882006163197317120

https://twitter.com/AdamSchein/status/882002763017834496

:jerkbag:

Spoeank
Jul 16, 2003

I just realized this is 100% KD's way of getting credit for the incoming 2018 championship hahaha

Spoeank
Jul 16, 2003

2017-18 East All Star Starters

LeBron, King Zing, Boston Future Assets, The Process (the concept)*, one lucky fan in section 108

*injury replacement for The Process, the person

Spoeank fucked around with this message at 07:08 on Jul 4, 2017

Spoeank
Jul 16, 2003

WhyteRyce posted:

George Hill is a good bridge PG. He can start while Fox figures things out and even play opposite him when he's ready for more. And we still have room for a SF. But that's a year longer than I would have liked

fingers crossed it's a team or player option on the third year. If that's the case I don't mind it so much while Fox gets an NBA body and a decent jumper.

Spoeank
Jul 16, 2003

Vlade just saying gently caress it and cashing out

Spoeank
Jul 16, 2003

If the Kings use the partial guarantee on Hill then he, Kuofos, ZBo and Temple all expire going into 2019.

That... actually makes sense and is kind of forward thinking. What the hell vlade

Spoeank
Jul 16, 2003

the knicks gave THJ like 1/5 of their cap lol just lol

Spoeank
Jul 16, 2003

:thunk:

Spoeank
Jul 16, 2003

Kings and Grizz essentially traded McLemore and Evans for Carter and ZBo and this is one of the better outcomes for Kings recent former first rounders

Spoeank
Jul 16, 2003

WhyteRyce posted:

Peja is here, professed my love out loud like old times. He ignored me like old times

ask him if he knows he is younger than VC

Spoeank
Jul 16, 2003

what the drat hell

Spoeank
Jul 16, 2003

https://twitter.com/mr_jasonjones/status/884267455010316288

Spoeank
Jul 16, 2003

Cool Buff Man posted:

Stojakovic is mine

There has never been a more fun name to pronounce

:same: but I say Peja!

A guy on the basketball team in high school who started as a PF and transitioned to a big SF junior year. The coach told him he was going to make the move because he was an athletic freak. When he came back from the summer he shouted HERB MAGEE at every shot in practice because he did nothing but watch The Shot Doctor videos all summer to learn how to shoot.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Spoeank
Jul 16, 2003

BitterAvatar posted:

Is this offseason so crazy that people found out KD sniffs farts and I missed it? Please catch me up

buddy

https://massappeal.com/kevin-durant-cant-remember-which-okc-gal-fart-face/

• Locked thread