Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
What is going to be your favorite offseason storyline?
This poll is closed.
The Big3 Tourney 67 22.41%
Will Lakers draft Ball 40 13.38%
Where will the Pauls go 54 18.06%
Will LeBron jump ship to the Spurs or ?? 41 13.71%
Will every team in the league just pivot towards tanking 97 32.44%
Total: 210 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

• Locked thread
aBagorn
Aug 26, 2004

euphronius posted:

Oops nevermind love on the books for 19-20

He's signed for 3 years and would be perfect for the sixers man. Idk. Seems good.

I've actually been seeing, not from any of the big names, the Sixers linked to Love as the third team in a deal for PG

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

aBagorn
Aug 26, 2004

pubic works project posted:

Ah dammit. Back to the drawing board I go!

Good thing I'm bored at work today.

Edit: I got it! http://www.espn.com/nba/tradeMachine?tradeId=yddczk3g

Dear god yesssssssssss

aBagorn
Aug 26, 2004
Can the Sixers package whatever doesn't convey from the BOS trade plus, idk Saric, and get Zing?

Simmons
Fultz
Covington
Kristaps
Embiid

:shlick:

aBagorn
Aug 26, 2004

Lockback posted:

Covington is a solid wing guard and Fultz will probably eventually be alright. Embiid is an elite rim protector if he can stay on the floor.

Covington is more than solid, but yeah this.

aBagorn
Aug 26, 2004

Spacebump posted:

In a perfect world Dallas finds a way to get King Zing. They need a fake Dirk soon, it would be perfect.

Would you play him next to Nerlens or let him walk?

aBagorn
Aug 26, 2004

straight up brolic posted:

lol I would do that if I was the Suns unironically

:same:

aBagorn
Aug 26, 2004
http://hinkie.theringer.com/

This is amazing

aBagorn
Aug 26, 2004

EvanTH posted:

How would Kawhi work next to PG? Two SFs no SG? Can PG play the 4?

PG is more likely to play minutes at the 2 than the 4 IMO

aBagorn
Aug 26, 2004

tanglewood1420 posted:

Victor Oladipo, Ersan Ilyasova and the 2016 no. 11 overall (Sabonis) --- > Serge Ibaka

Serge Ibaka ---> Terrence Ross and the 2017 25th overall pick

2017 25th overall pick ---> 2020 OKC 1st (top-20 protected for three years, conveys into two second rounders in 2022 and 2023)

SO overall

Oladpio, Illyasova and a no. 11 pick turned into Terrence Ross and two second rounders six and seven years in the future.

The Orlando Magic front office everybody.

The best part is that the 2020 OKC pick they got from Philly was also part of an Illyasova trade

aBagorn
Aug 26, 2004
Speaking of 3P shooting, do we think Embiid can maintain > .350 with 4-5 attempts/game if he plays ~ 60 games ?

aBagorn
Aug 26, 2004

Covington got snubbed :colbert:

aBagorn
Aug 26, 2004

PantsFreeZone posted:

so who is going to win the next title that isn't the Warriors?

i got money on the 2020ish T'Wolves

2021 Sixers :colbert:

aBagorn
Aug 26, 2004

Punkin Spunkin posted:

https://twitter.com/ChrisBHaynes/status/879795952206270464
Im good on these rumors. If we wanted an old man & a traitor we'd exhume Ronnie Reagan

I'm actually really IN on the Sixers going after an Iggy reunion.

aBagorn
Aug 26, 2004

Spacebump posted:

Since CP3 opted into his deal instead of a new deal isn't he likely to screw himself long term? At his age it's a little risky not to go for the biggest longest deal possible. He is still great but Father Time catches point guards faster than big men, never know when he could have an injury that ruins him.

I just listened to a podcast on this and it's going to allow him to re sign in Houston (if he wants) after this contract for a full 5 year max if I understood correctly

aBagorn
Aug 26, 2004

Away all Goats posted:

I look forward to the garbage fire the East is gonna be (I mean even more so) when Butler, Lowry, PG13 and Milsap all leave for the West

Sixers gonna make the playoffs

aBagorn
Aug 26, 2004

Good. CJ Miles on a 1 year 18 million

aBagorn
Aug 26, 2004

shirts and skins posted:

Oh man if Embiid stays healthy (I know, I know, I KNOW) that team legit might make the loving ECF.

I'm a big Sixers homer and all, and thought they'd compete for a playoff spot BEFORE the talent drain to the west, but let's not be hasty.

Cleveland, Boston, Washington, and Milwaukee are clearly ahead of them. Probably Toronto too, even if they lose Lowry.

They're still in that barely scraping into the playoffs tier this year (starting 2 rookies) with Charlotte, Miami, and Atlanta

aBagorn
Aug 26, 2004

Nissin Cup Nudist posted:

I almost wish the Sixers traded Okafor and uh, Jerred Bayless and Gerlad Henderson for PG right now

aBagorn
Aug 26, 2004

Carlosologist posted:

2018 Eastern Conference All-Stars:

Kyrie, Wall, LeBron, Giannis, 5-15:???

Seriously that talent drain is some of the worst I've seen

Embiid, Love, DeRoazan, IT, Horford....

yeah I got nothin

aBagorn
Aug 26, 2004

NotWearingPants posted:

If Redick starts, I guess that means Saric comes off the bench? I'd like to think that Fultz will start from day 1.

Yeah that was probably always going to be the case.

Saric and Simmons shouldn't be on the floor together for too many minutes, unless Ben got quicker and can defend better than I think he's going to

e: I'm very interested in what this means for Stauskas and Bayless. You have Reddick coming over for a year, and then Korkmaz, and TLC can also play minutes at the 2 and are probably more in the long term plans

aBagorn fucked around with this message at 21:29 on Jul 1, 2017

aBagorn
Aug 26, 2004

Libertine posted:

The 76ers core is very exciting hopefully they can stay healthy. I don't see how that isn't a playoff team with all the quality additions.

Additionally who is TLC? I have no idea and none of the players on the Sixers are good enough to have earned nicknames yet so I'm extra confused.

25th pick last year - Timothe Luwawu Cabarot

Was projected to play in the G league and surprised everyone by making the roster and actually looking decent as a marginal 3&D wing by the end of the season

aBagorn
Aug 26, 2004
Yeah the Sixers playoff chances are directly tied to the O/U of games played by Embiid.

Last year they went 14-17 with Embiid (.452) and 14-37 (.275) without.

If those numbers don't change at all (I'd actually say they will be better with Embiid this year and slightly worse without him, but let's just roll with it), JoJo would have to play 65 games to get them to 35 wins.

So if the O/U is 65, I'm unfortunately probably going to take the under as I say he's going to play in between 55 and 60 games

aBagorn
Aug 26, 2004

Cool Buff Man posted:

Even that's wrong though, 45% of 65 games is 29.38, 27.5% of the 15 remaining games is 4.675 so I'm vindicated

poo poo the math I did in my head was wrong.

Intruder posted:

I think he's saying that with those rates, if Embiid plays 65 games they'll go 35-47

Hate to be that person, but - *she

e: \/ I guess I'll count it as close enough. Bugs me that I didn't get it exactly right

aBagorn fucked around with this message at 16:04 on Jul 3, 2017

aBagorn
Aug 26, 2004

Nissin Cup Nudist posted:

I'll take RobCo over KCP 10/10 times

Absolutely. Defensively they aren't in the same stratosphere

aBagorn
Aug 26, 2004

Word so Fultz,,, is off until the start of the preseason then

Sixers medical staff? He's out until the ASB, minimnum

aBagorn
Aug 26, 2004

Declan MacManus posted:

I got the itch to do something creative with basketball. Would any of you turbonerds like to do a podcast with me and my monotone nerd voice about the NBA draft and rookies over the course of the first year?

I'm down

aBagorn
Aug 26, 2004
Noel wasn't a "tank" pick. He was the first pick Hinkie ever made, the tank started the next year.

Also Hinkie got the Sixers back their first round pick they lost in the lovely Bynum trade, and then was able to sell high on MCW to get the Lakers pick that Colangelo flipped, etc etc.

Mistakes were made, undoubtedly, but the thought process of The Process was sound

aBagorn
Aug 26, 2004
The Process wasn't just the tanking. It was the Ainge-like accumulation of assets and taking on bad contracts for picks and keeping a low salary to facilitate that. The tanking is all everyone talks about though, which irritates me

aBagorn
Aug 26, 2004

Niwrad posted:

Covington is the only guy who could even sniff a rotation on a good team.

Auntie Holmes could be a backup/3rd big on any contender. He'd get minutes.

aBagorn
Aug 26, 2004
Just some dudes working out together

https://www.instagram.com/p/BWdRuedAvgt/

Note that Benjamin is wearing his official Sixers gear and LeBron is shirtless.

LeBron to Philly 2018 confirmed

aBagorn
Aug 26, 2004

There are only 15 everyday players in the NBA that are good enough at post ups to be allowed to do them:

Gallinari
DeRozan
Jokic
Butler
Parker
Towns
Harris
Kanter
Barnes
Kawhi
Big Al
Brook Lopez
Batum
Harkless
Smart

It's a waste of time for everyone else.

Embiid?

Or too soon to tell

aBagorn
Aug 26, 2004

CJ McCollum and Embiid were at this workout too.

I recognize those shorts

aBagorn
Aug 26, 2004

euphronius posted:

Ads on jerseys was a terrible idea

It's fine

aBagorn
Aug 26, 2004

r/sixers seems to hate it which just confirms that it's pretty awesome to me

aBagorn
Aug 26, 2004

Seriously this is one of the most mamba moves in the history of the game.

In the loving FINALS he does this.

aBagorn
Aug 26, 2004
Most realistic 2k ever

aBagorn
Aug 26, 2004

euphronius posted:

https://twitter.com/derekbodnernba/status/910555003324166145

The fact they they are talking seems like good news

Colangelo also mentioned that there was "no setback" but that (and I'm interpreting here) they won't actually clear Embiid for 5x5 until the preseason.

Bubble wrapping this guy hard.

aBagorn
Aug 26, 2004

Jota posted:

Never fear:

https://twitter.com/NBCSPhilly/status/918201403365101574

Even if they just show the Nets feed with their announcers, it will be much, much more tolerable than when they did that with the Celtics crew last game. Oh my god they are so bad

Good. This means I can use the NBC Sports app on my fire tv instead of the illicit streaming options

aBagorn
Aug 26, 2004

Libertine posted:

It doesn't really matter what he calls himself, and what his duties are, if he's the 2nd tallest player in the lineup and he's guarding the other 2nd tallest player in the opposing teams lineup he's probably gonna be listed as a PF.

It's funny, he's listed as PF on the official Sixers site, but on more than one occasion (including the last preseason game) I've heard the announcer introduce the team like:

F JJ Reddick
F Robert Covington
G Bayless/Fultz
G Ben Simmons
C Joel Embiid

It really seems like an ego thing :shrug:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

aBagorn
Aug 26, 2004

NotWearingPants posted:

Simmons does not need any help with the ball handling and neither Bayless nor Fultz shared that role with him while they were on the floor together.

Should have taken Monk.

• Locked thread