Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
What is going to be your favorite offseason storyline?
This poll is closed.
The Big3 Tourney 67 22.41%
Will Lakers draft Ball 40 13.38%
Where will the Pauls go 54 18.06%
Will LeBron jump ship to the Spurs or ?? 41 13.71%
Will every team in the league just pivot towards tanking 97 32.44%
Total: 210 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

• Locked thread
Away all Goats
Jul 5, 2005

Goose's rebellion

Is Paul George the best SF in OKC history?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Away all Goats
Jul 5, 2005

Goose's rebellion

Lebron about to start coasting during the first 3 rounds too

Away all Goats
Jul 5, 2005

Goose's rebellion

Sure they did

Away all Goats
Jul 5, 2005

Goose's rebellion

Whose getting Mozgov money at midnight

Away all Goats
Jul 5, 2005

Goose's rebellion

Stupid poo poo FOs like this is exactly why the East is worse than the West

Away all Goats
Jul 5, 2005

Goose's rebellion

Paul Zuvella posted:

loving lol thI Celtics are going to go into next season with the exact loving team except somehow even thinner at the. Front court and people are still going to pretend Danny Ainge is a good GM

It's gonna be even funnier if Fultz turns out to be as good as people were saying

Away all Goats
Jul 5, 2005

Goose's rebellion

I hope Milsap to the wolves actually happens (they have the space, right?). That's a legit team.

e: oh wait Milsap is 32? ehhh..

Away all Goats
Jul 5, 2005

Goose's rebellion

Redgrendel2001 posted:

Simmons scrambling to find some potential silver lining.

https://twitter.com/BillSimmons/status/881218604124913664

lmao that would be so stupid. I hope they do it.

Away all Goats
Jul 5, 2005

Goose's rebellion

That's a good pick up for the sixers, Amir is a great locker room guy. Not so sure about his on court stuff anymore though.

Away all Goats
Jul 5, 2005

Goose's rebellion

Metapod posted:

serge is not happy with you guys thinking he is lying about his age https://twitter.com/sergeibaka_7/status/881285403118096388

Shrewd move, Masai

Away all Goats
Jul 5, 2005

Goose's rebellion

https://twitter.com/WindhorstESPN/status/881380856635326464
:eyesemoji:

Away all Goats
Jul 5, 2005

Goose's rebellion

Hahhaha

Away all Goats
Jul 5, 2005

Goose's rebellion

Danny LaFever posted:

Big fan of Lowry and Ibaka signings. This has been the most successful era of Raptors basketball and I'd rather watch a 50+ win team then the pre-lowry Raptors.

That's basically how I feel about it. The simultaneous 3 year signing means there's a clear time limit on this core and Masai can blow it up without losing anything.

Away all Goats
Jul 5, 2005

Goose's rebellion

euphronius posted:

How do the three year deals align with Derozan?

Assuming derozan turns down his player option, all 3 deals end at the same time.

Away all Goats
Jul 5, 2005

Goose's rebellion

Spurs should trade for Jonas Valanciunas. All it will cost is the low price of taking Demarre Carroll too

Away all Goats
Jul 5, 2005

Goose's rebellion

On one hand I appreciate other GMs not giving in and actually pulling off trades and signings to try and compete with the warriors.

On the other hand lol the league is so hosed KD is willing to perform bitch move after bitch move to ensure the team he joined stays intact so he can cruise to easy titles.

Away all Goats
Jul 5, 2005

Goose's rebellion

gently caress I'm sad we can't keep Patterson if Tucker is gonna walk and that was the price for 2pat. Yeah he forgot how to shoot but he was great defensively and embraced the city pretty heavily.

Away all Goats
Jul 5, 2005

Goose's rebellion

https://twitter.com/JLew1050/status/882440115779403780

Haha kill me

Away all Goats
Jul 5, 2005

Goose's rebellion

I'm unironically excited to see kobe wade lead Miami to an upset over the Cavs this playoffs

Away all Goats
Jul 5, 2005

Goose's rebellion

I would make some joke about a treadmill but I think you have to make the playoffs for that to apply.

Away all Goats
Jul 5, 2005

Goose's rebellion

Lonzo becoming a bust and DLO turning into an all-star (lol East) would be like the funniest thing right now.

Away all Goats
Jul 5, 2005

Goose's rebellion

time to unleash the Bruno

Away all Goats
Jul 5, 2005

Goose's rebellion

Eltoasto posted:

What happened to Carroll? Odd to see FG % plummet like that in his age 28 year, is it possible it was just a bad fit for him?

Constant injuries. Even when he was cleared to play he was allegedly fighting foot/back problems.

also yeah going from a well coached Jazz/Hawks team to Dwayne "high PnR and throw up a dumb shot" Casey didn't help.

Away all Goats fucked around with this message at 05:51 on Jul 9, 2017

Away all Goats
Jul 5, 2005

Goose's rebellion

morestuff posted:

I think the protections will determine how bad that deal is for Toronto, it could be one of those phantom firsts

It's lottery protected according to this guy

https://twitter.com/JeffZillgitt/status/883910523577745408

Away all Goats
Jul 5, 2005

Goose's rebellion

Cool Buff Man posted:

Well it wasn't going to be a lottery pick anyways so that's good for the Nets
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Wcz_kDCBTBk

Away all Goats
Jul 5, 2005

Goose's rebellion

EvanTH posted:

Was Ujiri not their GM when they signed Joseph and Carroll? Signing Spurs players to huge contracts seems like the fundamental example of "not a great GM" move to me

Like a year a go people were saying CoJo was on a great contract for one of the best back up pgs in the league. Now it's an overpay? Cory was an integral part of the Raptors bench that had like one of the best net ratings for the last two years.

This was kind of inevitable though with how Delon has been playing when he got minutes.

Away all Goats
Jul 5, 2005

Goose's rebellion

https://twitter.com/StevePopper/status/884489050631147522
'pls improve to deserve this money'

Away all Goats
Jul 5, 2005

Goose's rebellion

It's actually Joakim Noah with the worst contract.

Away all Goats
Jul 5, 2005

Goose's rebellion

leftist heap posted:

Noah put up 1 more win share than Turner in 600 fewer minutes.

People really, really, really underestimate how bad Evan Turner is. I think because he just looks like he should be better at basketball than he is, but gently caress he's remarkably bad at everything. The only thing he can do remotely well is shoot free throws and he barely gets to the line at all.

Yeah but at least he can shoot free throws
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-VlJBcG4-7M

Away all Goats
Jul 5, 2005

Goose's rebellion

vaginal facsimile posted:

Why are there 200 new posts?

turns out there are a lot of players on bad contracts

Away all Goats
Jul 5, 2005

Goose's rebellion

Biyombo deserves every penny he got for dragging my dumb team to heights they will likely not see again in the near future.

Away all Goats
Jul 5, 2005

Goose's rebellion

attackmole posted:

I don't think he dragged the Raptors anywhere. He was nice and a good anchor but the teams gonna keep on Raptoring. Who's ready for another year of near unwatchable iso ball, 45-50 wins and a second round exit? Let's go!

'dragging' is a bit of hyperbole, but his rim protection, illegal screens and general self confidence were exactly what the team needed to advance in the playoffs. Biz actually tried to hold people accountable for loving up defensively

Away all Goats
Jul 5, 2005

Goose's rebellion

Gonz posted:

Trick New Orleans into taking Drummond too, Pistons.

For picks or money or something.

Cousins-AD-Drummond large ball frontcourt lineup would be hilarious

Away all Goats
Jul 5, 2005

Goose's rebellion

Hope that works out better than splitter did. Though Hawks have to be tanking at this point

Away all Goats
Jul 5, 2005

Goose's rebellion

EvanTH posted:

KD isn't a bitch, that's silly. He's a top 3 NBA player.

Why can't he be both?

Away all Goats
Jul 5, 2005

Goose's rebellion

Anderson next to Lillard and Mccollum would be so disastrously bad on defense

Away all Goats
Jul 5, 2005

Goose's rebellion

Libertine posted:

Anime sucks but I like the team that the Jazz are building even though I doubt it will work.

They're trying to win 2004 pistons style

Away all Goats
Jul 5, 2005

Goose's rebellion

LMAO his loving face

Away all Goats
Jul 5, 2005

Goose's rebellion

AggressivelyStupid posted:

maybe embed the video if you want me to give a poo poo, imo

This helps alot, especially since it gives a thumbnail and I know what I'm getting into

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Away all Goats
Jul 5, 2005

Goose's rebellion

EvanTH posted:

cupsnake

I'm stealing this

• Locked thread